[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the biggest /his/ fail you've noticed/heard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: Color tv in 1945.png (108KB, 280x131px) Image search: [Google]
Color tv in 1945.png
108KB, 280x131px
What's the biggest /his/ fail you've noticed/heard of in video games that were made in the last 10 years?
>>
>>1232767
Civ 5 didn't include "Minoan" or "Hittite" civs, but did include "Zulu", "Netherlands" and some formal disparity between "Iroquois" and "Sioux" because "reasons", even though those representations and differentiations had relative jack dick to do with the world's societal development. They were only a sycophantic inclusion for a lame attempt at political correctness, as was including more than one female leader.
>>
Homefront, bigest lolz in Murica stories.
>>
>>1232808
>those representations and differentiations had relative jack dick to do with the world's societal development.

did you ever stop to think that is not the basis on why civs are included?
>>
They are beyond numerous
>>
File: header[1].jpg (49KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
49KB, 460x215px
>>1232767
This whole game was a source of near continuous facepalming.
>>
>>1232808
Speaking of which
>Wu Zetian
>>
The new Battlefield trailer
>>
Assassin's Creed.

The entire franchise
>>
Pretty sure giant alien like structures like the train station never existed and that there never were sewer systems at that time in far isolated steppe Russia.

Else than that, Pathologic holds really tight as an inspiration of the Moscow plague riot. The chaos as the disease spreads is felt. Inflation, unrest and moving the plot as you struggle to survive in video games is something rare for 3rd persion RPGs. It really is refreshing and ominous.
>>
>>1232951
Are you implying that Boudicca was not a sexual semen demon?
>>
King tigers in Stalingrad.
CoD WaW
>>
>>1232808
The modern financial system has its origins in the Dutch Golden Age
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>1232951
>the story of Damocles
>>
File: 1379736114544.jpg (41KB, 344x505px) Image search: [Google]
1379736114544.jpg
41KB, 344x505px
We could have a whole EU4 thread for all the absurd ahistorical shit it lets you do.

>mfw the inca show up with guns, cannons, and horses and fucking wreck the danish settlers of colombia
>mfw russia finishes the suez canal in 1766
>mfw african nations surpass europe in military technology
>>
>>1233265
This
>lithuania a colonial power
>siberians with guns take over manchuria
>no russia just tatars
>>
>>1232767
Not all are necessary "fails", they incorperate ahistorical elements for "gameplay" Whatever that is necessary the right thing to do... I think not.
>>
>>1233265
>kilian experience video where he turns the entire world into the 'cornwallish empire'
its ck2, but i had a giggle
>>
>>1232884

Damn, you beat me to it.
>>
>>1233281
Until they patched it recently Lithuania wasn't just ridiculously powerful, it was the most developed country on the planet.
>>
>>1232767
In Age of Empires II: HD Edition there are many mistakes. Many of those civilizations never fought and also never lived that close near each other.
>>
>>1233265
top kek.

They keep adding all these features and modifiers in an attempt to create 'believeable worlds' and it just gets stranger the more shit they add.
>>
>>1232808
It seems the guiding principle is to have some sort of far reaching variety in the civs and leaders, not strictly basing their choices on "relevance" or "historical importance" or anything like that. That seems fine to me, especially considering the alt-history style and emphasis on the potential of mankind.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.