[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the Babylonian epic of gilgamesh it speaks of a Thunderbird

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20160720_225843.jpg (4MB, 2592x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160720_225843.jpg
4MB, 2592x4608px
In the Babylonian epic of gilgamesh it speaks of a Thunderbird perched in the branches of a tree and the-snake-who-knows-no-charm who nests at the roots. Is this comparable to the eagle which sits in the branches of yggdrasil and the serpent Níðhöggr who gnaws at the roots of the world tree?
>>
>>1438703
It's a prophecy that the best country in the earth The United States of America is coming.
>>
>>1438703
Could be. Could be that is just something that was common in ancient history
>>
>>1438707
Gods bless the USA
>>
>>1438721
How often is this excuse used when studying history? Oh yeah it's just a coincidence that a flood myth exists in tales from Africa to the Levant to mesopotamia to Asia to the Americas. It's just a coincidence that Asian myths claim there were 8 immortals who survived a flood when the exact same number existed (8 people) in the Hebrew myth of Noah and his sons and their wives. It's just a coincidence that giants (titans/nephilim) resulted from the copulation of heavenly beings and earthly beings.

Sorry but I do not buy it, no matter how many PHDs and certificates and experience historians and scientists have. They are sworn into upholding the status quo, no matter how untruthful it is.
>>
>>1438760

When you consider there are thousands of different mythologies, you're bound to find similarities between some. It's only spooky if you ignore all the ones that don't.
>>
>>1438760
>Asian myths
Isn't it a single Chinese one?
>>
>>1438703
Is this tree in Epic of Gilgamesh a world tree? Or any kind of special tree.
>>
>>1438760
Don't fucking all indo-european myths and mythologies have the literal same exact shit with different names

All it proves is that these legends are old as fuck and people have been going around spreading them for a long time
>>
>>1439617
Flood legends may also be perfectly explained by the Ice age so I don't see why it would nescessarially cause any problem for scientists.
>>
>>1438760
Floods happen all over the world and the world's flood myths aren't really similar, there's no reason to assume they have a common origin

>It's just a coincidence that giants (titans/nephilim) resulted from the copulation of heavenly beings and earthly beings
Titans didn't.
>>
>>1439644
Nordic giants didn't either.
The whole world was actually created from the body of a giant.
>>
>>1439617
Not really, aside from some memes or tropes they have surprisingly little in common.
>>
>>1438703

Also to the eagle that eats the snake over a catcti above a lake from the Aztecs.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.