[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's see how smart /his/ is :P? Correctly name the importance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Caminho_maritimo_para_a_India.png (42KB, 556x396px) Image search: [Google]
Caminho_maritimo_para_a_India.png
42KB, 556x396px
Let's see how smart /his/ is :P?

Correctly name the importance of the press in the European cultural development.

P.S: When the press first appeared ofc.
>>
We're not doing your homework.
>>
I dun goofed.
Printing press* by Guthenberg
>>
>>1106474
Not my homework, i just found this board and want to know what kind of well educated people lurk around these waters
>>
>>1106481
well that is the kind of thing we did for homework in high school so that should give you an impression of how educated we are
>>
>>1106481
>well educated
>knowing literally high school level history
>>
It basically birthed Protestantism by printing Bibles in German instead of Latin.

Also lots of books, is this a serious question?
>>
>>1106464
Also had a big impact on linguistics because those parts of the country where the presses stood basically set the standart spelling (at least until it was reformed by the government)
>>
>>1106464
It's your homework pal, not mine.
>>
File: IMG_1085.jpg (195KB, 695x715px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1085.jpg
195KB, 695x715px
>>1106464
>:P
>>
From a Renaissance perspective, it allowed for the mass reproduction of classical texts, meaning that manuscripts no longer had to be copied by hand at great expense and effort by trained individuals (priests/monks) and the end product, the book, wasn't as highly valued and kept locked away. The base availability of these texts, upon which a great deal of European cultural thought at the time was predicated, allowed for the beginning of the development and proliferation of 'modern' ideas. Though the objective value of these ideas can be debated, their influence on European cultural transition in a linear sense is undeniable.

Enjoy year 10.
>>
>>1106464
>Correctly name the importance of the press in the European cultural development.
Fed the preexisting German book market.
>>
>>1106464
>Correctly name the importance of the press in the European cultural development.

Trick question. The press wasn't important for Europe's cultural development. All it did was promote reading, subsequently creating a bunch of fukken nerds. This is best demonstrated by the classical "GutenbergChan", an "Image Board" that involved all the town faggots coming together to post anonymous notes, prints, and illustrations on a wooden board in the town square. And I gotta tell you... Memes were so much better back then.
>>
>>1106464
Vasco de Gama reaches Calcutt in 1498.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.