[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were Chinese weapons so insane? Were they truly the greatest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 450px-Meteor_hammer.jpg (28KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
450px-Meteor_hammer.jpg
28KB, 450x338px
Why were Chinese weapons so insane? Were they truly the greatest fighters of our planet?
>>
Lets just say alot of opium was involved in China
>>
>>1431816
I don't think they were insane. They were, generally, farming tools or quickly assembled junk.
>>
File: fuckin junk.jpg (44KB, 550x363px) Image search: [Google]
fuckin junk.jpg
44KB, 550x363px
>>1431836
even their ships
>>
>>1431816
Were they just autistic
>Hey man, your weapon's fucking retarded, bro
>NO UR RETARDED, I will train one million hours until I can kill proficiently with this piece of shit, you'll all be sorry then
>>
>>1431868
I get it. Junk.
>>
>>1431816
Different school of thought.
Wouldn't call them greatest fighters ever, but you can't fault them for their vast creativity.
>>
>>1431816
Most Chinese weapons where not actually designed to be weapons at all. They where mostly just farming equipment or anything they could get their hands on. This makes sense considering the massive armies typically fielded by the Chinese throughout history and the limited metal forging capabilities in most of the country.

The few weapons that have came out of China with the expressed purpose of being weapons generally became popular world wide. This along with the improvements made by forging powers made the Chinese unrefined prototypes seem odd. This can be seen most prevalently in the creation of the cannon and other firearms.

Chinese pole arms and swords that where seen in the hands of imperial guardsmen or soldiers of the emperor did not look that different from other Asian designs as they where designed for the expressed purpose of efficiently killing another armed person and there are only so many ways to design something.
>>
>>1431816
many of those were not war weapons but weapons for dueling or just impressing people. For war they used spears, bows, swords, the same things everyone else used
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.