[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently realized that Christianity is the most complete teaching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 047-religion-symbols-vector.png (29KB, 600x445px) Image search: [Google]
047-religion-symbols-vector.png
29KB, 600x445px
I recently realized that Christianity is the most complete teaching of all religions.
It teaches the exact same thing as Buddhism, but goes into much more detail about how we came into being, where Buddhists simply don't care about.
I think that Christianity, looked at through an unintelligent person's eyes, is extremely poorly interpreted.
I am convinced that heaven and hell are mental states, rebirths, karma and suffering through attachments are often hinted in the Bible and named otherwise such as sin.
10 commandments = 10 percepts
It's the exact same teaching however you look at it, Christianity merely goes deeper into detail about the Creator.
I don't know much about Islam and Judaism but they are also abrahamic religions like Christianity so it's basically the same shit.
All religions teach the same things if understood correctly and believe the same things. Some are more incomplete than others, and apply better to today's society. Just like Shinto applies only to Japan.
Am I alone in this?
>>
>>1448281
>Am I alone in this?

No. I think the religion I follow to is the most complete, and you think yours is. This is how religious people are.
>>
File: 1465046181182.jpg (319KB, 877x1214px) Image search: [Google]
1465046181182.jpg
319KB, 877x1214px
>>1448281
>I don't know much about Islam and Judaism but they are also abrahamic religions like Christianity so it's basically the same shit.
No, not at all. Like not even remotely close. For starters, Christians have 10 commandments. Jews have 613. Six-hundred and thirteen. I will allow you to imagine the discrepancy yourself.

>Christianity merely goes deeper into detail about the Creator.
Unless you mean the creator as an anthropomorphic person (Jesus?), no, Christian cosmogony+theology is extremely bare compared to Jewish kabbalah. As far as I know Augustinian never detailed the anatomy of the body of god beyond the Trinity, or how the universe was specifically created beyond what's describe in cursory reading of Genesis.

>All religions teach the same things if understood correctly and believe the same things. Some are more incomplete than others, and apply better to today's society
This is a good point. All religions satisfy a desire for meaning, order, and transcendence from the mundane. You aren't the first person to favor this religious "perennial philosophy". Unfortunately, the school falls short after recognizing that all religions claim to be literally true - you can't have infinite divisibility and atomic theory or alchemy and chemistry, one of them has to be less correct than the other. All three of the Abrahamic religions wildly disagree about the order and validity of their prophets, for instance...
>>
>>1448281

>It teaches the exact same thing as Buddhism

Nonsense, they are different in almost every way.
>>
>>1449154
But peace love bruh
>>
>>1448281
> All religions teach the same things
Like all science disciplines teaching same things?
>>
>>1448281
If you think there is a subjective opinion realting to any of the big religions you are an utter retard and why these belief systems are an utter joke.

>believe in this book, but only this edited version which cuts out all the bad stuff. You are all doing what it says over and over what you are NOT MEANT TO DO.

Kill yourselves.

Deuteronomy 4:2
"You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Deuteronomy 12:32
"Whatever I command you, you shall be careful to do; you shall not add to nor take away from it.

Proverbs 30:6
Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.

Revelation 22:7
"Behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is the one who keeps the words of prophecy in this book."

Revelation 22:9
But he said to me, "Do not do that. I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God!"

Revelation 22:10
Then he told me, "Do not seal up the words of prophecy in this book, because the time is near.

At least ISIS believe what is written in the book.
>>
>>1448281
yes, all religions teach the same thing. once you strip away all the pretty foil packaging, the simple lesson is that there is something beyond this life. that alone is enough to instill a sense of morality and the idea that our actions matter.

also jesus and buddha are basically bffs.
>>
>>1450134
That is a view that neither Christians nor Buddhists would agree to.

Both Christianity and Buddhism arise out of the questions, "what the fuck is wrong with this fucking world? What do we do about it? Are we screwed? Why are we so fucked up?" If you said that, at base, most religions are answers to these questions, you'd be kind of right. Kind of. Buddhism and Christianity answer these questions in VERY different ways, and they are based on VERY different cosmologies.

The major similarities between all the religions are not morality, but mysticism. Just about every major religion has a mystical tradition, and a lot of these function in very similar ways, although the reasoning is often very different.
>>
>>1448281
Definately.

When reading side by side, and self contemplation.
>>
>>1450355
To add: the soteriologies of both doctrines is radically different.

A Christian finds salvation in letting Jesus save them (to oversimplify).
A Buddhist finds salvation in extinguishing incorrect perception of reality (to oversimplify).

While I agree Jesus and Buddha would probably get along well, their philosophies are radically different and based in two wildly diverse cultural conceptions of what the universe is metaphysically.
>>
>>1450355
>That is a view that neither Christians nor Buddhists would agree to.

the jesus and buddha bff part? that was mostly a joke, one that roughly 10 million people would agree with, but i still do not think they are wholly dissimilar. i never meant that they teach the same morals.. the specifics of what they teach isn't as important here as the field they're in; the details cloud the bigger picture. what is important is as you say, the mysticism. they both offer spiritual guidance and humans seem to really like that, because without it life can feel as if it lacks a purpose.

but in detail, yeah, they are pretty different.
>>
>>1450444
Some Buddhist also believes Buddha teaches the Way to Salvation but does not give salvation. They at the very least believe Buddha helps eradicate sin.

Many Christians also set aside "Faith alone" for a more devoted practice which also makes one work to their own Salvation with Christ revealing the Way, rather than salvation by associating with the "common christian"

They all have truths that are beyond basic perception
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.