[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Western civilization is like that one retarded kid that always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 11

Western civilization is like that one retarded kid that always did shit in school, but at the end of high school got perfect grades. Eastern civilization(s) are like the kid who always did well in school, but did pretty shitty at the end of high school and ended up in a shitty college.
>>
Brilliant simile
>>
>>1427020
Thank
>>
>>1427020
>like or as
Metaphor
>>
>>1427016
Or western civilization is like that one kid who copied that smart kid all throughout school life and ended up with the better deal
>>
Western civilisation has existed since the 10th century, and it's been wrecking everybody's shit since the 12th or so.
>>
>>1427057
I mean that's what happens when you're located so far away from civilizations that mattered, stole their technology for thousands of years, copying their culture and religions, build that shit up over time and yeah, you will eventually wreck everybody's shit, surprising them.
>>
>>1427066
Western civilisation didn't exist before the 10th century. You're referring to the various barbarians who lived in Western Europe before that I assume. And I fail to see how there is any "stealing" involved, what you seem to be talking about is cultural influence. Similarly the rest of the world has benefited from Western achievements for the past millennium.
>>
>>1427090
Literally all "western achievements" were mere improvements from other parts of the world. The west has created nothing outside of the modern world. Mere improvements, just that.
>>
>>1427030
Literally a simile
>>
>>1427030
A metaphor is when you say one thing IS another, a simile is when you say one thing is LIKE another
>>
>>1427016
Which is Iran?
>>
That is quite enough, Chan.
>>
>>1427097
The reason you can complain about "muh ebil whiteys" is because of their "improvements" you doss cunt
>>
>>1427097
That delusion is just sad.
>>
>>1427020
>mfw I read it as brilliant smile
>mfw I thought you were referring to OP's pic's cute smile
>>
>>1427131
Did I trigger you? I'm not complaining about "muh ebil whiteys", just stating the fact that the west wasn't even civilized till pretty recently in history. Asiatic civilizations have always been on top.

>>1427136
I'd say the same to you.

>>1427137
Same
>>
>>1427152
Pathetic. Get back to stoning homos or whatever instead of shitposting on the Western man's invention.
>>
>>1427170
An invention brought about due to the mathematical skills of the east.
>>
50 million dead, that's western civilization.
>>
>>1427195
Tis all they know too well.
>>
>>1427186
The computer (like almost everything else that constitutes our world) is entirely a Western invention.

It's also funny that you need to lump seven or eight civilisations together under the blanket term "the East", and even the sum of all that doesn't come close to comparing to the achievements of the West.
>>
>>1427209
See:>>1427097
>>
>>1427214
Nope, there were no computers in ancient Egypt or India or China or Arabia. This is really terrible bait.
>>
>>1427214
But if you go down that road you'll never reach the bottom of it.

Even your Asian inventions are based on older ones, until you get to a point where you don't know who invented it
>>
>>1427227
Based on other Asian inventions.

>>1427223
You're all triggered because you know it's true
>>
>>1427240
Wow, you're too dumb even to keep the bait going. What a shit thread, I'm out.
>>
>>1427240
WE WUZ INVENTORZ N SHIETTT
>>
>>1427112
Aren't Iranians in the West among the most affluent and well educated foreigners?
>>
>>1427275
If anything, westerners are the biggest WE WUZ in the entire world.
>>
>>1427209
You realize 'western civilization' is a bunch of civilizations lumped together too right?
>>
>>1427293
We don't need to wewuz becuz we iz
>>
>>1427324
No, it's an actual civilisation. The way Egyptian, Mesopotamian, Indus Valley, Indian, Chinese, Greco-Roman, and Near Eastern are each an individual civilisation.
>>
>>1427195
That's a pretty good kill count. That's something I'd be proud of and I want to see a country that's not China surpass it.
>>
>>1427097
lol what type of simplification is this god damn
>>
>>1427195
so all of history is people killing each other nothing unique there
>>
>>1427016
no, not really
>>
ITT: Butthurt Chang about the glorious Western civilization.
>>
>>1428254
Western civilisation is not worth the remnants of a kernel of shit stuck to my asshairs.

>>1427599
I bet you're one of those who bring up Arab enslavement of Europeans whenever someone talks about blacks being enslaved by America s.
>>
File: pepe smile.jpg (58KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
pepe smile.jpg
58KB, 396x385px
>tfw Westerner
>tfw will never have such an inferiority complex that I'm reduced to going full WEWUZ and claiming the achievements of a superior civilisation because I can't deal with living in this Western world

Feels good man.
>>
>>1427057
They certainly rekt the byzantines.
>>
>>1428566
Racist white people WEWUZ all the time, from claiming the Egyptians were Aryan to saying Indians were white when they had good civ
>>
>>1428577
No, nobody actually does that. Egyptians just weren't Negroes, that's not the same as claiming they were Aryan.

See Westerners don't actually need to WE WUZ because, as >>1427334 said, WE IZ.
>>
>>1428588
>No, nobody actually does that
Hang out on /pol/ for a while and you'll see it. They have a field day when someone mentions Ramases ginger hair.
>>
>>1428566
Whites Wewuz hard all the time m8.
>Wewuz Rome
>Wewuz Indo-Iranians
>Wewuz whiter than you other whites.
>>
>>1428588
Egyptian's weren't white either you fucking tool. Stop trying to claim every achievement ever. You give shit to blacks all the time but you guys just leech off of every civilisation to ever exist. Biggest WE Wuz in my book
>>
>>1428595
>Hang out on /pol/

kek there's your problem. You're looking at a meme board that regularly banters on actual controversy and think 'see! white people do it too'. They don't. But there are ACTUAL black people that take wewuzism seriously.

https://youtu.be/olqPODTcRHI?t=2m41s
>>
>>1428642
>"that's not the same as claiming they were Aryan"
>see you said they were white!

Autism
>>
>>1428730
He's too simple minded to comprehend a world that isn't black and white. Anyone who isn't pale is a 'brutha' in his view. What's funny is that actual brown people hate niggers more than we do. Egyptians themselves can't stand blacks, especially the wewuzites of america.
>>
>>1428642
>you guys

thanks for admitting you aren't white.

Nigger.
>>
File: 1463757253370.jpg (36KB, 391x300px) Image search: [Google]
1463757253370.jpg
36KB, 391x300px
>>1428635
>niggers
>not wewuzing romans

And we're not even started on Hannibal yet
>>
>>1427016
How did the kid get perfect grades at the end while being retarded? Why did the kid who did well throughout the year decide not to put in effort in the final exams?
>>
>>1427016
More like near eastern civilization was that kid who did very good in highschool but got bullied and had a mental breakdown and did shit at uni, while western civilization was shit in highschool but did great at uni and is succesful now
>>
>>1428642
He never said anything about Egyptians being white, faggot. Do the human race a favor and kill yourself, because you're stupidity doesn't need to be passed down to other generations.
>>
>>1427049
>Or western civilization is like that one kid who copied that smart kid all throughout school life and ended up with the better deal
Read an actual history book Muhammed.
>>
File: 1468718782630.png (803KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1468718782630.png
803KB, 600x600px
>>1427209
>The computer (like almost everything else that constitutes our world) is entirely a Western invention.
WE WUZ COMPUTER INVENTORS BECAUSE WE DID BASIC ARITHMETIC LIKE JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER CIVILIZATION WITH WRITING

lel, I have a math degree and the eastern contribution to mathematics is a fucking meme. All serious mathematics was invented by the west.
>>
>>1427016
More like

>Eastern civilization is like that one kid who's an overachiever during elementary but did poop in high school when it actually mattered because the going got tough and gets upset because he thought he was the shit but then blames it on the principle who thinks he's personally putting him down

>Western civilization is like that one kid who's a natural genius that did fun shit during elementary but didn't bother with grades until he felt like passing and actually took the opportunity to work on the finals because it suddenly hit him (enlightenment era) that this would get you entry to uni
>>
File: 1465284330475.jpg (58KB, 749x499px) Image search: [Google]
1465284330475.jpg
58KB, 749x499px
>>1428761
hol up nigga

u b sae'in dat muh home-boi lil' Hanibal ain't black?
>>
>>1428854
Correct but you should swap elementary school with highschool and highschool with university
>>
File: 4769134796134.jpg (212KB, 634x845px) Image search: [Google]
4769134796134.jpg
212KB, 634x845px
>>1427049
>Chinks don't copy

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
>>
>>1428859
Yes.
>>
>>1428863
Fucking Chicom man, how the fuck did they leak into this board?
>>
>>1428555
Aye, to say everyone's shit.

That's Western Rationalism. Always shooting a hole in your retarded Mickey Mouse cosmology
>>
>>1428555
>Western civilisation is not worth the remnants of a kernel of shit stuck to my asshairs.
Get out and go back then you fucking faggot
>>
File: case of a point.png (49KB, 837x632px) Image search: [Google]
case of a point.png
49KB, 837x632px
>>1428837
> eastern contribution to mathematics is a fucking meme
They done some share of contributions before renaissance. They literally invented numbers, that are non-shit like roman ones, for example. Without bias, it would be something like that, I believe.
>>
>>1428915
Source for that graph?
>>
>>1428254
I notice there was a Chink 50 cent guy who is spamming on this section with his china propaganda threads lately. Not sure if this thread was created by him too.
>>
>>1427016
>current time is the end of history
>>
>>1428915
>4000BC to 2010
>156 individuals
In all of human history 156 people have contributed to math?
>>
>>1429043
Yeah, its pretty fucking annoying.
>>
>>1429062
are you fucking stupid? it's charting well-known contributors to math, like leibniz
>>
>>1427097

This

White people are only good at one thing: copying other peoples shit and claiming that they invented it.
>>
>>1429266
Who invented fire?

Prometheus?
>>
>>1429267

aliens
>>
>>1429266
As he types on his western QWERTY keyboard, on a western designed computer, over a westernd designed network, using a western language.
>>
>>1429279

Which relies on Indian numerals, fiber wires designed by a Chinese engineer and is a copy of Japanese image board.
>>
File: Linkola_Pentti.jpg (60KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
Linkola_Pentti.jpg
60KB, 500x503px
>civilization
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>1429342
Who invented fiber cables?
>>
>>1429342
So I guess all this nationalist dickwaving is retarded because we all depend on a fusion of technologies developed globally.
>>
>le logarithmic perception of time
>le non understanding of the exponential function
>le ego exceptionalism
>le endtime perception

(|:^()
>>
Serious talk though, when will nipmoot ban all IP's from East Asia.
>>
>>1427282
Diaspora under freedom and without restriction. Things at home are very different
>>
>>1427282
Iran suffers from one of the worst brain drains of all the world.
>>
>>1431373
>>1431360
And yet still is producing a shit ton of scientific journals on par with some first world nations, its ridiculous.
>>
>>1427057
They were getting rekt by the Turks until the 17th century
>>
You only think stupid shit like this because you're living in this time. This time will end too, and someone else will be thinking stupid shit like this in 200 years.
>>
>>1432456
China produces tons of journals as well, but they're supposedly shit.

Isolated nations with no friends and need to appear impressive at home have no issue with inflating numbers in ANY field.
>>
>>1429266
t. KANG
>>
>western civilization is bad ;_; a bloo bloo

t. someone benefiting from it immensely
>>
>>1429266
Saying this is like saying the idea for the computer was stolen from the inventor of the abacus.
>>
>>1433784

The idea of the computer has been around forever so not only is that a shit comparison but also shows that you know fuck all about history.
>>
>>1433853
If you couldn't tell that I meant the modern electronic computer, then you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>1427016
>mfw OP doesn't know China is rising to fuck shit up
>>
>>1432786
But Iran is friends with Russia and China.
>>
>>1434053

You can push that goal post to save face but you and I know that you're a mouth-breathing moron who should have been aborted in the womb.
>>
>>1436885
Safe abortions, another western invention.
>>
>>1436894

Safe abortions have been around forever retard, the only difference between now and then is that modern medicine has allowed women to abort a fetus further into the pregnancy. But you wouldn't know that.
>>
>>1427016
Eastern civilizations are the nerdy kid that scores perfectly on every test and gets a shiny new trophy out of it,
Western civlizations are the bully that takes that trophy away from the nerd because shut up or we will nuke you out of existence.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>1427016
Define Western civilization

Define Eastern civilization
>>
>>1427016
Eastern civilizations lack rationalism. Rationalism is the backbone of Western civilization.

This is why Eastern civilizations never had anything similar to Greek philosophy, Plato or Aristotle. Eastern civilizations are built on irrationality and despotism.
>>
>>1436946
How did the bully get his hands on a nuke before the nerd?
>>
>>1436900
Um no, if you're talking about silphium and other such plants they were known to damage the woman as well, making them barren and in some cases poisoning them
>>
>>1437022
He got some other nerds who hated the rival nerd to make some for him.
>>
>>1437056
Or the rival nerd is actually a dumb cunt who thinks too highly of himself and then gets BTFO and whines about it for years
>>
>>1436946
If they're so good, why can't they hold onto their trophy?

Chads: 1 Robots: 0
>>
>>1436992

>mfw cucks actually believe this

There are literally thousands of different philosophies in Asia and the primitive Greeks stole most of their shit from the more advanced Egyptians.
>>
The interesting thing is that the distinction you mentioned is reflected in Western vs. Eastern ideals of intelligence. In the West, we think of the genius, inspired and naturally special; whereas in the East, it's considered as something developed through long effort, inseparable from acquired knowledge.
>>
>>1437106
Literally all of Eastern "philosophy" is based on spiritual matters/religion. Like i said, nothing similar to the Western method that puts the reason and scientific research above everything else.
>b-but you stole it!
Pathetic.
>>
>>1437154

>>Literally all of Eastern "philosophy" is based on spiritual matters/religion. Like i said, nothing similar to the Western method that puts the reason and scientific research above everything else.

You don't know shit about shit. By your logic everything one needs to know about Western philosophy is reading the Bible.

>Pathetic.

Try to come up with an actual retort, you haven't dismissed my point. The Greeks were tribal savages who were too busy chucking spears at each other to form thoughts independently.
>>
File: AlexanderTheGreat_Bust.jpg (128KB, 768x1062px) Image search: [Google]
AlexanderTheGreat_Bust.jpg
128KB, 768x1062px
>>1437202
>By your logic everything one needs to know about Western philosophy is reading the Bible.
Bible is not a part of Western philosophy.
>The Greeks were tribal savages who were too busy chucking spears at each other to form thoughts independently

And even so these savages built an entire civilization by themselves all while BTFOing eastern barbarians several times until they finally conquered them and established their own ruling system all across Asia and Egypt (which, by the way, flourished under the superior Greek thought and intellect).

Stay mad.
>>
>>1437125

The concept of genius in the West in modern-times is nothing more than a corruption of the Greek concept by humanism. The Greek idea was much closer to the East concept in that both regarded knowledge as divine, and one does not create knowledge but merely transmits it, the genius is not a person but a spirit that inspires and imparts knowledge upon the thinker.
>>
File: 130842303938.jpg (23KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
130842303938.jpg
23KB, 250x250px
>>1437220

>Bible is not a part of Western philosophy.

Stopped reading right there.

This website is for 18+ above not underage summer fags
>>
>>1437243
>he can't distinguish philosophy from religion
I think you should leave.
>>
>>1437260

>Implying religion doesn't influence philosophy and vice versa

GTFO underage fag
>>
>>1437260
The divide between the two is largely one of convenience (personally, I contend it's fictional), and absent in eastern philosophical traditions.

The Bible is absolutely a huge component of western philosophy; it used to be something one either had to grapple with or embrace to even get into philosophy.
>>
>>1427030
retard.
>>
>>1427090
>various barbarians who lived in Western Europe before that.
>There was no Roman Empire
>>
>>1438914
>hide all barbarian threads
>call all barbarians savages
>deus vult etc
>>
>>1437276
Not vice versa. Bible is not from the west.
>>
>>1437202
>The Greeks were tribal savages who were too busy chucking spears at each other to form thoughts independently.
This is a history and humanities board. Did you really think you weren't going to get called out on this?

>>1437106
Also Egypt isn't in Asia
>>
>>1438935

>Bible is not from the west.

Stop while you're at it because you're clearly fucking retarded.

>>1438941

>This is a history and humanities board. Did you really think you weren't going to get called out on this?
>muh Greeks

The Greeks were backward as fuck compared to their contemporaries but you wouldn't know that considering that you only know meme and pop history.

>Also Egypt isn't in Asia

And? You haven't made a point.
>>
>>1439014
Since when is Palestine the West
>>
>>1428863
The thing with technological plagiarism is that its' purely socioeconomic. Except China's been doing it for the past 10 years to the West while the West did it for a century to China. Also kys

Nah they're still in high school and right now East and West are disintegrating into their organs

This entire thread is cancer, oversimplifying history to scenarios like this are bound to throw out extremely important factors and always act as though one side or the other is inherently superior and that the state of things have concluded when they are at the very moment and will continue going and will drastically change several times in the upcoming centuries
>>
>>1432592
>Eastern Europe
>western
>>
>>1439328
>china's been copying the west since 2006
wew lad, china's reputation as knockoff central has been around way longer than that
>>
>>1439942
I don't understand the West's obsession with originality when human progression is shit building on top of other shit.

You blasted Japan for being uncreative, then you blasted Korea/Taiwan for being uncreative, and you're doing the same to China when they're still developing. Cut them some slack or realize that history is far longer than 100 years.
>>
>>1429362
yes. exactly.
>>
>>1439963
because japan actually made some original shit after their period of knocking off western products, same with korea.
china has been around just as long as them and they'r still known for being plagiarists of the first degree.
>>
>>1439309
The bible was the result of the fusion of eastern Judaism (and even further back, Zoroastrianism) with """western""" philosophy.
>>
>>1439978
And he calls us pop historians.
>>
So is the OP a nigger, chinese, or a white teenager who HATES his parents because they limit his video game playtime?
>>
>>1428854
>>1427016
so basically i fucked myself by trying too hard to be a smart kid when i should have been doing whatever the fuck i wanted, insead i realized too late that life at that age should have been about having fun and now my repressed childhood is manifesting in psychologically and developmentally oppressive ways?

well what the fuck am i supposed to do now?
>>
>>1439976
holy shit senpai

you're awfully arrogant for being so ignorant
>>
>>1428767
Because the only grades that somewhat matter in the U.S. are your last two years in high school.
>>
>>1440302
>well what the fuck am i supposed to do now?

Pick up the pieces and carry on as best you can, like the rest of us broken adults.
>>
File: 1466331363740.png (459KB, 600x885px) Image search: [Google]
1466331363740.png
459KB, 600x885px
>>1427111
>>
>>1442026
So then why didn't the """"""""""smart kid """"""""" play it smart and invest his effort into those last two years?
>>
>>1442031
does anyone make it out of childhood unscathed?
>>
>>1440302
That's a complicated way to say you're a neet.
>>
>>1439976

Cuck please the West literally invented plagiarism. This is what happens when an entire civilization is built on stealing shit from other people and claiming it as their own.
>>
>>1440490
>>1443191
struck a nerve there wang?
>>
>>1439328
>>1427049

You don't seem to know what copying means. Using technology from others that you've acquired via trade isn't "copying" it's called human interaction.
>>
>>1443191
>and claiming it as their own.
Source? Name one non-western invention that Westerners publicly and popularly claim as their own?

>inb4 THIS ONE GUY ON 4CHAN SAID THAT WESTERNERS INVENTED GUNPOWDER!11
>>
>>1442056
Burnt out from having to keep the same effort going all throughout school (while also possibly forced to do some kind of extracurricular activity by a helicopter parent) and realizing they made a mistake when they couldn't handle or get the grades they want in the "tougher" classes the same way they used to due to an impacted schedule.

Those are just my two cents.
>>
>>1443835
But the "smart kid" in question was a hikki for a couple years during school.
At least until the jock made him go outside and socialize.
>>
>>1443859
>hikki
Literally who?
>>
>>1443862
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hikikomori
>>
>>1443866
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hikikomori
Yeah I wouldn't know. I'm not a weeb.
>>
>>1443872
The meaning should have been clear.
>>
>>1442932
it's true, i'm a neet. i had 3 jobs in the past four years because i hate working for people and dropped out of college because pretty much the only valuable degrees are stem degrees, but i don't want a stem career.
>>
>>1438941
>Egypt isn't in Asia.
Northern Africa is grouped with the Near East due to cultural, religious, and political ties dating back thousands of years. Splitting hairs over this, mate.
>>
>>1444389
It's had to Europe also.
>>
>>1443897
Pretty much same here senpai.
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.