[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It's safe to say that axes were the biggest pile of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: skallagrim.jpg (450KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
skallagrim.jpg
450KB, 1920x1080px
>It's safe to say that axes were the biggest pile of shit ever invented and you should get a mace instead.

What did he mean by this?
>>
He's saying axes are tools designed for chopping wood, and used as weapons out of necessity. Swords and spears are tools designed specifically for war, and function thereafter.
>>
>>1264724
>implying spears weren't invented for hunting and fishing
>>
>>1264724
Spears were for hunting.
>>
>>1264735

Which are themselves acts of violence and murder.
>>
>>1264724
Except battle axes had thinner blades and different design than woodchoping axes you fucking retard.
>>
>>1264735
The difference between hunting a beast with a spear and hunting a human with a spear is negligible from the viewpoint of the functionality of the spear. A spear for fishing is called a harpoon though, it usually has multiple points.
>>
>>1264740
Chopping wood is violence against trees.
>>
File: df man.png (5KB, 387x276px) Image search: [Google]
df man.png
5KB, 387x276px
>>1264739
>Spears weren't for war!
>t. Anon.
>>
>>1264745
>Except battle axes had thinner blades and different design than woodchoping axes
Not necessarily. And not in all cultures.
>>
>>1264740
So are fishing poles weapons then?
>>
File: persian warrior.jpg (10KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
persian warrior.jpg
10KB, 224x225px
>>1264771
>riding to chop some wood
>>
>>1264695
Axes were shit compared to swords when fighting against unarmored opponents due to smaller cutting edge and unbalanced nature of the weapon. When fighting against armored opponents, axes were inefficient against armor due to their design yet still keep the disadvantage of being unbalanced like the mace.
>>
File: poleaxe.jpg (31KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
poleaxe.jpg
31KB, 600x300px
>>1264771
This one seems like a good woodchopping tool as well I bet the knights who used it were very poor and desperate.
>>
>>1264740
no they aren't. one of the defining features of word "violence" is that it's use of physical force committed against another human being as a tool of power.
>>
File: MattEaston.jpg (13KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
MattEaston.jpg
13KB, 175x175px
>>1264695
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LM-kBOw920
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc0opvjaiJw
>>
>>1264772
>tricking a fish with b8
an act of subterfuge, like this thread
>>
>>1267479
Matt is a noob I bet none of his swords are even enchanted.
>>
>>1266824
...no?
>>
>>1267669
yes.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.