[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kind of neat that the Reconquista finished almost at the same

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Kind of neat that the Reconquista finished almost at the same time as the discovery of the New World.

What would the Americas be like if Iberia stayed Islamic? Would Central & South America be full of Muslims or would England/France get there first?
>>
Muslim Spain had rich cities but low population growth

The Muslims in Spain relied heavily on their North African brothers to help them - but the rapacious Berber ended up taking over Muslim Spain did their part in bringing down that splendid civilization. It wasn't all the "fault" of the Christian conquerors.
>>
>>1064387

I find it interesting that while Muslims were getting BTFO in a culturally important but distant region in the west, Christians were getting BTFO in a culturally important but distant region in the east. I'm sure Muslims see the Alhambra in the same way Christians see Hagia Sophia.
>>
>>1064387
The Italian factor should not be underestimated. They were the prime movers of the Atlantic exploration business - they brought in the capital and the expertise, both commercial and technical
>>
>>1064387
Actually I doubt that all of South America and Central America would be colonized by Iberia.
Probably France and England would be the first to colonize Central America and North America.
Muslims in Iberia would definitely colonize as well but they would lose the edge of being the first one there. I think I heard somewhere that the French were generally more kinder to the natives, so modern day Carribeans and Central america would probably still retain mostly native genetics.
>>
>>1064428
>I'm sure Muslims see the Alhambra in the same way Christians see Hagia Sophia.
>taking Hispania back from Muslim invaders is the same as Muslims invading the ERE
Whelp
>>
File: 816947108_1954461.gif (248KB, 301x400px) Image search: [Google]
816947108_1954461.gif
248KB, 301x400px
>>1064428
>Christianity will never recover Constantinople
>A mass will never be celebrated again in the Hagia Sophia
>The minarets will never be destroyed
It hurts.
>>
>>1064387
Probably the Iberian Christians would have discovered the Americas anyway, but Castille would have need to use the ports from Galicia instead of Seville and Cadiz.

So, probably the Spanish-speaking part of Latin America would today speak with a Galician-derived accent, instead of using an Andalusian-derived one.

And Galicia would have been richer than it was historically. Maybe that would have resulted in the possibility of a nationalist bourgeoisie (alla Catalana).

It's even possible that by now it would have gained independence from those Castillian apes, aiding and being aided by an also independent Catalonia and Euskadi.

Fucking weak-ass moors...
>>
>>1064489
>implying that isabella would've still funded colombus with that much of the reconquista left
>>
>>1064512
>Implying that bitch would have won the Succession War in that hypothetical smaller Castille (less power for the nobles that helped her), instead of the rightful Juana de Trastámara (Queen consort of Portugal, i.e. the money of two Kingdoms to give to the wanna- be-Marco-Polo).
>>
>>1064489

Seville and Cadiz were already Castilian by the mid XIII.
>>
File: RomanEmpire3.jpg (64KB, 542x313px) Image search: [Google]
RomanEmpire3.jpg
64KB, 542x313px
>>1064454
Make it a church I don't care but the minarets stay.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.