[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How were minorities other than black people(latinos,chinese hawaiians,etc)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 325px-1963_march_on_washington.jpg (26KB, 325x219px) Image search: [Google]
325px-1963_march_on_washington.jpg
26KB, 325x219px
How were minorities other than black people(latinos,chinese hawaiians,etc) treated during the civil rights era? Did they have better treatment/rights than blacks?
>>
>>1324591
I once read this book on Mississipi Chinese immigrants. It shines an interesting take on the AmericChinks as they saw the discrimination on their asses as similar to what they had in China: class discrimination. Most Chinks who emigrated out of the dying Empire/shaky Republic were peasants and faced the same difficulties and discrimination back home.

So their solution for most problems was basically "upward mobility: keep working, they'll soon forget that we're shitty peasants."
>>
There was that Japanese chick who promoted Marxism and Black Nationalism so as to weaken the US so Japan could break free, remilitarize, and reestablish the East Asian Coprosperity Sphere under the Emperor (and fuck up China). I can't remember her name. She was on the Google page a few weeks or so ago.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 191x264px
>>1324591
What an incredibly intelligent question. Such a rare occurrence on /his/. I don't know, but I look forward to the discussion.
>>
>>1324591
Bump
>>
>>1324632
Bullshit, Kochiyama promoted those things because she was so anti-racist she ended up supporting extremist movements like a fool. Why would she want to destroy the PRC when she was a Maoist?
>>
>>1324611
and they didn't fit neatly into white/black so they were still up in the air compared to latinos where you predominant ancestry determined which group you were put in.
>>
>>1324611
>So their solution for most problems was basically "upward mobility: keep working, they'll soon forget that we're shitty peasants."
This is why Orientals are pathetic. They didn't go and fight for their civil liberties; they just allowed themselves to get beat down by whitey.
>>
>>1326627
It's amazing how there were Nips involved with black civil rights. I never even heard of Richard Aoki until recently.

>>1326688
It's funny how neither white liberals nor white conservatives have a place for Asians.
>>
>>1326784
Now they're richer and gaining worldwide influence compared to whitey, while the rest are languishing in garbage conditions, so I think they did something right.
>>
>>1326794
sorta depends on what flavor asian you are
a lot of chinese and japanese americans are more liberal, but koreans are hella conservative
>>
>>1324664
worthless post desu
>>
>>1327888
Koreans are a cuck nation and will follow whatever country has currently made them their bitch. The red scare kept them right leaning, they don't want massa to get mad.
>>
>>1327907
yes, I guess almost being overrun by communists would do that
>>
>>1324591
Filipinos were too small (kek) in the 60's for any civil rights group to be paid attention to or discriminated against even.

Mostly they just worked small jobs until they made it. I think the fact that the Philippines used to be an unincorporated US territory helped Flip status in the US.

A fun bit is how Filipino extras hanging around in Hollywood/LA always found jobs in early cinema.
>Hey we need Native Islanders
Filipinos, hundreds of 'em
>Hey we need Native American Indians and the real ones said it is beneath their dignity to act in hollywood.
Filipinos again.
>We need Chinese soldiers in a Boxer Rebellion period piece.
We're Flips but some of us pass for Chinese, hire us.
>>
>>1327982
truly the mexicans of asia
>>
Like princes
>>
>>1327983
Literally. Most of the Christians adopted Spanish names.
>>
>>1326784
>they just allowed themselves to get beat down by whitey.
Dude, Asian Americans are outperforming Whites in Academics, Income, standard of living and health

That's not getting beat down, that's getting the last laugh
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.