[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Kemalism fail in Turkey? Why did the Turks fall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Ataturk.jpg (2MB, 8000x4757px) Image search: [Google]
Ataturk.jpg
2MB, 8000x4757px
Why did Kemalism fail in Turkey? Why did the Turks fall for the Gulenist meme?
>>
File: 2ee.gif (134KB, 287x344px) Image search: [Google]
2ee.gif
134KB, 287x344px
>religion has a negative affect on civilization
>religion encourages violence and ignorance
>as soon as any religious organization becomes powerful enough, they immediately begin suppressing religious and intellectual freedom in society
>>
>>1434581

All true desu.
>>
>>1434599

Not all religion, all Abrahamic religion
>>
>>1434581
It's true.

Look at recent happenings and tell me he wasn't right about Islam.
>>
>>1434614
Hinduism is pretty cancerous.

Now Buddhism, that's some pretty good shit.
>>
>>1434547
most turks, are conservative religious retards who were kept in check by kemalist secular elite. They were outbreed and outvoted out of power.

Gulen on the otherhand was supported heavily by usa due to islamist conservatives being against ussr and kemalist being more pro russian and left leaning. Later on due to their numbers conservatives pushed erdogan into power and erdogan-gulen cemented an alliance which basically purged most of the old guard. They only became enemies after there were no one left, they turned on each other for power.

Currently people speculate that erdogan "turned kemalist" and was forced to make an alliance with the kemalsit remnants in millitary in order to purge gulenists (the people whom he helped just 3 years ago), they also state that it was kemalist millitary who refused to partake in the coup that caused erdogan to stay in power. There might be a news tomorrow about the purged officers returning to military. It is very ironic, given the fact erdogan helped gulenists with the purge.

I don't know what is true.
>>
>>1434639
Aren't the Grey Wolves(a more extreme Kemalists) anti Communists
I thought the US supported Erdogan due to Kemalists getting angry about Iraqi Kurdistan
>>
>>1434654
Grey Wolves were also supported by usa, it was a part of the gladio meme. Gulen,Grey Wolves, Erdogan were all supported. Grey Wolves past their expiration date and were thrown out, as islamist like gulen-erdogan were far better servants (at least that seems like it) in the post cold war era. Erdogan was groomed for presidency, but as time progressed his expiration date also arrived, do compare pre-post 2012 foreign articles about him, in economist-foreignpolicy etc. Erdogan was a "moderate conservative with liberal economic policies" in 2008 and a brutal dictator who purges opposition in 2013, he is the same erdogan the only difference is west grow tired of him. (again my personal belief) I do believe usa still has no beef with erdogan and would be perfectly okay with a more loyal and predictable islamist to rule, be it gulenist or from akp. I'm not sure whether this coup was supported by usa or not, but I remember very well how foreign press was pushing alternatives to erdogan pre 2015 november election. Again just a hunch Now erdogan desperately tried to cling to power, he rekindled the conflict with kurds, tried to forge new alliances with kemalists etc, anything. I don't know what will be the outcome, maybe there will be a second coup, this time with kemalists and complete, maybe west will pull out isis oil-corruption/bribery schemes. It is game of thrones for him, he will win or he will die.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.