[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys, my friend recently started playing Katawa Shoujo and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: katana useless.jpg (46KB, 921x300px) Image search: [Google]
katana useless.jpg
46KB, 921x300px
hey guys, my friend recently started playing Katawa Shoujo and he literally can't shut up about it. is it really that good as he says it is? should I try it too?

I never played these visual novel type games but I like some good story
>>
It's free, it's alright
>>
>>4328763

yeah, you should try it, great game.
It can change your life, or at least it did it with me (and a lot of other anons)
>>
>>4328763

>is it really that good

Depends, if you play the Rin route it is. Shit fucking destroyed me.
Don't know about the other routes, because I don't have the strength to play other routes. I can't betray her.
>>
>>4328763
Do you like visual novels?
Do you enjoy investing into characters emotionally?
Do you like free games?
>>
As a VN, it's about midtier in quality. But it's free and the characters are very unique.
>>
It's okay, nothing special.
>>
>>4328841
Ehh
Yes
Who doesnt
>>
>>4328763
I guarantee at least one of the routes will affect you somehow, play it, it's that good
>>
Manly picknic'd my first run...
>>
>>4328763
It's mediocre, generic shit with a gimmick (made by 4chan) that people only like because it was their first VN.

Go to /vg/ and download something else
>>
Its okay but i don't think its mind blowing. Its just different cause the heroines are dissabled
>>
It's pretty good. I enjoyed a couple of routes. It's funny at moments and the story is pretty good for most girls. Emily is the fucking slut. Burn girl is annoying as fuck. Lilly was my fav.
Wish there was a route for Drills McTits
>>
>>4328763
You either love it or hate it. And for a free game it's pretty great.

Anyways, if you want to talk about VNs head over to /vg/.
>>
The characters are alright, but nothing special, the dialogue is decent near the beginning but gets pretty cringey later in the routes; like, bad attempt at sounding Japanese cringey. When I played it, it was obvious that they dedicated a lot more work to the stuff that was playable in the demo. The H scenes aren't particularly well-written, and their art isn't anything special, but neither is as bad as, say, FSN's.

It's fine for something you don't have to pay for, but if you're looking to be blown away by quality, definitely look elsewhere.
>>
It's definitely worth playing. Especially if you're new to VNs. Most anons haven't played all the routes (myself included) because they can't bring themselves to go after the other girls. That's a pretty good testament to how great the game is. The soundtrack is also fantastic.
>>
>>4328840
Same goes for me. Rin was an emotional rollercoaster. I never touched the game again after her route
>>
>>4328763
You help a retard with no arms masturbate.

If you're into that sort of thing then I think you might like it.
>>
It's cheap, formulaic feels. Written by 4chan. Take that how you will.
>>
>>4328763

Basically, if you've never played through a VN before, then you'll probably be pretty pleased with it, and perhaps find it surprisingly emotional.

If you are more experienced, then it'll still be a pretty decent effort, considering it was made in the West by a pretty much random team of people originated in 4 Chan.

I'd recommend it simply because it is better to start with okay quality and build-up, rather than being spoiled by more extensive and higher tier works.

If you were looking for something that is nearly universally praised (outside of pacing) then the Muv-Luv series would be a good bet. However, the payoff for that is three VNs in, along with some PTSD.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.