[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the kind of humor that arises on 4chan and other places around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (84KB, 526x471px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 526x471px
Is the kind of humor that arises on 4chan and other places around the internet, in the context of human history, a "recent" thing?
>>
>>1440762
>over 100 billion humans have ever lived
Probably not.
>>
No
http://www.pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti%20from%20Pompeii.htm
>VII.9 (Eumachia Building, via della Abbondanza); 2048: Secundus likes to screw boys.
>>
irreverence and ironical?
>>
>>1440774
>VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1864: Samius to Cornelius: go hang yourself!

Nothing has changed.
>>
>>1440762
Notice how every time archaeologists dig up what's essentially a dildo, they always go with the angle of how it was a religious artifact used in ceremonies worshipping their god of fertility or whatever and never with a caveman thinking "LOL I made a dick!"

Yeah, I find it doubtful that prehistoric people were always super serious.
>>
>>1440774
>VI.14.36 (Bar of Salvius); 3494: In one bar, a picture depicts two men playing dice. One shouts, “Six!” while his opponent holds up two fingers and says, “No, that’s not a ‘three’; it’s a ‘two’”.
Ancient gets.
>>
R O M A
O
M
A
>>
>>1440774
>IX.8.3 (House of the Centenary; in the latrine near the front door); 5243: “Secundus defecated here” three time on one wall.
MADMAN
>>
File: 1468943912332.jpg (65KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1468943912332.jpg
65KB, 560x560px
>VI.14.43 (atrium of a House of the Large Brothel); 1520: Blondie has taught me to hate dark-haired girls. I shall hat them, if I can, but I wouldn’t mind loving them. Pompeian Venus Fisica wrote this.
/po/ always existed. checkmate fagtheists
>>
>>1440762
Depends on how you define it, really. The spirit is pretty much universal but because of the internet it tends to manifest in ways that have never been seen before.
>>
File: onfim9.jpg (57KB, 409x325px) Image search: [Google]
onfim9.jpg
57KB, 409x325px
>>1440762
Onfim is cute. CUTE!
>>
File: Bb199_right.gif (46KB, 1534x2196px) Image search: [Google]
Bb199_right.gif
46KB, 1534x2196px
>poklon ot Onfima ko Danile
Hello from Onfim to Daniel
>ia zver
I am a beast
>>
File: onfim.png (82KB, 317x301px) Image search: [Google]
onfim.png
82KB, 317x301px
>tfw you're a nine year old boy in 1300s Novgorod trying to etch fresh memes on the back of your homework but your dad keeps yelling at you to memorize more psalms
>>
It isn't new, there has always been oddballs throughout history and there has always been offshoot humor. The roman graffiti is a good example but there is also lots of examples of different kinds of graffiti, plays, popular movements etc that show how weird some people in the past were. It makes sense, these people literally had nothing to do all day in 99% of all places
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.