[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Japan take over Australia in 1941? That would've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

Why didn't Japan take over Australia in 1941? That would've probably caused the Brits to sue for peace.
>>
>>1376813
They did and they failed
>>
>>1376813
Australia is pretty useless, south east asia had all that sweet oil and resources. Taking Singapore was also very strategically significant.
>>
>>1376813
they couldn't handle the banter
t.big strong australian
>>
>>1376813
>Why didn't Japan take over Australia in 1941?
They did. But first they had to take over New Guinea, and we stopped them at Coral Sea.
>>
>>1376813

Yeah, they'd just get that extra half million men they totally had lying around and keep their lines of communications open all the way down to Southeast Australia where all the population is through American and British raids.

You may as well ask why Germany didn't take over New York when they declared war.
>>
>>1376836
I actually think taking Singapore dealt a bigger blow to the British than attacking Australia would have. I heard there were more troops defending Singapore than the UK itself.
>>
File: Coming_South_(AWM_ARTV09225).jpg (69KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Coming_South_(AWM_ARTV09225).jpg
69KB, 300x450px
>>1376813
>Why didn't Japan take over Australia in 1941?
Consider the quantity of troops that would be required to conquer and then administer a land mass the size of Australia. It wouldn't be practical until other territorial gains had been secured. Japanese attacks on Australian interests were to disrupt shipping and other Australian support of the allies.
>>
>>1377726
Australia is sparsely populated for its size, wouldn't have been that hard
>>
>>1377564
>I heard there were more troops defending Singapore than the UK itself.
That's the dumbest thing I heard all week.
>>
File: f484c23c7a02785e2cd44aa15ac94930.jpg (158KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
f484c23c7a02785e2cd44aa15ac94930.jpg
158KB, 750x1000px
>>1376813
Damnit Hoppo.

Your sister gonna be sad hearing you swaer like that. (Nevermind that fact that you were the Aleutians and your sister is Port Darwin)

Also, Port Moresby happened. And The IJA got BTFO'd. Also there was a raid on Port Darwin that failed.

>>1377564
Outside of India? Yeah, I'd give you that.

And since we're posting KanColle...
>>
>>1376813
because a colony of shitposter is stronger then two atomic bombs
>>
File: 03e[1].png (177KB, 636x439px) Image search: [Google]
03e[1].png
177KB, 636x439px
You cannot invade Australia. There would be a sick cunt behind every blade of grass.
>>
>>1376813
Battle of the Coral Sea senpai.
>>
File: Untitledd2d.png (232KB, 545x452px) Image search: [Google]
Untitledd2d.png
232KB, 545x452px
>>1377749
>Australia is sparsely populated for its size, wouldn't have been that hard
Are you an idiot? That makes it even harder.

Your supply lines are thousands of kilometers long. Your major defensive zones need to cover HUGE amounts of land. I mean WWII was essentially fought inside of Australia.

Just because it was one nation doesn't mean it's easy to conquer and control massive, massive amounts of land. Which are as you said, essentially unpopulated and useless.
>>
File: 1466774522004.jpg (100KB, 923x922px) Image search: [Google]
1466774522004.jpg
100KB, 923x922px
>>1377749
6 million in 45

We just keep getting fuller
>>
>>1380641
What the hell are you even talking about? Why would Japan land on the extreme end and try to reach the Southeast over land? What defensive zones are you talking about? What the fuck even is defensive zone, that is absolute gibberish.

>Just because it was one nation doesn't mean it's easy to conquer and control massive, massive amounts of land.
Japan would just land a couple of divisions in Sydney and Melbourne. It's that easy.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.