[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The whole world except an irrelevant area in north america has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: EtreSupreme2.jpg (53KB, 528x429px) Image search: [Google]
EtreSupreme2.jpg
53KB, 528x429px
The whole world except an irrelevant area in north america has adopted the metric system.
Why didn't anybody convert the the metric religion?
>>
Your post is proof that the metric system's advocates are fools.
>>
Because it's associated with Napoleon and I really, really detest manlets.
>>
It would be really expensive now and take a long time. Most people are taught it in school though.
>>
>>1142180
It's easier to divide a circle (watches clocks, sundials) into multiples of 12 then it is multiples of 10 because a circle has 360 degrees.
>>
>>1142215
360 is just another arbitrary segmentation.
There is also 2*pi radians in a circle.
I could say there are 100°A (for anon) in a circle and that would be that.
Regardless, we are not discussing the metric calendar but the metric religion.
>>
>>1142235
>360 is just another arbitrary segmentation

Yes, but it's the arbitrary segmentation that everyone had used since the early Mesopotamian civilisations.
>>
>>1142268
Something being old isn't a sufficient argument for commodity. Jack plus are old, but they stay around because they are analog and sound signals aren't numeric.
>>
>>1142293
>Something being old isn't a sufficient argument for commodity

I never said it was. My point was that it just makes it difficult for people to switch to a new system, even one that's far more efficient.

Look at the Japanese or Chinese writing systems, for instance.
>>
>>1142180
>an irrelevent area in north america

Now THIS is desperate. Try harder, rest of the world.
>>
>>1142320
To be fair, the US is only relevant in terms of culture and foreign policy. So really the only parts of the US that are relevant are Washington DC and California.
>>
>>1142368
>not even NYC

It's literally the capital of world's finance along with London.
>>
>>1142373
Oh, right.

DC, Cali and Wall Street.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.