[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In a scale of1 to 10, how professional was the red army during

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1439884081405.jpg (102KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
1439884081405.jpg
102KB, 550x366px
In a scale of1 to 10, how professional was the red army during WW2?

Were they really just redneck conscripts thrown into the fray with nearly no training and shit equipment? Was their main problem the way they handled each individual soldier?

Or were their problems more due to the lack of logistics and general organization?

Or is this just all cold war US propaganda?
>>
>>1448772
There was definitely a lot of competent, professional soldiers in the Red Army, but a lot of them spent time in gulags before being reinstated, and they were outnumbered by le slavic liberators
>>
Red army in 1941: 2/10
Red army in 1945: 9/10
>>
>>1448816
Pretty much this. The Soviets were amazingly good learners.
>>
>>1448782
>There was definitely a lot of competent, professional soldiers in the Red Army, but a lot of them spent time in gulags before being reinstated, and they were outnumbered by le slavic liberators

It's a meme. The quality of officer corps that Stalin killed off was also abysmal. They were Budyonny-tier.

The Great Purge wasn't the main reason for the horrible performance of the Red Army in the first months of the war. Rather, it was the explosive growth of the Soviet military during the years immediately preceding Barbarossa. They formed a massive number of units that were powerful on paper but in reality staffed by (yet) untrained men, commanded by (yet) underschooled officers and using (yet) untested equipment.
>>
>>1448772
Redneck conscripts in 1941
Avatars of death and destruction in 1943-1945.

>>1448782
The units that were used for the rape of German women in Berlin were of Asiatic origin,they were intentionally chosen for that assignment in order to violate the Aryan ideal of the racial purity of the Germans.
>>
It varies, the conscripts of '41 like >>1449134 mentioned had barely any training and were haphazardly thrown into combat and suffered staggering losses. By '45, the Red Army was the most effective and experienced army in the world in both offensive and defensive operations and was unmatched in terms of strategic/operational planning.
>>
>>1449142
Indeed.
>>
>>1449242
Although I should add that the quality could be still be pretty variable even by 44/45. There were some awful generals that caused the Finnish or Estonian fronts to be absolute shit for the Russians.
>>
>>1449252
And I know of which generals you speak,or at least I think so.
>>
>>1448860
There was also the total strategic surprise achieved by the Germans because Stalin's bizarre believe that his whole intelligence apparatus was lying to him and that Hitler was trustworthy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.