[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A long time ago England was ruled by indigenous Anglo-Saxon kings.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: God's Country.jpg (1MB, 2048x1005px) Image search: [Google]
God's Country.jpg
1MB, 2048x1005px
A long time ago England was ruled by indigenous Anglo-Saxon kings.

In 1066 vikings living in northern france invaded and took over. Gradually over time they culturally became English, but they remained part of Royal houses based in Northern France/Western Europe. In the 13th century they conquered Wales, then after they conquered Ireland.

Then one king decided to split from the Catholic church, establishing the Church of England.

Then a queen left no heirs and a Scottish King took the English throne. The aristocrats didn't like the absolutist tendencies of him and his heirs and there was a civil war where England became a republic and decapitated the King. Also during this time the Scottish religious establishment adopted some calivinism and broke away from the catholic church.

Because the republic was a failure the aristocrats asked the son of the king they killed to come back and rule them. He was alright but HIS son was a catholic dickhead who the aristocrats hated. So they asked a dutch guy to come and rule them on the agreement that he can't be an absolutist king and has to accept the authority of the aristocratic class in Parliament (Glorious Revolution of 1688). Since that restriction on Royal power by parliament the power of the monarch has decreased steadily to the point where today they are merely a symbolic figurehead.

Then the dutch guy's line failed to produce heirs so they asked a german cousin to come and take the throne (Hanoverian Succession).

This German/Hanoverian line of British Monarchs has ruled uniterrupted for the past 200+ years. They changed their name to Windsor in the early 20th century due to anti-German sentiment.

I wrote this off the top of my head. Any inaccuracies?
>>
>indigenous Anglo Saxons
>>
>>1359953

ok I guess that should be part-indigenous instead of pure indigenous.
>>
>>1359949
>vikings living in northern france
Stopped reading right there. Please read sources outside the isles
>>
>>1359949
You forgot the whole Magna Carta thing
>>
File: 1398559369058.jpg (139KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
1398559369058.jpg
139KB, 600x404px
>>1360107

Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.