[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure if right forum, but... Can someone explain to me, why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 21

File: virgin mary.jpg (52KB, 400x560px) Image search: [Google]
virgin mary.jpg
52KB, 400x560px
Not sure if right forum, but... Can someone explain to me, why was Virgin Mary a virgin? I mean, he was married to Joseph, right? He didn't boink her at all?
>>
>>1155375

"In both cases, the church doctrine of the Perpetual Virginity means that Joseph and Mary never had sexual relations."

Wtf why?
>>
>>1155379

Haha yeah right
>>
>>1155375
Here we go.
Of course this is the right forum, but spelling counts.
>he was married to Joseph, right?
NO! Joseph was not a homosexual.
>>
Joseph was the ultimate cuck.

>forced to raise a kid that's not his
>forbidden from having sex with his own wife
>thankful for it
>>
Protip: She wasn't a virgin, Josef boinked her multiple times and the child wasn't from God it was just a normal human child, concieved by sexual intercourse.
>>
>>1155375
Jesus had siblings negroe, he definitely stuck that Circumcised dong in Mother Muire (pbuh)
>>
>>1155494
Now see, you're just baiting them. They will be back.
"You're gonna need a bigger boat..."
- Sheriff Brody
>>
>>1155375
She wasn't, when the bible was transliterated from hebrew to greek they changed the word "young" for "virgin".
It's obvious than joseph nailed her and she probably got tag teamed, gangbanged, fucked by a horse, and a meditarranean octupus rape
>>
>>1155375
Cucktianity.
>>
>>1155505

I just googled that and apparently the Catholics believe that these were just "cousins" or from Joseph's previous marriage. Mary apparently never had her strange tamed. Which is really fucking weird, why would Joseph had marrier her in the first place?

I should discuss this with some catholic. They've got some explaining to do.
>>
File: 1460825388532.png (151KB, 897x576px) Image search: [Google]
1460825388532.png
151KB, 897x576px
>>1155612

> Joseph's previous marriage

Actually, again, wat? This is confusing.
>>
>>1155375
Jesus had brothers.
>>
>>1155612

I went to Catholic school for most of my education and this was literally not mentioned even once. I read about it as well and the mental gymnastics that anyone who sincerely believes this are incredible to imagine.
>>
>>1155375
Why does Jesus have no legs in this picture?
>>
File: olgi.jpg (133KB, 477x600px) Image search: [Google]
olgi.jpg
133KB, 477x600px
>>1155612
learned about the siblings of Jesus from my Catholic religion teacher in secondary school though
bunch of faggots who don't want to come to term with their waifu getting fugged
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvQBbra_o1Q
>>
>>1155556
THE NT WAS NOT WRITTEN IN HEBREW
Just wow man...
>>
File: 1462857830252.jpg (101KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1462857830252.jpg
101KB, 640x640px
Reminder that the blasphemous proddies ITT are not Catholic because of this bastard:

>"If your papist annoys you with that word (i.e. alone), tell him straightaway: Doctor Martin Luther will have it so: Papists and asses are one and the same thing. Whoever will not have my translation, let him give it the go-by: the devil's thanks to him who censures it without my will and knowledge. LUTHER WILL HAVE IT SO, AND HE IS A DOCTOR ABOVE ALL THE DOCTORS IN POPEDOM."

Amicable Discussions, I, 127, ‘The Facts About Luther’, O’Hare, Tan Books (1987), p201

>"Christ committed adultery first of all with the women at the well about whom St. John tells us. Was not everybody about Him saying: ‘Whatever has He been doing with her?’ Secondly, with Mary Magdalen, and thirdly with the women taken in adultery whom He dismissed so lightly. Thus even, Christ who was so righteous, must have been guilty of fornication before He died."

t. Martin Luther

http://www.protestanterrors.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd66KXIbAjc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL2Hyve-kwg
>>
File: 1453388210592-1.jpg (1MB, 1554x2276px) Image search: [Google]
1453388210592-1.jpg
1MB, 1554x2276px
>>1155375
She is the new Ark of the Covenant. Remember what happened in the OT to Uzzah when he tried to touch the Ark? God struck him to death. Nobody can touch our Blessed Lady.
>>
>>1155863
Neither Our Lady or Her Blessed Issue were the Pasty White Folk portrayed in that picture
>>
>>1155883
WE
>>
>>1155375
Joseph was cucked by God, who only put the tip in and then orgasmed.
>>
>>1155375

Protestant theology maintains that Mary, mother of Jesus was a virgin up until Jesus' birth. And then she and Joseph fucked like rabbits in heat.

Unless my understansing of first century Jewish society is lacking, and i will admit i have not revisited that topic in years, upstanding men rarely divorced their wives without good reason.

Any divorce Joseph had would be included, since the OT had at least two converted foreigners who were hella faithful. And Christianity loves to promote faithful people, regardless of social position.
>>
>>1155898
WUZ
>>
>>1155375
Cucktianity.
>>
>>1155863
Dude, even by the standards of religious belief this is stupid. I mean even if I accepted the frankly absurd idea that sex makes you impure there's no reason why a married couple shouldn't have sex other then idiotic and prudish notions of sex being evil.
>>
>>1155936
You did not even consider that she might have died?
>>
>>1155375
My knowledge here is lacking, but I seem to remember that Joseph was an old man already when he married Mary for social rather than romantic reasons, and their relationship was closer to father-daughter than husband-wife.
>>
>>1156001
Why would she? She was protected by divine power if we go by the christian view of things.
>>
Will people discuss Lord of the Rings lore like we talk about the Bible today?
like after the 3rd,4th ww, when a thousand+ years or so went by since the desolation of civilization and humanity finialy managed to rebuild, would it become religion?
>>
>>1155967
KANGZ
>>
>>1155375
Even as a catholic school boy I wondered how painful it must have been seeing how her hymen wasn't broken.
>>
>>1156030
Nevermind, I misread your post.
But what you say doesn't mean much, Joseph wanted to divorce because he say signs of pregnancy, that alone would be considered proof enough of adultery and grounds for divorce.
If you accept the dogma of virgin conception the divorce really doesn't prove anything.
>>
>>1155863
Nowhere do the Apostles , who have expounded Scripture in their Epistles as well as reveal that which was hidden in the OT, nowhere do they teach any thing coming close to linking Mary with the Ark. This, as well as other heretical teachings, can only be falsely deduced by the faulty reasoning of mankind...a prime example of what happens when one poo-poos sola scriptura.
>>
File: 1453388210593-3.jpg (198KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1453388210593-3.jpg
198KB, 1280x1024px
>>1156064
>nowhere do they teach any thing coming close to linking Mary with the Ark
You know nothing, prot snow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-EjbY1LKNg
>>
>>1156050
>Joseph wanted to divorce because he say signs of pregnancy,
No, he wanted to divorce because she told him she was expecting.
He didn't believe her account of the story at first, but then an angel appeared to him and explained him how things went, and he finally believed her
>>
>>1155375
she's the virgin mary because jesus was born without intercourse. that doesn't mean she didn't have relations with her husband later on, but she didn't have any more children, so presumably they either never did it or it wasn't real consumate intercourse (joseph probably came in her mouth)
>>
>>1156151

>(joseph probably came in her mouth)

Makes most sense so far.
>>
>>1156107
The ark of the covenant is a shadow of Jesus Christ himself. He is the vessel that brought the new covenant into the world. The tablets of law, the manna, and Aaron's rod in the ark of the covenant signify that Jesus' was selected by GOD to be high Priest; that Jesus lived by every word of GOD; and that he was the embodiment of the righteousness of the law.
>>
File: 1453389538265-3.jpg (35KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453389538265-3.jpg
35KB, 540x720px
>>1156191
>The ark of the covenant is a shadow of Jesus Christ himself.
The ark of the covenant is Mary. The things inside the Ark are a foreshadowing of Jesus. Jesus is the Word, Jesus is the manna, Jesus is the high priest. Christ resided in Mary the same way those elements resided in the Ark. It's a very clear and simply equivalence that you try to obscure (and fail miserably) because you are a heretic that needs to justify his man-made nonsense to himself and is not guided by the Holy Spirit.
>The tablets of law, the manna, and Aaron's rod in the ark of the covenant signify that Jesus' was selected by GOD to be high Priest
Jesus IS God. Arius kys pls
>that Jesus lived by every word of GOD
Jesus IS the Word of God, Jesus IS God
>>
>>1156001

If we're gonna only use the Bible as the source, nope.

Jesus's mom outlived Joseph AND Jesus, presumably. I'm a Protcuck and a heretic by Catholic definition and American Catholics want to kill me, but that is what the Bible said. There's also the part in John where Jesus tells John to take care of His mother.

Verses will be mentioned on demand.
>>
File: 1453388210592-1h.jpg (2MB, 2352x2959px) Image search: [Google]
1453388210592-1h.jpg
2MB, 2352x2959px
>>1156191

Don't you even believe in Scripture, heretic?

Mary, in whom the Lord himself has just made his dwelling, is the daughter of Zion in person, the Ark of the Covenant, the place where the glory of God dwells. She is 'the dwelling of God [...] with men.'"
CCC# 2676

A) God the Holy Spirit overshadowed and then indwelled the Ark. The Ark became the dwelling place of the presence of God [Exodus 40:34-35]
B) God the Holy Spirit overshadowed and then indwelled Mary. At that time Mary's womb became the dwelling place of the presence of God [Luke 1:35].
A) The Ark contained the Ten Commandments [the words of God in stone], a pot of manna, and Aaron's rod that came back to life [Deuteronomy 10:3-5; Hebrews 9:4].
B) The womb of the Virgin contained Jesus: the living Word of God enfleshed, the living bread from heaven, "the Branch" (Messianic title) who would die but come back to life [Luke 1:35].
A) The Ark traveled to the hill country of Judah to rest in the house of Obed-edom [2 Samuel 6:1-11]
B) Mary traveled to the hill country of Judah (Judea) to the home of Elizabeth [Luke 1:39]

[1]
>>
File: 1454398681777.jpg (141KB, 442x591px) Image search: [Google]
1454398681777.jpg
141KB, 442x591px
>>1156218
A) Dressed in a priestly ephod, King David approached the Ark and danced and leapt for joy [2 Samuel 6:14]
B) John the Baptist, son of a priest who would himself becomes a priest, leapt for joy in Elizabeth's womb at the approach of Mary [Luke 1:43]
A) David shouted for joy in the presence of God and the holy Ark [2 Samuel 6:15]
B) Elizabeth exclaimed with a loud cry of joy in the presence God within Mary [Luke 1:42]
A) David asked, "How is it that the Ark of the Lord comes to me?" [2 Samuel 6:9]
B) Elizabeth asks, "Why is this granted unto me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" [Luke 1:43]
A) The Ark remained in the house of Obed-edom for 3 months [2 Samuel 6:11]
B) Mary remained in the house of her cousin Elizabeth for 3 months [Luke 1:56].
A) The house of Obed-edom was blessed by the presence of the Ark [2 Samuel 6:11]
B) The word "blessed" is used 3 times in Luke 1:39-45 concerning Mary at Elizabeth's house.
A) The Ark returned to its sanctuary and eventually ends up in Jerusalem where the presence and glory of God is revealed in the newly built Temple [2 Samuel 6:12; 1 Kings 8:9-11]
B) Mary returned home from visiting Elizabeth and eventually comes to Jerusalem, where she presents God the Son in the Temple [Luke 1:56; 2:21-22]
A) God made Aaron's rod (which would be kept in the Ark) return to life and budded to prove he was the legitimate High Priest [Numbers 17:8].
B) God would resurrect His Son, who had become enfleshed in Mary's womb and born to bring salvation to all mankind, to prove He is the eternal High Priest [Hebrews 4:14].

[2]
>>
>>1156208
let's see Paul said he was only a vessel, just as all believers are to be, just vessels, is not that what Jesus said he was he did noithing unless God told him nor said anything unless God said to say. He was 100% in dependancy on Father, not Mary, or anyone else

God picked Mary,but God could have picked someone else, just as he picked Saul to become Paul for the gentiles, should we not also hold up Paul to veneration?
>>
File: 1453390237643-4.jpg (483KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1453390237643-4.jpg
483KB, 683x1024px
>>1156219
A) When the Ark was outside the Holy of Holies [when it was being transported] it was to be covered with a blue veil [Numbers 4:4-6]
B) In Mary's appearances outside of heaven visionaries testify that she wears a blue
veil.
A) In Revelation 11:19 John sees the Ark of the Covenant in heaven [this is the last verse of chapter 11]
B) In Revelation 12:1 John sees Mary in heaven. It is the same vision Juan Diego saw of Mary in 1531 — the Woman clothed with the sun and standing on the moon.

[3 - the end]
>>
>Adultery is okay if God does it
>Murder is okay if God does it
>Jealously is okay if God does it
>Deception is okay if God does it
Joseph is a cuckhold and Christianity is the religion of slaves
>>
>>1156208
>>1156218
>>1156219
>>1156222
And what is this even supposed to prove exactly? That a middle eastern woman from 2000 years ago was not only a virgin when she had a child due to what is essentially magic but that she remained a virgin throughout her entire married life because reasons?

Yeah, no. Not convinced.
>>
File: 1455393391489-4.jpg (667KB, 1382x1382px) Image search: [Google]
1455393391489-4.jpg
667KB, 1382x1382px
>>1156220
>Jesus did noithing unless God told him
First of all Jesus IS God. Secondly:
>And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. 4Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come. 5His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.

>He was 100% in dependancy on Father, not Mary, or anyone else
You admitted yourself that Jesus followed the commandments 100% accurately. One of them says "honour thy mother and thy father". Does it not? The hebrew word for "honour" means to glorify

>God picked Mary,but God could have picked someone else
This is literal heresy

> just as he picked Saul to become Paul for the gentiles, should we not also hold up Paul to veneration?
Paul is not the new Eve, and he is not the Mother of God. Look at you trying to shamelessly defame our Blessed Lady and to spout your evil man-made doctrine
>>
>>1156234
He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
>>
>>1156107
I never understood the obsession with the ark, the covenant within and what it said seems much more important to me, also how could Mary be the ark if the covenant was made before the ark was?
>>
>>1156240
This isn't convincing either.
>>
>>1156044
>Implying her hymen didn't break when she gave birth
>>
>>1155967
SEMITES N SHIIIET
>>
Isn't it likely that Mary was just insanely devout (crazy Joan of Arc levels), and had to rationalize her illegitimate pregnancy to herself so therefore an angel came down to let her know God came inside her? Joseph had to play along to keep getting that 13 year old hind every night

I mean, we aren't supposed to actually believe Mary never sinned, right? That's not even willpower, it's just impossible.
>>
>"I can't believe Mary didn't fuck dogs while Joseph masturbated in the corner watching"

This is literally what you degenerates sound like. You can't fathom the concept that people in the past were different to modern day people. No in fact, in your revisionist eyes, every person throughout all humanity has been exactly the same as they are now. Looking back on medieval times is like watching Game of Thrones. God forbid that cultures existed where the men practices forms of abstinence and self control because they believed in holiness and purity. But you people spend hours researching the most perverse parts of history and apply that way of behaviour to entire cultures.

We are living in the sickest, most disgusting times in all of human existence. Prepare for the end, heathens.
>>
>>1156596

Yeah well I'm pretty sure people got married in the olden days to fuck and procreate, just like today. The question is why didn't Joseph fuck his wife (according to catholics). Wasn't it actually his duty as a jew to fill the earth with his offspring etc.?
>>
>>1156618
You're wrong.
>>
>>1156641

Actually I'm pretty sure I'm not. Procreating, hence fucking, was the primary goal of marriage in most societies.
>>
>>1156671
The only reason you think that is because all you have to look forward to in your life is sex and money.
>>
>>1156596
Here's a guy who doesn't know his history.

You do know those abstinent monks would ass fuck each other raw right?
>>
>>1155612
>why would Joseph had marrier her in the first place?

An unmarried pregnant girl is a dead girl in ancient middle east.
>>
>>1155375
Never listen to Catholics about Mary. They worship her as a goddess and pretend she is a living perma-virgin, as they are.

God gave the Hebrews, and the world, a sign that the Messiah would be born of the seed of a woman; that the Messiah would not have an earthly father, but indeed be the Son of God. The only begotten Son of God.

And again, don't listen to the Jews, who deny the virgin birth also, and claim that the sign is only that a "young woman" gives birth to a boy. That happens thousands of times per hour, and is a sign to nobody.

The reason Jesus had to be born of a woman is to escape His purported earthly father's inherited sin, and curse. Joseph, a sinner, could not pass to his offspring a sinless nature, which Jesus had. Also, Joseph's lineage back to King David was cursed; no heir of Jehconiah would ever sit on the throne of David.

By not being Joseph's blood heir, Jesus side-stepped the curse of Jeconiah, skipped the inherited sin nature, and was both the Son of Man through Mary and the Son of God through God at once.

After Jesus was born, Mary and Joseph had many sons and daughters. The people of Nazareth knew them, and named them; they appear many times in the gospels.

It's the catholic Mother Earth cult that denies the truth of the matter in their zeal to worship the "Queen of Heaven", "God's Mother", Mary. And in this, they greatly err.
>>
>>1155612

Joseph was going to privately divorce Mary but was visited by Gabriel and told that the son Mary bore belonged to God, and was not the result of another man having sex with Mary.

Joseph then continued the betrothal to a wedding, consummated the wedding, and had many children with Mary. Likely 9 or 10. Daughters are never really counted or named in the bible, as they go to different families and don't remain in your family tree.
>>
>>1156618
Yes, and he did. Unfortunately, he apparently did not survive to see his adopted Son, Jesus, crucified, as Jesus had one of His disciples care for Mary until she died.
>>
>>1156441
No, because Jesus rose from the dead.
>>
>>1156596
Really? This much asshurt because people find it doubtful that a married couple probably had sex?

This is some absurd amount of repression we have here.
>>
>>1156107
Catholics 300 years ago did not believe this.

Why do you?
>>
>>1156218
Your heretical catechism is not scripture, papist.
>>
>>1156817
About 150 years ago the catholics turned Mary into a goddess. As catholics are for the most part momma's boys, they get very defensive about Mary.
>>
>>1156680
No, not really. Marriage was primarily about providing a stable family unit in most societies. That involves sex because humans do not reproduce asexually.
>>
>>1156825
And the reason why when one does, it's a sign to the world that a miracle happened.

Unto us a child is born; unto us a Son is given.
>>
File: 1462503601825.png (195KB, 928x1384px) Image search: [Google]
1462503601825.png
195KB, 928x1384px
>>1156812
Uh-huh, and the proof of this is the bible and we should trust the bible because jesus rose from the dead and we know jesus rose from the dead because the bible says so and we should trust the bible because jesus rose from the dead.

If this retarded christposting keeps up I am going to buy a fedora.
>>
>>1156831
Look, even If I was a christian I wouldn't believe this perpetual virginity crap, it's not sensible and doesn't work as anything other then a paper thin excuse for the idea that sex is something dirty or wrong.
>>
>>1156838
It happened whether it was recorded in the bible or not.
>>
>>1156804
>The reason Jesus had to be born of a woman is to escape His purported earthly father's inherited sin, and curse. Joseph, a sinner, could not pass to his offspring a sinless nature, which Jesus had. Also, Joseph's lineage back to King David was cursed; no heir of Jehconiah would ever sit on the throne of David.

But would Mary not have sin as well? She was human, not divine.
>>
>>1156843
And the non-biblical proof for the supernatural events of the bible is what exactly?
>>
File: 1453389046151-1.jpg (53KB, 376x640px) Image search: [Google]
1453389046151-1.jpg
53KB, 376x640px
>>1156818
they did
>>1156821
your prejudice is not argument
>>1156824
you are blind to the truth, heretic
>>
>>1156842
Your instincts are correct. Joseph and Mary had many sons and daughters:

Matthew 13
When He had come to His own country, He taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished and said, “Where did this Man get this wisdom and these mighty works? Is this not the carpenter’s son? Is not His mother called Mary? And His brothers James, Joses, Simon, and Judas? And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this Man get all these things?”
>>
>>1156846
Mary was a sinner saved by her Son Jesus, and is now in heaven with Him, having never heard not one catholic prayer ever.
>>
>>1156847
The historians of the time recording what claims the Christians were making as they were being martyred.
>>
>>1156848
The ascension of Mary is mid-19th century heresy.

You claimed infallible scriptures, and then posted your catechism. That's like saying the Talmud is inspired scripture.

I have the Truth living in me, which is why I know you're lost. You are an enemy of God.
>>
>>1156859
Yeah, no. That's not proof. And we have no idea how many of these martyr's stories are actually real.
>>
>>1156867
The evidence suffices. You of course have your sovereignty to reject it all.
>>
File: 1453388843961-4.jpg (617KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1453388843961-4.jpg
617KB, 1536x2048px
>>1156863
>The ascension of Mary is mid-19th century heresy.
completely wrong, Church fathers always believed it.
>You claimed infallible scriptures, and then posted your catechism.
I posted proof that she is the new Ark of the Covenant. You only threw ad-hominem assaults based on the prejudice that Catholicism is wrong because your feelings get hurt when somebody tells you the truth. Do you admit that she is, yes or no? If you say no you are denying the Scripture.
>I have the Truth living in me
You are a fool with no truth in you
>>
>>1156859

Have you got some examples of the sources you are talking about
>>
>>1156870
>>The evidence suffices.
For who? Not for anyone who is remotely skeptical of claims of the supernatural.
>>
Luther made a mistake when translating from Latin to german.The german Word for Virgin is "Jungfrau" while young women is "junge Frau".
>>
>>1156875

Ha ha. You're going to Hell for being a Catholic.
>>
>>1156906
>Ha ha. You're going to Hell for being a Catholic.
says increasingly nervous heretic
>>
>>1155375
>>1155379
I heard that Joseph was 90 and Mary was 13-16 when they married. Maybe Joseph couldn't get it up.
>>
>>1155623
If you look at the original Greek, it's possible that they weren't brothers, but stepbrothers or cousins.
>>
>>1157002
That theory is embraced by the church but almost universally rejected by scholars
>>
>>1156875
The Catholic Church teaches as dogma that the Virgin Mary "having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory".[4] This doctrine was dogmatically defined by Pope Pius XII on November 1, 1950, in the apostolic constitution Munificentissimus Deus by exercising papal infallibility.

1950. By the Nazi pope collaborating in the Holocaust with Hitler.

On November 1, 1950, in the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus Pope Pius XII declared the Assumption of Mary as a dogma:

By the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, of the Blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, and by our own authority, we pronounce, declare, and define it to be a divinely revealed dogma: that the Immaculate Mother of God, the ever Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory.[26]

Pope Pius XII deliberately left open the question of whether Mary died before her alleged Assumption.
>>
ITT: heresy and talking from out one's anex
>>
Joseph was a cuck
>>
>>1156877
I do, yes.

"At this time there was a wise man who was called Jesus. And his conduct was good, and he was known to be virtuous. And many people from among the Jews and the other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. And those who had become his disciples did not abandon his discipleship.They reported that he had appeared to them after his crucifixion and that he was alive; accordingly, he was perhaps the Messiah concerning whom the prophets have recounted wonders."

Arabic summary, presumably of Antiquities 18.63. From Agapios' Kitab al-'Unwan ("Book of the Title," 10th c.).

Tacitus (A.D. c. 55-A.D. c. 117, Roman historian) mentions "Christus" who is Jesus--Annals 15.44
"Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judea, the first source of the evil......

The Gospel of Truth, probably by Valentius, around 135-160 AD:

"For when they had seen him and had heard him, he granted them to taste him and to smell him and to touch the beloved Son. When he had appeared instructing them about the Father. ... For he came by means of fleshly appearance." Other passages affirm that the Son of God came in the flesh and "the Word came into the midst. ... it became a body."
>>
>>1156878
For any with eyes to see, and ears to hear.
>>
>>1156906
Yup.
>>
>>1156998
Mary's age is probably in that range, with Joseph being a little older, maybe in his early 30's, but he had no problem giving her many children.
>>
>>1157002
It's possible that if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.
>>
File: 1453388210593-4.jpg (552KB, 1627x2572px) Image search: [Google]
1453388210593-4.jpg
552KB, 1627x2572px
>>1157046
>>1157046
The Church always believed it since the beginning. It simply was not made into dogma. Before that point you could believe in it or not, but I agree that it was long overdue and should have been done sooner
>>
>>1157131
*you could choose to believe it or not
>>
>>1155375
http://fisheaters.com/mary.html
Here you go
>>
>>1157131
Nobody believed it, because John never said anything of the sort. And John took care of Mary until she died. And wrote 5 books of the bible.

You've been hoodwinked, son.
>>
>>1157187
Blasphemies, idolatry and abominations.
Here you go
>>
>>1157218
Ever wondered why the Gospel of John is so different from the others? It's exactly because he took care of her. The Virgin Mary knew Jesus better than anyone else.
The Bible is about Jesus, of course he is not going to go into details about something like that. That does not make it any less true.
>>
>>1157224
not an argument
>>
>>1157246
It's different, as they are all different, because they each show a different face of Jesus to a different audience.

Matthew: Lion, King of the Jews, to the Jews.
Mark: Ox, Suffering Servant, to the Romans.
Luke: Son of Man to the Greeks.
John: Eagle, Son of God, to the world.

John never wrote anything that you papists believe about Mary. Not one peep.

If John was taking care of Mary, and he was, and Mary ascended alive into heaven, there's a pretty good shot John writes it down in the bible.

No, your "Queen of Heaven" worship is all directed at Semiramis, not Mary.
>>
>>1157248
I'm not arguing.
>>
>>1157246
>That does not make it any less true.

It absolutely makes it less true, because it is not in the divinely inspired Word of God.
>>
>>1157066
Yeah, no. Those don't prove what you think they prove.
>>
File: 1453389615039-0.jpg (64KB, 554x882px) Image search: [Google]
1453389615039-0.jpg
64KB, 554x882px
>>1157260
That does not address the point at all. The Gospel of John, is of John exactly because he was taking care of the Virgin Mary. You are looking at the consequence and not at the cause.

Answer this question. After the scriptural evidence I have provided. Do you believe our Blessed Lady to be new Ark of the Covenant: yes or no?
>>
>>1157270
Of course they do. They speak for themselves.

I didn't steer you to non-biblical sources; you asked for them. Stick to the bible and you'll never go wrong.
>>
>>1157275
Your assertions are idiotic. John's gospel has nothing to do with his taking care of Mary, and was likely written after her death.
>>
File: guadalupe-miracles1.jpg (187KB, 583x960px) Image search: [Google]
guadalupe-miracles1.jpg
187KB, 583x960px
>>1157283
The Virgin Mary is the new Ark of the Covenant: yes or no?
Answer!
>>
>>1157288

No.
>>
>>1157296
so you are refusing to believe what Scripture says
>>
Backwards logic: Protestants attack the assumption of Mary, yet they believe that they THEMSELVES are worthy of having JESUS raise THEM into heaven, body and soul during the "Rapture" and THEY call HER a "sinner" and a "Dead woman" somehow believing that JESUS, their JUDGE will reward them for mocking and insulting the MOTHER that he loves. How shameful and disrespectful.
>>
>>1157299
Luke’s theology of God not dwelling in houses made with hands, as indicated in Stephen’s talk in Acts 7:44-49, shows it would not be a good thing for Luke to compare Mary carrying Jesus to the Ark or God’s cloud of glory settling above the Tabernacle since, again, according to Luke, God does not dwell in those places. This is why the Roman Catholic scholars such as Raymond Brown, Joseph Fitzmyer and others in their book Mary in the New Testament say, in regards to Luke’s thinking, such “a comparison between Mary and the Tabernacle might not be favorable to her” (Raymond Brown, Karl Donfried, Joseph Fitzmyer, John Reumann, Mary in the New Testament.

These Catholic scholars are correct since in Luke 1:41 where we read, “the baby leaped in her womb,” and Luke 1:44 where we read, “the baby in my womb leaped for joy,” the Greek word for “leaped” in both instances is eskirtēsen. However, in the LXX Greek the word in 2 Samuel 6:14 is anekroueto and it refers to David “sounding” or “playing music,” not leaping. In 1 Chronicles 15:29 the Greek word is orchoumenon which means “dance,” not “leap for joy.”

“We are told that Mary is paralleled with David (both ‘arise’ and ‘set out’), while other times Mary is paralleled with the Ark. Moreover, the statement of David in 2 Sam 6:9, ‘How can the ark of the LORD come to me?,’ changes the parallelism from Mary/David to David/Elizabeth . . . The fluctuation of the parallelism from Mary/Ark to Mary/David to David/Elizabeth to Elizabeth/Obed-Edom seems too capricious to be valid, and is for that reason alone rightly rejected by most scholars” (Eric Svendsen, Who is my Mother? The Role of and Status of the Mother of Jesus in the New Testament and Roman Catholicism.

Mary travels somewhere in the hill country of Judah which is a pretty large stretch of land. But David travels to the southwestern hill of Jerusalem; Jerusalem being a small city.
>>
>>1157299
I never believe what any papist "authority" says, no. That's why I'm not going to hell.
>>
>>1157310
We don't mock and insult Mary. You do.

If Mary would have ascended alive, John would have written of it, as it would have been important.

John did not write of it.

It did not happen.

Your literal Nazi corroborating pope in 1950 says she went up to heaven alive. A literal genocidal maniac.

And you believe him.
>>
Did God at least cut Joseph a break and let him fuck Mary after Jesus was born? I mean, he gave him a pretty shit deal otherwise. After marrying her I think Joe was entitled to some pussy.
>>
>>1157046
>By the Nazi pope collaborating in the Holocaust with Hitler.
U fucking wot m8?
>>
>>1157310
>believing in the rapture

o im laffin
>>
>>1157325
>reformed apologetics ministries
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I thought the Holy Spirit was challenging his message to you directly? And yet you need the help of an organization of heretics to tell you how to interpret certain verses of the Bible? You are so delusional

>Luke’s theology of God not dwelling in houses made with hands
According to your logic nobody possesses the Holy Spirit. As usual a nice example of protties twisting Scripture to fit their heresies

>
These Catholic scholars are correct since in Luke 1:41 where we read, “the baby leaped in her womb,” and Luke 1:44 where we read, “the baby in my womb leaped for joy,” the Greek word for “leaped” in both instances is eskirtēsen. However, in the LXX Greek the word in 2 Samuel 6:14 is anekroueto and it refers to David “sounding” or “playing music,” not leaping. In 1 Chronicles 15:29 the Greek word is orchoumenon which means “dance,” not “leap for joy.”
That is some shameless damage control if I have ever seen one

Also this does not even answer one third of all the analogies in the Bible

>>1157334
>ohn would have written of it
Nice assumption based purely on your feelings.
John did not have to do what you want him to do

>>1157354
Just the usual brainwashed prottie spouting nonsense and heretic propaganda
>>
>>1157360
*channelling

Also
>Mary travels somewhere in the hill country of Judah which is a pretty large stretch of land. But David travels to the southwestern hill of Jerusalem; Jerusalem being a small city.
Most ridiculous damage control I have ever seen. You might as well go full wewuz and say that Jesus was crucified in Ethiopia or something
>>
>>1157360
Protestant or not, I don't see how he thinks that that Pope Pius XII was a Nazi, considering he helped the German Resistance.
>>
>>1157372
Protestants don't think, they only regurgitate what their pastor dressed with skinny jeans tells them when they gather at the baptist reunion center behind the laundromat.
>>
>>1157351
Of course. They had many children together.
>>
>>1157354
Catholic Hitler read Catholic Martin Luther's book and conspired with Catholic pope and Catholic Mussolini to kill as many "christkillers" as they could. And communists. But mostly "christkillers". Hitler saw himself finishing the work the catholic church had begun.
>>
>>1157382
Stop making sweeping generalizations, it makes your opinions worthless.
>>
>>1157360
How is giving you copy pasta mutually exclusive with being filled with the Holy Spirit? I know what I gave you is true.
>>
>>1157372
He did nothing until the Allied looked like it was winning. He saved no Jews that he did not force convert to Catholicism first (and they all recanted later).

Then he snuck out thousands of Nazi war criminals via the Vatican Ratlines.

He was pure evil. Like catholic Hitler.
>>
>>1157410
Because you reject by definition organizations that are supposed to tell you how to interpet verses? And yet here you are, inspired by false teachers instead of the Holy Spirit.
You are living a lie, open your eyes anon
>>
>>1157382
The irony is killing me. On the one hand, you accuse us of only believing the bible, and on the other, you only listen to your "experts" tell you what the bible really means.
>>
>>1157403
U
FUCMING
WOT
M8

It's well documented that Pius XII was very against Hitler, but remained neutral so he and the Church didn't get BTFO.
>>
>>1157415
I read it, it's true, it's relevant to your lies, I gave it to you. It even included your "experts" thinking that this tack was not very bright.
>>
>>1157422
Concordat in '33 with the Nazi Party legitimized Hitler; Hitler won 99% of the vote.

The pope and Hitler are in hell together, where they belong.
>>
>>1157415
"In sum we must agree with Brown, Fitzmyer and the other Roman Catholic editors of the book Mary in the New Testament when they conclude, “in our judgement there is no convincing evidence that Luke specifically identified Mary with . . . the Ark of the Covenant” (Raymond Brown, Karl Donfried, Joseph Fitzmyer, John Reumann, Mary in the New Testament, [Paulist Press, 1978], p. 134)."
>>
>>1157423
Nice damage control. You are still not being guided by the Holy Spirit and are a huge hypocrite that couldn't see the truth even if it hit him at high speed
>>
>>1157412
>cucking for the Jews
>>
>>1157433
>a quote from one book written by literally who
>relevant
We are not protties, we don't blindly believe in the opinions of whoever says the stupidest things. Almost all the Catholic scholars would disagree with whomever wrote the book. Either way only the magisterium has infallibility in doctrine and dogma.
>>
>>1157436
Of course I am. That's how I know you're lost, and in need of a savior.
>>
>>1157453
>Either way only the magisterium has infallibility in doctrine and dogma.
Oh, so the Magisterum is God?
>>
>>1157450
Jesus is a Jew. Better deal with that quick before you end up in hell with the worst Jews there are.
>>
>>1157453
It's written by your "experts". I don't think they want you running around with your retarded "Mary is a gilded wooden box!" theory.
>>
>>1157473
Jesus WAS a jew you idiot. Read the bible.
>>
>>1157436
>>1157469

You god boys better start reading the kur'an to prepare for the epic religious shitposting of tomorrow.
>>
>>1157486
How does one become Un-Jewed?
>>
>>1157488
They're more effective when they have a knife to your throat.
>>
>>1157477
Some american catholic who wrote a book is not an "expert"

> I don't think they want you running around with your retarded "Mary is a gilded wooden box!" theory.
Here you go again, creating some sort of parallel reality where your opinions are not total trash. The opinions of the authors of a single (probably read by nobody) book has no importance on what I believe.
>>
>>1157489
By breaking out.
>>
>>1157504
What you believe you cannot back up with proper scripture. At all. And that book, written by your authority figures, proves that. They don't believe what you're selling.
>>
>>1157511
Jesus never broke out of being a Jew. He is still the Root of David, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, the King of the Jews, and the King of Kings. While it is true there is neither Jew nor Greek in the body of Christ, Jesus Himself is not subject to that transformation; He is the Head, not part of the body.
>>
>>1157574
Mary wasn't a Jew.
>>
>>1155750
holyshit
make sense
>>
>>1156009
wasnt than muhammad
>>
>>1157574
So Jesus would be appalled that 2 billion Christians ignore the commandment, Remember the Sabbath Day and keep It Holy.

You can't have it both ways. If Jesus is a Jew, why aren't you?
>>
>>1157382
>skinny jeans
*tips katana*

>>1157372
Probably thinks he started out as a Nazi and despite helping the Resistance he never really abandoned Nazism
>>
>>1155375

Joseph was old and already had a bunch of kids that needed someone to watch over them and Mary already swore herself to the temple as a virgin consecrated to God. Their arrangement was nothing more than Joseph takes care of Mary while Mary takes care of the kids++.
>>
>>1157566
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTVyptxPQ04
>>
>>1155375
All is explained in this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20CRw3XdETA
>>
>>1157723
Man dogma is fucking great.
>>
>>1157603
Mary's genealogy is given by Luke, right through Mary's father Heli, and she is also descended from David, and entitled to sit on the throne of David.

You don't get much more jewy than that.
>>
>>1157740
So are we suppose to be Jews?
>>
>>1157681
Jesus came to make a New Covenant, completely unlike the Old Covenant, just as He told Jeremiah.

In the New Covenant, as a participant, I am dead to the Law. I can pick any day, or no day, to be a special day unto the Lord.
>>
>>1157741
Nope. If a Jew converts to a Christian, he is no longer a Jew; if a Gentile (non-Jew) converts to a Christian, he is no longer a Gentile.

We are new creations in Christ Jesus. Our old selves are gone.
>>
>>1157746
Then why are you cucking for the Jews?
>>
>>1157753
Genesis 12:3 I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
>>
>>1157793
>supporting people who has done nothing but ruin the west
>>
>>1157829
Zechariah 2:8 For thus says the Lord of hosts: “He sent Me after glory, to the nations which plunder you; for he who touches you touches the apple of His eye.
>>
>>1157892
No.
>>
Joseph was an old man who married Mary to protect her as it was dangerous for an unmarried pregnant girl back then.
>>
>>1157793
Galatians 3 :24-29
24 Wherefore the law was our pedagogue in Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after the faith is come, we are no longer under a pedagogue.
26 For you are all the children of God by faith, in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized in Christ, have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek: there is neither bond nor free: there is neither male nor female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if you be Christ's, then are you the seed of Abraham, heirs according to the promise.
Nothing to do with Jews
>>
>>1157945
That's Paul writing. Paul never met Jesus.
>>
>>1155375
they had kids after jesus
four brothers and some sisters
>>
>>1157896
Yes, that's what the bible says.
>>
>>1157742
LAW... the 10 commandments were not abolished. Jesus did not state Thou shalt keep only 9 commandments. You can't have this both ways.
>>
>>1157945
I was asked why I "support" the Jews.

I "support" the Jews because they're God's chosen people; that He blesses those who bless them, and curses those who curse them. And that if you touch a Jew, you're touching something that's the apple of God's eye.

You're judging Jews by Jews, not by what God can transform Jews into; new creations in Christ Jesus with a deep cultural and linguistic basis in both the Law and Grace.

Like Paul, who met Jesus on the Road to Damascus, and spent three years with Him in Arabia. >>1157966

Paul went from being a Pharisee and member of the Sanhedrin to the most prolific author of the New Covenant.
>>
>>1157982
I'm dead to the Law.

You're dead by the Law.

Guess which one of us is blessed?
>>
File: 1463198567307.png (221KB, 534x776px) Image search: [Google]
1463198567307.png
221KB, 534x776px
P R O T T I E S B T F O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTVyptxPQ04
>>
>>1157994
There is nothing in the bible that supports the contention that Mary was sinless.

And it was not part of the early church.
>>
File: 1462985654993.jpg (20KB, 428x428px) Image search: [Google]
1462985654993.jpg
20KB, 428x428px
>>1157997
literally both you assertions get refuted and utterly destroyed in the video
>>
>>1158004
*your
>>
>>1158004
Feel free to post the bible verses.

Oh, that's right, you can't. You have this super awesome video that speaks for you.
>>
>>1158004
Your video starts out by saying it is now doctrine in 1854.

>>
>>1157982
the only one who was without sin at the time was Jesus

after his death and Resurrection he made those that believe in him righteous and without sin under grace

he got rid of our natural nature of sin and made use new creatures

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
>>
>>1158027
I could, but it would not get the point across. In the video he continuously references the original greek, and also constantly compares the Scripture to prottie books.
Why can't you accept that the video is made in such a way that it will always be 1000 times more convincing and complete in its explanation that a single post made by me could be? Just watch it, man. What do you have to lose?

>>1158033
Are you referring to the first quote? What is your point? Watch the whole video
Thread posts: 189
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.