[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the prevailing legacy of Franco in Spain? Was he a net

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 83a556aa-e501-11e3-_705926c.jpg (31KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
83a556aa-e501-11e3-_705926c.jpg
31KB, 620x413px
What is the prevailing legacy of Franco in Spain? Was he a net good for the country, or would the country have been better off with the Republicans controlling it?
>>
>>1264263
Every Spaniard I've ever met hates Franco.

However I also heard that the Civil War is something you should never talk about in Spain, so I imagine he must have some support.
>>
>>1264263
My high school Spanish teacher grew up under Franco and had nothing but good things to say about him. If you can say one good thing about him, he kept Spain out of WWII and mostly uninvolved in the Cold War.
>>
As far as I understand, the leftwing in Spain hates him and the rightwing loves him.
>>
>>1264263
Kinda related. Friend of mine's mom spent a few years there as a kid (I think her dad was a diplomat or worked for some american corporation in spain) she had nothing but good things to say about him as well, said it was very safe
>>
It was better than if the crypto stalinists of the CNT and other communists had won.
>>
>>1264360
The elderly are more traditional and have lots of fond nostalgia for Franco, while the progressive youth despise him despite not living under his rule.
>>
File: Franco's shame.jpg (221KB, 588x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Franco's shame.jpg
221KB, 588x1066px
>>1264263
The legacy the most people can agree on is that he's a nationalist icon but sadly that isn't even true.

Rivera was the true champion of the Spanish.
>>
>>1264263
The Spanish Monarchy.
>>
>>1264422
Franco was another pretender, just another consersative establishment figure, unlike Rivera who wanted the rebrith of the nation. He didn't even have respect among his officers who called him Franquito in the academy
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.