[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>see /his/ shill for Christianity a lot >finally fall for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 46

File: 1432724756686s.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1432724756686s.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>see /his/ shill for Christianity a lot
>finally fall for the meme
>go to church
>for communion they give us potato chips and soda because "communion is supposed to be fun"

Christianity is a joke
>>
>>1185143
Protestant or Catholic church?
>>
I take it you didn't go to an orthodox church. You didn't fall for the meme correctly.
>>
>>1185171
Any Catholic church that did this would be excommunicated
>>
>>1185143
Was it fun though?
>>
File: 14ky369.jpg (65KB, 710x830px) Image search: [Google]
14ky369.jpg
65KB, 710x830px
>>1185174
Yeah, this. Go Orthodox, OP. It's totally kvlt.
>>
File: descarga (17).jpg (5KB, 194x145px) Image search: [Google]
descarga (17).jpg
5KB, 194x145px
>>1185179
With this new pope ,anything is possible. He reminds me of this
>>
> Christianity is a joke
I wouldn't be surprised if Christ resurrection was just a prank that went too far.
>>
>>1185143
Never seen this done before and I don't agree with it but at the end of the day it is just a representation. Typically its done with water crackers and grape juice tho.
>>
>>1185184
Both catholicism and prostentaism has outstanding believers and fanatics, but orthodoxs were always backwards losers who got taken over by islam and atheists
>>
>>1185283
> got taken over by islam and atheists
Christianity is better when it struggle to fight for its survival anyway.
>>
>>1185272
This why protestants were a mistake.
>>
>>1185272
This

It's a little weird, but not really a big deal
>>
File: qt priest.jpg (217KB, 1333x2000px) Image search: [Google]
qt priest.jpg
217KB, 1333x2000px
>>1185143
>Be in high school
>School shows an exhibit of different jobs you can take or study for after graduating
>the church has an exhibit
>there is a qt priestess there but she has piercing, heavy mascara and a pride flag behind her.
Protestantism yes
>>
>>1185272
>grape juice
I'm not event Christian and still that bothers me.
>>
>>1185374
>Protestantism
>Priest
Yeah and Neil Armstrong was a cosmonaut
>>
File: Ragecopy.png (235KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ragecopy.png
235KB, 582x600px
>>1185272
>it is just a representation

HERESY

DO YOU EVEN REAL PRESENCE OF CHRIST IN THE EUCHARIST
>>
>>1185392
In my country the protestant pastors calls themself priests
>>
>>1185272
This.

We ate soda crackers and grape juice, but even at the age of 7 we knew it was supposed to be a symbolic thing.
>>
>>1185458
>2011 AD
>not eating pieces of your god and drinking his blood
>>
>>1185405
Not all sects subscribe to transubstantiation. That is a "universal church" ( orthodox, aka catholic ) concept, from the literal understanding of the last supper. Many protestants, following the radical reformation (disparate from the protestant reformation) do not subscribe to the contention of transubstantiation.

Not alot of modern christians even take time to understand that the protestant reformation was never intended to be a "break away" from the church, but rather a change to the (conceived as) elicit practices of those in charge. Luther wanted to "fix" catholocism, not destroy or supercede it with a "new religion". Later, there came along a "radical reformation", which further changed ideology, creating a sort of "christianesque cult", and that is the mainstream "christianity" you see today in, primarily, America's christian community.
>>
>>1185477
Further...

So are they "really christian"? Of course. We are not "biblilians", we are christians. This means we have a personal relationship with the lord and savior Jesus Christ. That is the qualification of being a christian, and the rest of the interpreted details are less important than this one fact.
>>
>>1185477
Luther abolished fasting, confession, monasticism, removed seven books from the OT, tried to remove 11 from the NT. At this point, we're talking a new religion.
>>
>>1185483
You kind of have to be to be an heretic. If you weren't Christian, you'd just be heathens.
>>
>>1185184
edgy as fuck
>>
>>1185496
That's the Megaloschemos. Hardly any monks get that, it's like the special forces of monasticism. You have to fast and pray in stillness like crazy for a lifetime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wm4RlnnaOU
>>
>>1185491
>Luther abolished

Luther doesn't "abolish" anything, he recommended a different understanding of the traditional practices.

>fasting
See above. People still fast, but they do it on their own accord.

>confession
Protestants confess, but they contend it doesn't need to be done in a closet to a specific person, but anywhere to God.

>monasticism
This might be the difficult thing to understand about Lutheranism. It contends "all adherents are priests". This is a literal understanding of a part of scripture.

>removed books
People worked with his suggestions, and didn't accept and apply them all. Issues he had with the inspired nature of certain works were not new to him or new to scholars for some time.
>>
>>1185503
>Luther doesn't "abolish" anything, he recommended
Have you read his polemics? The man was as bad as Marx about pouring vitriol on anyone who differed with him on any little thing.
>>
>>1185503
>This might be the difficult thing to understand about Lutheranism. It contends "all adherents are priests". This is a literal understanding of a part of scripture.
Most monks are not priests.
>>
>>1185503
>This might be the difficult thing to understand about Lutheranism. It contends "all adherents are priests". This is a literal understanding of a part of scripture.
All adherent are pontiffs. Certainly not all adherents are presbyters/bishops.
>>
>>1185510
Yes, I've read all his books. Tragically, toward the end of his life, consumed by pain from his physical state, he wrote some very uncharacteristic views and it's evident from a scholastic perspective they were from a person in a state of pain and grief. I kinda wish people had the presence of mind at the time to take away his pen, or at least not publish those final works.
>>
>>1185519
The man was evil.
>>
>>1185516
Fuck off Constantine
How many times do you need to be refuted before you stop posting the same bullshit over and over
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 500x628px
>>1185523
>>
>>1185523
That's unfortunate you feel that way. Maybe, running with the way you feel in the matter, it took such a person to eradicate the "evil" practices men had applied to the catholic church, as the selling of "heaven tickets" for others, or ahead of time for sins, to fill the church coffers.

And you know what? It worked. The catholic church today is nothing like it was in that era. There has even been, over the last 150 years, work on both sides to reconcile between catholics and "real protestants".
>>
>>1185533
>>1185534

He called for wholesale slaughter of Jews and peasants, and said God told him to.
>>
>>1185534
>the selling of "heaven tickets" for others
Myth
>>
>>1185534
>And you know what? It worked. The catholic church today is nothing like it was in that era.
It's bad in a whole different way.
>>
File: 1391819775756.jpg (113KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
1391819775756.jpg
113KB, 1152x864px
>>1185539
>Implying the Catholic church thought any better
>>
>>1185539
yes, he did, see >>1185519

He was not like that through 90% of his life.
>>
>>1185546
Martin Luther's earlier works suggested people should try to convert Jews. It was pretty evident, the sudden about face, later in his life that he was emotionally tortured from his physical condition.
>>
>>1185534
I'd rather take 300 extra years of corruption if it meant Christendom wouldn't splinter into the abomination that is Protestantism.

>>1185545
Bishops tried to protect their Jewish population when the People's Crusade went on a Jew hunt in Eastern Europe.
>>
>>1185552
By that excuse it'd be ok if Jesus said "Fuck humanity, kill them all father!" when he was suffering from physical and spiritual pains on the cross.
>>
>>1185555
What do you feel is fundamentally wrong with Protestantism, that you feel it is an "abomination"? Maybe you're not thinking of Protestantism, but the later radical reformation. I'm just curious to see.
>>
>>1185559
Martin Luther wasn't Jesus. 99% of christian consider Jesus to be divine, without sin. That is not what Martin Luther was.
>>
>>1185545
Yeah, actually, they did
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_and_Truce_of_God

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sicut_Judaeis
>>
>>1185552
That doesn't make any sense, no physical condition drives someone who advocate wholesale murder of peasants and Jews. I don't care if your skin is melting

His position changed because he thought his "reforms" would entice them, and because they were both against the state; once the state was on HIS side, he came down hard on anyone who resisted his religion
>>
>>1185199
Stop reading headlines and start reading the actual fucking quote.
>>
>>1185565
Alright replace that with any martyr who died. None of them became bitter and they definitely didn't turn their bitterness into outright hate and calls to murder.

>>1185560
Schism has shattered Christianity worse than any heathen ever could. Jesus even said a kingdom should not be divided against itself.

If Luther and protestant and reformist leaders kept their ego in check and instead worked within the Church then the whole world would have heard a message only splintered slightly due to Orthodoxy. Instead protestants sabotaged fellow Christians and for example got Catholics killed by spreading rumors to the Japanese that made them purge all Christians.

Protestants are scum
>>
>>1185572
>he came down hard on anyone who resisted his religion

This is more opinion than fact. Luther was a philosopher who made recommendations. He was not a politician, he was not, in his lifetime, a person with specific power to "announce changes", but an advocate. As a matter of fact, he was against humans having such power to rail, en masse, against "people" but against "practices".

You're simply misunderstanding the difference between his intent and the elevation to which he was lifted by others. Yes, there is a difference.
>>
I'm a Jew and I went with my one of my friends to church a few years ago. They had people playing guitar and singing gospel songs, big speakers and projector screens, and everyone was clapping along. And when the pastor spoke, he showed us sideshows on the projectors.

It kind of surprised me to see all that technology and modernity. It didn't really feel like I was actually in a religious building.

I'm not quite sure what branch of Christianity they were, but I'm assuming it's not the norm.
>>
>>1185584
*slideshows
>>
>>1185583
He held tremendous sway, why do you you think barons under the thumb of the HRE broke him out of prison?

>>1185584
It's the norm for both Protestantism and the RCC
>>
>>1185583
>surrounded himself with German princes
>"suggested" the nobles slaughter Jews and peasants
>not power hungry
>>
>>1185584
When I attended Catholic mass there was a microphone for the priest, tv's in the back for people to see what's up front and a band that played both hymns and modern Christian music performed by Matt Maher.

It seemed to be still rather spiritual in essence.
>>
>>1185589
>>Roman Catholic Chuches with projectors and shit in the FUCKING PRESENCE OF THE EUCHARIST. CAUSE YOU KNOW, THATS WHAT MASS IS ABOUT, SACRILIGE.
Constantine, you are an abhorrent piece of shit. When will you decide that you're not helping anyone and do something with your life?
>>
>>1185579
Martin Luther did not die a martyr. Had he, when the Vatican was putting "hits" out on him, he'd never have had the opportunity for those later works.

There were already different "sects" of christianity. This wasn't new to Luther, look at church history. To argue catholic schisms were a "separation", and you have a good point, but it's redundant. He wanted to repair what was already a separation.

Christianity in the second century AD already had, for example, arianists, coptics, a sort of proto-orthodoxy in Carthage, and all sorts of other divisions. You're taking the catholic church to be this uniform "be all end all" that it is not and never was.

Look at Ethiopian, or Tewahedo christianity. It has roots, tradition, just as old, or older by some arguments, than the christian church.
>>
>>1185608
They absolutely use projectors and guitars at Mass, I know because I've been to one.
>>
I only go to church for family events, christenings etc, and everytime I've been it's been a woman vicar. I don't really care own way or the other but it seems like there are more female priests than male priests in the CoE now.
>>
File: tcl1.png (938KB, 1000x510px) Image search: [Google]
tcl1.png
938KB, 1000x510px
>Christianity is a joke

You needed to go to church for that?
>>
>>1185609
All the divisions of the 2nd Century were heretics. Which one do you think was not?

Oriental Orthodox (Ethiopian/Tawahedo,Coptic, Armenian, and so on) didn't split until later, and that split is completely pointless, which is why Eastern and Oriental recognize each other's Sacraments, but neither recognizes the RCC sacraments.
>>
>>1185589
You need to understand that Luther was a man with a very medieval mindset who believed in the divine right of kings
His writings had been purely oriented to religion and he didn't call for any social revolution. When he saw that his writtings were used by peasants to justify freeing themsleves from their masters he must have been horrified, just as he was horrified by the destruction of church institutions in Wittenberg. Everything had clearly spun out of his control and this must have been very frustrating to him, couple that with his suffering late in his life and it almosts seems natural that he wrote those things as an outlet of his frustrations with protestantism and his anger
>>
>>1185609
Well him surviving showed the truth of who he really was huh? Too bad the German princes adored him for letting them ransack Church property. Had he died before spilling the poison of his silver tongue a great many lives and souls would be saved.
>>
what are anglican services like?
>>
Were there any cute girls there? I'm thinking of going to a nearby Maronite Church just for that reason
>>
>>1185623
I ALSO believe in divine right of kings. I ALSO oppose social revolution. That doesn't mean I think peasants are "no better than straw". The poor are the heart of the Christian laity.
>>
>>1185630
Depends on whether it's Anglo-Catholic or Low Church.
>>
>>1185619
>heretics

Yeh, see, you're so fortified in the forest, you can't see it for the trees.
>>
>>1185626
They wanted to do that anyway. They misconstrued his opinions as an excuse, and while it was convenient to save his life, he (historically) physically went to sites people were doing such things and told them to stop.
>>
>>1185641
Okay, look, there is a faith, passed on by Christ; then there are people who tried to distort it; they aren't "divisions" of the Church, anymore than the people who wrote the Gnostic Gospels are; they are fabricators who bring in lies, they aren't just organic differences anymore than the Gnostic Gospels are.
>>
File: efiWpKCl.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
efiWpKCl.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>1185634
>I ALSO believe in divine right of kings.
>I ALSO oppose social revolution
Ride the tiger, brother.
>>
>>1185634
That does not remove all the factors, which were the actual core of my statement
Also
>mfw jew defending Luther
>>
>>1185143
Protastants
Not even once
>>
>>1185634

>a woman supports this

Nice Stockholm syndrome you got going on there slut :^)
>>
>>1185645
Back to the original point. So you have no problem with an influential schismatic spreading anti Semitic rhetoric and thus leaving behind precedence for other Jew haters to be just as violent? All because he hated Jews and couldn't hide it anymore do to physical pain?
>>
>>1185648
There was a message, passed on by Christ, then there are people who interpreted it and practiced it. We can see even in NT, in Paul's letters, there were divisions in understanding, some for which he actually scolded people.

I agree there should not be any division, and I was the one who typed above, "we are not biblilians", we are christians. People should just be like, "you believe in Jesus and his message? yeh? good.". There should be none of this "when were you last in confession", "when were you born again", etc etc, that is between the individual and God, not you and me. That is how I interpret the message and if we could just do that, there wouldn't be such schisms or accusations of heresy or any of the other nonsense.
>>
>>1185655
why does /his/ hate them?
>>
>>1185662
Of course I have a problem with the fact that this all became part of his greater philosophy and effort. I do not believe as you that "he always felt that and couldn't anymore hide it". I think that is historically and scholastically disingenuous.
>>
>>1185650
Evola is a heathen
>>
>>1185663
>I believe in unity
>but fuck all Catholic/Orthodox sacraments, everyone should worship like I do!

Is the irony of this lost to you?
>>
>>1185673
I'm pretty sure I didn't say that. You're good at twisting it, though!
>>
>>1185663
These people gain different understandings from introducing it themselves, not from the Apostles teaching these things.

Christ gave the Apostles the office to absolve on his behalf, if they do not forgive your sins, then your sins will not be forgiven, as he put it.
>>
>>1185670
If he behaved in a unchristian manner and especially since it was toward the time close to his death, why do you venerate him and follow his heresy?
>>
>>1185675
>we're all Christians
>but nobody should care about the sacraments, just in some personal relationship American reformist shit

Pretty sure I hit it on the money with my response.
>>
>>1185678
And that authority is not of those men themselves, but by the power of God through them. Same deal, when a miracle happens today, if they happen, did "a person" do that, or did God do that through the person? It may seem like a technicality, but it's a very real consideration. I believe God does it all, not the individual, the individual is a vessel through whom God works. Therefore it's God, all God doing it, regardless of another person being present for the action or otherwise.
>>
>>1185679
Because I believe part of the deeper message of God is that we will always fall short. People were given covenant and they always fall short. Jesus came, not to abolish covenant, but to make a new covenant, and guess what, we will always fall short. We confess to God, in humility to Him, we will always fall short, because we are in this frail, imperfect form. That , I believe, is what it is to be christian, not to be somehow "perfect" or "right", but to try, in humbleness and service to that above us, our creator, who is perfect.
>>
>>1185681
Of course you should care, but you're not going to get it right. Say sorry to God and enjoy your life. That's what He wants, not sorrow and self-loathing, or division.
>>
>>1185687
Fair enough, after all Peter denied Jesus three times and Catholics consider him the first Pope.

I still think Luther and the like had no authority to do what they did and are still the worst thing to happen to Christianity thus far.
>>
>>1185682
>And that authority is not of those men themselves, but by the power of God through them.
That's true, but what is your point? God gave that office to the Apostles, not to everyone; you don't have to get everyone to forgive your sin for God to absolve it, you just need someone who has the Apostolic office.
>>
>this thread
holy shit Christianity really is a joke
you fuckers can't stop infighting
>>
>>1185539
>He called for wholesale slaughter of Jews and peasants, and said God told him to.

Hmm... where have I heard this before... oh that's right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades
>>
>>1185719
Truth isn't about compromise.
>>
>>1185700
Yes, well, "Apostolic office" holds a different meaning for you than me, because interpretation of 1 Peter 2:9. The practice is appropriate to attend church and confess (doesn't have to be in a little room, and doesn't even have to be in a structure at all) and God does it, not the person.

That, I think, if you're going to hold fast, is simply a matter of the way either of us read the words, and it's between us as individuals and God, not between you and I. You shouldn't care if my sins are forgiven, you should treat me as one of God's creations, and I you.
>>
>>1185723
>>1185566
>>
>>1185726
What do you think Christ means when he tells his Apostles that anything they forgive, God will forgive, and anything they don't, God won't?
>>
>>1185719
>>1185724
Unity doesn't necessarily mean uniformity. You live in a nation with people who don't think as you do, entirely, always. I live in a community of christians and likewise we won't always agree. Base level, it's between me and God, you and God, not you and me.

And hey, if indeed someone is teaching someone wrong and there is some danger to that person's mortal soul, don't you believe enough in God's power and wisdom to see that and know the difference?

If you're a christian, have a little faith. He will sort it out.
>>
>>1185734
I think, if you want to be literal about John 20, those people are not literally alive anymore, and it's convenient for your argument to neglect that point.
>>
>>1185728
So this one symbolic act, justifies the millennia long pogroms and antisemitism in the name of Christianity towards Jews?

Whole villages of Christians literally believes the Jews poisoned wells, and all of this shit continued into the modern era.
>>
>>1185724
All of you believe you have the truth, all of you have valid arguments against the other denomations but they can never be decisive, this is why you are always infighting and why Christianity is a joke
>>
>>1185736
It's up to mankind to help each other save ourselves. God doesn't predetermine our salvation, free will exists.

And now that Christian can mean supporting secular humanist ideas like free love, active homosexuals being priests and other sinful acts you're damned wrong that "we're all Christians, so don't judge how I worship God."

Especially when you hypocritically berate those who follow the apostolic succession and sacraments.
>>
>>1185719

>China
holy shit China really is a joke
you fuckers can't stop infighting
>>
>>1185747
The fuck are you talking about? Popes repeatedly called for the protection of Jews.
>>
>>1185272
What? Even when I was like 9 we got wine and proper unleavened bread. What's wrong with a sip of wine?
>>
>>1185736
When it comes to the deposit of faith, unity means uniformity. Christ's teachings can't be altered

>>1185746
That's true, but they passed on their office. That's why Peter refers to others given the office as fellows in 1 Peter 5:1

>>1185747
Okay, but Luther was the spokesman encouraging it, whereas the Catholics spokesmen denounced it. Pretty big difference. There was also all sorts of rape and crime, but there is a big difference between that being common and it being encouraged.
>>
>>1185753
>It's up to mankind to help each other save ourselves

Oh, no. No. No. No. No. Jesus' perfect act of sacrifice saves people. You do not save people. I do not save people. We do not even, really "save ourselves". We cleave to Jesus and believe in His message, and he has already done all the saving.
>>
>>1185751
None of them except us have an unchanging conception of the truth. Why should we be polite when they distort the truth that has been unchanged for us since Christ?
>>
>>1185763
That message still has to be accepted by the individual and then spread by human lips.

Had the Apostles followed your lead they'd convert no one and never travel to spread the Word believing God would do it for them.
>>
>>1185758
>Popes repeatedly called for the protection of Jews.

Like I said. Symbolic act. It didn't stop pogroms from happening, and it didn't stop whole scores of Jews being evicted from countries and regions of countries because of hearsay bullshit and superstition.
>>
>>1185769
You really can't be pulled out of your mindset can you? You're hopeless.
a.fucking.joke
>>
>>1185763

To add...

I will tell you right now, you and I won't entirely meet eye to eye on this because of the disparity between "monergism vs synergism", and that is a wide canyon, across which we're communicating on the matter, maybe the most important to some people.

http://www.gotquestions.org/monergism-vs-synergism.html

See, to me, synergists (radical reformation) actually limit, or take away, the power of Jesus' actions, and assign that power to themselves or others. THAT is, supposedly, the unpardonable sin, to say the power of the spirit is in the hands of another.

That's one of the things " I " have to just trust God about that He will sort out. I don't personally like it much at all, it's a bad philosophy from bad interpretation, but it will be ok in the end.
>>
>>1185775
and if they had not, would God somehow cease to exist? Would God stop the power of his grace because no one again told each other?

No, I don't believe He would.
>>
>>1185776
How's this for a symbolic act? Bishops in Germany and Hungary tried to hide Jews in their manors and even tried to bribe the People's Crusade peasants to leave the Jews alone.

They just stormed the manor and killed the Jews inside.

That was active acts of Christian charity against fanatics who lost the meaning of Christianity.

Meanwhile Luther encouraged pogroms.
>>
>>1185779
You do realize relativism is completely incompatible Christianity, right?
>>
>>1185663
>>1185736
>>1185763

If you're going to deny the truth of the sacraments (Catholic or Orthodox), then you may as well not be Christian. Christianity, from it's very beginning was about building a community of believers that
in Saint Augustine's (paraphased) words "Build the City of God". No one Christian can build this City by himself. Likewise, no one's faith is between himself and God alone. Faith, Love and Charity are the gifts that God has given us to build this City. The Sacraments are God's dispensations onto man that continue to give us Everlasting Life along with the aforementioned gifts to give us strength to continue to build this City. Remember, faith without works is dead and the ultimate goal of our work is to build the City of God. Thus, if we just act like our faith affects only us, then we won't even get started in the first place.
>>
>>1185789
Yes, that's a fact. Christianity is a joke, also a fact. Next question.
>>
File: 1435835524457.png (39KB, 538x544px) Image search: [Google]
1435835524457.png
39KB, 538x544px
>christcucks will defend this
>>
>>1185374
>you realize that there is nothing preventing you from marrying her
>convert to Protestantism right then and there using a bowl of straight tap water
>>
>>1185789
>relativism is incompatible with Christianity
>What is divine command theory

lyl
>>
>>1185784
>God not exist
God would still exist
>would God withhold his Grace?
According to Catholicism no, heathens have invincible ignorance which means there is still a chance for salvation if a pagan never heard or truly understood the Word.
>>
>>1185792
Relativism is a joke
>>
>>1185798
If God is synonymous with truth, then that's not relative.
>>
>>1185802
truth is relative :^
>>
>>1185791
The way we go about doing that, constructing that, participating in the architecture, is different in your view than mine. I believe very much in evangelizing, as I believe I'm doing now, but not so much sticking my nose in other peoples' business or being thought police.

I believe communication is a two way street and if I run about proselytizing without being prompted or asked then people are not going to receive the message appropriately and I'm not really witnessing, but babbling to thin air.

We all work together to take care of one another, and in the event someone wants to know how or why I think the way I do, I am prepared to show and tell it. I'm not going to get all up in someone's monkey grill who doesn't want to hear it, isn't going to take the information and disseminate it appropriately. Nor do I believe that is of benefit to myself or benefit to God.
>>
>>1185803
No, truth is a living being who reveals himself. Perception is relative; perception is not synonymous with truth.
>>
>>1185800
Christianity is an extremely long joke without a punchline
>>
>>1185802
>If God is synonymous with truth

Yes it is. Because if he can command whatever he wants to become morally good, it's simply based on his whims, which makes it relativistic.
>>
>>1185584
damn, even reform Jews limit themselves to just using novel melodies and telling people which page number to turn to
>>
>>1185811
What is morally good is that which brings us closer to God, to salvation, to *theosis*.
>>
>>1185804
So do you believe Christians who legitimately follow the sacraments can be saved by God through these acts? You blast the belief in the sacraments, so I wonder if you think those kind of Christians can be saved?
>>
>>1185791
Also, it's kind of hurtful for you to imply I "deny truth of sacraments". I understand differently than you do, I deny none of it.
>>
>>1185820
>What is morally good is that which brings us closer to God

Which is whatever God commands it to be, which can be genocide, as is what happened in the Old Testament.
>>
>>1185572
>no physical condition drives someone who advocate wholesale murder of peasants and Jews
Mental symptoms do and are often correlated with physical ones.
>>
>>1185272
In my country we eat these weird white discs that you're forbidden from chewing on, and no one drinks the wine but the priest who just takes a sip.
>>
>>1185825
I believe people who believe they are legitimately following the sacraments are already saved, and they would be doing that anyway. I also believe people who do not do those things perfectly also had Jesus sent for them, and indeed the whole world. I never have once in this conversation knocked people participating in what would be considered obedience to God, or even what they consider obedience to God which I may or may not consider true. I'm "saying" there are different ways that can be understood, and God is aware of that fact as well, and will sort it out.
>>
>>1185650
The scantron isn't going to pick up the marks.
>>
File: 7h5ytgrer.jpg (17KB, 300x288px) Image search: [Google]
7h5ytgrer.jpg
17KB, 300x288px
>>1185634
>I ALSO believe in divine right of kings. I ALSO oppose social revolution. That doesn't mean I think peasants are "no better than straw". The poor are the heart of the Christian laity.
>>
You know, spreading God's word doesn't come with qualifiers. Maybe , indeed , we're supposed to just run around every waking hour professing belief in God to the point of making people sick of listening to us and rejecting us, and thus God, completely. Does this seem like a practical way of going about doing things? Does it sound productive? Or my way, from >>1185804
??
>>
>>1185837
Seems like a good position to hold. Very ecumenical and if I recall the Vatican II council had a big emphasis on ecumenical sentiment.

Well hope you keep the faith, I'll depart now but know that while I do not believe laymen can perform the sacraments on themselves I put my faith that God will save who he wishes even if they do not follow the steps created by the Catholic church perfectly. Which IMO should include you.
>>
>>1185857
Peace, man.
>>
>>1185854
I think the first way worked best when Christianity was still spreading and not the dominant religion.

Now that the West is culturally Christian, the passive way is good to gather lapsed Christians who waver in faith and need a good example to be shown.

The first way still has its place of importance though, Christ called for the Word to be preached after all.
>>
>>1185143
>go to protestard church
>be surprised it's a joke
>>
>>1185199

Pope says gay marriage is from satan
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/pope-francis-same-sex-marriage-move-father-lies-total-rejection-gods-law
Pope Francis speaks against Gay adoption
http://wdtprs.com/blog/2013/12/pope-francis-shocked-by-gay-adoption-urges-bishop-to-speak-against-it-boldly/
Compares trans rights to nuclear arms race
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/pope-francis-compares-arguments-for-transgender-rights-to-nuclear-arms-race-10061223.html
Pope Francis says that there's no salvation outside the Church
http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2013/06/03/pope-francis-is-under-attack-for-saying-that-outside-the-church-there-is-no-salvation-its-a-poke-in-the-eye-says-one-presbyterian-why-hes-wrong/
He excommunicates an Australian priest supporting gay marriage and women clergy
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/24/pope-francis-excommunicates-priest-greg-reynolds_n_3983059.html
Pope Francis is against gender theory and for traditional gender roles
http://ncronline.org/blogs/francis-chronicles/pope-francis-gender-theory-problem-not-solution
Pope is against abortion
http://www.lifenews.com/2015/09/23/pope-francis-on-abortions-innocent-victims-its-wrong-to-look-the-other-way-or-remain-silent/
He Encourages the use of force against ISIS
http://www.businessinsider.com/pope-francis-endorses-use-of-force-against-isis-in-iraq-2014-8
Pope Francis is against lukewarm "faith"
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-off-the-cuff-to-priests-religious-indifference-makes-god-vomit-69700/
The Pope is misquoted often
http://www.christianpost.com/buzzvine/7-times-pope-francis-was-misquoted-132679/
The Pope Rebukes Communist Cross
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/bolivia/11729834/Pope-rebukes-Bolivias-President-Evo-Morales-for-gift-of-crucifix-mounted-on-hammer-and-sickle.html
>>
>>1185272
The point of symbolism is the symbols inspire joy and awe, they just be fucking beautiful. What's even the point of symbolic gestures if they are ugly and disgusting, you may as well use your imagination. You could use a stale cracker and a bottle of piss, but it's not the same as bread and wine.
>>
>>1185870
RCCIDF pls go, and stay go.
>>
>>1185874

Who?

Just pointing out that >muh pc pope isn't real.
>>
>Pope Francis is against lukewarm "faith"
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-off-the-cuff-to-priests-religious-indifference-makes-god-vomit-69700/

I'm not going to hound on each and every point, but this one in particular I have an issue with. Verbatim in text, it is not "lukewarm faith". It is "churches" which are hot or cold, not lukewarm, and the way it's expressed here displays a sordid misunderstanding of the intent, even from a position of acceptance of variable interpretation. It simply is not the correct context.
>>
File: image.png (498KB, 675x454px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
498KB, 675x454px
>>1185870
Why does the Pope suck up to Muslims, but denounce transgender kids? Aren't his priorities a bit messed up?
>>
>>1185882
The practice of allowing a child to believe he or she is "transgender" is abuse, and that is outside of my religious conviction, but as a parent with experience with child minds. It's a surrender to nonsense, and they transgender child has more dysmorphic issues, deeper, which surface as "well maybe I'm the wrong gender". That should not be in a person's mind before early adulthood and then it's debatable.
>>
>>1185876
Yes, with your copypasta you have around just for that point.
>>
File: 996660[1].jpg (31KB, 406x259px) Image search: [Google]
996660[1].jpg
31KB, 406x259px
>>1185283
Pic related - It happened in an orthodox country under an orthodox leader, the ones impaled are Islamist's.
>>
>>1185895
Lying to your children and telling them a retributive all-powerful all-seeing wizard man demands strict adherence to a complicated and often counter-intuitive list of arbitrary rules, which they'll necessarily always fail to do, and threaten them with eternal torture and instruct them to abandon critical thinking, philosophical investigation into ethics, and often human empathy, in favor of unquestioning conformity to a herd-mind chasing around stone-age Jewish cult myths, is child abuse in my experience as a parent.
>>
>>1185143
Vatican 2 everyone.
>>
>>1186094
Why have any traditions at all? They all boil down to something observed in a more barbaric time, carried forward with various palatable flavor.
>>
>>1186094
>in my experience as a parent.
jesus don't turn your son into a faggot
>>
>>1185283
>got taken over by islam and atheists
Yeah anon but in a hundreds of years of fighting and wars, also bordering them. Catholicism and protestantism is being taken over by islam and atheism with buttholes open and "welcome abdulah" waving through the air. Orthodoxy is the only true christianity, everything else is weak.
>>
>>1186103
We shouldn't feel compelled to carry any traditions whatsoever. If a tradition is harmless or even condusive to critical thinking, philosophical engagement and fostering universal human empathy and cooperation, then it's fine. Religion is not fine in this way.
>>
>>1186094
Gotta agree. I took everything I was told by hell-threatening Irish Catholic parents completely seriously. I got burned once in the stove and my grandma told me it would feel like that all over my body all the time forever if I wasn't good. I literally thought any sequence of my internal monologue even tangentially related to lust was Satan speaking in my mind. I used to punch myself in the face at night because I thought I was worthless and God didn't love me.

Now I realize I can make any God think anything of anyone, because they're all in peoples heads.
>>
>>1186094
>wizard man
>strict adherence
>arbitrary rules
>abandon critical thinking
>abandon philosophical investigation
>unquestioning conformity
>herd-mind
>stone age

I'm almost with you on the "threat of eternal torture", except to wonder how you're going to explain spiritual things when your kid asks, like "what happens when we die". You can "say" nothing happens, and find out 2 years later he's the grand wizard autist neckbeard of stonehenge. How much did you fix?
>>
>>1186110
Yeh, you're a bit young-minded yet. You will change.
>>
>>1186115
>I used to punch myself in the face at night because I thought I was worthless and God didn't love me.
sounds like autism to me
>>
>>1186119
No u
>>
>>1186123
Yup. But only in the presence of the lord
>>
>>1186116
My daughter is going to be a neckbearded Stonehenge wizard because I told her (the truth, not fantastical wishful thinking for adult-sized children) that death is final?
>>
>>1186131
you'd be lying to her by saying that as well

how the fug would you know what death is like?
>>
/his/ didnt shill anything.
/pol/ should all be fucking lynched for ruining best board
>>
>>1186149
Christianity is /pol/?
>>
File: view of st. mary's.jpg (119KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
view of st. mary's.jpg
119KB, 620x387px
>>1185143
Pic is my church.
It's over 900 years old. It is ancient. Even before Christianity came to these islands, there was a pagan site there.
Here is the website of my church.

http://www.stmarysbarnardcastle.org.uk/welcome.htm

It's next to my home. A two minute walk.
I attend the traditional service on Sunday at 8am. And Evensong. We use the King James Bible and the Book of Common Prayer.

My wife is Scottish Presbyterian, but we only have Anglican, Catholic and Methodist churches in my town (because it's England), so she attends service with me.
My daughter goes to the Methodist church as they are less traditional than my church, and have loads of activities for teenagers. She sometimes attends church with us, and I sometimes attend the Methodist church with her.
>>
>>1186148
Occam's razor. Stop deluding yourself.
>>
File: 1462863566999.jpg (45KB, 390x461px) Image search: [Google]
1462863566999.jpg
45KB, 390x461px
>Protestants
There's your problem, OP.
>tfw you're going to a Mass at a cathedral tonight because your brother is graduating from Catholic school this week
>>
>>1186149
>This cognitive dissonance
>>
>>1185143
My church ain't no bloody fun fare. Because your church hit rock bottom does not define all of christianity.
>>
>>1185143
>for communion they give us potato chips and soda because "communion is supposed to be fun"

>Typically its done with water crackers and grape juice tho.

This is why american protestants piss me the fuck off. REALLY? They can't even into basic christianity.
>>
File: tumblr_nderflt74P1qzpyz2o6_1280.jpg (286KB, 905x647px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nderflt74P1qzpyz2o6_1280.jpg
286KB, 905x647px
When I used to go it was cubed bread and bitter juice. Apparently some churches still give out real wine even to the kids which I don't see the point of.
>>
>>1185610
catholic here. No. You are full of shit. kys.
>>
>>1185619
>which is why Eastern and Oriental recognize each other's Sacraments, but neither recognizes the RCC sacraments.
So much cognitive dissonance. That pretty much proves the OC are the schismatics and not the CC
>>
>>1186165
>no proof
>atheism literally a modern invention share by only a very edgy limited numbrer of individuals
>religion and the idea of afterlife have always existed throughout human history

occam razor my ass
>>
File: biscuitsandgravy.jpg (25KB, 418x415px) Image search: [Google]
biscuitsandgravy.jpg
25KB, 418x415px
I belong to the Church of England Reformed and they just started using biscuits and gravy at communion.

They say communion should be "funlicious".
>>
>>1185143
Maybe consider that you should find something better to waste your time on other then silly superstitions that were imposed on your ancestors by deceit and force? Go out and get a woman or some shit, even if you have to pay for her services.
>>
File: image.jpg (10KB, 237x192px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 237x192px
>going to protestant churches
>>
>>1186389
Other Catholic here, they do.

Catholic churches are going all out trying to ape protestants in a last ditch effort to boost mass numbers. Maybe not in Poland or Mexico or somewhere, but in the west Catholicism is fucked.
>>
>>1185610
>They absolutely use projectors and guitars at Mass, I know because I've been to one.
I've been to hundreds, and no they do not. Maybe there are a few cases but it is far from "the norm"
>>
>>1186406
t.constantine
>>
>>1186406
put back your trip on
>>
File: phenomeno-snapback-fedora-hat-5.jpg (18KB, 413x323px) Image search: [Google]
phenomeno-snapback-fedora-hat-5.jpg
18KB, 413x323px
>>1185634
>I ALSO believe in divine right of kings.
>>
>>1186421
>>1186417
Orthodoxy isn't much better, at this point it's just a big platform for people asshurt about leftism - including all the channers than "convert".

But they don't even try to make a mad dash to boost church goers.
>>
File: chippy-irnbru.jpg (115KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
chippy-irnbru.jpg
115KB, 640x480px
I belong to the Church of Scotland and they just started using chips and Irn Bru at communion.

The cunts say communion should be "phenomenal-icious". We Scots often say a vinegared chip perfectly symbolises Christ's "sweaty, pungent Levantine frame" and that his blood was "made in Scotland from Girders" much like Irn Bru.
>>
>>1186406
>Catholic churches are going all out trying to ape protestants in a last ditch effort to boost mass numbers. Maybe not in Poland or Mexico or somewhere, but in the west Catholicism is fucked.
I live in the west. I'm not catholic but I was raised catholic and still have to go to weddings, funerals etc. I've never seen any of that and I've been to hundreds of masses. The only time I've ever seen a microphone was when the family is speaking at a funeral or when we had our school graduation ceremony in the church. The only time I've ever seen a television was in a protestant Cathedral that also holds Greek and Romanian orthdox mass, as well as cultural events (it's a historical church)
>>
>>1186070
Dracula was catholic, u fool.
>>
>>1185374
She hot tho, Would convert to catholicism.
>>
>>1186461
I've never seen a television in a church not even a protestant one but microphones are all over the place, even old churches here have microphones.

However newer churches have projectors more or less as standard, and acoustic guitars aren't exactly uncommon either in my experience in a lot of places.
>>
>>1186389
It might be an American thing, my Parish has had a guitarist leading our music for years. He's really terrible at it, desu, I think it only goes on because 1) muh folk Mass (I wish I'd been born before Vatican II) and 2) nobody wants to rock the boat, as it were, and tell the priest to find someone to replace him.
Whenever I go to a Mass at a materially nicer church than mine, I feel a spiritual difference.
>>
>>1186477
I don't know how common projectors are but microphones, yeah, pretty much everywhere.
>>
>>1185143
LCMS
Orthodox
or
Catholicism SSPX

or you are wasting your time with post-Christian deism.

Post-Christian deism is just a bunch of feel good bs.
>>
>>1185199
>With this new pope ,anything is possible
The Pope can't make the Eucharist "fun." Making it "fun" like OP described is blaphemy of the highest caliber and any Catholic who sees that is duty and honorbound to report it to the Bishop for retribution and correction. If the Bishop condones it, keep going up.

Remember the Priest delivering a Homily on a moped around the Church? He got in a LOT of trouble for doing that.
>>
>>1185374
>those vestments
>priest
No. Not even close.
>>
>>1185483
>we have a personal relationship with the lord and savior Jesus Christ
Anyone who says this says it with same inflection and intent as "I have a personal computer." Think of people like Stephanie Germonatta, that bitch champions things that the Church declares abhorrent and she falls back on "muh personal relationship with Jesus!"
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 500x420px
>>1185534
>"heaven tickets"
That's not what an Indulgence is nor are they exclusively one thing. Google "Holy Door." That's a kind of Indulgence.

In Luther's day, the Church wanted to build some big beautiful Cathedrals and needed funds so they asked parishoners if they'd like to donate to help make new churches. Building new churches acts as an Indulgence. Now some greedy dick priests decided to just charge people for indulgences and pocket everything for themselves. These priests are looked upon with disgust both then and now. Why did they do that? They were human, humans fuck up.

Or if you mean "buying a mass to get my late husband into heaven," it's a pittance in the name of "the wage-earner deserves his pay." And dickhead priests who extorted for it were always in the wrong for it.
>>
>>1186455
>Church of Scotland
Fucking heresy.
>>
>>1186099
No. Vat2 had nothing to do with that. Even suggesting that at Vat2 would've earned you looks of disgust and scorn.
>>
>>1186737
k, be sure to change this wiki page, along with the rest of recorded history with your revisionist version, plz. kthx.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indulgence
>>
Longtime agnostic who is considering going to church again for the morals and community, which flavor of Christianity or similar Jew based religion should I look into? I have gone to Catholic and Methodist churches with my grandparents when I was young, and my parents went to an evangelical for awhile. I don't give a shit about abortion or gays, and would prefer a church that doesn't harp on such things. I would also prefer one that believes in national borders and defending your culture with force if necessary, none of this modern Catholic cuckold shit or Lutheran refugee resettlement. What should I do? I initially asked /pol/ as they meme about being a Christian board, but I hope there are some better answers here.
>>
>>1186837
>none of this modern Catholic cuckold shit
Like? Lutherans were the ones advocating we remove crosses because they'd offend the Muzzies.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 224x216px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 224x216px
>>1186822
>abbreviations like those
>>
>>1186855
I'm mostly unhappy with the pope welcoming invaders into Europe. There is a place for charity, even towards savages, but what he is doing is actively attempting to harm european people and destroy their culture.
>>
>>1185143
>protestant """"""""churches""""""""""
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zCvshyvYRw
>>
>>1186872
Don't Christians have an obligation to care for these people, though? What about the parable of the good Samaritan?
>>
>>1186862
umad?

u seem mad.
>>
>>1186872
Because European culture today isn't "USA's cuckold".

ok. seems legit.
>>
>>1185836
Same in Poland
>>
>>1186898
If we really cared about them we would stop destabilizing their countries and create refugee camps in the affected counties, but that's a pol discussion.
>>
>>1186920
You don't have to be like that. Europe has alot of things in everyday life that aren't American, like McDonalds, Microsoft, Disneyland, Hollywood, Levi Strauss, Taco Bell, WalMart, Kraft, Nestle, Activision... the list goes on and on. Why do you think American culture is so much better?
>>
>>1185143
>they give us potato chips and soda

Americans.
>>
>converting because retards on an image board tell you too
You are trolling right op?
>>
>>1185301
This. Pay to go to heaven fellow goy~
>>
>>1185374
Better than catholic women who are almost all sluts.
>>
Why is 4chan filled with Catholics? It's the religion of spics and poor people.
>>
>>1185870
All religion is riddled with hypocrisy and an incomprehensible amount of contradictions, why should this be any surprise?
>>
>>1187350
Catholicism is the Truth.
By saying that it is for spics and poor people you are only proving that you are inferior to them.
>>
>>1187350
Most of them are pedophiles.
>>
File: 12341235366.png (188KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
12341235366.png
188KB, 960x640px
>>1186160
looks like a really comfy way to waste your life m8
>>
>>1186837
>Hello I'm looking for a church so I can roleplay as a crusader
>preferably one that actively works against christian values
you /pol/acks are awful
>>
>>1185199
I remember I went to Catholic church a few weeks ago for a family member who died. In the middle of it the priest had all the children come to the altar área to sit around him as he asked them questions out loud like what would you do in your last 30 minutes on Earth if you knew you were going to die. And if he liked the answer he'd throw candy at them.
>>
>>1187357
Gee, that's funny. I thought Jesus said He was the truth.
>>
File: 2prjm6md.png (137KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
2prjm6md.png
137KB, 396x382px
>>1185143
>>see /his/ shill for Christianity a lot
Things that never happened: The /leftypol/ Thread
>>
Atheist master race
>>
>>1187425
Confirmed for never browsing this board. Tripfags whine about it all the time.
>>
>>1186754
Aye get to fuck you uneducated wanker. Everyone accepts that Jesus came to Scotland and lived in Highlands during the lost years (age 12-30)
>>
>>1185143
We all know it's bullshit anon, but most people need a religion and christianity provides a relatively harmless one and without Christianity nations start to descend into nihilism and embrace Islam
>>
>considering any church to be objectively the best
>considering institutionalised faith as anything but corruption and manipulation of Christ's teaching
>believing churches have any interest besides maintaining and reproducing themselves

Why do you need someone to tell you what you think about a book? Do it for yourselves. You are as bad as Buddhists.
>>
>>1186625
>Catholicism SSPX
Fuck off prodde.
>>
File: gb1332037.jpg (15KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
gb1332037.jpg
15KB, 300x225px
>>1185184
>>1186109
lol, the orthodox church is shrinking, so priest go to 4chan to shill for their church.
>>
File: 1446573129989.jpg (33KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1446573129989.jpg
33KB, 640x640px
>>1185143
Fucking prots
>>
>>1187578
t. protestant.
>>
>>1185184
>>1186109
>Orthodoxy is the only true christianity, everything else is weak.
So that's why Orthodoxy let the Holy Land fall, correct? That's why it's been a slave to the government?
>>
File: 1450372885860.png (2MB, 1212x1564px) Image search: [Google]
1450372885860.png
2MB, 1212x1564px
>>1187705
Eastern Orthodoxy is a joke, it's clear they need the guidance of the Bishop of Rome if only they'd just fucking accept it. Their theology is garbage, they are corrupt from top to bottom (more so than the Catholic Church), they are constantly hijacked by secular or anti-christian government entities because they lack a strong central leadership of their own, and only recently have the even been able to rid themselves of pagan sects (mostly).

Wizard robes and beards aren't enough to cover the glaring faults of this shambling excuse of a church.
>>
>>1185143
At my church they use bread and water, but say that anything that is available, as long as it represents Christ, is okay. I'm Mormon btw.
>>
>>1187736
This thread is about Christian churches.
>>
>>1187736
>At my church they use bread and water
That's heresy.
>I'm Mormon btw
Of course you are.
>>
>>1187741
>mormons arent christian
>>
>>1187750
They are not.
>>
>>1187750
Mormons are about as Christian as Muslims, habibi
>>
>>1187750
They aren't.
>>
>>1187752
>>1187754
>>1187756
>first article of faith
>"we believe in god the eternal father and in his son jesus christ and in the holy ghost"
I think you haven't looked into our church very much.
>>
>>1187766
>I think you haven't looked into our church very much.
Why should I look at a heresy? At least Luther, fucking Luther was a priest before he went full retard, so that kinda barely justifies it. But Mormons, no, Joseph Smith wasn't a priest, or an ex-priest.
>>
>>1186959
Nestle is a European company
>>
>>1187766
Mormons are literal fucking polytheists, they believe that Jesus and God are two distinct beings and explicitly deny the Trinity. Not to mention all the other mad theological deviances.

If Mormons are Christian then Christians are Jewish.
>>
>>1187775
Luther was a monk wasn't he?
>>
>>1187787
Still blessed by the Pope until he went full retard. What does Joseph Smith have?
>>
File: tumblr_m2m4t3AExn1rpakmso1_500.jpg (87KB, 409x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2m4t3AExn1rpakmso1_500.jpg
87KB, 409x600px
>>1187578
>still thinking jesus is a historical figure
I bet you still believe moses and the jewish exodus was real too yeah?
>>
>>1187791
Joseph Smith was a Protestant, who at least believed in the bible, but got confused by all the different belief systems, and prayed to God for an answer as to which one is true.
>>
>>1185143
The substance used as a species for the Eucharist doesn't matter. Upon epiklesis, even a single drop of wine -- or soda, in this case -- will transubstantiate into the entirety of Christ's Precious Blood while retaining the accidents of soda, viz. liquid, brown, carbonated, acrid/sweet, etc. You recieved all of Christ's body and all of Christ's blood, in spite of outward appearances, through the mystery of the Blessed Sacrament.
>>
>>1187808
>Joseph Smith was a Protestant, who at least believed in the bible, but got confused by all the different belief systems, and prayed to God for an answer as to which one is true.
>A Protestant
So nothing.
>>
File: image.jpg (136KB, 720x547px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 720x547px
Reminder that Proddies are subhuman
>>
>>1187829

yeah but they're eating chips and soda for pleasure.
>>
>>1185830
At the best, that was morally neutral.God forbid David from building his temple due to the blood on David's hands, even though David waged the wars at God's behest.
>>
>>1185214
There are theories about that. None of them stand up to historical evidence. Jesus was real, he really resurrected, the message of Christianity at that time was viewed as nothing but deplorable. Yet here we are.
>>
>>1187705
Exactly!
>>
>>1185897
It's the single most common criticism of the pope. Why is it surprising that he would have it around?
>>
>>1187859
Wouldn't you feel pleasure at being saved by the Holy Spirit?
>>
>>1185143
Wow. Way to misconceive the entire damn thing, OP.
>>
>>1187939
>he really resurrected
Nope, you have no reliable evidence for this claim.

>the message of Christianity at that time was viewed as nothing but deplorable
There was no one singular christian message after the execution of Jesus.
>>
>>1185543
As bad as an Orthodox transgender tripfag?

Unlikely.
>>
>>1188221
He's transgender? Somehow I knew this.
>>
>>1188547
Nah. It's just a running joke, I guess
>>
>>1188547
It's something he/she regrets because it is "against God's will" or something. There was an interesting thread about it awhile ago but it got deleted.
>>
>>1188617
Uh, I'm not a transsexual, never have been, never had any such inclination, never will, there was never any thread like that. You're making stuff up
>>
File: 7g2SXjv.jpg (67KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
7g2SXjv.jpg
67KB, 500x397px
>>1188639
Thou shalt not bear false witness, faggot. I was there and I saw that thread. You can lie to God and say that you're happy being an Orthodox heretic but you can't lie to some stranger on the internet and say that that thread didn't happen.
>>
>>1188690
If it exists, then it would be on desustorage
>>
>mfw protestants eat potato chips instead of communion wafers
>mfw protestants drink grape soda instead of wine
>mfw protestants baptize their children with straight tap water
>mfw protestants play acoustic Creed covers during services
>mfw protestants preach from abridged, annotated Bibles
>mfw protestants have storefront "churches" between the GameStop and the UPS store
>>
>>1188788
>mfw protestants use gender-neutral pronouns for God
>>
File: 1463910623711.jpg (169KB, 600x739px) Image search: [Google]
1463910623711.jpg
169KB, 600x739px
You should do a coup in the Church OP.

Show everyone /pol/ memes on the down low then when you're ready kick the ass of the top church man and tell everyone to remove kebab
>>
/his/ is a Christian board? I thought it was a meme
>>
>>1186165
>unfalsifiable construct based on inherently subjective rationalism
nice "evidence"
>>
>>1185143
That's what you get for going to a Protestant church.
Go find your nearest Orthodox church and speak to the priest.
>>
>>1188788
The evangelical church I used to go to had communion less than once a month. The one my family went to before that didn't even sing Christmas hymns on Christmas Eve. Those were two of the biggest events that really turned me off to Protestantism
>>
>>1186406
Perhaps some churches do this, but I go to a fair number of masses all across the states and I've literally never seen this. Perhaps euro churches are desperate, but in the US catholicism is doing fine.
>>
>>1189008
Because the US has a constant flow of Mexicans.
>>
>>1188788
In defense of the prot storefront churches, not everyone has Vatican money. Land isn't cheap after all.
>>
>>1185776
And that had nothing to do with the Church because the Catholic church was always telling them to cut that shit out
Symbolic act my ass
>>
File: Get Fucked 4.png (118KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Get Fucked 4.png
118KB, 1000x1000px
>>1185589
>It's the norm for both Protestantism and the RCC
>>1185610
>They absolutely use projectors and guitars at Mass, I know because I've been to one.
>>
>>1186373

If a sip of wine kills your kid there was probably something wrong with it in the first place.
>>
>>1185870
Yet we got images of the pope kissing mudslime's literal ass.
>>
>>1191370
he's just biding his time, carefully waiting for public opinion to become more and more anti-Muslim so he can call a crusade to re-Christianize Europe and free Constantinople
it's what he's been discussing with the Russian Patriarch, he wants the Orthodox in on the action as well
>>
>>1191382
sure anon
>>
File: >One >Catholic >Orthodox.png (1MB, 1200x2000px) Image search: [Google]
>One >Catholic >Orthodox.png
1MB, 1200x2000px
>>1187726
>that pic
saved
>>
File: 1400960441727.jpg (97KB, 475x699px) Image search: [Google]
1400960441727.jpg
97KB, 475x699px
>>1187750
Correct. Joseph Smith was a conman whose deceitful works have been thoroughly debunked.
http://cesletter.com/Letter-to-a-CES-Director.pdf

>But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.
Galatians 1:8-9
>>
>>1191382
As usual, exactly the opposite is true. The momma's boys of Catholicism and the momma's boys of Islam will unite under demonic Marian apparitions to worship the Antichrist.
>>
>>1193086
>implying the whore of babylon is not protestantism
>>
>>1185143
>letting people on an anonymous imageboard shape your religious and philosophical beliefs instead of using your own brain

woooow
>>
>>1185143
>Christianity is a joke

Was it a catholic church? Vatican II and the new mass are a modernist, relativist joke.
>>
>Christianity

when will you niggers stop falling for Judaism+Jesus and embrace Buddhism?
>>
>>1187750
They believe God is a created being and you can become a god too.
>>
>>1193612
Are you retarded? Go back to >>>/pol/ cuck.
>>
>>1190418
true
>>
>>1185291
Literally this
Christianity is amazing and effective as fuck when it's in a struggle for survival but stupid and ineffective when it grows complacent
>>
File: 4 (B&W).jpg (312KB, 610x773px) Image search: [Google]
4 (B&W).jpg
312KB, 610x773px
>>1193619
Much of what we know of Buddha is passed down from legends and oral traditions. There are no written works mentioning him until several centuries after his death. The earliest written texts detailing his life and teachings are dated nearly 500 years after his death. Particular details about him, including finer details of his philosophy, are impossible to know with any certainty.

>See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. For in Him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, and you have been filled in Him, who is the head of all rule and authority.
Colossians 2:8-10

>>1193678
He's not wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWo-7uVR8yI
>>
>>1194140
>being a protestant while pretending to be a Catholic
>>
File: 1453907402343.gif (452KB, 478x482px) Image search: [Google]
1453907402343.gif
452KB, 478x482px
>>1194150
>being a Catholic who rejects heresy makes you a proddy
>>
>>1194210
>isn't in communion with the Church
>spits on the Peter by saying there isn't anyone in the seat
>follows a dead Pope
>acts like fucking Martin Luther the autistic faggot and makes a splinter group
>has the fucking gall to call me a fucking heretic for staying in the Latin Church and defending the fucking faith here and on /pol/.
Burn in hell proddy.
>>
File: 1447792365340.jpg (59KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1447792365340.jpg
59KB, 499x499px
>>1194220
>implying I'm sedevacantist
>implying sedevacantists are proddies
>implying all the previous Popes wouldn't be disgusted by Vatican II's heresies
>implying all the previous Popes are proddies
Read Matthew 24. Related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1o4V6gxXpk

PS: enjoy those potato chips and soda
>>
>>1194234
>>implying I'm sedevacantist
>Implying you aren't
>>implying sedevacantists are proddies
>aren't in communion with the Church
>is schismatic
>not retarded proddies
>>implying all the previous Popes wouldn't be disgusted by Vatican II's heresies
>the only change was Latin to whatever the locals are speaking
>still hasn't done anything else
>>implying all the previous Popes are proddies
>being retarded
I bet you want me to convert to Orthodoxy too, huh? Because it's so "not cucked" or "a winning religion" or "Putin loves it so why not join it"
>>
File: 1.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>1194249
>still implying I'm sedevacantist
>still implying sedevacantists are proddies
>implying the only change was Latin to whatever the locals are speaking
>implying I'll ever fall for the "Orthodox" meme
>implying that pic isn't OC I made >>1193073
>>
>>1194243
That was the most retarded exegesis of revelation I have ever seen, pastor anderson-tier.

Matthew 14:23-27
>>
>>1194259
>>still implying I'm sedevacantist
>still implying you aren't
>>still implying sedevacantists are proddies
>schismatic
>not proddies
>>implying the only change was Latin to whatever the locals are speaking
>It's sure as hell wasn't changing the bread and wine
>>implying I'll ever fall for the "Orthodox" meme
>implying you're not trying to piss me off to leave my only fucking church to join some state puppet shit because of faggot Catholics like you who want to do nothing but sit on there asses, bitching about how the Pope is going to ruin the Church, yet still does nothing and not make a difference by actually being a priest and rising through the ranks
>>implying that pic isn't OC I made >>1193073
>implying I give a shit what you made
>>
File: 1462960915869.png (541KB, 992x798px) Image search: [Google]
1462960915869.png
541KB, 992x798px
>>1194273
>still pretending I'm sedevacantist
>still pretending sedevacantists are proddies
>still pretending Vatican II didn't change anything
wew lad
>>fucking church
>>asses
>>bitching
Nice. Read James 3:9-12.
>>faggot Catholics
The one who says he is in the light but still hates his fellow Christian is still in the darkness. (1Jn 2:9)
>>implying I give a shit what you made
It is relevant though since I clearly do not promote the "Orthodox" meme.

Also:
A complete list of the 42 antipopes in Church history:
http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/4_Antipopes.pdf

The Catholic teaching that a heretic cannot be a valid pope:
http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/6_noheretic_pope.pdf

pic related
>>
>>1194316
>>still pretending I'm sedevacantist
>If the first words aren't with the Latin Church or any of the Eastern Churches then you might as well be a proddy
>>still pretending Vatican II didn't change anything
>still have wine
>still have the Hostia
>still don't see any changes, maybe new microphones
>>Nice. Read James 3:9-12.
No.
>The one who says he is in the light but still hates his fellow Christian is still in the darkness
I don't like you because you're trying to rile me up and getting me pissed because I wanna defend my Church and people like you who wanna bitch about the head of the Church and not focus on what you can do is pretty irritating.
>It is relevant though since I clearly do not promote the "Orthodox" meme.
Well you're doing great fucking job of shilling it.
>The Catholic teaching that a heretic cannot be a valid pope
How is a Jesuit a heretic?
>>
>>1194334
>No.
To whom shall I speak and give warning, that they may hear? Behold, their ears are uncircumcised, they cannot listen; behold, the word of the Lord is to them an object of scorn; they take no pleasure in it. (Jer 6:10)
>I wanna defend my Church
But you're defending heresy.
>>
>>1194362
>But you're defending heresy.
>said the heretic
>said the anon who never answered my question
>said the anon who isn't planning on becoming a priest
>said the anon who sits here on /his/ shitposting
>said the anon who never even fucking stated what Church he goes to
>>
>>1194362
What "heresy" is he defending?
>>
>>1194370
Pastoral, no dogma change.
>>
>>1194384
What? You didn't answer my fucking question.
>>
>>1194389
That's what the faggot who's bitching about "heresy" is saying. The only change is the pastoral shit, no dogma has been touched by Vatican II. So I don't know what the hell >>1194362 this faggot on because all he's doing is getting my goddamn blood pressure up.
>>
>>1194398
Ah, I see. I thought you were him.
>>
>>1194369
>>heretic
Who? What? Where? Why? How?
>implying you aren't also shitposting on /his/

>>1194370
Vatican II's heresies and the other day he was also vehemently defending Islam as if he were the typical anti-Christian atheist nu-male.

>>1194389
>>1194398
James 3:9-12
>>
>>1194411
>Who? What? Where? Why? How?
You, by shitposting, here, because I don't fucking know, because you can.
>>implying you aren't also shitposting on /his/
Doesn't matter.
>Vatican II's heresies and the other day he was also vehemently defending Islam as if he were the typical anti-Christian atheist nu-male.
Me? Hell no. The only thing I did was defend the seeing of Mary outside of the Catholic Church.
>>
>>1194418
>shitposting on /his/ makes you a heretic
wew lad
>>Doesn't matter.
Do you know what the Holy Bible says about hypocrisy and what the Lord thinks of it?
>Me? Hell no.
I thought you were him, my bad.
>>
>>1194424
>wew lad
I called the faggot who shitposts about the Whore of Babylon a demon from hell sent here to shitpost.
>Do you know what the Holy Bible says about hypocrisy and what the Lord thinks of it?
It's a sin. A grave sin.
>I thought you were him, my bad.
Who the fuck is him?
>>
File: G012_A03_Smiling_2photos.jpg (38KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
G012_A03_Smiling_2photos.jpg
38KB, 400x267px
>>1194438
>I called the faggot who shitposts about the Whore of Babylon a demon from hell sent here to shitpost.
Are you schizophrenic or something? I'm not that proddy and I'm well aware that the Whore was destroyed by the Beast in 70AD, as Christ prophesied.
>It's a sin. A grave sin.
Then why are you being a hypocrite?
>Who the fuck is him?
Stop cussing and I'm talking about the Catholic modernist who was defending Islam the other day.

Out of curiosity, do you believe that the two different women in pic related are the same person?
>>
>>1194449
>Are you schizophrenic or something? I'm not that proddy and I'm well aware that the Whore was destroyed by the Beast in 70AD, as Christ prophesied.
No, I'm telling you what I called him. There is no reason to argue with him, you treat him like he treats you.
>Then why are you being a hypocrite?
Why are you trying to push me away from the Church?
>Stop cussing and I'm talking about the Catholic modernist who was defending Islam the other day.
Who defends Islam?
>Out of curiosity, do you believe that the two different women in pic related are the same person?
No.
>>
>>1194459
>No.
Ah, good. Now do some research on Vatican II and you'll understand where I'm coming from.
>>
>>1194465
>Ah, good. Now do some research on Vatican II and you'll understand where I'm coming from.
It's pastoral. No dogma change is still no dogma change. The Hestia and the wine are still here, the only thing that changed for in my Church in Burton is that we got a new entrance way and the old school house is getting renovated for the elementary kids while the rest go to Powers.
>>
File: 1463131257666.jpg (246KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1463131257666.jpg
246KB, 1600x1200px
>>1194476
Your Church in Burton isn't the Vatican.
>>
>>1194484
No shit. The Church I go to is in Burton. What is this, nitpicking season?
>>
>>1194489
>playing dumb
>>
File: immigrants.jpg (76KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
immigrants.jpg
76KB, 500x667px
>>1194362
Fuck those jews love penis skin
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.