[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How was Qin Shi Huang viewed throughout Chinese history up until

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Qinshihuang.jpg (96KB, 800x1110px) Image search: [Google]
Qinshihuang.jpg
96KB, 800x1110px
How was Qin Shi Huang viewed throughout Chinese history up until modern times?

I know that he was ruthless, and I also understand that the Han tried to vilify him as much as they could, and it was during their reign that the highly acclaimed "Ten Crimes of Qin" was published. But was there a time when people viewed him a national hero? Or was he detested all the way through?
>>
during the han dynasty he was vilified, because of his repression of confucianism and disregard of traditions (he wasnt Xia, filith steppenigger). They also ended up enemies of Legalism, the ideology they overthrew. He want to make it into the pantheon of the 5 emperors but failed.
>>
>>1386194
I have a feeling that much of the hate on the Qin was down on one thing: his serious curtailment of the feudal nobility that led to their eventual demise in Imperial China.

We have no idea what the plebs thought of him, but keep in mind this cunt opened government offices to them via meritocracy and fucking abolished slavery.

I bet the Communists shitsmeared his memory too in modern china, hence allowing the meme EVIL KING memes to continue.
>>
>>1386271
>I bet the Communists shitsmeared his memory too in modern china, hence allowing the meme EVIL KING memes to continue.
Why would they care. They even rehabilitated Cao Cao (tho mostly because people kept comparing Mao to him), why would they continue with the dynastic shitflinging that plagued the last 3000 years of chinese historical studies?
>>
>>1386271
As a vehement non-Communist Chinese, this motherfucking killed the "Hundred Schools", paralyzing Eastern philosophy. He is like some evil Alexander
>>
>>1386258
>>1386271

How good was he as a ruler? Did he do anything to improve the empire in any way? Or was he too focused on his own glory and did more damage by vanquishing the other six states and oppressing the various philosophical schools at the time?
>>
>>1386258
He was Xia, but his ancestor was a rural bumhick who was good at herding horses.

So the eastern states jokingly mocked the Qin imperial family as being Xirong.

>>1386194
Pre-1949

WOW FUCKING TYRANT EVUL DICTATOR WHY WOULD ANY EMPEROR WANT TO FOLLOW IN HIS FOOTSTEPS
Post-1949

Chinese nationalists/patriots: Wow he's the greatest wisest ruler we've had, China wouldn't exist without him

Liberal cucks: MAO WAS IMITATING QIN SHIHUANG TRULY A DICTATOR BIGOT SCUM
>>
>>1386341
Pro-tip: Archaeological evidence and historical record from the Qin era show that he didn't actually destroyed the Hundred Schools. That was Han dynasty Confucian propaganda.

He only killed Fangshi and Shushi which were basically ancient Chinese witch doctors.
>>
>>1386333
I am not referring to recent Modern China but the glory days of "fuck all traditional things" Communist China.

The faults of every imperial dynasty were magnified so that the Communist era shines better than those ever did
>It didn't
>So they're now back to Muh Heritaging like their Imperial Period Ancestors
>>
>>1386271
>I bet the Communists shitsmeared his memory too in modern china, hence allowing the meme EVIL KING memes to continue.
They didn't. Similar to what >>1386333 said, people kept comparing Mao to Qin Shihuang so scholars started pushing for rehabilitating Qin Shihuang in popular view. It didn't work, because you don't just "undo" 2000 years of vilification overnight, but the effort should be appreciated, because he should not be cast as a villain. He was the true father of the country and a greater ruler than any before him.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.