[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was politically and militarily speaking, the greatest Sassanid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Who was politically and militarily speaking, the greatest Sassanid monarch, /his/? Otherwise pre-Islamic Iranian/Persian general thread or whatever.
>>
>mfw Persians will always be noble and Arabs will always be barbarians

everything that started out on the Arabian peninsula is literal subhuman tier
>>
>>1446061
Okay but that doesn't answer my question
>>
>>1446061
Hey fellow Scandinavian pagan keto dieting youtube vanguarding defender of Evropa that's NOT AN ARGUMENT
>>
File: 1468298457240.jpg (280KB, 1270x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1468298457240.jpg
280KB, 1270x1136px
>>1446061
Hows California?
>>
>>1446160
It's more likely he's one of those """Aryan""" Persian shitters in the west.
>>
>>1446160
But islamic Iran is superiour in its cultural legacy to the retarded post islamic arabs.

Most good shit about islamic civilisation was flushed in from the persians and it comes to no suprise that their shia nation has a less hypocritical theocracy going on in cobtrast to the degenerated slave keeping wankfest that is saudi arabia and its cancerous neighboors.
>>
Khosrau II, the greatest Sassanid ruler and their downfall.
Reading about the last Sassanian-Byzantine war always makes you sad. 2 centuries old adversaries led by the greatest ruler generals of the time determined to fight the final showdown between them. In the end it was all for naught, hundreds of thousand killed, eastern cities reduced to rubble and economies destroyed.
Within a few years crazed Arabs led by one of the few undefeated generals ever came and destroyed the Sassanid empire only a decade after their zenith and damning the Middle East to barbarism forever
>>
Is there any Sassanidboos here
>>
File: 1459111419734.png (253KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1459111419734.png
253KB, 500x375px
>>1446738
>Khosrau II
>greatest Sassanid ruler
I think either Shapur I or Shapur II, his grandfather Khosrau I, or great-grandfather Kavadh I would be better to be honest.

>>1447855
Yes.

>>1446338
>>1446061
Both of you please kill yourselves.
>>
File: Anoushiravan.jpg (499KB, 1280x1916px) Image search: [Google]
Anoushiravan.jpg
499KB, 1280x1916px
>>1446033
This man speaks the truth. >>1448021 The second Khosrau saw the greatest expansion but he wasn't commanding the conquering armies for most of the war. Politically he was very weak, his reign saw several revolts and he needed roman help to be crowned.

If I have to choose one it is his grandfather Khosrau I. If you just want victories and expansion it's Shapur I though.
>>1447855
Me.
>>
>>1448050
To be fair, Khosrau II started at a weaker position because Bahram Chobin inherited a shit ton of political power and influence with the Wuzargan thanks to his successes under Khosrau II's grandfather. Maurice helped him out, and he seemed to be very strong until his jealously toward a couple of his more successful generals (Shahrabaraz and Shahin), ended up fucking him over in the end.

IIRC, Shahrabaraz learned of a plot of Khosrau II planning to have him removed from his office as one of the supreme commanders of the Persian army, and then assassinated on "return" to Ctesiphon. This was leaked to him by one of Heraclius' messengers when they caught Khosrau II's envoy and why his army withdraw in the last stages of the war where it could've made a major difference.

Add shit like Shahin, another famous general who died of depression having a story or legend prop up of the King abuse his corpse, and the guy being another member of one of the Seven Royal Parthian Houses, doesn't help.

Khosrau II started great then faltered. But I think at least politically, Kavadh I would be the highest. The guy ruled in office twice over, and constantly reversed coups and attempted assassinations that lead to the second and final Sassanid golden age. Also a lot of the military, political, and socio-economic reforms were started under him, but Khosrau I really went forward even further with them.
>>
>>1448076
Feel free to correct me but I'm pretty sure Bahram Chobin's exploits mostly happened under Khosrau's father (one of the Hormizds, I think IV), not grandfather.
>>
>>1448050
>crowned by Romans
>start devasting war against Romans
Sounds like a bitch
>>
>>1448243
He started the war to avenge the murder of the emperor who installed him on the throne. Or that was the casus belli at least.
>>
>>1448265
Didn't he massecre a lot of Christians belonging to the official Church of the empire on the way though?
Or is that a myth?
>>
>>1448243
You're confusing Khosrau I the Anoushirvan (Immortal Soul), with his grandson, Khosrau II Parviz (the Victor). Also to be fair, this isn't well known but Khosrau II was prepapred to let the early war end until a Persian governor of the Eastern Romans, a man named Narses, was burned alive by Phocas who also killed several other aides sent to negotiate with him.

Blame Phocas.

>>1448274
The Eastern Romans did it to Zoroastrians within their Empire as well. Remember, 99% of the wars between the Romans/Byzantines with the Arsacids/Sassanids were over political and economic reasons, not specifically religion which was at best a pretext for more subtle and material things.

>>1448159
It was mainly under Khosrau I, the majority of Chobin's greatest military exploits and accolades happened under Anourshirvan's reign like the first Persian-Turk War and the Anatasian War.

Mainly he has:

>Persian-Turk War
>War with the Hepthatilites/White Huns
>Lazic Wars
>Byzantine-Persian War (570-591)
>>
>>1448530
Err, strike out the Anatasian War, I realized that was waaaay before his time and confused that with the Lazic War and forgot to edit that out.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.