[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How accurate is this? Lloyd says that the Germans lost land on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: >implying.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
>implying.gif
3MB, 400x225px
How accurate is this? Lloyd says that the Germans lost land on the Western Front so quickly because when the machine-gun was knocked out, the rest of the section would retreat.
>>
File: Absolute Madman.jpg (661KB, 1415x1746px) Image search: [Google]
Absolute Madman.jpg
661KB, 1415x1746px
Here's the link:

https://youtu.be/VXQygRVvEmM?t=7m15s
>>
>>1200168
If you had experience in Infantry tactics you would understand that the Machine Gun is what you entire platoon is based around. And if the enemy has one and you don't you are fucked. The MG causes 70% of the causaulties your unit makes.

So yeah they would retreat once the opposing force had the only MG
>>
>>1200984
>The MG causes 70% of the causaulties your unit makes.
That's not true, especially in WW2. The MG is meant to suppress the enemy while your infantry flank with rifles, grenades and SMGs to kill them. The MG providing 70% of sustained firepower is more realistic.
>>
>>1200168
I don't think he says that
>>
But the Germans didn't lose land on the Western Front very quickly, the premise is flawed if you're not just strawmanning.
>>
File: IMG_3889.jpg (61KB, 431x577px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3889.jpg
61KB, 431x577px
>>1201145
>>1201140
My bad, he said consistently, not quickly.
>>
>>1200168
>How accurate is this? Lloyd says

That's all I need to know that whatever you're linking, its certainly not accurate.

the man is an idiot with a rare gift for speaking in ways that sound like he actually knows what he's talking about, even when he is completely wrong.
>>
File: 1461886709129.jpg (183KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
1461886709129.jpg
183KB, 500x628px
>>1200168
He makes that insinuation that British mgs must have been better than German ones since they won the war. He conveniently forgets their spanking at Dunkirk or the channel dash between then and the Normandy landings. Not to mention allied air power and 1000 other reasons why the Germans lost wwii which had nothing to do with spandaus.
>>
>>1201123
>WWII
We're talking WWI mate. The British didn't start experimenting with mixed unit tactics until Cambri
>>
>>1202870
>Bren/MG34
>WWI
>>
>casualties

But weren't the large majority of casualties from artillery?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.