[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i understand that God manifests himself through angels and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1331943322628.jpg (137KB, 1046x1532px) Image search: [Google]
1331943322628.jpg
137KB, 1046x1532px
So i understand that God manifests himself through angels and the universe,
but what about demons? Why does God use them to misguide us?
>>
>>1007632
Because Adam touched himself at night.
>>
>>1007639
Correction, he ate from the tree of life and got us all fucked, if it was just Eve who ate it it would've been okay, God could've just made another companion.
>>
>>1007659
I thought eve was the one eating from the fruit of knowledge
>>
File: 1b.jpg (24KB, 410x545px) Image search: [Google]
1b.jpg
24KB, 410x545px
>>1007632
We ate the apple too soon, we needed to walk the gardens of Eden with God for eternally more before we were adult enough to eat it

There are no literal demons, it's us, our passions. God doesn't use them to misguide us, on the contrary, it's our passions that distract us from getting back to union with God. It's our only job on Earth to conquer them
>>
>>1009678
NT says otherwise. don't try to take the spooks out
>>
>>1007632
Everything is a tool in the hands of the Creator.
>>
>>1007632
He doesn't, they do that themselves.

Angels choose to Serve, Demons choose to Sabotage.
>>
>>1009693
The New Testament is completely has so many pagan elements that it's barely Abrahamic
>>
>>1009708
None, actually. But you tried.
>>
>>1009708
and? don't take out my spooks bro
>>
>>1009702
Why does the Omnipotent allow for sabotage?
>>
>>1007632
Angels are not instruments of God, they have their own will - out of shared love they have with the Trinity they do everything and serve the will of God.

Demons were not created by God broken - they were created good by being, angelic beings with the capacity of free will - there was no bad intention in them, no evil, no sadness - but only the possibility to go towards that if they wanted so.

Lucifer was the first to fall and he just tempted the others, gave them the suggestion and they decided to fall with him
>>
>>1009678
There was no apple, it's a misconception that became so popular usually among heretical Catholics.

It is just mentioned as a fruit, Apples were not even common to Jews.
>>
>>1010111
>Angels
>have their own will
>>
>>1010124
Jews think it was a fig.

Silly Jews.
>>
>>1010531
Spotted the mudslime.
>>
>>1010538
No I'm not.

Tell me where in the Bible does it state that they have their own will.
>>
>>1010794
It's implied when Heylel rebels.
>>
>>1010124

it does not happen to have to be common to jews for jews to mention it. How common were unicorns(rhino), yet though they are mentioned. In fact, I would almost be certain of the apple being the referenced fruit, IF it indeed was so rare. Why would go place a common fig as the tree of knowledge, when anyone could have access to the figs around them to test it for knowledge gains.

It would make so sense to reference such a common fruit when such common fruits were common even to adam and eve; if we assume the story is literal, and they lived in a garden teaming with vegetation and animals. There is a novelty to the 'apple' of the tree of life, so much so, that god only wants it around for decoration; you cant eat off the rare tree.

It's like putting a sign around a flower bed, and then 4000 years later, a bunch of people argue that the plant that was specifically referenced like a flower among grass in a planting bed, that that plant must be the same as those all around it. NO! it's obviously more novel than a fig.
>>
>>1010111
>People still believe this
>>
>>1011077
>>1010111
But check that binary get.

And as a metaphor, it sort of describes the human condition, if you ignore the idea of angels and humans being different from each other.
>>
>>1010949
the only reason that apples are commonly used to represent the fruit in the garden is because evil and apple are the same word in latin. it's a pun. no reason to think the original writer had an apple in mind
>>
>>1011286
"They're actually two words: "malum" (with no long vowel) meaning "evil" and "mālum" (with a long "a") meaning "apple".

The Romans probably had little to no contact with the Hebrews when the words "malum" and "mālum" were formed -- the words certainly predate the birth of Christ (and therefore Christianity), and Judaism wasn't exactly popular in Rome. (Judaism did exist in ancient Rome, but perhaps not back when the Romans first started to write, since there's no direct influence of the Hebrew script in Latin writing. I would think that the Romans would have started writing sooner in a Hebrew-based script if Jews were already there.)

However, it's possible that it did play a role in associating the fruit of the tree with apples specifically. The actual story only refers to it as "fruit". (I like to jokingly propose that it was actually a kumquat.) But the Vulgate Bible does describe the "lignum scientiae boni et mali", in which case a pun on "apple" does seem apparent, even though it was just an amusing accident of translation."

^^^ This is super-hilarious.

Also, I've heard that it's been determined, if you accept that the "Garden of Eden" would have to have been in Mesopotamia, that the most likely fruit would be the pomegranate.
>>
>>1007632
because God is neither good nor evil, to say so would be to limit him, which would make him not the infinite all powerful deity
>>
>>1009781
Free will.
He gave both man and angel free will and the proposition "I love you and I want to share my love with you, will you love me?" By saying yes, you commit to serving God and loving him with all your heart and being loved in return. By saying no, you reject serving him and loving by him.

If we had no free will, we wouldn't truly love God as we'd have no ability to hate God. We'd be slaves with no knowledge we are slaves. Mindless automatons. Would you truly love someone with no abitlites to hate you? You can program a sexbot to spout "I love you" as much as you want, but it's not the same as an actuall woman saying "I love you."

God may be perfect in Power, but he is also perfect in reason. And he understood that it would be better that his creation was able to freely accept or reject his love than to just mindlessly accept him with no choice in the matter.
>>
>>1010124
>Catholics
>heretic
If you're a Protestant, you have no right to call anything heretical.
>>
>>1011848
this

I cringed when I saw that post, I didn't even bother replying.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 1100x618px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 1100x618px
>>1010124
I'm Catholic and I don't think it was any recognizable modern Fruit. Apples only popped up because of >>1011311 and people just ran with it, like the guy who translated "Canaan" as "Canine" resulting is the Canannite Christopher being depicted with a dog head.

If anything I like to think they were something entirely unique. Or like the Helheim Fruit from Gaim.
>>
>>1011873
>I'm Catholic
And you don't believe that the Garden of Eden is purely symbolic?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.