[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /his/. What are some indespensable resources for those

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1462895261445.jpg (24KB, 306x480px) Image search: [Google]
1462895261445.jpg
24KB, 306x480px
Hello /his/.

What are some indespensable resources for those who are Christians?

When someone asks you if you believe in God, how do you normally start out? Do you dive straight into the Bible or do you ease into it? When discussing with non-believers, what arguments to you run into the most? How do you counter them?

I want to come to the light of the truth, I have come to you for guidance to help me in my journey.
>>
>>1183806
I am going to sleep, maybe I will answer tomorrow. Whatever you do, don't become a Protestant. Choose a denomination with apostolic succession.
>>
>>1183813
Well, I hope you will answer. Perhaps you can also give me some advice on denominations and what not.

I'm mostly concerned about being prepared to defend my beliefs.
>>
File: Bread Pill.png (548KB, 640x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Bread Pill.png
548KB, 640x1000px
>>1183806
Take the bread pill.
>>
File: Advanced bread pill.png (3MB, 2560x2739px) Image search: [Google]
Advanced bread pill.png
3MB, 2560x2739px
>>1183854
>>
>>1183806
>How do you counter them?
Ignorance.

Being spiritual =/= believing in god.
>>
>>1183868
How does this solve anything?
>>
>>1183868
being """""""spiritual""""""" is cancerous
t. atheist
>>
>>1183806
>hen someone asks you if you believe in God, how do you normally start out?
This has never happened to me
Who just comes out and asks if you believe in God for no reason?
>>
>>1184013
New aquaintences? I'm sure there reason is wanting to know, otherwise they would not ask.

Do you really mean to tell me you have never been asked that question?
>>
>>1184032
Never in my life has someone asked me if I believed in God
>>
>>1184032
I would never ask you why you believed in God unless you came up to me trying to convert me
>>
>>1184039
Do you believe in God?
>>
>>1184119
Yes
>>
>>1183806
Check out the lists >>1183854 and >>1183856 posted. First thing you should do is read the Bible if you haven't already. Also talk to someone who takes their faith very seriously; I'd suggest your local Catholic priest. And listen to >>1183813: do not become Protestant. I tell you this as someone who converted from evangelicalism to Catholicism.
>>
>>1184123
You just don't talk about it? Is it better to keep it to yourself?

>>1184157
I have most of those, I have read quite a few. I'm looking more for material to defend myself. Anyone who doesn't believe doesn't care what the Bible says, how am I to use it when they don't care?
>>
>>1184175
If someone doesn't believe in or care what the Bible says, you have to ask them why that is. A lot of times it's something like "oh, it's just a bunch of ancient desert scribblings" and/or "they just took a bunch of myths already circulating in the Ancient Near East at the time and combined them together". Once you have their reason for not accepting the Bible then you can try to push back on that.
>>
>>1184175
>Anyone who doesn't believe doesn't care what the Bible says, how am I to use it when they don't care?
but I do care what the Bible says, It's just kinda stupid when some protestant fundie tries to argue for belief by quoting the Bible saying scripture is useful or the thing in proverbs saying not believing in God is stupid. that utterly fails to affect me at all. I love to discuss the Bible even if I don't take it as a source of absolute truth
>>
>>1184211
Yes, do you have any resources for doing so?

>>1184221
You are a rare person.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.