[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How accurate the speech from the movie is compare to the real

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: test-blu-ray-patton-12.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
test-blu-ray-patton-12.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
How accurate the speech from the movie is compare to the real Patton ?

Also, was he an extremist or his views was shared by everyone, just not voiced that way ?
>>
File: image.png (186KB, 463x515px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
186KB, 463x515px
>>1368623
It is approximate. It is based on notes of other people and not a verbatim transcript.
>extremist
He believed in reincarnation.
>>
>>1368623
Patton was an extremist for the most part. His idea to invade the USSR was (thankfully) dismissed by most Allied commanders, but some agreed. Churchill was one such example, though he wasn't anywhere near as eager as Patton.
>>
>>1368623
Pretty accurate. Pattons IRL voice was higher in pitch.
>>
LOL he had a degree in war history. What do you expect? The guy literally didn't know how to do anything else. Like all academics.
>>
>>1368876
>guy literally didn't know how to do anything else
Except for being one of the Allies' most effective generals.
>>
>>1368623
The movie version is sanitized for an American audience.

Here's an excerpt from the actual speech:
>"Don't forget, you men don't know that I'm here. No mention of that fact is to be made in any letters. The world is not supposed to know what the hell happened to me. I'm not supposed to be commanding this Army. I'm not even supposed to be here in England. Let the first bastards to find out be the Goddamned Germans. Some day I want to see them raise up on their piss-soaked hind legs and howl, 'Jesus Christ, it's the Goddamned Third Army again and that son-of-a-fucking-bitch Patton'. We want to get the hell over there. The quicker we clean up this Goddamned mess, the quicker we can take a little jaunt against the purple pissing Japs and clean out their nest, too. Before the Goddamned Marines get all of the credit."

Source: http://www.pattonhq.com/speech.html
>>
>>1368623
That guy was cringely insane
>>
>>1368881
He wasn't even one of America's most effective generals. He's almost as meme-tier as Rommel.
>>
File: patton irl.jpg (265KB, 850x1236px) Image search: [Google]
patton irl.jpg
265KB, 850x1236px
>Patton
>old man
That's what the patriarchy wants you to think.
>>
File: image.jpg (135KB, 490x598px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 490x598px
>>
>>1369231
>"aderp derp derp fortifications are for idiots!"
>*spends 3 months stuck in front of German defenses at Metz*
>>
File: 1451276109259.jpg (29KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
1451276109259.jpg
29KB, 400x350px
>>1369222
>cringely
>>
>>1371890
Did you have a point in that post somewhere?
>>
>>1372097
He didnt take a note out of German Military doctrine and go around lel
>>
>>1372593

Yes, hence the statement that as opposed to being one of the best Allied generals, he was a mediocre general even when compared to other Americans, and his status is a meme.
>>
>>1368623
He had minority opinions but not really looney toon crazy.
>>
File: helmetboobs.jpg (393KB, 991x666px) Image search: [Google]
helmetboobs.jpg
393KB, 991x666px
>>1368623

On a semi-related note, I want to see an ERB between Rommel, Montgomery and Patton. In that order.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.