[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be Protestant >Tell non-Christian that I'm Christian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 39

File: 1464331054769.jpg (22KB, 338x338px) Image search: [Google]
1464331054769.jpg
22KB, 338x338px
>Be Protestant
>Tell non-Christian that I'm Christian
>They try to use Catholic/Pope sins against me
>Le crusades
>Le gay popes
>>
>>1244175
Nice blog. Now suck a sharp, metallic cock until it pierces the back of your head.
>>
>>1244175
protestants have the advantage of not being one unified church, so the whole movement doesn't get blamed when some local protestant group does something stupid. no wonder that nowdays, all the craziness in christianity (Westboro, young-age creationists, Jack Chick etc.) comes from protestantism. at least the Catholic Church has to keep the craziness in check.
>>
>>1244222
>There's no craziness in the Roman Catholic church
>"The whole movement doesn't get blamed" but then proceeds to blame the whole movement
>>
>>1244222
Meh you don't often hear from the european protestants.

Most stuff about i see about them seem to be exclusively about american proddies, but i guess thats confirmation bias at work too.
>>
>>1244222
Too bad they can't keep their dicks out of these juicy children, so much for that.
>>
>be catholic
>tell non Christians that I'm Christian
>they try to use protestant/evangelical sins against me
>le creationism, le McChurches, le biblical literalism, le tithe...
>>
>>1244290
Catholics don't believe God created the universe?
Also, which of those exactly is even a sin? Poor teaching sure, but not exactly sins.
>>
>>1244297
You know what is meant by "creationism" when talking about evangelicals. Don't play the naive.
>>
>>1244312
Creationism only means creation from a divine being

What you're referring to is specifically called "young earth creationism" and whether you're young or old earth, neither are essential doctrines of Christianity. You know, like blessing your enemies and seeing Christ as our one mediator.
>>
nobody cares about your butthurt proddy problems, shut up and work on ridding this place of its fedora infestation.
>>
Vote
http://www.strawpoll.me/10407759/

>>1244323
this
>>
There was literally nothing wrong with the crusades.

The Arabs were butchering eastern roman empire cities, and the pope put a stop to that.
>>
>>1244175
The Crusades were perfectly justified
>>
>>1244705
>>1244750
Maybe from a political perspective but not from a biblical one
>Love your enemies and do good for them - Jesus
>When your enemy slaps you, turn to them the other cheek- Jesus
>Overwhelm hate with love

Please don't respond with your emotional 'oh so you're okay with Muslims raping your family then?". We're discussing whether it was a truly a Christian thing to do, thats all
>>
>>1244794
meant to say a *secular* perspective
>>
>>1244705
Why did the Byzantines eventually started siding with the arab then?
>>
>>1244247
Did you hear about the female Swedish bishop proposing to convert churches to inter-faith prayer rooms, mostly for Muslims?
Not even /pol/, but damn
>>
File: deal with it.gif (2MB, 334x357px) Image search: [Google]
deal with it.gif
2MB, 334x357px
>be Christian mystic
>the world attempts to put me in a sheep pin but a lion lives within me
>>
>>1244297
The big bang theory was thought of by a Catholic priest
>>
>be Protestant
>Have an entire system contradicting centuries of Christian theology
>Can't even agree on core doctrines of faith
>Still dare to claim to be Christian despite historical evidence showing illegitimacy
>>
File: Latins pillage Constantinople.jpg (164KB, 800x655px) Image search: [Google]
Latins pillage Constantinople.jpg
164KB, 800x655px
>>1244705
>The Arabs were butchering eastern roman empire cities, and the pope put a stop to that.
He also put a stop to the ERE lol
>>
>>1244794
refers to personal matters, when you see injustices committed upon your brothers you shouldn't stand idly by
if the injustices are done upon yourself you could choose to forgive
>>
>>1244965
They had it coming
t. Enrico
>>
Stop making these threads. You're being uncharitable.
>>
File: 1459842743304.jpg (152KB, 649x730px) Image search: [Google]
1459842743304.jpg
152KB, 649x730px
>>1244705
>>1244750

Nah, the Arabs had politically and administratively held those lands for several centuries. The Crusades would be like the Aztlan and La Raza scum in the US starting a violent insurrection in Nevada and Arizona today to "drive whitey back to Europe", even though we've been here for two centuries.

Also, you're forgetting the Crusades against the Cathars in Europe, the Northern Crusades against indigenous European populations and pagans, and the massacre of the Anglo-Saxons, and their forced conversion to Catholicism.
>>
>be orthodox
>have no problems
>>
>>1246040

>be orthodox
>get your entire leadership genocided or cucked by the Communists

kek
>>
>>1244925
Swedes invented Universalism. It's still more Christian than shitposting about muh Crusades.
>>
>>1246046
Get asked for money on every occasion while your leaderships buys more and more political power for personal wealth.
>>
>>1246024
It's ot like the levant were full of christians or the turks were banging on the gates of constantinople or nothing!
>>
>>1244175
Who the fuck cares man?

>le evil atheists bullied me on the internet waaaa

Man the fuck up.
>>
>Be atheist
>tell Christians that their continuous moving of goalposts isn't impressive
>Try to tell me I'm going to burn in hell
>Tell them they will probably burn in hell too because they disbelieve in Allah and the Prophet(pbuh)

:3
>>
>>1248200
The Koran's "Allah" isn't Allah.
>>
>>1246048
No it isn't
>>
>>1244819
Because Greeks are subhuman perfidious cunts
Why'd they start siding with Russia against the EU?
>>
>>1244222
>all the craziness in christianity (Westboro, young-age creationists, Jack Chick etc.) comes from America

Fixed.
>>
>>1244175
Hence the ongoing effort by at least me to distinguish the Catholics from the Christians.

I too got tired of trying to explain the atrocities of the Catholic church when I noticed that to them, as a Christian, I AM A HERETIC.

So when they say they killed millions of heretics, they are confessing to killing millions of CHRISTIANS.
>>
>>1248200
even believing such nonsense does not guarantee a place in paradise
>>
>>1248600
Reminder that you believe in myths with absolutely no evidence, and no academic support for it, because some meme tier pastor said it a century ago and it fits in with your pre-conceived notions of Catholicism
>>
>>1244663
>no agnosticism
shit poll
>>
>>1248654
Keep waiting for your Jesuit teachers to tell you the truth about the abomination they serve.
>>
>>1244222
>Catholic Church
>Containing crazies
Bruh
>>
File: 1460058468360.jpg (36KB, 405x431px) Image search: [Google]
1460058468360.jpg
36KB, 405x431px
>>1244175
But I can blame you protestants for your uncultured and uneducated audience and your cringeworthy pop songs that you disguise as "praise".
>>
>>1248802
At least they're saved.
>>
>>1248726
You're an atheist bro.
>>
File: 1447792365340.jpg (59KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1447792365340.jpg
59KB, 499x499px
>>1248600
>But, even the Church itself by itself, because of its marvelous propagation, its exceptional holiness, and inexhaustible fruitfulness in all good works; because of its catholic unity and invincible stability, is a very great and perpetual motive of credibility, and an incontestable witness of its own divine mission.
Vatican I, Session 3, Chapter 3
>>
>>1248200
>they will probably burn in hell too because they disbelieve in Allah
I'm pretty sure Christians believe in God. Unless they're Arab Christians they don't call him "Allah", but they still believe in him. That's like one of the main beliefs of Christianity.
inb4 moon cult meme
>>
>>1248847
>meme
>>
>>1248840
>Catholic Church is Holy
>t. Catholic Church
>>
>>1248860
>“[T]here are many other things which most properly can keep me in [the Catholic Church’s] bosom. The unanimity of peoples and nations keeps me here. Her authority, inaugurated in miracles, nourished by hope, augmented by love, and confirmed by her age, keeps me here. The succession of priests, from the very see of the apostle Peter, to whom the Lord, after his resurrection, gave the charge of feeding his sheep [John 21:15–17], up to the present episcopate, keeps me here. And last, the very name Catholic, which, not without reason, belongs to this Church alone, in the face of so many heretics, so much so that, although all heretics want to be called ‘Catholic,’ when a stranger inquires where the Catholic Church meets, none of the heretics would dare to point out his own basilica or house”
Against the Letter of Mani Called “The Foundation” 4:5 (A.D. 397)
>>
>>1248875
heretics btfo
>>
File: image.jpg (205KB, 600x793px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205KB, 600x793px
>tfw there was a pope who all he did was eat, and he got so tubby off fried mongoose and ham pies that when he died he was too bloated to fit in how special pope coffin

I'm drowning in a sea of keks. Cucktianity at it's finest
>>
>>1246024
>The Crusades would be like the Aztlan and La Raza scum in the US starting a violent insurrection in Nevada and Arizona today to "drive whitey back to Europe"
which would be totally justified if the US was violently oppressing the native americans.

Also it was a call for help from the Byzantine. Which, it turned out, wasn't paranoia at all.
>>
>>1248600
>>1244175
>Protestant schism happened long after the crusade
>somehow that means I'm free of this guilt why contemporary catholics aren't
this is silly
you're descended from people who supported the crusades just as a much as catholics are
if you believe in filial guilt, there's no valid reason to exempt yourself
>>
>>1248857
It is a meme, made up by somebody who probably read too many Moon Knight comics. There may have been moon cults or other pagan beliefs among Arabs before Islam, but that doesn't mean Islam itself is a moon cult. It's like saying Catholicism is secretly a cult of Jupiter, since Roman pagans worshipped Jupiter before converting to Christianity.
inb4 "but why do they use the moon as their symbol?"
The star and moon isn't a Muslim symbol. Muhammad never used it. Early Muslim societies never used it. Their flags were mostly colored banners, sometimes with Arabic writing on them. (e.g. something similar to the Saudi Arabian flag, or the ISIS flag.)
The star and moon was mainly used by the Ottoman Turks. There are a bunch of theories as to where they got it. It might have been a symbol of Byzantium, it might have been an old Turkic symbol, it might have been something else. (this is why it was allowed to remain on the flag of Turkey after Ataturk's reforms. A notorious secularist such as him wouldn't allow a religious symbol to remain on his country's flag.) The only reason many Muslim countries use it on their flags is because of the influence of the Ottoman Empire.
>>
File: 1447643324538.png (174KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1447643324538.png
174KB, 499x499px
>499 years later
>Catholics are still just as BTFO and mad

Based Luther
>>
>>1248835
But I don't own a fedora
>>
>>1248907

>which would be totally justified if the US was violently oppressing the native americans.

the local Muslim Abbasid, Fatimid, and Ummayyad weren't "violent oppressing" the indigenous non-Muslims of the Levant and Holy Land, unless you consider paying a higher tax rate "violent oppression".

>Also it was a call for help from the Byzantine. Which, it turned out, wasn't paranoia at all.

Funny, considering how the Crusaders were the one to stab the Byzantines in the back and sack Constantinople in 1204, well before the Muslim conquest of the city.
>>
>>1248917
There have been Christians since Pentecost 32 AD outside of Rome, who never bent the knee to Rome, and who managed to not be murdered by Rome.
>>
File: 1462857830252.jpg (101KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1462857830252.jpg
101KB, 640x640px
>>1248964
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd66KXIbAjc

>"Christ committed adultery first of all with the women at the well about whom St. John tells us. Was not everybody about Him saying: ‘Whatever has He been doing with her?’ Secondly, with Mary Magdalen, and thirdly with the women taken in adultery whom He dismissed so lightly. Thus even, Christ who was so righteous, must have been guilty of fornication before He died."

t. Martin Luther
>>
>>1248998
t. Martin Luther, Catholic Friar and virulent anti-semite.
>>
>>1248951
>The star and moon isn't a Muslim symbol
>Early Muslim societies never used it
False.
>It might have been a symbol of Byzantium
No.
>>
>>1248998

I get you now.

You're still a muslim, but think you can harm Christianity more by pretending to be a papist than you can as a headchopper.
>>
>>1249004
>Luther
>Catholic
>>
>>1249008

Any actual historical proof of the Moon-and-Star symbol being used by early Muslim societies (i.e. Muhammad's community, the Rashidun, the Ummayad)?
>>
>>1248951
(A) In Qura’n there are at least a dozen verses in which Allah repeatedly swears by the names such as moon, sun, stars, planets, night, wind etc. It is a mystery why the creator Allah (?) should swear by his creations. Normally, we swear by the name of something much superior to us, such as we swear by God or by the name of our father (who is considered senior or superior to us). But we never swear by the name of something inferior to us. Here in the Quran swearing fashions of Allah (God) by moon or stars hinting us that Allah considered these things superior to himself. And this makes us to think (otherwise) as to who actually acted as Allah in Quran? However, in his explanation of why the Qur’an swears by the moon in Surah 74:32, “Nay, verily by the Moon,” Yusuf Alli comments, “The moon was worshipped as a deity in times of darkness”(fn. 5798, pg. 1644). Perhaps, this swearing of Allah was due to the usual/cultural habits of worshipping moon as their God in pagan customs.

(B) Yousuf Ali stated (Page-1921-1623 of his English Translation of Holy Quran):

“Moon-worship was equally popular in various forms………Apollo and Diana—the twin brother and sister, representing the sun and moon. …in the Vedic religion of India the moon god was Soma, the lord of the planets…….moon was male divinity in ancient India. Moon was also male divinity in ancient Semitic religion, and the Arabic word for the moon “qamar’ is of the masculine gender, on the other hand, the Arabic word for sun “shams” is feminine gender. The pagan Arabs evidently looked upon the sun as a goddess and the moon as a God.

The Pagan deities best known in the Ka’ba and round about Mecca were Lat, Uzza, and Manat.…the 360 idols established by the Pagans in the Ka’ba probably represented the 360 days of an inaccurate solar year. This was the actual modern pagan worship as known to the Quraish contemporary with our prophet”
>>
>>1249026
(C) Influence of Moon in Islam:

Who can deny the paramount influences of moon in Muslim’s life? In Islam, moon is considered holiest astronomical object, and moon is the guiding light of all Islamic rituals/festivals. Contradictions and conflicts are very common with the dates of Eids and Ramadan and obviously it is a chronic problem and moon is the nucleus of this problem. Crescent moon and stars are the symbolic sign in the national flags of many Muslim countries, and it is present over the Mosques, in the Muslim graveyard etc.

>I'll call it a meme. Then they won't believe it!
>>
File: 1465144516368.gif (1001KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465144516368.gif
1001KB, 640x480px
>>1249011
>proddy
>telling others they're harming Christianity
Matthew 7:3
>>
>>1249016
Catholic friar, actually. Disgusted by the vile wretched excesses of the papists.

Why aren't you?
>>
>>1249032
Because non praevalebunt, that's why.
>>
File: byzantion coin.jpg (59KB, 500x244px) Image search: [Google]
byzantion coin.jpg
59KB, 500x244px
>>1249008
>>It might have been a symbol of Byzantium
>No.
>>
>>1249029
Now you're calling me your brother?

kek

I think not.

But you do have a muslim's grasp of holy writ.
>>
>>1249034
In the pagan sign of a sun god worshiper.
>>
>>1249036
>a cult's symbol on a coin
>symbol of Byzantium
>>
>>1249036
Looks like a star and a moon to me.
>>
>>1244247
>mfw American protestants send missionaries to Latin America

Every latin american protestant has the IQ of a mop, and are also likely to give their money to their ""pastor"". Just look at the brazilian protestants who helped fund that temple of solomon.

Also, there was a gay Swedish female bishop who wanted to remove the cross out of churches
>>
>>1249026

>Normally, we swear by the name of something much superior to us, such as we swear by God or by the name of our father (who is considered senior or superior to us).

In modern English, yes. In Classical Arabic, no.

>And this makes us to think (otherwise) as to who actually acted as Allah in Quran?

The Quran and the Hadith both make it explicitly clear that Allah is the Jewish God and also the God of Abraham. He was already worshiped by the pagan Arabs as a chief deity in their pantheon, with the Moon-God ("Al-Qamar") being a lesser deity.

3/10 made me reply
>>
>>1244312
naive is an adjective, knave is a noun
>>
>>1249045
>Every latin american protestant has the IQ of a mop

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>1249049
More lies.

While satan wants to be like God, allah never will be like God.
>>
File: 1352363761347.jpg (52KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1352363761347.jpg
52KB, 499x499px
>>1249055

>delusional Christcuck can't handle facts
>>
>>1249049
>God of Abraham

That's not YHWH. It's El, who's son is Ba'al.

The Arabs have always worshiped Ba'al.
>>
>>1249055

I'm an Arab Christian and you're the reason everyone, especially atheists, thinks Christianity is full of retards.

Gas yourself.
>>
>>1249043
Exactly!
>>
>>1249059
I do hate lies, but they're not facts. They're anti-facts.
>>
>>1249064
You're no brother of mine.
>>
>>1249053
It's true, US missionaries target the poorest and dumbest (as in brownest) of the respective country.

>Protestant work ethic
Biggest meme, look at Guatemala.
>>
>>1248991
>Funny, considering how the Crusaders were the one to stab the Byzantines in the back and sack Constantinople in 1204
and they're not the one who ultimately conquered all of it
>the local Muslim Abbasid, Fatimid, and Ummayyad weren't "violent oppressing" the indigenous non-Muslims of the Levant and Holy Land, unless you consider paying a higher tax rate "violent oppression".
Good thing the crusade wasn't against any of them, but against the Seljuk, then. Who, it turned out, submitted Christians to slavery and other vexations, and massacred the entire population of Jerusalem.

also
>>1246024
>Nah, the Arabs had politically and administratively held those lands for several centuries
that's a good thing they had lost Jerusalem to the Turks 20 years before then?
Why are you treating the muslims as one nation?

>>1248992
Sure, and you're not descended from those guys if you're protestant.
>>
>>1244175
> the crusades
> being bad in any way
When will this meme end?
>>
>>1249076
Missionaries go where God leads them, and say what God tells them to say.

Preach the gospel to the poor. Good enough for Jesus, good enough for missionaries.
>>
>>1249077
>Sure, and you're not descended from those guys if you're protestant.

They are sons of Abraham by faith. I am a son of Abraham by faith. They are my mothers, my brothers, and my sisters.

The Whore of Babylon will not go unpunished forever.
>>
>>1244794
But Christianity is not exclusively defined by the holy texts, it's also made from its history and its institutions.
>>
>>1248568
Because the EU is a turbo liberal conspiracy to get rid of trade tariffs and enforce a pure free market over all of Europe that favours German goods over everything else.
>>
File: Satan rubs his hands.gif (2MB, 800x337px) Image search: [Google]
Satan rubs his hands.gif
2MB, 800x337px
>>1249036
It was never widespread in Byzantium, it was only connected to the cult of Hecate Lampadephoros, which means...LIGHT-BEARER! Same as the pseudo-god whom muslims worship and who is given luciferian titles in Qur’an 24:35-36.

Helel Ben-Shahar (הילל בן שחר in Hebrew) meaning "Helel" (bright) "Ben" (son of) "Shahar" (dawn). The Islamic symbol is the "Hilal" (crescent moon) over the "Sahar" light (dawn).

>How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
Isaiah 14:12

Wanna guess whose image muslims worldwide pray towards every day and during Hajj circumambulate and adore at the Kaaba in Mecca which was prophesied in Revelation 8:10 and 13:15?
>>
>>1249094
It's not defined by any of those things.
>>
>>1249087
Why do you think you can just claim yourself free of filial guilt while others can't?
>>
>>1249109
How are you strong on that, yet so weak on the Harlot of Babylon?

You literally jumped from satan's lap into satan's lap!
>>
>>1249111
Because my family are not the monsters in this story.
>>
File: %22Allah%22.png (152KB, 1043x1354px) Image search: [Google]
%22Allah%22.png
152KB, 1043x1354px
>>1249049
>The Quran and the Hadith both make it explicitly clear that Allah is the Jewish God and also the God of Abraham
No.

>For when God made a promise to Abraham, since He had no one greater by whom to swear, He swore by Himself.
Hebrews 6:13

Pic related, we see that "Allah" does not swear by himself. Instead, "Allah" implies that the stars, the moon, the 'brilliance' of the sun, and a man-made city are greater than "Allah" - the very things he is supposed to have created. He even swears by such menial things as fruits which is not surprising since "Allah" is Satan and in the Holy Bible Satan is described as:
>"the god of this world" (2 Cor 4:4)
>"the ruler of this world" (Jn 12:31)
>"the prince of the power of the air" (Eph 2:2)
>"the whole world lies in the power of the evil one" (1 Jn 5:19)
>>
>>1249109
>The Islamic symbol is the "Hilal" (crescent moon) over the "Sahar" light (dawn).
It's only considered an Islamic symbol due to the influence of Ottoman Turks. If it were inherently an Islamic symbol, notorious secularist Mustafa Kemal Ataturk would not have allowed it to remain on the flag of Turkey.
Muhammad and co. never used the star and crescent.
>>
>>1249133
So it is an islamic symbol.
>>
>>1249133

shut the FUCK UP you mudshit

we don't need your college professor / history book talking points here
>>
>>1249133
Quick Google image of "islamic flags" shows a shit load of stars and moons.

Maybe they're not telling you something?
>>
File: our-lady-crushes-the-serpent-2.jpg (42KB, 517x407px) Image search: [Google]
our-lady-crushes-the-serpent-2.jpg
42KB, 517x407px
>>1249116
Because the Holy Catholic Church is Satan's worst enemy, same as her Mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq2gonkO0nw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1_PV7qHnl0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1pEHscO7aY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuljuu6uqqc

>I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.
Genesis 3:15
>>
>>1249120
how so?
are you gonna pretend they were protestants before protestantism existed?
>>
>>1249138

It's a Turkic symbol that became common among Muslims and Islamic culture after the Turks converted to Islam in the Middle Ages.
>>
strong taqiyya ITT
>>
>>1249147
see >>1249153

prior to that they used plain flags with Arabic calligraphy on it
>>
VOTE

http://www.strawpoll.me/10407759/
>>
>>1249149
Oh, my God, no.

The woman in that verse is Mary, and Jesus is the Seed of Abraham alluded to therein.

And "she" doesn't crush his head; Jesus does.

And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”
>>
>>1249150
I don't even recognize the word "protestant", as it's a papist strawman intended to do just what you're doing here.

Infer that all Christians have always been Catholics.

It's a lie from the pit of hell.
>>
>>1249153
Dude, google it. There's dozens of them.

Islam worships a moon god. Deal with it.
>>
>>1249147
They adopted the symbol due to the Ottomans' use of it. Many of these "islamic flags" are of countries formerly part of Ottoman territory.
>>1249138
It's commonly used as one, but it is not an inherently islamic symbol.
>>
>>1249175

see >>1249022
>>
>>1249174
So you're gonna pretend that your religious filiation doesn't go through the Catholic Church or something?
Although the argument started with someone specifically calling himself "protestant". Not "coptic" or "miaphysite"
>>
>>1249179
>>1249138
>>1249147
>>1249133
>bunch of cunts unironically using the words "islamic" and "muslim" interchangeably
It IS an islamic symbol you faggots, not a muslim one.
>>
>>1249179
You're saying that just because it's been a thing for a thousand years, it's not really a thing.
>>
>>1249187
I know for a fact it does not. I would be where I am if there were no Roman church.
>>
>>1249195
And yet more confusion enters the arena.
>>
>>1249203
Then why the fuck would you define yourself as "protestant", Mr. Kubilai Christophoros?
>>
>>1249212
I never have. I am a born again Christian, and identify myself as such.

Catholics protesting Catholics is of no event to me.
>>
>>1249219
Then why did you reply to me when I addressed the OP who identified as a "protestant"?
>>
File: jupiter globe.png (137KB, 442x240px) Image search: [Google]
jupiter globe.png
137KB, 442x240px
>>1249175
Roman Catholics worship a planet.
Romans, pre-Christianity, worshipped many pagan gods, chief among them Jupiter (who is often depicted as a bearded man in the clouds, sound familiar? He also has similarities to the Norse god Odin, known as the "All-Father". Sound familiar too?)
Jupiter is also a planet in the solar system, named so for being the biggest planet, chief among the planets just as Jupiter was chief among the Roman gods.
Roman Catholicism sometimes uses an item called the "Globus Cruciger", which is a globe with a cross on top. The cross was probably added to make people think it was Christian, when in actuality the globe represents planet Jupiter, the bearded, wrathful "All-Father" of Roman Paganism.
Catholics worship an alien planet as their god, deal with it.

This is what you sound like.
>>
File: mary-crushes-the-serpent.jpg (184KB, 577x467px) Image search: [Google]
mary-crushes-the-serpent.jpg
184KB, 577x467px
>>1249170
>and her Seed
>>
>God destroys the Tower of Babel and scatters the languages of men
>Muslims and their pan-Arabism want to spread Arabic language and Islam across the world under one law: Islamic law
When are Muslims going to rebuild the Tower of Babel?
>>
File: In the name of Hubal.png (1MB, 1080x1225px) Image search: [Google]
In the name of Hubal.png
1MB, 1080x1225px
>>1249244
>>
>>1249224
Because I know what you liars mean when you say "protestants".
>>
>>1249259
Are you guys not constantly protesting?
>>
>>1249232
The early Roman Catholics worshiped the sun; they also inherited a worship of the Babylonian gods Nimrod (Jupiter to you), Semiramis (the "Queen of Heaven") and their son, Tammuz. They called Semiramis "Isis" and her son "Horus".

When they "changed" to Catholicism, they literally took their Isis idols and their Horus idols and renamed them "Mary" and "Jesus".

Rome is Babylon.
Roman Catholicism is Mystery Babylon.
The Roman Church is the Whore of Babylon.
The pope is the False Prophet of Babylon.

You can't offend me with your truthful analysis of Catholicism.
>>
>>1249270
Street preacher here. We'll never stop.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 600x599px
>be Mormon
>reviled by most Christians
>weird solidarity sometimes with all but the most antitheist fedoras
>born a robot, so no access to some of the most qt women in this hemisphere
>mfw no crusade guilt though, just bloody meadow massacre
>>
>>1249259
yes, we mean pretty much the same group that identifies as "protestant"
>>
>>1249237
You literally said "she would crush his head".

That is blasphemy.
>>
>>1249274
When the Whore falls we read, "‘Rejoice over her, O heaven! Rejoice, saints and apostles and prophets! God has judged her for the way she treated you’. . . . In her was found the blood of prophets and of the saints, and of all who have been killed on the earth" (18:20, 24). This shows that the Whore persecuted not just Christians, but apostles and prophets. Apostles existed only in the first century, since one of the requirements for being an apostle was seeing the risen Christ (1 Cor. 9:1). Prophets existed as a group only in the Old Testament and in the first century (Acts 11:27–28, 13:1, 15:32, 21:10).

Since the Whore persecuted apostles and prophets, the Whore must have existed in the first century. This totally demolishes the claim that Christian Rome or Vatican City is the Whore. Rome was not a Christian city at that time, and Vatican City did not even exist, so neither of them could be the Whore. Furthermore, Fundamentalists continually (though wrongly) claim that Catholicism itself did not exist in the first century, meaning that based on their very own argument Catholicism could not be the Whore!

Fundamentalists are fond of conjecturing that in the last days there will be a "revived Roman empire," such as the one that persecuted Christians in the first century. Yet they never draw the inference that this empire would be headed by a revived pagan Rome, with the bishop of Rome leading the Christian underground, just as he did in the first century.

Still, Revelation 18:20 and 18:24 prove that the Whore had to be a creature of the first century, which, in the Fundamentalist view, the Catholic Church was not. Thus, on their own view, their identification of the Catholic Church with the Whore is completely impossible! Only ancient, pagan Rome or apostate Jerusalem could possibly be the Whore.
>>
>>1249270
We are constantly telling the truth. If that sounds like protesting to you, you're on the wrong side of the truth.
>>
>>1249276
Amen bro.
>>
>>1249278
Still, you get to dress up like Indians. That's fun.
>>
File: 1.png (311KB, 405x595px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
311KB, 405x595px
>>1249278
>be Mormon
Stop.

Joseph Smith was a conman whose deceitful works have been thoroughly debunked.
http://cesletter.com/Letter-to-a-CES-Director.pdf

>But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.
Galatians 1:8-9
>>
>>1249281
God is talking to the serpent. Have you ever read the Holy Bible?
>>
>>1249282
Rome existed in the first century.

Rome? Existed in the first century.

Whore of Babylon? Rome? Exists now.

Rome? Existed in the first century. Exists now.

Destruction of Rome? Right before the Second Coming of Christ.

Pagan Rome then.
Pagan Rome now.
Pagan Rome destroyed be the Second Coming of Christ Jesus, prior to His 1000 year reign on earth.
>>
>>1249278
VOTE http://www.strawpoll.me/10407759/
>>
>>1249296
God does not say "she will crush thy head."

You perverted scripture and got called out on it.

And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”

Here's the real KJV, not the garbage you posted:

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
>>
>>1249297
Who destroyed the Whore of Babylon? Babylon did, which was pagan Rome. Babylon is a code name for Rome, which symbolized sexual and immoral excess. Revelation 17:16 says that the ten horns (symbolizing the rulers of pagan Rome) will destroy the whore by fire, which is exactly what the Romans did to Jerusalem in 70 AD. And then Revelation 17:14 says that the Lamb will conquer them both. This happened in the 4th Century, when Constantine became the first Christian emperor of Rome, who stopped all of the religious persecutions of Christians with the Edict of Milan in 313 AD. Constantine built the Vatican directly on top of the tomb of St. Peter, on Vatican Hill, outside the city of Rome.
>>
>>1249310
Jesus, at His Second Coming.

Not the gibberish you constantly copy and paste here.
>>
>>1249309
>mah KJV
>>
>>1249314
When the Whore falls we read, "‘Rejoice over her, O heaven! Rejoice, saints and apostles and prophets! God has judged her for the way she treated you’. . . . In her was found the blood of prophets and of the saints, and of all who have been killed on the earth" (18:20, 24). This shows that the Whore persecuted not just Christians, but apostles and prophets. Apostles existed only in the first century, since one of the requirements for being an apostle was seeing the risen Christ (1 Cor. 9:1). Prophets existed as a group only in the Old Testament and in the first century (Acts 11:27–28, 13:1, 15:32, 21:10).
>>
>>1249310
Just the suggestion that Rome stopped killing Christians in the 4th century is enough to make me want to look you up irl.
>>
>>1249315
I prefer the New KJV, which I posted first. The muslim masquerading as a Catholic misquoted the KJV.
>>
>>1249322
Rome killed Peter and Paul, two apostles, in the first century.

Pagan Rome then.
Pagan Rome now.

I know you're just a copypasta shitposter, but maybe read a reply from time to time.
>>
>>1249330
Read the Bible. >>1249310
>>
>>1249328
My bad.

He quoted the Catholic book of lies, the Douay-Rheims Bible, which in fact does give Mary credit for conquering Satan.

Never noticed that before.

What a cult that is.
>>
>>1249328
I am not a muslim and the KJV which I did not quote and which you worship belongs in the trash.
>>
>>1249335
irl dude. irl
>>
>>1249339
Douay-Rheims Bible

Gives Mary credit for conquering Satan.

Still want to be a catholic, or are you now realizing that you jumped from satan's right leg onto satan's left?

They changed Jesus to Mary.

Outright.
>>
>>1249293
>ces letter
Anon, you can do so much better with much fewer fallacies
>>
>>1249339
The KJV is authorized. Inspired. Tried and true.

Your catholic version?

It just gave Mary as the hero of the proto-evangelion. It, and no other translation.

It's not even close. It's a cult around Mary.
>>
File: Sancta Mater Dolorosa.jpg (382KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Sancta Mater Dolorosa.jpg
382KB, 800x1200px
>>1249338
>>1249345
The Christians of the 1st century already understood what I am telling you. Why do you hate the Blessed Virgin Mary so much?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq2gonkO0nw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1_PV7qHnl0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1pEHscO7aY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuljuu6uqqc
>>
>>1249339
American King James Version
And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; it shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.

American Standard Version
and I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed: he shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Douay-Rheims Bible
I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.

Darby Bible Translation
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; he shall crush thy head, and thou shalt crush his heel.

English Revised Version
and I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed: it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Webster's Bible Translation
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed: it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

World English Bible
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring. He will bruise your head, and you will bruise his heel."

Young's Literal Translation
and enmity I put between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; he doth bruise thee -- the head, and thou dost bruise him -- the heel.'

I don't know if you muslims had Sesame Street growing up, but "one of these things is not like the other; one of these things just doesn't belong."
>>
>>1249355

When did Mary crush the head of Satan?
>>
>>1249355

I have been telling these people that the muslims and Catholics both worship Mary, and are destined to join forces soon.

Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>1249084
Lime with Muslim ones?
>>
>>1249368
It puts the lime in the coconut, drink it all up, yes.
>>
>>1244186
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>1249378
You are telling me they both makepeoplefeel ill?
>>
>>1244263
You know pedophilia isn't more frquent among catholic pastors than protestant ones?
>>
>>1249364
shit bait
>>
File: 1462915348662.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1462915348662.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>1249349
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUTlvAsLyPM

>>1249357
>We must remember especially that, since the second century, the Virgin Mary has been designated by the holy Fathers as the new Eve, who, although subject to the new Adam, is most intimately associated with him in that struggle against the infernal foe which, as foretold in the protoevangelium, would finally result in that most complete victory over the sin and death which are always mentioned together in the writings of the Apostle of the Gentiles. Consequently, just as the glorious resurrection of Christ was an essential part and the final sign of this victory, so that struggle which was common to the Blessed Virgin and her divine Son should be brought to a close by the glorification of her virginal body, for the same Apostle says: "When this mortal thing hath put on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: Death is swallowed up in victory."
Pius XII's Munificentissimus Deus (39)
http://w2.vatican.va/content/pius-xii/en/apost_constitutions/documents/hf_p-xii_apc_19501101_munificentissimus-deus.html

>you muslims
I have never been a muslim.
>>
>>1249357
>your seed and her seed; it
>>
protestantism and protestants are cancer
>>
>>1249412
Muslim missionaries chop people's heads off. I suppose that makes them feel bad for a few seconds.
>>
>>1249423
It's the truth. One Marian apparition and the Roman Catholic Church and ISIS are one.
>>
>>1249433
1854: Mary is deified by the Roman Catholic Church.

1850: she's just a Jewish girl.
>>
>>1249450
Goes on to say "his".
>>
Evangelical Protestants have to be the most ridiculous shysters in all of God's creation. My favorite thing to see is when they scream about their poor oppressed Coptic brothers, while simultaneously decrying Catholicism despite the two being nearly identical in doctrine. And they're more than happy to give money hand over fist to a hostile middle eastern country that outright attacked an American ship in the Mediterranean, sold our military secrets to China, and then call them our greatest allies. Pathetic
>>
File: bouguereau-18b.jpg (171KB, 886x1014px) Image search: [Google]
bouguereau-18b.jpg
171KB, 886x1014px
>>1249786
>deified
No but she is the New Eve.

>just a Jewish girl
>>1245282 >>1245454 >>1245563
>>
>>1249877
and again, your cult bible changes words in order to defend their worship of Mary.

There is only one person in the bible who is "full of grace", and that is Jesus.

Gabriel said to Mary that she was favored; that she is blessed among women.

You momma's boys need to man up and approach God yourselves, or go to hell for failing to do so.
>>
nonreligious people are also incredibly ignorant of the world around them

go figure
>>
>>1244175
>>Tell non-Christian that I'm Christian

Why would you lie to them?
>>
>>1249915
He probably will, since he gets blamed for every wicked and vile act of the Vatican.

Hopefully he'll take up arms against the Vatican, the true enemy of Christianity.
>>
>>1244297
Catholics don't take the bible seriously since III century AD
>>
>>1248200
if you are a good man you won't end in hell based on your religion. At least that's what catholics believe
>>
>>1249903
Χαῖρε, kεχαριτωμένη ----> Ave, gratia plena

t. Saint Jerome
>>
>>1250015
Yup. That's what the papists believe all right.

Romans 3:12 They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one.”
>>
>>1250024
Jerome, who coined the term "Lucifer", put horns on Moses' heads, and called Mary "full of grace".

Jerome is in hell right now. Follow him. I dare you.

New International Version
The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you."

New Living Translation
Gabriel appeared to her and said, "Greetings, favored woman! The Lord is with you!"

English Standard Version
And he came to her and said, “Greetings, O favored one, the Lord is with you!”

Berean Study Bible
The angel appeared to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you."

Berean Literal Bible
And having come to her, he said, "Greetings, you favored with grace! The Lord is with you."

New American Standard Bible
And coming in, he said to her, "Greetings, favored one! The Lord is with you."

King James Bible
And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
And the angel came to her and said, "Rejoice, favored woman! The Lord is with you."

International Standard Version
The angel came to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you!"

New American Standard 1977
And coming in, he said to her, “Hail, favored one! The Lord is with you.”

Douay-Rheims Bible
And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Darby Bible Translation
And the angel came in to her, and said, Hail, [thou] favoured one! the Lord [is] with thee: [blessed art thou amongst women].

English Revised Version
And he came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee.

As usual, the Catholic bible has been changed to worship Mary.
>>
File: GVVIwp4txmsAAAAASUVORK5CYII=.png (276KB, 1187x1195px) Image search: [Google]
GVVIwp4txmsAAAAASUVORK5CYII=.png
276KB, 1187x1195px
>>1250015
>>1250026
Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus.

>>1250038
Are you a muslim role-playing as a proddy?

As for Saint Jerome's translation of Χαῖρε kεχαριτωμένη into Ave gratia plena, it is perfectly correct since the root word of the greek word kεχαριτωμένη is χαρις which means grace. The american protestant translations you posted are very loose.

>"It is permissible, on Greek grammatical and linguistic grounds, to paraphrase kecharitomene as completely, perfectly, enduringly endowed with grace."
(Blass and DeBrunner, Greek Grammar of the New Testament)

>However, Luke 1:28 uses a special conjugated form of "charitoo." It uses "kecharitomene," while Ephesians 1:6 uses "echaritosen," which is a different form of the verb "charitoo." Echaritosen means "he graced" (or bestowed grace). Echaritosen signifies a momentary action, an action brought to pass (Blass and DeBrunner, Greek Grammar of the New Testament, p. 166). Whereas, Kecharitomene, the perfect passive participle, shows a completeness with a permanent result. Kecharitomene denotes continuance of a completed action.
(H. W. Smyth, Greek Grammar [Harvard Univ Press, 1968], p. 108-109, sec 1852:b; also Blass and DeBrunner, p. 175).

Though you'll keep denying these facts, pic related (1/2) is what it actually meant to ancient Greek-speakers and is why it is communicating precisely that the Blessed Virgin Mary was immaculately conceived.
>>
File: H8s3z+N64StXgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==.png (271KB, 1181x846px) Image search: [Google]
H8s3z+N64StXgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==.png
271KB, 1181x846px
>>1250038
>>1250138
(2/2)

Saint Jerome is in Heaven and I can promise you that you'll be spending a long time in Purgatory, wether you believe in it or not (you're in for a rude awakening), my sad protestant friend.
>>
ITT protestards getting BTFO
>>
>>1250138
>Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus.

Yes, that's what all cults believe.

And no, Jerome did not translate anything properly in that list; Jesus is full of grace, not Mary. Moses did not have horns. Helel ben shachar is not "Lucifer", "light bearer".

Your catholic apologies are blasphemous idolatry to a holy God.
>>
>>1250148
Nope. You're wrong papist, because you have placed your faith in the Roman church, worship Mary, and have never met Jesus.
>>
>>1250155
>Said the increasingly nervous papist for the seventh time.
>>
>>1250157
>To reunite all his children, scattered and led astray by sin, the Father willed to call the whole of humanity together into his Son's Church. The Church is the place where humanity must rediscover its unity and salvation. The Church is "the world reconciled." She is that bark which "in the full sail of the Lord's cross, by the breath of the Holy Spirit, navigates safely in this world." According to another image dear to the Church Fathers, she is prefigured by Noah's ark, which alone saves from the flood.
CCC 845

>"Outside the Church there is no salvation" How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers? Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:

>Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through Baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it.

CCC 846
>>
>>1250201
You know the DaVinci Code was just a book and a movie, right?
>>
>>1250201
Cult
Cult
Cult

kek

You make my points for me.
>>
>>1250138
>Are you a muslim role-playing as a proddy?
Wait, I thought you were the muslim convert
>>
>>1250262
He denied it later, calling himself a catholic "revert", but all he does is lie, so who knows?
>>
File: Caravaggio_-_San_Gerolamo.jpg (93KB, 1091x791px) Image search: [Google]
Caravaggio_-_San_Gerolamo.jpg
93KB, 1091x791px
>>1250157
>Jerome did not translate anything properly in that list; Jesus is full of grace, not Mary.
Saint Jerome's translation is correct, read >>1250138 >>1250148 and stop embarrassing yourself.

>>1250160
Yes, the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church which was founded by Christ Himself and according to His Holy Mouth, the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

>>1250163
>projecting

>>1250262
I'm neither a muslim nor a convert.
>>
>>1250285
>Saint Jerome's translation is correct
no
>>
File: 3938352962_777a90373e_b.jpg (272KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
3938352962_777a90373e_b.jpg
272KB, 683x1024px
>>1250382
Read >>1250138 >>1250148

I'll trust the greeks and modern linguists, thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvSwMpnm76I
>>
>>1249121
>"Allah" implies that the stars, the moon, the 'brilliance' of the sun, and a man-made city are greater than "Allah"
See >>1249049
>In modern English, yes. In Classical Arabic, no.
It is not uncommon to hear people swear by such odd and random things like "I swear on my beard" or "I swear on the coffee I am currently drinking." That does not mean that they imply that their beard or coffee is greater than they are.
>>
>>1249244
>>1249256
fuck
>>
>>1244175
>Be Protestant
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>1244323
>>1244663
>>1248982
/his/ needs to be rid of people like you instead.
>>
>>1252180
this
>>
>>1249421
Yeah but Protestants don't shelter their pedos. Catholics have the advantage of an entire continent under their sway so they can transfer the offending priest to another city with horrifying ease.
>>
>>1249244
>Pan Arabs
>wanting to spread islam

I want polfags to leave.
>>
>>1250285
I laid out 20 translations that got it right, and you cling to the one that deifies Mary.

I show you that the Petros is not the petra, that the collection of all of the prophets and all of the apostles are the foundation, with Christ as the chief cornerstone, and you insist that the Church of St. Peter is it.

You do not know that you are saved. You do not know that you are saved because you are not saved.

If you were saved, you would know that you were saved, and how.

That you don't betrays your status as spiritually dead and hellbound heretic.

You lied and said you were an ex-muslim converted to Catholicism.

All you do is lie, like your father, the father of lies.
>>
>>1250400
>Jerome
>Greek

No.
>>
>>1252016
The one true God said that He could swear by nothing higher than Himself, so He swore on Himself.

allah swears to pieces of fruit.
>>
>>1244175
Enjoy hell, heretic
>>
>>1250160
>>1250163
>>1250209
>>1250226
>>1250262
>>1250273
>>1250382
>literally no arguments other than muh ebil gadolik jurch
>>
>>1244234
Kek
>>
>>1255196
It suffices.
>>
File: CarloDolci-HeMourningVirgin.jpg (32KB, 642x644px) Image search: [Google]
CarloDolci-HeMourningVirgin.jpg
32KB, 642x644px
>>1255083
>I laid out 20 translations that got it right
No. The root word of kεχαριτωμένη is literally GRACE (χαρις) you can't translate that into "favored". The protestant translations which you posted are extremely loose.

Saint Jerome's translation of "Χαῖρε, kεχαριτωμένη" into "Ave, gratia plena" is literally perfect and actual greeks and modern linguists disagree with you my pretentious proddy friend.

Read >>1250138 >>1250148

God Almighty loves the Holy Mother of the Word Incarnate, why don't you? Is your "christian" denomination demonic or something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epw8PfMkbh4
>>
>>1255311
It's not "full of grace".

Only Jesus is full of grace.

God hates the ways and beliefs of the Whore of Babylon, and will deal with her shortly. And you, if you're in her.
>>
File: graced2.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
graced2.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>1255083
Does not matter how you translate it. Fact is, the word is used in a specific way and to confer a specific meaning. It is also used only twice in the whole NT. Translate it as "elephant" if you want. It still means in Ephesians the salvific grace that makes blameless through the spilling of the blood of Christ is already present in Mary through Christ but before and without the spilling of His blood.
>>
File: St_Peter_sm.jpg (189KB, 942x1240px) Image search: [Google]
St_Peter_sm.jpg
189KB, 942x1240px
>>1255083
>I show you that the Petros is not the petra
No. Kepha is Kepha. It's a wordplay and you know it; so do the experts. Jesus Christ did not speak Matthew 16:18 in greek.

ctrl+f: ''0p0k'' or ''Keepa''
http://www.peshitta.org/pdf/Mattich16.pdf

>Simon Peter holds the first place in the college of the Twelve; Jesus entrusted a unique mission to him. Through a revelation from the Father, Peter had confessed: "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Our Lord then declared to him: "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it." Christ, the "living Stone", thus assures his Church, built on Peter, of victory over the powers of death. Because of the faith he confessed Peter will remain the unshakable rock of the Church. His mission will be to keep this faith from every lapse and to strengthen his brothers in it.
CCC 552

>Jesus entrusted a specific authority to Peter: "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." The "power of the keys" designates authority to govern the house of God, which is the Church. Jesus, the Good Shepherd, confirmed this mandate after his Resurrection: "Feed my sheep." The power to "bind and loose" connotes the authority to absolve sins, to pronounce doctrinal judgements, and to make disciplinary decisions in the Church. Jesus entrusted this authority to the Church through the ministry of the apostles and in particular through the ministry of Peter, the only one to whom he specifically entrusted the keys of the kingdom.
CCC 553
>>
>>1255083
>You lied and said you were an ex-muslim converted to Catholicism.
What? I said countless times that I am not an ex-muslim and that I was born Catholic. It's all in the archives, don't start desperately strawmanning now.
>>
File: 1resurr4.jpg (133KB, 1047x1241px) Image search: [Google]
1resurr4.jpg
133KB, 1047x1241px
>>1255316
Χαῖρε, kεχαριτωμένη ---> Ave, gratia plena ---> Hail, full of grace
>>
>>1255311
>Is your "christian" denomination demonic or something?
All protestant denominations are demonic.
>>
>>1255311
kεχαριτωμένη is the perfect passive participle of χαριτόω, which means "to show grace to" or "to bestow favor"

It literally to means "having been shown grace to"
>>
>>1255423
"bestow favor"
"show grace"

so why can't you say "bestow grace"?
You use synonyms to try and twist the clear meaning of the text.
Grace is grace. She is full of grace and that is why the angel calls her by that.
>>
File: 1464638050857.gif (4MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1464638050857.gif
4MB, 500x282px
wonder if the proddies can feel the flames licking them in this thread
>>
>>1244175
>be German born 40 years after Adolf an heroed
>tell Anons I am German
>half go OMG KRAUT WHY YOU START WORLD WARS KRAUTNIGGERS DESTROYER OF YUROPE >:(((
>other half go OMG KRAUT I LOVE ADOLF SO MUCH THX FOR REMOVE JEW WE ARE NOW FRIENDS :DDD
>both are retards
wat do?
>>
>>1255488
gill doo layk joo :DD

checked
>>
test
>>
>>1255535
>>
>>1255533
>>1255544
checked.
this is now a get thread.
>>
File: check'em.png (230KB, 292x407px) Image search: [Google]
check'em.png
230KB, 292x407px
check'em
>>
>>1255554
JUST
>>
>>1255451
Because "show grace" means to be gracious toward, not to endow with the quality of grace.
>>
>>1255556
so the angel went to Mary and said "hello I am gracious to you"? anon pls.....
The text is extremely clear. Grace refers to Mary, she is "graced". She has grace. That grace is from God. That grace makes her without sin. The angel CALLS her that, because that is what she is. The angel is speaking the words of Our Lord. Our Lord with "Mary full of grace" reveals to us her nature and purpose. To be blameless for God.
>>
>>1250138
this
>>
File: Check emm.png (1MB, 833x1218px) Image search: [Google]
Check emm.png
1MB, 833x1218px
>>1255554
Close,Check these kafir.
>>
>>1256653
fail
Thread posts: 235
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.