[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we post brave police officers protecting the american people

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 411
Thread images: 18

File: 8n3iq_1_converted.webm (4MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
8n3iq_1_converted.webm
4MB, 640x360px
ITT we post brave police officers protecting the american people through completely reasonable means

if you havent heard already, he had the audacity to sit down in his seat when the plane was overbooked by no fault of his own
what a piece of shit amirite?

"Allegedly a former Continental Airlines CEO referred to the passenger as "immature". A lot of medical professionals and first responders may be aware of it, but the general public might not realize that fear often causes people to mentally revert to a child-like state. This is seen in a regular basis when working with the elderly and explains a lot of irrational/"immature" behavior after a fearful event such as a mass casualties incident. It's not being "immature" it is how most of us are wired and requires significant training to unwire it. (i.e. solders training for combat)
Do not interpret the behavior of this man as if this is how he is every day of his life. This is how he was on one day, after being forcefully assaulted for doing nothing wrong. He was thrown into a fearful, painful situation and it's no surprise that he wasn't mentally well equipped to deal with the situation.
So next time you see someone acting "immature" after an incident, remember this."
>>
>>10400614
>buy a cheap ticket with a warning that you may have to give up your seat because you bought an overbooked ticket
>get warned that you might have to give up your seat because you bought a cheap overbooking ticket
>agree
>asked to give up seat
>disagree

Can't have it both ways, narrow eyed nigger.
>>
File: encino man.gif (859KB, 280x206px) Image search: [Google]
encino man.gif
859KB, 280x206px
>>
>>10400639
/thread
>>
File: don't hug me i'm scared 5.gif (2MB, 476x268px) Image search: [Google]
don't hug me i'm scared 5.gif
2MB, 476x268px
>>
>>10400639
>buying an inexpensive ticket is justification for physical assault and head trauma
fucking cuck, you'd let them fuck you as punishment too
>>
You live in a civilized society, you should just get off the plane. On the other hand, it's unbelievable that you can wait for three hours to board a plane only to get into your seat and then be ejected just because the airline made a mistake that it is easy not to make if you're willing to sacrifice a small margin of potential profit.
>>
>Had the audacity to not leave the plane when the owners of the plane asked him to get off of their property.
>>
>>10400639
He was a licenced doctor from Kentucky on his way to see a patient, but sure, let's dismiss him as a narrow eyed nigger.
>>
Why did he have to leave the plane if he sat on the seat first? Why didn't the person who couldn't get a seat leave?
>>
>>10400614
Freedom instated again
>>
i haven't flown before, how do they determine who has the "right" to that seat if they intentionally overbooked it?
>>
>>10400639
Escalate to violence instantly YES
>>
>>10400675
maybe if their shitty system didn't allow overbookings to occur, nobody would have to leave at all
>>
>>10400664
He literally could have gotten reimbursed, asked for a rental car instead of a hotel, and driven back to kentucky. It's a fucking long afternoon drive.

Look, when the cops show up and ask you to do a thing (especially on an airplane) you've lost that battle. If you need to fight it you do it later, there is no winning there. As soon as the security started grabbing him a reasonable person would have went
>Okay, okay I'm coming
Instead, they had to fucking pull him out of his seat because he went limp like a 6yo trying to not get picked up, hit his head and had to be dragged off the plane. These are not the actions of a reasonable person.
>>
>>10400680
it seems the airline wants their own pilots to take the seat.
>>
Overbooked flights.
This wouldn't happen if we got rid of illegals.
The wall just got 10 feet higher.
>>
>>10400614
Typical O'Hare airport police....
>>
>>10400699
What does it have to do with illigels
>>
>>10400689
>what is the cockpit
>>
Just crash another United Airlines plane into a skyscraper. That oughta fix it.
>>
>>10400702
They took our seats nigger

Also fuck illegals
>>
>>10400675
It was for airline personnel going to a job for the airline
>>
>>10400706
There are times when airline wants their own crew to take a flight to another city. They are pilots but not for this flight.
>>
>>10400702
Overcrowdedness. Thanks China and Mexico! Send us more of your problems.
>>
>>10400710
That asian man is not illigel.
>>
>>10400721
He was acting suspiciously like an asian tourist....
>>
>>10400718
That dude is a medical doctor. He is not illegal.
>>
>>10400725
I doubt a lone asian tourist would dare to fight against police in the states...
>>
>>10400728
>>10400721
He wouldnt have been removed if those illegals had taken up other seats. There would have been room on the plane for everyone. Another victim of Obama.
>>
>>10400639
When you fellate law enforcement, do you gently caress their balls?

I'm sure if you gently caress their balls as you slurp up their jizz, you'll be rewarded in some way. Maybe they'll assault you last.
>>
>>10400740
This is a sound reason.
>>
>>10400725
he was a fucking licensed physician on the way to treat a patient, how are you this dense
>>
File: wtf.gif (1MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
1MB, 500x282px
>>10400639
Cheap ticket? No such thing as a cheap fucking plane ticket you trailer trash cunt. I fly 10-20 times a month for my job and these fucking airlines overbook shit like it is their fucking job. Most of the time they ask people before boarding if anyone wants to give up their seat for a few perks but nobody did so they randomly picked this dude. He just wanted to go home but instead they beat the shit out of him and was filmed stumbling around the plane saying i just want to go home.
>>
>>10400740
>illegal
>boarding a flight that easily
How fucking stupid are you?
>>
>>10400639
Lmao the chink got wrecked and he deserved it
>>
>>10400757
he wanted to go treat his patient
saying he wanted to go home was a reaction to the head trauma, the mind goes into a hard reset after shit like that and repeats phrases such as "where am i" and "i want to go home"
>>
It seems that all four passengers that got removed from the flight are asian. And they say the selections are made randomly. lol
>>
>>10400773
As someone who has had head trauma, I can attest that this is true.
>>
>>10400740
This is some low quality bait.
>>
>>10400771
if he was white you would be just as outraged as the rest of us faggot
>>
File: hmmmmm.gif (39KB, 512x477px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmmm.gif
39KB, 512x477px
>>10400771
What if the patient he was trying to get back to was white?
>>
if the victim were black, i wonder what this thread would look like?
>>
>>10400711
well then they probably had plenty of time to get on the fucking plane then
>>
>>10400805
that can't happen because the world circles around whites.
>>
>>10400711
>the time of an airport employee on his way to make them more money is more valuable than a that of doctor on his way to someone's appointment

reminder capitalism has literally zero flaws
>>
>>10400752
To be honest he probably is a licensed physician but the seeing patient thing was probably an excuse to help him stay on the plane.

Can't just take that shit at face value.
>>
>>10400811
It wouldn't exist
>>
>>10400833
That pilot not getting there on time would delay an entire planes worth of people so its not just inconveniencing 1 company or employee. Also, how do people know he was going for an appointment? Because he said so?
>>
>>10400838
don't take it at face value, take it to face smashing
>>
Every airline overbooks every flight to ensure they get the seats filled, whether they announce that the tickets are for overbooked flights or not. This is common practice. It's scummy, and somehow still tolerated.
>>
>>10400844
if they didn't make a fuss about him being there, the plane would leave much faster than if they forcibly removed him
>>
>>10400848
No its for the employees going to work on another flight.
>>
>>10400846
This would be fine so long as they weren't able to use the police to coerce paying customers off the plane. If they always had to negotiate the price to get customers to leave after they've paid & boarded, everything would be much fairer.
>>
>>10400773
I got into a shit car accident. I smacked my face on the dashboard pretty fucking hard. They said i was stumbling around the road asking if my mom was ok...she wasn't in the car.... Your brain does some pretty sketchy shit after a beat down. I wonder how hard they fucking hit this dude to fuck up his head like that....
>>
>>10400773
Nah /b/ro i;m pretty sure after a solid beat down you aren't thinking about what you wanna do at work you are thinking I want to fucking go home and end this nightmare.
>>
>>10400741
im sure you'd much rather live in a country without any rules right?
>>
>>10400771
Go to sleep you have school in the morning,
>>
>>10400866
That's why it's important to make sure your instincts are on point, so you can defend yourself even if you get knocked out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtGrC0dTCVA
>>
>>10400614
OH MY GAWD NOOOOOOOOO, GUYS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

fuckin idiot
>>
>>10400877
nah, i'd rather live in a country where my face is smashed to bits for breaking those rules
>>
>>10400614
and the last 15 seconds is proof enough he was unstable. jesus christ
>>
>>10400639
Go back to /b/ you uneducated oxygen thief.
>>
>>10400885
At least she did something. If she tried to stop them physically she would get legal charges out the ass
>>
>>10400658
>being passive about breaking the rules is justification for not following them?
>>
>>10400639
>being this dumb in 2017
They removed him so that more United employees could get on the place, instead of letting the doctor see his patient. It wasn't even actually overbooked, despite the fact every single flight is overbooked since airlines are incapable of properly scheduling things. Nor was this type of force necessary. They could have tazed the guy and picked him up, worse comes to worst, instead of ripping him out of his seat and smashing his head into an armrest. You really are a special kind of stupid, huh?
>>
>>10400888
>smashed to bits

ok princess.
>>
>>10400782
>>10400773
did you also say "please kill me, just kill me, just kill me"?
>>
>>10400883
I am a solid mother fucker but I had no control after that accident. It took me about a day to realize I was in fact in a hospital. You can be mentally strong but it only goes so far.

After I realized what happened I was able to do physical therapy and was back to normal in no time but there was a good amount of time where I was simply fucked....
>>
>>10400614
That black area between the video was fuckin annoying. Thats all I got out of watching it.
>>
>>10400898
>>10400904
Sounds like "they'll kill me," but either way his injuries clearly made him unstable.
>>
>>10400899
Airlines are one of the few companies able to sell more shit than they can deliver on.
>>
>>10400795
doubt it. i don't let the color of someones skin dictate how i feel about them.
>>
>>10400901
blood was pouring out of his mouth, you fuck
>i'll call them a girl, that'll show how tough i am!
>>
>>10400686
What was unreasonable is that they even decided to do this in the first place. He paid for his ticket. Justification on that he should of just left? No, not at all. They should of got the rental car for the EMPLOYEE'S. Not a bunch of STRANGERS whom PAID for their tickets.
>>
>>10400926
While I agree with your point, it's should HAVE. Not should OF. Think about it for a second. Should've, could've, would've. Not to mention the word "of" doesn't make any sense. This is the most common grammatical error I see among my peers, by far. Not sure where we went wrong on this one.
>>
>>10400614
apparently company employees were a priority over a paying customer
>>
>>10400899
yeah i get the facts of this one incident, but if the rules say "give up seat when asked" does that give everyone carte blanche to not give up the seat when asked? whats the fucking point then? sorry he had somewhere to be, but when shit isn't run by people and instead a company this is how it works, it's black and white. not saying i agree, but some things you just can't get around in life.

oh and you'd rather they have tazed him in his seat? who's the special kind of stupid now? you know what a tazer does right? here's a hint: it makes your muscles contract making it possible he could have hit his head then too. lol i feel like you would be crying like the rest of these idiots had he been tazed. and they didn't smash his face, he struggled when the pulled him up and he hit his face in the commotion.
>>
>>10400684
What violence? He wouldn't give up his seat causing an unnecessary delay and so they had to yank him out and by accident hit an armrest. It's not like they started punching and kicking him.
>>
File: kek...gif (768KB, 500x202px) Image search: [Google]
kek...gif
768KB, 500x202px
Airlines are inefficient on purpose.They make fucking bank, They figured out how to fly with these type of engines decades ago and just keep making cookie cutter planes to keep up with demand.
>>
Can you tell 4chan has an ancap infestation?
>>
>>10400728
you are getting trolled you fucking moron.
>>
>>10400639
>nigger
guess you won the argument
shut the thread down op
>>
>>10400877
>rules
>dictated by your corporate masters, enforced by their paid thugs
>you think this is fine
>cucked^2
>>
File: 1489034774638.gif (164KB, 890x531px) Image search: [Google]
1489034774638.gif
164KB, 890x531px
>>10400952
On the contrary, there's not nearly enough ancaps on 4chan anymore. Submissive bootlicking faggots have displaced them almost everywhere.
>>
>>10400949
What violence? Did you not watch the webm?

Let's put it in terms you understand..
Nigger comes up to you on bus. Yanks you out of seat. You smash your face on said seat. When the police show up are you going to say "relax officer, I hit my face...no violence here."
>>
>>10400923
>2017 thinks only girls can be princesses

fuckin grow up idiot.

for real though. "blood pouring out of his mouth?" lol there'd be more blood from a nose bleed than hitting your lip against an arm rest. which is what happened.

were you the lady screaming "oh my gawd nooooo guys nooooo" in the background?
>>
>>10400811
it would be the exact same
>>
>>10400885
>>10400897
>At least she did something
Complain and cry like a typical American
You guys are all bitching pussies
>>
>>10400913
You're going to great lengths to defend him. He got hit in the mouth and suddenly he's unstable because of it? Sorry but if you ever got punched in the face you don't start blabbering nonsense at best you're in a state of shock and remain silent.
>>
>>10400897
lol what did she do other than sound like an idiot?
>>
>>10400658
>buying an inexpensive ticket is justification for physical assault and head trauma
No but refusing to accept responsibility for your actions and choices and then fighting with police is.
>>
>>10400614
>Fighting with police on an airplane
You would literally have a better time telling security that you had a bomb.
>>
>>10400968
I agree. If a cop beat the shit out of me for getting into a concert that I fucking PAID for I would fucking kill him. This is fucked.
>>
>>10400752
http://www.wave3.com/story/4301599/elizabethtown-doctor-indicted-on-98-drug-charges
>>
>>10400658
American propaganda has fucked you up little man. No COMPANY should be allowed to beat the shit out of you after you pay for something and don't get it.
>>
>Today, we watch as the American donut-eater meets a new threat for the first time - the seatbelt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtXQ7CZ4Ej8
>>
>>10400926
>uses whom correctly, but says "should of" fuckin kek m8
>>
>>10401007
Except he didn't buy that seat. He bought the chance to use that seat and then when he didn't get the seat he refused to leave and then when the police came he refused to leave. You do not fuck around on a plane in a post 9/11 world.
>>
>>10400614
jesus, fucking sickening, i just want to give that guy a hug
>>
>>10401018
>COMPANY
A mentally unstable man refused to co-operate with police on a plane.
>>
ITT: a lot of teenagers that have never experienced trauma in their life, let alone head trauma of any kind.
>>
>>10400968
>That false equivalency
Holy shit haha. No, it's more like a bouncer pushes me which causes me to fall and sprain my wrist because I tried forcing myself into a club I wasn't allowed to enter. That's not violence, he was doing his job and how he reacts is proportional to what I do. The security had no intention in harming the guy they just wanted him off the plane as fast as possible.
>>
File: facebuster.gif (723KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
facebuster.gif
723KB, 400x224px
>>10400948
Alright, you're actually retarded. You're comparing a small possibility of harm (getting tased into physical harm,lol) to physically taking someone and shoving them with enough force to make them bleed from their mouth and run back on the plane with clear signs of trauma. You're right, a taser would definitely do more damage than getting facebuster'd into a motherfucking arm rest.

News Flash: Tasers make people stiff. There's a bunch of compilation videos on Youtube. Here, I'll link it for you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcl9dTafJs4
>>
>>10401020
He didn't use 'whom' correctly.
>>
>>10401021
>gently fondling the statist balls as you guzzle their jizz....
>15 years ago theocratic shepherds crashed 4 plans, lets give up civil liberty forever!
>>
>>10401025
Careful he might bite your throat out and then wear your face.
>>
>>10400962
how's that internet you're using going for you? oh and the computer or phone you're using it on? oh and the car you drive, oh and the roads you drive on? oh and the medical treatment you receive if you get injured? oh and not being robbed?

nice use of the new hip word cuck. try looking it up instead of regurgitating it like the parrot you are, and grow up
>>
>>10401032
Yeah I see he is mentally unstable.

After he gets his fucking shit kicked in.
>>
>>10401035
Tasers make people stiff, including the risk of heart attack that is especially pronounced in older people, such as a 69-year-old.
>>
>>10401038
>Civil liberty to take place on a plane you didn't pay for

I'm not familiar with that one.
>>
>>10401036
now i did all of 30 seconds of research pal and it seemed correct. enlighten me
>>
>>10400985
he fucking passed out after being hit, he was returned to the plane later, that's when the last seconds were filmed
>>
>>10400985
>being this retarded
I'm sure people just pretend to die when they get 1 hit killed too.
>>
>>10401042
man you're an idiot if you think "he got his fucking shit kicked in"
>>
>>10401047
Ah, so back to square one, where you still don't make sense. The solution was clearly to slam the 69 year old's head into an arm rest, cause him to bleed and send him into a panic. Nice comeback there.
>>
File: wtf is your problem.webm (83KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
wtf is your problem.webm
83KB, 360x360px
>>10401034
You bought the ticket. Go into the fucking club. What the fuck is wrong with you fucking people. You are so cucked when it comes to corporations and their money.
>>
>>10401042
You missed the evidence of his instability before that. He refused to get off a plane when he was told he was rightfully bumped. Then he refused to listen to the police.

That is crazy.

OH wait he was trafficing drugs.
>>
>>10401049
Whom is used when it's the object of the clause. He used it as the subject of the clause.
>>
>>10400942
it's called the "contract of carriage" where basically the company crews right are above the paid customers
>>
>>10400985
He was tazed and hit his face when he fell. He was dragged out of the plane and onto the jetway and then he ran back onto the plane because...wait for it.....all the drug charges he had pending.
>>
>>10401058
This.

I see both sides but Americans specifically are pretty much taught to fear police and worship the corporation.
>>
>>10400614
(((I))) smell a big juicy lawsuit.
>>
>>10401057
that wasn't even me moron, but good try. and you are back to square one in that you think they smashed his face into the arm rest. he struggled and hit his own face. they didn't punch or kick him. had he complied he would not be injured. classic idiot mentality. sorry a cop busted you for smoking weed back in high school, but rules are rules and you face the consequences when you don't follow them. the consequence of struggling with the police when they try to detain you is that you might get a boo boo on your lip.
>>
>>10401057
>one person writes out multiple paragraphs without a single capital letter
>next person properly capitalizes his sentence
If you're going to get into political arguments on 4chan, you should be able to tell the difference between people, at least when it's obvious. Suggesting the cops use a taser increases the risk of something bad happening, and was ignorant on your part. I'm not one of the people suggesting the police acted correctly, or that they should have acted at all.
>>
>>10401090
fuck you bro, i'm talking shit to strangers on the internet. you're lucky you're getting punctuation and mild grammar
>>
>>10400639
Get fucked you stupid piece of shit.
>>
>>10400942
There are many tiers of priority on a flight and employees have access to several different tiers doled out in specific amounts based on their service. Normally an employee will use their base pass which they can use as much as they want but it is a very low priority and is the lowest available to employees which is below all normal paying passengers and most discounted pass. Waiting for a spot on a plane is called stand-by and employees are usually the bottom of that list. This guy paid 2 dollars for his chance to get on the plane or the employee had an emergency and needed to use one of their few upgraded passes.
>>
>>10400913
He was unstable when he refused to give up his seat. They should have put him out of his misery. I hate to see who the fuck his "patients" are.
>>
>>10400962
Actually those rules are dictated by the FAA which is a government organization. It has nothing to do with corporations.
>>
>>10401086
>he struggled and hit his own face
Things that could be happening here:
1) You're really dumb and thinks this is true
2) You have vision problems
3) You're in self denial
4) You need a way to win the argument
Any way you look at it, everyone else who watched it clearly saw the dude get tossed into the arm rest. Not really even a question. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one bud.
>>10401090
My bad
>>
>>10401108
You ever hear of a thing called regulatory capture?
>>
>>10401084
An unstable man refused to listen to police on a plane and was tazed because he was resisting arrest and he split his lip when he fell.

There is zero lawsuit to be had.
>>
>>10401072
He was tazed? That I didn't know.
>>
>>10400844
Pilot apparently wasn't even working until the next day, so... no, it would've been fine for him to be on the next flight.

Nice dubs, though
>>
>>10401114
Sure but the FAA oversees safety of airplanes. Now if the guy had a full ticket and a VIP needs his spot so the police come in and taze him right away to drag him off then that is a problem.

This is a guy who bought one of or the lowest priority tickets knowing he was likely to be bumped several times. He was informed that he was bumped and refused to leave. The police came in and asked him to leave, he refused. They moved to take him into custody and he resisted. He was then tased and removed from the plane.

The only thing unreasonable about this situation is that this guy refused to abide by the rules he signed up for and then tried to fight with police.
>>
>>10401072
source? That's hilarious if true.
>>
>>10401099
I'm sure this character trait bleeds into your personal life too.
>>
>>10401122
That is when he screamed and fell and why they were able to drag him so easily.
>>
File: sickburn.webm (751KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
sickburn.webm
751KB, 640x360px
>>10401063
thx, but yer still a fgt m8
>>
>>10400639
>cucking yourself out of literally millions of dollars
>>
>>10401133
....the video in the OP?
>>
>>10401020
He didn't use either correctly...
>>
What I don't understand in all this is why was he the ONLY person who needed to be removed, if this was for crew members? What made them pick his seat?

Couldn't they have offered other passengers a bump up or a compensation gift? Why him?
>>
>>10401145

He's asking about the drug charges
>>
File: topkek.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
topkek.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>10401112
so then you don't agree that if he hadn't struggled he would be unharmed? you think they woulda just said "well that was too easy" and busted his lip with their fist? fuck you're as dumb as you're trying to make me sound.
>>
>>10401126
>The next day
>In international travel

That might not be as much time as you think

Also that is irrelevant because the pilot chose to use a pass with a higher priority than the doctor did and the doctor knew his ticket was extremely low priority.

Also THAT is irrelevant because this all happened because the doctor chose to resist the police on a god damned airplane.
>>
>>10401153
oh my bad that was in a few articles, at least one was linked here.

They are all prescription related. It MAY be a humanitarian thing but also probably not.
>>
>>10401152
They offered two different compensation packages and got no takers, so they "randomly" selected passengers to be forced off with no compensation.
>>
>>10401157
It was a domestic flight.

A paying customer already seated should not be forcibly removed against his will unless ABSOLUTELY necessary.

He didn't resist at all. At most he refused to comply, which still shouldn't result in the way he was treated.

I find it so odd that Americans are at once so fiercely protective of their rights and civil liberties, and so defensive of abuses of power by corporations and law enforcement. Makes no sense to me.
>>
File: supersaiyan.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
supersaiyan.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>10401134
>yeah usually when i talk to people irl, i don't use capital letters, i speak in all lower case.

fuckin nitwit bruv

I'm sure your friends love hanging out with a psychologist. oh whoops i didn't mean to insinuate you had friends, don't let that trigger you too, you no fun having nitwit. hit em with the double nit wit cause he can't get a joke on 4chan
>>
For people saying it is totally fine for police to do that, here is the statement from the Department of Aviation:
“The incident on United flight 3411 was not in accordance with our standard operating procedure and the actions of the aviation security officer are obviously not condoned,” aviation department spokeswoman Karen Pride said. “That officer has been placed on leave effective today pending a thorough review of the situation.”
>>
>>10400952
>>10400963
>when the McPolice forcefully removes a doctor who is trespanning on your plane
>>
>>10400614
Flight wasn't overbooked.

The agreement with the Airline says they can refuse to board you if they have oversold the plane.

They already let him board the plane.
And flight wasn't oversold. They just wanted to free up seats for other employees who they wanted to be at the destination airport.
>>
>>10401154
You're now suggesting the only way to get him off the plane was physical. He wanted to see his patient; that was his argument. Nobody here knows what went down on that plane in conversation, but I'm certain that there was a solution that did not involve tossing a 69 old man into an arm rest. Arrangements for his patient, perhaps? A bunch of money for the inconvenience? He's a doctor, he's assuredly somewhat reasonable, no? Seems to me Randy Orton got a little impatient.
>>
>>10401130
The police was not allowed to do what had been done to the guy. Checkout the statement made by department of aviation
>>
>>10400639
>forcibly removing a paying customer violently so that your employees can board the plane because you fucked up with the organization
yeah fuck off united
>>
>>10400614
You ever been a police officer?
Air marshal?
Jailer?
Do you volunteer? Are you a reserve officer/deputy?
Anything like that?
Does the airline call YOU when people are uncooperative on planes?
Do you respond to every rape, robbery, GTA, fight, theft, dispute, homicide, domestic dispute, bomb threat, meth heads, etc in your municipality? Do you take it upon yourself to investigate murders and crack down on gangs at all hours of the day and night 365 days a year? How do you think that effects a person over an extended period of time?
How would you handle them? Would you sit with them and drink hot cocoa and hold their hand until you got to the root of their issues?
Perhaps they were molested as children.
I mean, you don't wanna be insensitive do you? You don't wanna be barbaric to these uncooperative, irrational, often times violent and irrational individuals that you tend to deal with on a day to day basis.
Right? I mean, whats the worst that could happen?

Leave the police work to the people who are built for that job.
Stick to what you know.
Because it certainly isn't you dropping what you're doing and rushing to every call that comes out over the radio, is it?
>>
File: fightwinner420.webm (3MB, 398x224px) Image search: [Google]
fightwinner420.webm
3MB, 398x224px
>>10401154
..... i barely got through your first sentence. fuck you're dumb.

here's the non physical way to get him out "sir please get up or we're going to force you up"

you're still trying to justify breaking the rules and then resisting the consequences of breaking them, sry but you lose this one m8. im going to bed the winner
>>
>>10401200
>>10401185
whoops that keks on me, here's what i ment to kek on you.
>>
>>10400866
>Got in car accident (I was passenger). Head injury
>Feel mentally fine.
>What's your name? Thumbs up.
>What day is it? Saturday, duh.
>What year is it? 2004, idiot.
>It was 2009.
>Hit my head so hard, I forgot what year it was.
>>
>>10401200
What the actual fuck is wrong with you? There never should have been a force option. As suggested by literally every other person in the thread. Holy shit.
>>
>>10401198
Fag.
>>
>>10401178
>It was a domestic flight
4 time zones. Don't know the exact time of the flight. Don't know when the pilot was to fly the next day or for how long.

>A paying customer
A customer who bought the lowest priority ticket and was informed he was likely to be bumped and then refused to co-operate

>already seated
It is common for stand-by passengers both customers and employees to be moved off after boarding. In fact before 9/11 they even taxied the plane back to the jet way to do it some times.

>should not be forcibly removed against his will unless ABSOLUTELY necessary
I agree, and when a mentally unstable man refuses to co-operate with police on a plane that is absolutely necessary

>He didn't resist at all
He did. He refused to move when asked by police. He refused when ordered by the police. He refused to be cuffed so he was tazed. Refusing to be cuffed is resisting arrest.

>refused to comply, which still shouldn't result in the way he was treated
He absolutely should have. The way he was treated by staff is perfectly normal and it is what he signed up for. If you feel your rights are being violated as a US citizen your lawfully protected recourse is in court. It is NOT to fight with police.

>I find it so odd that Americans
Sorry friend, I am a leaf. I travel constantly with low priority tickets and I would not be comfortable with a person that crazy on the plane. I have been bumped more times than I have flown but it is worth it because the tickets are so god damned cheap.

Does it suck that he got bumped when going for the cheap ticket angle? Sure? Does it suck that he got tazed for fucking with police on a plane? Not even a little.
>>
>>10401189
Tazing an unruly and possibly unstable passenger on a plane? They most certainly are and I will put money down that no charges are filed.
>>
>>10401222
based leaf gets trips
shitposters confirmed for eurocucks
>>
>>10400639
...He was wrong not to get up but what they did to him... cmon man
>>
>>10400614
the logic behind the airline system is sort of wack but fuck him he should have complied
>>
>>10401251
Like everyone that resists arrest they get tazed so they can safely be brought into custody. Yeah he busted his lip when he fell but it is better than broken arms, ribs or god forbid a neck, during the physical struggle to cuff him.

The way I see it is:

It was shitty he got kicked off but resisting like that...cmon man
>>
>>10401054
I'm sure all that red shit on his face is just syrup. Shut your dumbass mouth you fucking sperglord.
>>
>>10401264
The system is fine. Employees get free low priority tickets for their service and they can pay to upgrade them. The doctor bought a lower priority ticket than everyone else.
>>
>>10401268
He split his lip or bit his cheek when he fell after being tased after resisting arrest. They never struck him.
>>
>>10401185
You're going to trust the word of a doctor who refused to the ticket agreement? No no no no no my friend. A swine like that can't be trusted.
>>
>>10401172
Well now I can only hope a court grants him extreme compensation with severe punitive damages.
>>
>>10401284
You would think someone with a PhD would be able to read and comprehend things like a ticket agreement.
>>
>>10401198
>Leave the police work to the people who are built for that job.
Lawyeranon here. I sue cops regularly for all kinds of stupid shit. Never sued a cop who didn't deserve it either.

Cops aren't "built for the job"? Fuck. Few of them are "built for the job." Most of them were D+/C- students who don't understand the rules they enforce any better than the people they enforce them against. Paranoid cowards who daddy didn't show enough love to in childhood. Think a gun and badge make them Judge Dredd while their marksmanship is fucking shit.

Next time you're sucking a cop's dick, try humming "continuum of force".
>>
1. All Airlines overbook
2. The fact that he was Asian is irrelevant
3. the fact that he was a doctor is irrelevant
4. The Airline is legally able to remove you

Issue is did the police use excessive force in removing this passenger.
>>
>>10401285
That should set a great precedent for every shitty Chinese tourist and laqueesha who doesn't wanna get off a plane.
>>
>>10401293
You are also informed of the possible consequences of low priority tickets.
>>
>>10401293
It's already been proven, ASIANs cheat like madmen in school. No shock. Puns intended.
>>
>>10401294
How would you defend an unstable man who refused to comply and resisted arrest?
>>
America fuck yeah
>>
>>10401296
>4. The Airline is legally able to remove you

They are able to remove you if they oversold the flight. They didn't oversell the flight.
>>
>>10401222
As you can hear in the video, there are suggestions that the pilot could've used a rental car instead of taking the man's seat, so it's safe to assume it's not an incredibly long journey.

A man who passed through boarding was told to get up and leave, refused and called his lawyer and was manhandled and knocked unconscious by an officer (who by the way has been placed on leave after his dept. admitted he didn't follow SOP, so you're defending him even as his employers don't).

Noncompliance isn't resistance. He made no attempt to resist them when they grabbed him, he was simply jammed in as they were trying to drag him straight over an armrest (that, had they not been in such a rush to physical force, they could've moved out of the way to make taking him out of his seat so much easier and less painful for him).

He was in no way mentally unstable for refusing to leave a flight he paid to be on, and if it were so important that someone was taken off the plane, better incentives to volunteer should've been offered by the airline.

As I said above, even the officer's employers are saying he fucked up in how he treated the guy, so you're pretty much on your own in agreeing with his actions.

Again, the guy wasn't crazy, though after being knocked unconscious he was clearly dazed and confused. I'm not sure how you figure he fucked with police by sitting in his seat, on the phone with a lawyer and not getting up. It's entirely possible that on another day, he'd have been the one in the wrong. Unfortunately, as soon as the officers resorted to excessive force and knocked a 69 year-old doctor unconscious his stubbornness pales in comparison.
>>
>>10401296
Tasing a person who physically resists being cuffed is fair game.
>>
>>10401275
i was moreso referring to the fact that they overbill the amount of seats they have
>>
>>10401309
They did oversell and his ticket was lower than everyone elses.
>>
>>10401294
>Lawyeranon here.
Well then, you must have a ton of experience as a first responder.
I mean, after all, you went to law school!
Hey, you know what? Nothin against you.
I mean, when dayquillin beats up with baby momma for the 50th time and starves his kids, someones gotta stick up for him, too.
>>
>>10401307
>Unstable. Resisted arrest.

Not relevant here.
>>
>>10401294
Why would you go and lie on the Internet about what you do for a living
>>>/pol/
>>
>>10400639
Nice bait.
>>
>>10401325
They didn't oversell. US Airlines admits this. It's not up for fucking debate.

And we don't know whether he had a cheap ticket or not. And it doesn't make a difference in the contract of carriage.
>>
it blows my mind how people in this thread are justifying this. i'm just glad to know that non of these neck beards will ever find a woman that would ever consider having a child with them. let the hate consume you, ya fuckin losers ;)
>>
>>10400614

This is how I look at it. My girlfriend travels a lot for her job, and if someone were to do this to her during one of her flights, it would infuriate me.
>>
>>10401347
>And we don't know whether he had a cheap ticket or not.
How else did you think he was chosen?
>>
>>10401327
>Arbitrary, self-righteous bullshit

Yes, because cops never abuse or overstep their power. Especially not in America!

But here's what the Chicago Department of Aviation had to say about their employee:
>The incident on United flight 3411 was not in accordance with our standard operating procedure and the actions of the aviation security officer are obviously not condoned by the Department. That officer has been placed on leave effective today pending a thorough review of the situation

So even actual first responders responsible for the officer in question agree with the lawyeranon and not you.
>>
>>10401251
I honestly see no wrong doing. United should have known about the overbooking before boarding. Also they only offered passengers $800, when they are legally obligated by the board of transportation to make a offer of up to $1300 before taking other measures. All of this before we take into consideration that the man is a doctor on his way to a patient.
>>
>>10401318
That is fair to a degree except air travel is not profitable unless you can ensure near filling every time which means you need to over book because people regularly don't show up.

>>10401330
Yes it is. He was rightfully asked to leave the plane by the staff and he refused. He was then asked by the police to leave the plane. He refused to comply. The police ordered him off the plane and he refused. They placed him under arrest and ordered him to turn around and place his hands on his head, he refused and physically stop them from cuffing his arm. That is grounds for tasing.

>>10401310
there are problems here

>Taking his seat
It was never his seat and that is probably why you are having trouble here, with his low priority ticket he bought the chance at getting on. The pilot used a higher priority ticket.

>The pilot could have used a rental car

So it is okay to inconvenience one paying customer but not another? What is your logic here?

>passed through boarding
passing through the gate and getting on the plane is not the right to stay on the plane. This is well established as a precedent and it was explained to him when he bought a low priority ticket.

>manhandled and knocked unconscious by an officer
This is categorically incorrect. He was not touched aside from attempting to cuff him. He was tazed and hit his head when falling.

>(who by the way has been placed on leave after his dept
This is nonsense, all officers involved in use of force are placed on leave. It does not indicate any wrong doing

>Noncompliance isn't resistance
He was in non compliance when they ordered him to leave. He was resisting when he drew away from them when told he was under arrest.

>he was simply jammed in as they were trying to drag him straight over an armrest
Again this is categorically incorrect as stated above.

>He was in no way mentally unstable
The end of the video shows differently. He was however breaking airline policy and breaking the law
>>
>>10401360
According to news sources, it wasn't random but was decided based on criteria such as not splitting up families, travel plans etc. Nowhere does it say it was because he bought a cheap ticket, which you'd assume they'd want to clarify, were it the case.

I guess they didn't take the fact he's a doctor with patients to see into consideration.
>>
>>10401366
>into consideration that the man is a doctor on his way to a patient.
Yeah uh huh. A doctor who can barely speak English, doesn't understand the ticket agreement, and can't afford to pay regular price for a plane ticket. Sounds legit. I bet he's a leader in his field, like Ben "legit retard" Carson.
>>
>>10401365
That statement reaks of lipservice to the public.
>>
how could he get on the plane if he had no seat?

why didnt they stop him at the gate?
>>
>>10401386
>Ben "legit retard" Carson
The guy who performed the first surgical separation of Siamese twins conjoined at the head without killing either twin? That Ben Carson?

I'm sure your accomplishments put that to shame, right? It was only a new form of brain surgery.
>>
>>10401316
Yes it is, but he isn't being cuffed nor arrested.
>>
>>10401395
Get your facts straights. THEY BOTH DIED. Both of them!
>>
>>10400815
I don't even know what this is supposed to mean.
>>
>>10401310
Incentives are only offered when the plane is over sold and ALL ticket priorities are at base. All stand-by tickets would be removed first.

The employer making a statement after an incident is not lawfully binding and it is always done to lower tensions.

>the guy wasn't crazy
He refused to co-operate with police on a plane and was extremely unbalanced during the video.

>His seat
Again, it wasn't his it was the pilots. The pilot didn't go fight the doctor because he was in his seat.

Had he called his lawyer earlier his lawyer would have told him to do exactly what the police say because he has no claim to wrong doing and he never has the right to resist arrest.

>Excessive force
Tazing a person resisting arrest is not excessive

I feel for you, you seem to be very empathetic and hurt for the doctor but your lack of information tells me that you are too rooted in your emotional investment and you are overlooking important details.
>>
>>10401347
You do not remove full paying passengers ever if there are stand-by priority tickets. The pilot was on a stand-by priority which means the doctor was also on a lower stand-by priority.
>>
>>10400684

>Deriving an opinion on the incident from a fraction of the overall exchange.

4chan might still be as toxic as it was a decade ago, but goddamn has it gotten a lot more full of fucking stupid people.
>>
>>10401389
they wanted to make room for the stewardesses (staff) cause the airlines booked the seats where the staff would have sat
>>
>>10401403
Neither of them died, you misinformed fool. They did both suffer brain damage.
>>
>>10401395
He cut them apart and gave them both irreversible brain damage, putting one in a coma and died. Hell I can do that. I have a steady hand. I'm just no dumb enough to attempt it like Slow Ben.
>>
>>10401379
>Nowhere does it say it was because he bought a cheap ticket
They do not remove full paying passengers unless they are oversold with full paying passengers. Pilots flying for business are still on their passes which are not full price.

United wont say that he doesn't have a full paying ticket because it will look bad. It will look like they are trying to blame him for not paying full price which would be extremely callous in this situation.
>>
>>10401386
So hypothetically speaking you'd be if you were in a critical care unit and your doctor was chosen at random to miss his flight?
>>
>>10401398
He was placed under arrest when he refused the command to leave the plane. He refused to turn around to be cuffed. He was tazed.
>>
>>10401395
The guy that thought the pyramids were grain silos.
>>
>>10401386
>can barely speak English
You don't even hear him speak before suffering serious brain damage, you fucking moron.
>>
>>10401433
>Hell I can do that
Dunning-Kruger syndrome at work. They both lived for 20+ years after the surgery, you could not have accomplished that with 80s technology.
>>
>>10401441
He wasn't chosen at random he had a low priority ticket. Also if there was an emergency to move a doctor across the country there is a special priority they get that are higher than all others and that is only if emergency lifts aren't available.
>>
>>10401459
>suffering serious brain damage
I'm sorry doctor, what is the basis of your diagnosis?
>>
>>10401378
>He was rightfully asked to leave the plane...

Except that's not true. He was not rightfully asked to leave the plane. In this situation, United had no right--contractual or otherwise--to demand he leave the plane. Insisting that he leave the plane was wrong. That they summoned PD to forcefully do what they had no right to do, will only hurt United even more.

>Passed through boarding

The terms of carriage are explicit that boarding may be refused. It does not state that boarded passengers can be removed because of an "overbooking". And this was, of course, not an overbooking situation.

>so it's is okay to inconvenience one paying customer...

Are you fucking retarded? There was no "other paying" customer. The seats were for airline employees.

UA filled its flight. Before they left the terminal, they decided at the last minute that they wanted to move some employees to a different airport. So, they expected 4 paying customers to get off the plane.

By doing this, United violates its own written terms of carriage.

>Noncompliance isn't resistance.
Yeah, that's not nonsense. Sometimes noncompliance is not resistance. Sometimes it is.

>when he told he was under arrest
No one told him he was under arrest.
>>
>>10401447
Non-Compliance=/=Arrest.

He wasn't arrested.
>>
>>10401462
>Dunning-Kruger syndrome
You mean the Dunning-Kruger effect. You seem to have completely missed the point. He said he could cut a persons head open and kill them.
>>
>>10401378
It was his seat. He paid for that seat. There is no indication, from the airline or anyone else, that he was asked to give up his seat because it was low priority. In fact all the airline have said is that they selected passengers based on certain criteria, but that it wasn't random.

The pilot is an employee at or on his way to work. He shouldn't be prioritised over an already seated, paying member of the public. I now realise that the flight was Chicago to Louisville which is a fair way to drive though, so I take that back. However, it's a short flight with a 1 hour time zone difference, so the pilot could've easily taken another flight and been ready to work the next day.

You're assuming a hell of a lot about what was explained to him with his low priority ticket when nobody actually knows if the ticket even was low priority. I can understand bumping someone before boarding, but after boarding there better be a good reason or I'd be infuriated as well.

You're also assuming he was tazed, which he wasn't by all accounts. You don't know very much about this incident, yet you're assuming a hell of a lot about it. Watch the video. The officers drag him, forcefully, over a lowered arm rest. Their negligence and rush to force causes his injuries.

The officer's department already stated that they do not condone his actions, which you'd know if you'd actually looked into the incident. It's not just being placed on leave, they outright stated that's not the SOP and they don't condone what he did.

At no point in the video do they stop and tell him he's under arrest, nor does he try to resist or draw away. Watch again, they reach over with no verbal communication and begin dragging him as he screams. It's funny that you're accusing my info of being "factually incorrect" when it appears you haven't even properly watched the video AND you're pulling a load of info out your ass that you couldn't possibly know unless you have some insider knowledge.
>>
>>10400675
Why didn't the last person to board get bumped?
>>
>>10401462
>They both lived for 20+ years after the surgery
Comas count as living. Yeah uhuh. I can see what I'm dealing with here.
He gets to ignore the Hippocratic oath of doing no harm, and become the first doc to perform that surgery so morons like you can be impressed. There's a reason he's not a doctor anymore. Too many malpractice lawsuits. He sucks, is legit retarded, and thing he is famous for, was criminal negligence.
>>
>>10401472
A bloody mouth lol
>>
>>10401378
>>10401479
Oh yes, and the end of the video doesn't show mental instability, unless you're an idiot.

As you can read in other posts in this thread, and as I'll reiterate, both severely stressful situations and recent head trauma can lead to people acting in the manner he did AFTER his injuries were sustained and he'd already been unconscious.

But sure yeah, guy wasn't in his right mind after having his face pummeled into an arm rest so hard it knocked him out, while three officers roughly dragged him around.
>>
>>10401472
actual fucking unconsciousness when he hit his head, he's returned to the plane after being dragged off much later than is shown in the video
>>
>>10400658
>Police tell you to do something
>refuse
>Think that you're getting your ass beat because you bought a cheap ticket.

Nigger can you get any more retarded
>>
>>10401508
>Police beating an old man for not leaving a seat
>Totally acceptable

America
>>
>>10401473
>In this situation, United had no right--contractual or otherwise
You are mistaken. He had a stand-by ticket which is not guaranteed passage even if you have already boarded. He had a lower priority ticket than the pilot so he was bumped. This is standard procedure.

>The terms of carriage are explicit that boarding may be refused
There is already a precedent here. They are allowed to remove a bumped passenger because it is more efficient than having all stan-by passengers waiting until the last moment before telling which ones get on. Firstly this creates extra delays because you have late boarding, secondly it increases the delay because stand-by passengers often have family waiting to hear if they got on or not so there is a mess of trying to text, finally it causes unnecessary tension at the gate when someone being bumped sees the people who got in ahead of them.

This has been upheld in court every single time it goes to court.

>The seats were for airline employees
Airline employees use passes. Those passes are lower than full paying unless they pay. The Pilot either paid for full priority or the doctor had one of the lowest possible passes. Please do some research.

>4 paying customers
They would start by bumping low priority passes. If they had to bump a full paying passenger they have to compensate but they are allowed to remove those passengers.

>>Noncompliance isn't resistance
He was non compliant and resisted.

>No one told him he was under arrest
The police told him he was under arrest when he refused the command to leave the plane.
>>
>>10401475
He was non complaint and resisted arrest. He was non compliant when he refused the command to leave the plane and he resisted arrest when he refused to be cuffed.
>>
>>10400659
The real issue is they instantly escalate and drag him out of the plane let that settle in. One thing is if there was a long argument etc but to forcibly remove someone instantly especially an old Asian who looks like he's in his 40s is disgusting. United should have just offered more money if they wanted to get someone off. Even financially it would have been the better choice because now they will hopefully get fucked in the ass by lawsuits, at the very least less people will want to give them money.
>>
>>10400980
>Everything le american's do or say is le bad because america is le bad
This is still a think?
>>
>>10400675
Why did they Escalante the situation so fast

Why didn't they just offer more money.
>>
black lives matter's worst offense was creating a breed of people who will defend police officers no matter what they do
>>
>>10401481
They board by priority brackets. The stand-by passengers are the last. He was boarded and a higher priority passenger came to the gate so he was asked to leave. This is completely normal in air travel.

>>10401490
>a bloody mouth

Is always sever brain damage? I mean I wouldn't know I'm not a doctor but I would suspect you aren't either. Let's ask the doctor from the plane.

>>10401504
He was not unconscious, hey was tazed and then hit his head, he was dazed but moving. None of that is an indicator of sever brain damage.
>>
>>10401018
Yeah it's all part of the man's system. Me and this /b/ro will take down the corporate scum that is airlines and police!
>>
>>10401551
I guarantee you if these people were on a plane and some guy refused commands by the police they would be cowering in fear and hoping the police tazed him as quickly as possible.
>>
>>10400614
Who cares? Shit like this always happens
But is it okay? Who gives a shit cause tomorrow is another day, he simply shouldn't have acted like a Cunt and asked for reimbursement, gotten another ticket and fucked off on his jolly way, but he didnt
>>
>>10401548
>Why did they Escalante the situation so fast
>Why didn't they just offer more money.
why did the yellow nigger act like a little faggot and kick and scream like a literal child.

it was a predetermined course of action, and the "doctor" refused. i dont care how violent they were.
>>
>>10401554
He wasn't tazed, why are people suddenly saying this?

Not only does the video not show him being tazed, no other passengers or staff have said he was tazed. It's just some completely fabricated piece of misinformation people are hanging their hats on. He was dragged, smashed his face and was knocked unconscious.
>>
>>10400833
>instantly escalating to violence and tarnishing your brand and facing lawsuits is cheaper then just shelling out a bit more money for someone to give their seat

Got to love how cheap companys are. God bless capitalism!
>>
File: cop meets boomstick.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cop meets boomstick.webm
3MB, 480x360px
Cop getting what he deserves. ACAB.
>>
>>10401541
>United should have just offered more money if they wanted to get someone off.
yes good goy! more and more money! uh oh, mr. ching chong still wont leave...um maybe more money!?!?!?!?!

this is the most retarded fucking solution out there
stfu you moron. he clearly wouldnt have given up his seat no matter how much they were willing to pay him.
>>
>>10401571
don't you know you can just make up facts now and they're true? mister make america great again is an excellent role model
>>
>>10401541
You sound like a bitch let that settle in.
>>
>>10401548
>Why did they Escalante the situation so fast
They didn't you are seeing a tiny glimpse of part of the situation. The police asked him and then ordered him to leave which is completely legal and justified. He still refused so they placed him under arrest. He was then tazed and dragged away. That is as slow as escalation gets.

>Why didn't they just offer more money
He wasn't entitled to any money. He was on a low priority pass.

>>10401571
The video starts at the tazing, you hear him scream and then they drag him off. What video are you watching?

What happened in your mind? A big dumb cop punched him in his face with a big ham fist, the poor doctor stood up for 3 seconds screaming loudly and then fell over?
>>
>>10400702
Illigels havent done anything. Illegals on the other hand are a wrench in a bunch of cogs. They might not mean to do harm, but there are systems in place it can fuck up. There are different countries with different laws for different reasons. They evolved with those laws and cultures then people try to move to a separate area and are surprised when it doesn't suck their cock
>>
>B-B-BUT THE PILOT COULD HAVE DRIVEN THERE

Because some fat woman said it was a good idea? Here's an idea: if she cared so much she should have given up her seat.

People just like to be contrarian and right now the popular target is anyone with authority over you.
>>
>>10401563
Nice m8 I'm glad you think people should get hurt at any instance of resistance. But all morals aside now united is going to end up paying more in brand recognition and lawsuits so at the end of the day a bit more customer service would have helped them.
>>
>>10401580
the point of offering money is so anyone on the plane will take the offer, not just the man in that seat
if someone takes the money offer, they now have a seat open, and this man doesn't have to get off
but since they refused to raise the money offer, nobody left and they used violent measures to remedy it.
>>
>>10401574
Not only that, have you seen the PR nightmare it's since become?

>They released a statement calling what they did to him "re-accommodating" him.

>Then the email their CEO sent to his staff was leaked, in which he insinuates it was this guy's own fault

>130,000,000 Chinks are raging about it on Weibo, assuming it's because he's Chinese

>Several million people are raging over it on Twitter

>Newspapers and sites worldwide are reporting on it.

>United stock is falling fast already.

What a perfect shitstorm.
>>
>>10401583

>that is as slow as escalation gets
Nope. The police department already commented that the officers did not follow Standard Operating Procedure. And police departments are notorious for following their thin blue line and sticking together.

>he was on a low priority pass
Prove it.
>>
>>10401595
Remember: No one cared enough to leave the plane. They all would rather have the police beat up a doctor so that they wouldn't be inconvenienced.
>>
>>10401541
No one is going to start recording til after it escalates. Quit being a fucking moron and judging by strictly what's in the video.
>>
>>10401604
There's no PR nightmare.

Literally no one will care about this tomorrow, and if they do it will be a welcome respite from bullshit trump whiners.

People will just buy whatever plane ticket is cheapest and move on with their lives. Half the people who had heard this will probably blame Southwest anyways cause people are retarded.
>>
>>10401607
>did not follow Standard Operating Procedure
You are mistaken. They always release statements like this and then when it comes time to press charges they wont speak out against the officer. This is done to calm the public.

>Prove it

He was being removed from the plane to allow an employee passage. Employees use lower than full price priority.
>>
>>10401473
People love to justify violence, and they love to believe the police are inherently good. And most are--but the CPD was basically UA Security at that point.

UA is going to have bad PR, but I'm pretty sure the injured doctor won't get much in damages... There's a lot of fine print in air fare, and it may come out that, despite the violence, that UA acted within its rights.

Now did UA act ethically or morally? Of course not. Yay,

I have read that the DOT guarantees rights for refunds which airlines would rather you not know about
>>
>>10401616
>injured doctor won't get much in damages
He wont get anything in damages. He broke the law.

You don't have to believe me but I dare you to follow the story.
>>
>>10401583
You fucking dumbass, in no point do you see him tazed, and all witness accounts refer only to him being DRAGGED. Tazing is not mentioned ANYWHERE.

What happened in my mind, and in real life, is that he was dragged over a lowered arm rest awkwardly and with a lot of force, so he smashed his face off of the arm rest in the other aisle and was knocked out.
>>
>>10401616
>rights for refunds
Not to low priority passes.
>>
>>10401613
Sure, 130 million Chinese raging at the airline + millions of others worldwide, plus PR attempts exacerbating the situation, plus awful-looking leaked internal emails, PLUS worldwide 100% negative news coverage will not affect United stock at all...
>>
>>10401551
Seriously it's ridiculous. Force should not be used so easily by officers at least to the level where people are getting hurt or shot without even trying to deescalate the situation. but a cop attacking someone over someone attacking a cop should be more taboo. Honestly people who try to harm cops are scum but I rather live in a society where cops can't just kill or attack someone without making sure its for the right reason rather then if they can get away with it.
>>
>>10401624
Actually that was just bait. It is clear in the video he hit his head on the armrest. That is obvious. Too many people were saying the officers struck him so I just took it in the other direction.
>>
>>10401551
Painfully true
>>
>>10401639
>implying the chinese care about eachother

I'm sure all those dead babies are happy to hear it.
>>
>>10401642
Pretty decent bait tbqh, you got me.
>>
>>10401580
Hey moron they offer money to anyone in the plane not just one guy. Someone would have gotten of for the right amount. Hell it's the more capitalist decision rather than the shit that actually happened.
>>
>>10401595

Or maybe it's a better idea that airlines actually sell things that actually fucking exist?

You don't go to fucking McDonald's, pay, then expect to have a 10% chance of not getting any food and get told to go figure something out.
>>
>>10400614
LAND OF THE FREE, HOME OF THE BRAVE

TOP FUCKING KEK

what a shit hole country. makes me kek so hard

just another reason you rank outside the TOP 20 for personal freedoms

and someone shot up a school today as well

kek
>>
>>10401551
The only thing the police did that was wrong was they didn't tase him in his seat. He broke the fucking law.

I hate anti-taser faggots. Like what do you want? It's as non lethal as it gets without putting the officers in danger when you are dealing with a fucking nutjob like this.
>>
>>10401659
kek you just proved anon's point
>>
>>10401649
They don't care about individual chinks, no.

But they certainly care about any assumed discrimination against Chinese. Once 130 million of them have decided United is discriminatory towards the Chinese, you can be sure that will have an effect.
>>
>>10401609
Have you seen that man though do you honestly think he could have posed any threat to those officers? It's stupid to think they could not remove him without having to give him a bloody nose.
>>
>>10401613

>>Calls people who dislike Trump's corporatist agenda "whiners"

>>Defends some faceless conglomerate that fucks people over at every chance to make a buck

Gee, why am I not fucking surprised.
>>
>>10401622
Nah, I believe you. I have been following the story all day. The man *might* get damages in a civil suit from CPD because if that video, but yeah... UA will continue on, because airlines are going to keep flying and fuck you if you try and save a buck.
>>
>>10401614

>You are mistaken.

The Chicago Department of Aviation said the incident was "not in accordance with our standard operating procedure." It also said that the dragging of the passenger was "obviously not condoned by the department."

"That officer has been placed on leave effective today pending a thorough review of the situation," the department said in a statement to NBC News.

No YOU are wrong.

>He was being removed from an overbooked plane.

In no article or press release do i even see the mention of low-priiority passes being involved.
According to the people onboard the airline told them they were going to be picking people at random.

So noone said that they were low-prio passes, the passangers were not informed they were going by low-prio passes.
>OH NAW MAN! HE WAS ON A LOW PRIO PASS!

Stop being a sperg.
>>
>>10401672
United is gonna offer him $10,000 first, then $40,000, and then lose a lawsuit for a couple of mil.
>>
>>10401653
For a more accurate analogy, imagine going to McDonald's for a meal, paying, getting your meal and just as you sit down to eat it the staff come over and take it off you because "our staff need this more than you, we'll make you a new one in 20 minutes."

Then imagine people defending the local PD kicking your ass because you refused to accept it.
>>
>>10401613
>literally nobody will care

I'm not even leftist or a liberal but if a pepsi ad got so much buzz a company and officers forcibly remove someone after resorting to violence with all these videos taken. Oh people are going to eat thar up don't even kid yourself.
>>
>>10401653
>actually sell things that actually fucking exist?
Hi stupid. Here's the thing. People are idiots and don't show up for their flights all the time. If the airlines didn't over sell they would be completely non profitable.

So what would happen to the airlines? The shut down and get whats coming to them? Nope, they get fully funded by your tax dollars. Does that sound good to you? A huge tax increase so other people can fly to the places they need to be?

>Food analogy
top lel m8

Here's a better one you fat piece of shit. You go to the donut shop real early in the morning hoping to get some day olds for cheap but some one else already bought them and then you refuse to leave until you get the day olds and the poor donut man has to call the cop and they try to talk you out of the store but you are too buy yelling at them in chinese so they grab you to throw you out and you trip because you are fat and can't balance and you knock yourself out on the door.
>>
>>10401613
its gone viral
everyone aus station is reporting it
it looks really fucking bad. you hear that one story, and you may pay the extra $50 to go on another airline.
they never mention he bought some low cheap ticket that if it fills up you get booted off
they say he bought a ticket, they asked for volunteers, no one did, he got volunteered, said no and he got beaten up as he was dragged onto the plane.
this sort of shit happens in shit tier aids ridden countries, of which the USA is now one. enjoy.
>>
>>10401673

it's incredible how easy it is to just make up facts and have the entire thread use them as the basis for their arguments

this is how we get a president whose statistics can be traced back to a single conservative making up numbers on twitter
>>
>>10401665
The only people that think this is race discrimination are rich white liberals.
>>
>>10401659
Until the guy you tase has a fucking pacemaker.
>>
File: 1488376445103.gif (1023KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
1488376445103.gif
1023KB, 500x361px
>there are people ITT that are so cucked they will defend officer violence and incompetent corporation practices
>>
>>10401682
find an airline that will offer you a new seat in 20 minutes and you'll have solved everything
>>
>>10401681
I sincerely wish that were true. The established legal precedents say otherwise.
>>
>>10401698
pretty much this. usa is a shit tier aids backwater filled with dumb cucks who think their guberment can do no wrong
>>
>>10401665
Unlike BLM, Chinese are too busy going to work to protest/march
>>
>>10401673
Dumb dumb. Read what I said. They always issue statements like that during use of force investigations because it calms the public. They are not legally binding.

>low-priiority passes being involved
Because united hasn't given out that information because it will look like they are blaming him for not paying full price. Let me explain why I know it is a low priority ticket. The pilot. He is an employee. Employees use LOW PRIORITY PASSES. The doctors pass was lower than a mid to low stand-by pass. Get educated.

>Stop being a sperg
Stop being a martyr for the doctor. He broke the law and knocked himself out.
>>
>>10401613
Here's how it will hurt them: next time a lot of people are looking for cheap tickets and find a few of around the same price, they will choose one of the ones that isn't United, even paying a little more to avoid them.

>>10401691
Here in the UK it's on the main morning breakfast shows right now. It's not some little local thing.
>>
>>10401681
He is going to get not a damned thing from united. PD might pay a small punitive fine to him. It's like you don't know a thing about what you are talking about. Weird.
>>
>>10401582
2edgy4me
>>
>>10401696
Better than bullets you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>10401716
0/10 for originality
>>
>>10401706
I was scaling the time frame down in comparison. Waiting 20 mins for fast food is like waiting hours for a new flight, I think.
>>
>>10401716
You don't need to protest or march.

Just choose an airline that isn't United next time you're looking for a flight.
>>
>>10401667
It's stupid to think he was removed for being a threat. He had to be physically removed for failing to honor his ticket agreement and refusing to leave his seat.
>>
>>10401728
Says the putz defending neofascism
>>
>>10401733
United would probably welcome and benefit from that.
>>
>>10401582
How because I don't want offers and corporations to use excessive force the moment I don't do what they say. I'm sorry I'm not a cuck like you m8
>>
>>10400845
/underated post
>>
>>10401741
>United playing 8D chess

Genius
>>
>>10401718

No its not legally binding but they put out a statement. That yes it was against SOP

So i have the statement from the actual authorities involved who would know what would fall under SOP and i have the ramblings of someone online who says "naw they always do this, it actually means the opposite!"

You saying "they always do this" does not invalidate that they did infact make such a statement and for now, Everyone should take that at face value if we are going to go into legality.

Fact is, they were not informing the passangers that they were going to be going by low-priority.
Fact is that they have not released a statement regarding low-priority passes being involved.

You are just making up a narrative that fits you without looking at the facts which are:

>Chicago Department of Aviation puts out statement that this was against the Standard Operating Procedure and place the officer in question under leave.

>The airline has not come out with any statement regarding low-priority passes.

>The airline did not inform passangers about low-priority passes according to the passangers.

But you have spun a narrative for yourself that directly contradicts all the actual facts and evidence we currently have, this is not me being emotional and irrational, this is you being irrational and forming a narrative on assumptions and thin air.

So stop sperging out.
>>
>>10401732
don't forget the extra uncompensated $20 you have to pay for the booth to wait in unless you wanna wait on the street. and the other $500 for the surgery you missed. and the unhappy/dead patient
>>
>>10401185
>He's a doctor, he's assuredly somewhat reasonable, no?

You've never dealt with a doctor before. They are always "the boss". Doctors can't stand being told what to do because they are infallible.
>>
>>10401735
There is nothing wrong with what united did. The police responded exactly like they should have except they tried to physically remove him instead of safely tazing him/
>>
>>10400664

All the more reason to not be a stupid penny-pinching faggot and buy an overbooked ticket, then complain later.
>>
>>10401792
You can't buy an overbooked ticket, moron. You can only be sold one.
>>
>>10401755
>No its not legally binding but they put out a statement.
Like they do every single use of force investigation.

> does not invalidate that they did infact make such a statement and for now
It is already invalid because it has no bearing on anything.

>Fact is, they were not informing the passangers that they were going to be going by low-priority

They do when you buy a low priority ticket for cheap. Every single time.

>Fact is that they have not released a statement regarding low-priority passes being involved.

I already explained this. Employees use lower than full price priority so the doctor was a lower priority than the pilot.

>Statements are always release in favor of the civilian. This has no bearing on any investigations

>The pass was low priority because the pilots was low priority

>All customers using stand-by or discounted tickets are informed of the nature of stand-by

>forming a narrative on assumptions and thin air

I fly all over north america monthly for business. I use the sweet spot stand-by, just above the bulk of employee passes. I know all about getting bumped. I have been on planes that had to taxi back to the jetway to remove me because someone showed up late. It sucks but that is the nature of cheap travel. I even sat in the jumper seat a few times.

It sucks that the guy knocked himself out and the cops shouldn't have been so rough. They should have cuffed him and if he wouldn't let them then they should have tazed him but he caused this situation. Not United and not the police being called to remove him.
>>
basically if police ask you to leave an airplane for any reason, you should probably just do it.
>in b4 homophobic insinuations that cooperating with law enforcement to avoid an incident is in some way similar to enjoying sodomy

Cooperate now, get the issue resolved how they want it resolved and if their resolution infringed on your rights or caused undue burden you take it up with them afterwards. At that point it will likely be determined that your precious rights were not harmed and your burden was not undue. You were inconvenienced and it's time to put on the big boy pants and get over it.
>>
>>10401769
The doctor was not flying out to see a patient. They have special priority over everyone else when this happens but usually they use medical transports. Going to see a patient is going to turn out to be made up entirely or a social visit.
>>
>>10401810
This is what people don't understand. If your rights are violated your legally protected recourse is after the fact in court. You NEVER have the right to refuse a command from police and you certainly never struggle or fight with them.
>>
>>10401820
Good job he didn't struggle or fight with them, just sat there.

Which makes their reaction excessive force and against SOP.
>>
>>10401769
I doubt he is the pioneer of a revolutionary surgical technique that only he could perform.
>>
>>10401831
The police were in the wrong when they laid hands on him without placing him under arrest.

However he struggled. He flailed and screamed and ultimately knocked himself out. He has no right to do that. He does however have the right to pursue legal action against them for violating his rights.

He has hurt his case because he broke the law.
>>
>>10401327
Everyone, the D+/C- student.
>>
>>10401831
They issued him a lawful command.
He refused to comply and made a scene.

In post-911 air travel, that's practically a terrorist act. He's lucky they didn't shoot him.
>>
>>10401837
He's no Ben Carson.
>>
>>10401808

It has no bearing on anything? When were literally discussing if what the police used unecessary force or if it was atleast against SOP, a statement by the authoroties involved saying that it was not in accordance to SOP and them putting the officer on leave is somehow irrelevant to this conversation for you?

Are you dumb?

>They do when you buy a low priority ticket.

We have not established that they were in fact using low priority tickets. The passangers onboard were only informed they were going to be picking passangers at random.
And the airline has not come out with a statement that low-priority tickets were the deciding factor.

So this is just more baseless assumptions on your part.

>So the doctor was a lower priority than the pilot.

This is just your own narrative and assertion.
UNLESS The airline puts out a statement that yes this was because of them using low-priority tickets or some kind of system like that, which they have not done. Then you saying "it was because they were using low-priority tickets" is just as valid as someone else claiming "they were just kicking out whoever, regardless of their ticket status"
Fact is we do not know this is why they did so. And according to United and the Passangers they were informed onboard that it was "random" and please point out to me where standby passes are in effect after a person has already checked in their luggage and boarded the plane.

"The guy knocked himself out"

Now i know youre just trolling.
>>
>>10401852
He flailed and screamed because he was a 69 year old man being dragged over a stiff arm rest by three large, aggressive officers. He didn't choose to smash his own face off the side of a seat, he was dragged roughly into the aisle and their negligence and lack of care for his well-being led to him hitting his face.

He wasn't in control, they should've made sure when handling him not to injure him. They went in way too fast and roughly.

I was in the police for a while, I know SOP. It's why you usually see half a dozen officers subduing one suspect, for the suspect's own safety.
>>
United had the option to pick another passenger and even offer more money. All the excessive force was not needed. Good for United I hope they get fucked in the ass. And to all those who think it's okay for an officer to use violence unless absolutely needed. You guys are the biggest cucks and need to consider who you're bending over backwards for. The government, corporations, and officers should be held accountable for negligence violence should never be anything but the last option especially where there where alternative ways to fix this situation.
>>
>>10401870
>Are you dumb?
Are you? They do this with every use of force investigation. It has never had a bearing on the case because it is not lawfully binding. When it comes time for the actual investigation they will support him fully. This is a well established fact.

>they were in fact using low priority tickets
Yes I have, the passengers were bumped for an employee, employees use low priority passes. Low priority passes are always selected before full paying passengers.

>This is just your own narrative and assertion.
This is fact. That is how stand-by works.

>UNLESS The airline puts out a statement that yes this was because of them using low-priority ticket

They won't because right now the story is united did nothing wrong, the doctor is a jerk but fuck the police. They gain nothing by making a statement like that but they can lose a good deal by implying that he deserved to get knocked out because he didn't buy a real ticket.

>The guy knocked himself out
Watch the video, they are pulling on him up and out but he struggles out of their hands and lands face first on a headrest.

>>10401880

>He flailed and screamed because he was a 69 year old man being dragged over a stiff arm rest by three large, aggressive officers
He refused his agreement with the airline and police had to be called. He broke the law when he struggled against the police. He should have said "I refuse to co-operate but I wont physically resist" and then allow himself to be cuffed and removed from the plane. This establishes that he is not going willingly but will not endanger the officers. He can then pursue legal action after the fact. He had no right to refuse a command from the police and he had no right to struggle.
>>
>>10401919
>"I refuse to co-operate but I wont physically resist" and then allow himself to be cuffed and removed from the plane.

spoken like a true cuck
>>
>>10401919
He didn't need to say it, his actions showed it. He refused to cooperate but in no way physically resisted. He didn't even have time to physically resist; without warning the officers lunged, grabbed him and began to drag him from his seat. His reaction was one of shock and fear.

They drop him in their overzealous use of force and he smashes his face hard. Instead of stopping to aid him and check that he's alright, they just drag his limp body through the plane in full view of the passengers. Once he comes to, he's in a state of confused shock and possibly concussion, so he acts completely erratically.

The actions of the officers precipitated this entire situation. They escalated it at every opportunity.
>>
>>10401856
merica for you

top kek

what a shit hole
>>
>>10401948
That is how you're rights are protected. If you fight with police you are asking to get shot. There is nothing in the constitution, federal law or state law that lets you resist arrest or fight with police.

>>10401953
He was flailing and struggling when the police grabbed him. The police should not have grabbed him like that but it is illegal to fight back like that. His legal protection ONLY exists in a courtroom after the fact.

>Without warning the officers lunged and grabbed him

He had plenty of warning and refused a lawful command. The only thing the police did wrong was try to drag him into the aisle before cuffing him.

>His reaction was one of shock and fear
His reaction was to knock himself out on an armrest.

He wrestled out of their grip and dropped himself on the armrest. That is his fault. He decided to struggle illegally and hurt himself in the process. This is why police prefer many officers to one suspect because they can stop them from hurting themselves. But you couldn't get more than one officer into the seat at a time.

>They just drag his limp body

They can't tend to him in the aisle of the plane. There isn't enough room and that leaves them vulnerable to some one else who thinks it is a good idea to strike officers.

>The actions of the officers precipitated this entire situation

No, the doctor refused to obey the terms that were set and then refused to follow a lawful command. He is in the wrong against United and the Police.
>>
>>10401919

Even if 10 times out of 10 the authorities need to retract their statement later, the statement still holds before they retract it or change it.

Its as simple as that.

They say its against SOP. Therefor until further notice it was against SOP.

They did not tell the passangers this on board and they did not make such a statement in the media.

I can just as easily say "they did this because he was a chink" or "They did this completely randomly" i have just as much evidence backing that claim as you have yours.

Again youre basing this off ASSUMPTIONS not FACTS. You ASSUME he was using a low-prio ticket, you dont KNOW THIS FOR A FACT.

>Right now the story is United did nothing wrong.

Bwahahahahhahaha! You dont honestly believe this do you? Show me ANY news article that says "united did nothing wrong"

>He wouldnt be in that situation if police were following SOP which we have established that according to Chicago Department of Aviation THEY DID NOT FOLLOW SOP.
The problem is were dealing in FACTS and youre dealing with ASSUMPTIONS.

You ASSUME he was being kicked off the plane because he had a low priority ticket, though there is no evidence to support this.
You ASSUME the police was following SOP even though it contradicts what the authorities say.

FACT is they told the passengers it was random.
FACT is the Chicago Department of Aviation said it was not according to SOP and put the officer in leave.
FACT is the man suffered bodily harm due to the actions of both United and the officers in question.
>>
>>10401919
>They do this with every use of force investigation
Bullshit.
>>10401019
>>
>>10402000
>There is nothing in the constitution, federal law or state law that lets you fight with police
So if a cop acting on duty demands you bend over so he can stick it in your ass, you'd let him? After all, there's nothing in the law that says you can resist him, you'll just have to wait for the courts to sort it out later, right?
>>
>>10402009
>Therefor until further notice it was against SOP.
And you will get further notice and the original statement will not be held against them or the officer. Therefor it means nothing and is not an indicator of anything other than the desire to deflect criticism in the present.

>You ASSUME
No, I have made this clear. I travel frequently on stand-by. Employees all use employee passes which has a certain level of priority. For a passenger to be bumped for an employee they have to have a lower priority pass. That is how stand-by works. If you disagree you are free to fly stand-by or do some independent research.

>You dont honestly believe this do you?
The focus is on the police officer. What did united do wrong? You don't seem to know much about air travel.

>ASSUMPTIONS
I have made no assumptions. I have made deductions.

>You ASSUME the police was following SOP
I have clearly stated the officer was in the wrong. This does not mean that the passenger was not also in the wrong.

>You ASSUME he was being kicked off the plane because he had a low priority ticket
I have already explained how it is known he has a low priority ticket. Your lack of knowledge of commercial flight is holding you back here

>FACT is they told the passengers it was random
It is done by priority bracket and certain other considerations like unaccompanied minors and families.

>FACT is the Chicago Department of Aviation said it was not according to SOP
I know this and have stated this. The passenger still broke the law. The officer broke SOP when he grabbed the passenger to pull him into the aisle to cuff him instead of cuffing him in the seat.

>put the officer in leave
All officers in use of force investigations are put on leave. It is not an indicator of guilt.

>due to the actions of both United and the officers in question
United is not responsible for the officers actions.
>>
>>10402000
He didn't fight back. It's perfectly natural to recoil when someone, anyone, suddenly lunges at you without warning, especially if you are in a vulnerable position like seated in a tight space. The person lunging being a member of law enforcement doesn't override that instinctive reaction.

He had no warning. He was, we can assume, commanded to leave his seat but at no point is he told that he will imminently be physically removed, and no attempt is made to inform him immediately prior to the officer lunging at him.

Again, he didn't wrestle out of their grip. Watch the video again. He was partially trapped in his seat by the arm rest as officers continued to drag his upper body. We can reasonably assuming that this sudden use of force was not only very shocking, but also quite painful, which accounts for his screaming and "flailing" (recoiling). They don't take any care at all to ensure his safety and he falls because they're being so careless dragging him about. His face smashes into a seat. If enough time and care had been taken to ensure he was forewarned and to ensure his safety, it's reasonable to assume he probably wouldn't have dropped. In any case it's moot as the officers did not take enough care, making his injuries their responsibility.

There was no imminent danger of anyone striking the officers, and they can definitely make sure the man wasn't seriously injured before dragging him through the aisle like a sack of rubbish being taken to the kerb.

Your opinion might be that the doctor is responsible for what occurred, but that's not what most reasonable people would believe, neither is it what the officer's employers believe, as they already said they don't condone his actions, nor are they part of their SOP. He acted outside of SOP, rashly, and a member of the public was injured. Even if the doctor was wrong for not complying, the officer is responsible for the escalation of events and the doctor's injuries.
>>
>>10401019
Fucking pigs man. Seriously why the fuck do they resort to violence so easily.
>>
>>10402070
You should hit up the REKT topic if think this was violent, you sheltered pussy.
>>
>>10402029
>Bullshit
You don't have to believe it but it is a fact and it is a federally mandated practice for all police departments.

>so he can stick it in your ass, you'd let him?
Rape is not a civil liberty case and it is a ridiculous analogy. A realistic analogy would be you just sat down on a bench to eat your lunch and an officer comes up and says you are loitering and you need to leave. You say no, you just got here. He puts you under arrest, cuffs you and brings you to the station and later releases you with no charge. Your recourse is in a court of law. If you yell at the cop that you aren't leaving and then resist arrest you are breaking the law. You may not like it but that is the american legal system.

>He didn't fight back
If he didn't fight back he would have been walking along with the officer. He resisted the pull and started flailing. He wrestled out of their grip and hit his own head during the fall.

>He had no warning.

He was asked by united. He was warned by united. He was asked by the Police. He was commanded by the police. He had plenty of warning. When he flailed against the police he broke the law. When he refused the lawful command he broke the law.

>He didn't wrestle out of their grip

Watch the video he clearly breaks out of their grip and falls.

>There was no imminent danger

You don't know this. The passengers were very agitated and yelling at the officers and the doctor hit them many times while flailing.

>Seriously injured
That has been proven untrue as he is awake and making statements.

>your opinion

It is fact that the doctor broke the law twice and refused to honor his agreement with united. The officer acted outside of SOP but the doctor is responsible for the situation.
>>
>>10402080
>mother is billy-clubbed for J-walking
>lol mom u faggot get over it i saw a dude get his head blown off online u pussy
>>
>>10402093
>Rape is not a civil liberty case and it is a ridiculous analogy
A ridiculous analogy that comes up hundreds of times a year at a minimum. And your advice thus far would be to bend over and take it. So tell us, at what point would you consider it appropriate to fight back against a cop that's acting unlawfully violent against you?

http://archive.is/iRVBI
>>
>>10401019
>3am
>Camera is tuned to see more than the officers can
>Passenger flails and throws puches
>Officer pulls him out
>Can't see seat belt
>Passenger noncommunicative and flailing wildly
>Gets tased
>Officer can't see one of the leads is in the passengers eye

Sucks that it happened but you are seeing this after the fact and you know things the officers couldn't have known.

All they know is a drunk moron decided to drive and his passenger was stupid enough to get into the car with him. They don't know what hes on and they have no reason to believe he isn't violently resisting.
>>
>>10402080
>Kek getting bloodied for no valid reason is nothing fag
>at least they didn't slay you right on the plane

Good shit man. Next time the cops see someone speeding, instead of giving them a ticket they should just shoot at the car and beat the driver up if he lives.
>>
>>10402108
>our advice thus far would be to bend over and take it
I was clear that I wouldn't and no one would be expected to. You can argue with yourself if you like but that not what I said.

The fact is the officer wasn't unlawfully violent until the passenger started flailing. Had the officer grabbed him and started mirandizing there would be no issue here however the passenger started flailing and they had no choice but to drag him out. During this process there were only two officers able to hold him and he broke their grip and fell.

If you have committed no crime and are being arrested you have no right to fight back. If an officer comes up to you and begins to assault you then yes you can fight back but that is in no way what happened on the airplane.
>>
>>10402117
They did. Remember Dorner? Cops were shooting at trucks that didn't even look like his.
>>
>>10402065

Oh look even MORE ASSUMPTIONS!

They are lying to deflect criticism
>We dont know they will retract the statement. Baseless assumption that they will.

Travel often
>You still do not know if this was the case with this specific incident. You ASSUME its because of this, you dont know it for a fact.

What did united do wrong?
>Youre changing the argument. You said THE STORY CURRENTLY IS that United did nothing wrong. I ask again, point to any story(news outlet) that said United did nothing wrong.

Passenger also in the wrong
>The difference is the passengers actions did not result in bodily harm of the officer. "You called me the wrong name, therefor i have the right to concuss you, were both in the wrong!"

How low prio tickets work.
>I understand how they work. You have not established that this was the deciding factor here, infact passangers were informed it was going to be RANDOM.

It is done by priority.
>You are ASSUMING this is how they did it. You might be completely 100% correct, you may well be, but until United clarifies this point, we can just go by FACTS on what they did say, meaning they told passengers it was random.

The officer broke SOP when..
>Since you seem to be an expert on their Standard Operating Procedures in this instance. Please tell me what the SOP in this situation would have been? How many officers, how many warnings, what would be the factors that would escalate the situation to bodily contact, what would escalate this to violence? since this is an aircraft what would be the limits of these actions, since this was an elderly gentleman what would be the restrictions to bodily harm?
You dont know these things, again you ASSUME officers did mostly everything by the book, but you dont even know the fucking book!

United not responsible for officers actions
>Not for the officers actions but its their fault they overbooked the flight and started "RANDOMLY" throwing passengers out (according to them)
>>
>>10402130
Kek man I totally forgot about that. Bless the USofA
>>
>>10402126
>Cop arrests you for speeding
>orders you out of the car to search for drugs/guns
>orders you to bend over and drop pants to show nothing hidden under pants
>orders you to drop undies to prove no drugs hidden in underwear
>jams fingers up your anus to prove no drugs up ass
At what point do you resist?
>>
The last time I heard a grown man squeal like that, he was having his head involuntarily removed by a conservative member for The Religion of Peace. WTF happened to being a man? Either he was mentally ill, and needed to be forcibly removed, or he was simply a whiny bitch, and needed to be forcibly removed and then soundly beaten at the top of the jetway. Eurocucks, take it away...
>>
>>10402126

>if an officer comes up to you and begins to assault you then yes you can fight back.

So what exactly? So a muscular young officer many times your size, especially when youre an elderly man grabbing you and dragging you is not assault?

Ive actually worked in law enforcement and you have strict procedures for this. Unless you are in imminent harm or the suspect is escaping you never touch them without atleast 4 people backing you up. More if its a crowded area (airplane full of passangers qualifies)
This is done to not only assure the officer is safe, that the suspect is safe but also that the people around you are safe and there is no undue harm done to anyone.

The officer ignored this, i bet they were told by the airline "get this guy out of here, we need to take off" and they didnt bother waiting. Just a guess though.

Clearly this guy was not following protocol tho
>>
>>10402132
>We dont know they will retract the statement
They won't retract their statement, they don't have to. It isn't legally binding.

>his specific incident
this isn't about specifics. Employees use passes. Those passes are lower priority than full paying tickets. The only people that can be removed to make room for employees are lower priority tickets. The reality is he wasn't removed for the employee, he was always in the employees spot.

> the passengers actions did not result in bodily harm of the officer

It absolutely did. When he was flailing he hits the officers several times and that sort of strain on taught muscles is not insignificant.

> You have not established that this was the deciding factor here
I have, as stated above, employees use low priority tickets and people are removed by priority brackets. Because of this I know that the doctor had a lower priority ticket.

>You are ASSUMING this is how they did it
Nope, this is standard procedure for all airlines dictated by the FAA.

>Please tell me what the SOP in this situation would have been
I have already stated the appeals, requests and commands that were made. All that officer had to do was cuff instead of grab and it would have been been by procedure.

>You dont know these things, again you ASSUME
I have made no assumptions. Everything I have said is fact established by SOP and the video.

> they overbooked the flight
All flights are overbooked. Every single one. It is encouraged so that they remain profitable and don't rely on government subsidy.

>Randomly
4 passengers, including the employee, arrived at the gate after boarding. An announcement was made across the plane asking for volunteers to be bumped (these people receive monetary compensation as well as free hotel and food at the airport) no one volunteered. They then used a program to randomly select 4 passengers meeting certain criteria. It considers priority primarily and other things like not splitting families and....
>>
>>10402151
Fucking this.

Anyone who has worked in any law enforcement job knows this shit
>>
>>10402155
...certain passengers like unaccompanied minors and doctors traveling to other hospitals are never bumped.
>>
>>10402156
That's not even comparable to airport security and protocol. The mall cop routine doesn't work on an airplane. You take the fucker down immediately when they cause a disturbance.
>>
>>10402151
>So a muscular young officer many times your size
Most officers are not beefcakes. An officer grabbing and dragging you when you wont stop flailing is not assault. Remember in this case you are under arrest, you do not have the right to assault an officer even if it isn't a lawful arrest.

>atleast 4 people backing you

You have never worked as a police officer. You rarely even have access to one other officer.

>I bet those dirty pigs were bribed by the big evil jew corporation

You irrational bias against the airline is obscene. The police are not employed by the airlines. The FAA is not employed by the air lines.

The officer definitely broke protocol when he grabbed the passenger instead of cuffing him. The passenger broke the law when he resisted a lawful command and when he resisted arrest.
>>
>>10402164
>Mall cop routine

Okay. I worked in the Metropolitan Police in London. We dealt with shit like this non-stop. There is NO situation in which it is acceptable to use physical force against a non-threatening member of public, even if they aren't listening to you.

Arrest if need be, but you do it in a safe way that follows SOP. Forcefully and suddenly grabbing an old man who's just sitting there, then injuring him through your own negligence and dragging his unconscious body around crosses so many lines, it's at very least misconduct and more than likely gross misconduct.

As the above poster said, ignoring SOP and physically escalating the situation is even worse in crowded/sensitive areas like on planes. The officer endangered himself and everyone else on the flight by physically escalating the situation. If his head doesn't roll for this, I'd be very surprised.
>>
>>10402188
>Okay. I worked in the Metropolitan Police in London.
Stopped reading. Okay, sure thing buddy.
>>
>>10402188
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

your opinion is invalid. You guys get stabbed to death while waiting for the one guy with a taser to get to you. You also arrest people for owning baseball bats but muhammed running people over with his truck is A-OK
>>
>>10402155

>not binding
It isnt legally binding but it is very much relevant and SHOULD inform you when you base your argument on "the officers followed SOP" that the governing body responsible says they didnt.

>he was in the employees spot
Im just going to stop arguing with you after this. You keep repeating yourself without offering any evidence. The airlines said it was random, no indication of pass priorities involved. You are literally the only one involved brining them up.

>the strain on taught muscle
Oh my! He strained his muscles concussing the elderly asian man. Youre quickly becoming more of a joke.

>SOP for FAA.
Then they misinformed the passengers. And the passengers are not at fault. They say "it will be random" well why me instead of that guy then? Then later saying "oh it was actually because of this procedure we have that we did not inform you of" means how ever the passenger reacted was under false information provided by the airlines.

>by procedure
And i can tell you for a fact that no fucking handbook tells you, that you should wrestle a man in a crowded room when hes not being violent. The officer initiated contact, not the passenger, claiming the passenger "flailed" after the officer grabbed and started pulling him has no bearing, the officer initiated contact outside SOP. He needed backup, he needed several people to restrain him, the passenger seemed foreign so there might have been a language barrier. Utterly outside SOP. Please fucking educate yourself before you start speaking again, youre quickly becoming an embarrassment.

>Everything is established by SOP
Clearly fucking not i gave you 3 examples already! Possible language barrier, crowded room, more backup, restraining before forcefully moving, initiating violent contact, PULLING HIM LIKE A RAGDOLL instead of providing aid to a possibly concussed individual. The MOMENT his head went BANG against the handrail he needed to call for medical attention.
>>
>>10402188
>If his head doesn't roll for this, I'd be very surprised
>London
Good day to you sir. I see you are unfamiliar with American protocols when it comes to police fucking up. Here in America, the only unions that still have any true power are those of government workers, and the strongest of these are the police unions. As such, pretty much the only way a cop can get fired is to commit a sexual offense or a blatant crime while not on duty.

There was even one infamous case in which a pair of cops returned a rape victim to noted serial killer and cannibal, Jeffrey Dahmer, despite noting the foul stench of rotting corpses in his apartment. The police chief fired them both, but the union successfully overturned the decision and both officers retired with their full pensions years later.
>>
>>10402197
Not sure why that's unbelievable. It's a force of 50,000 employees.

>>10402198
Yes, we don't regularly murder people, true. Day to day it's same shit though, dealing with drunks and domestic disputes. There is no force in the world where how this officer acted is okay. Maybe the LAPD, but they get away with anything.
>>
>>10402155

>all flights are overbooked
So? Just because it what they always do does not mean they are not responsible, in part, for the incident.

>randomly
They told the passengers they were going to be choosing the passengers randomly. Not that this was going to be based off priority lists.

Not the passengers fault the airline misinformed the passengers that they were infact going to be using a priority based list.

IF infact this is the case and there is no statement showing that it was.

Saying "it was priority list" is no better than saying "it was racism."
>>
>>10402203
Well that's even more fucked up than I imagined.

I thought our unions were shit. I was forced to resign for getting into an argument with a bouncer (off-duty) and using a swear word...

Seems your unions have the opposite problem.
>>
>>10402200
>very much relevant
It is in no way relevant

>the officers followed SOP
I said they followed SOP right up until he grabbed the passenger instead of cuffing him. Reading comprehension is key.

>without offering any evidence
I have explained several times how stand-by works. It has worked this way since longer than I have been alive. You don't have to believe me, it is standard practice for all North American airlines.

>it will be random
The selection of which passenger is done by a program and it randomly selects an eligible passenger. All of this is outline when buying a low priority ticket.

>The officer initiated contact

I have stated this too, however the passenger immediately started flailing and other officers had to help grab him. Had the officer started mirandizing him at that moment the passenger would have been completely at fault for resisting.

As it stand the officer also broke SOP so the doctor will not be going to jail for refusing a lawful command and resisting arrest.

>Possible language barrier
This is you being racist. It is well established that the United was talking to him and even tried to incentivize him to leave with monetary compensation. We know he spoke english.

>crowded room
There are at least 4 officers in the area. The are is tight and only one can get into the seat.

>restraining
that is what they were trying to do when the passenger started flailing.

>instead of providing aid
You have never been around a first responder. They would not be able to render any assistance in that aisle. They would have had him moved.

>he needed to call for medical attention
you ASSUME they didn't.

>>10402209
LONDON where the police get murdered because it is impolite to murder violent criminals. Your police force is literally the joke of the police world and you know this. You should have fibbed and said any of the other members of the UK.
>>
>>10402164

>>10402164

On an AIRPLANE IN FLIGHT i would agree.
This was a grounded airplane and the airline was probably yelling in their ear "get this plane moving, get the fuckers out of the plane, fuck procedure!"

A GROUNDED AIRPLANE is no different from the lobby of the airport terminal or the tarmac outside with the only difference being its full of passengers, possibly foreign travelers so you have to be triple as precaution, what if the "flailing" chinese man was actually insane? Pulled out a hidden knife they didnt catch and started hacking at the other passengers causing an international incident?

He obviously did not but it means you have to be triple as fucking sure you follow protocols and procedures that youre not the one whos going to be thrown under the media bus when the dude scratches and cuts some traveling pop-starts pretty little face open or pops someones eye out.

THIS is why you have protocols and procedures, to MINIMIZE risk to EVERYONE involved. Even an honest doctor and family man ,you do not know how hes going to react if he feels threatened or if you just violently yank at him and concuss him.

And the dude later runs back on the plane! They were lucky it was just an old asian doctor and not some crazy guy who would run back in and bite out the throat of the first person he sees.
>>
>>10402216
>So?
So it is standard procedure for all airlines and it is encouraged by the federal government. No airline will ever be penalized for overbooking or the police reaction because of it.

>passengers randomly
Randomly from a list of eligible passengers. Randomly means they aren't picking a specific individual.

>Saying "it was priority list" is no better than saying "it was racism."
The priority list is decided by what kind of pass was purchased. Employee and standby passes are lower than full priced tickets and discounted tickets and complementary passes are even lower. I don't know how that can be seen as racist.
>>
>>10402235
k pal but far more American cops die every month than British cops die all year.
>>
>>10402247
>On an AIRPLANE IN FLIGHT i would agree.
Where there is no one to help. Air marshals are back to being an incredibly rare sight.

A grounded plane is still a plane and someone behaving erratically and refusing lawful commands on that plane presents a very real threat.

>>10402251
I thought the british were supposed to be clever. You know very well that police per capita is much lower in the states. Crime rates are much higher and violent crime is significantly higher.

You act like the violent crime is the result of the police work instead of the other way around.
>>
>>10402258
At least I knew Americans were dumb.

I never mentioned anything about police work. You said London is where police are murdered because it's impolite to murder violent criminals. Well not only was the terrorist in question killed by a police officer, but far more cops are killed in America than here.

So you're wrong no matter how you frame it.
>>
>>10402235

Passenger started flailing. IT DOESNT MATTER. THEY Initiated physical contact, for all the officers knew, this man had brittle bones and it was agony how they grabbed him. THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE SOP

>there might have been a language barrier is racist.
All we heard from the videos was him speaking broken english. And again, especially in an airport if the person seem foreign always assume a language barrier BEFORE you lay your hands on someone. AGAIN SOP

They drag him out like a fucking ragdoll.
instead of "okay he might be concussed, dont move him and bring a doctor in here" S O P

Also since a few minutes later he runs back in, face still bloody we can ASSUME he did not get put in the care of medical professionals. They just dragged him off, probably left him unattended as he runs back on. AGAIN AGAINST SOP
>>
>>10402258

>represents very real threat

As pointed out before, even more reason to be extra careful with him and follow procedures.

He was SITTING PEACEFULLY until they initiated physical contact by forcefully pulling and dragging him against the handrail. There was no reason for them to start pulling him like that .
If they determine hes a threat that needs to be evicted ASAP usually meaning hes endangering himself, other passengers or the officer then remove the people sitting nearby, one of the officers points his taser at him in full view, others cuff and secure him and pull him out with minimal force.

A grounded airplane has to follow the laws of the land. If it is in motion and flying, then yes, under those circumstances there are expedient measures.
This was not the case here. You cant just say it happening in a grounded plane is no different from it happening on a bus that isnt moving.
>>
>>10401639
Yeah and when these people who promise to boycott United are looking for their next flights and see that United has the cheapest ones they immediately book that flight. People act like overbooking is terrible but oh god the complaints would be even worse if they had to pay full provender their seats. Overbooking for no shows subsidises the prices for everyone.
>>
>>10402266
My bad I thought you were the london cop. London has incredibly intrusive laws that most americans would flip their shit over. They also have far more police per capita.

You are misinformed no matter how you frame it. There's a reason you have to go to school to become a statistician.

>>10402273
>IT DOESNT MATTER. THEY Initiated physical contact

Right we know this, but if the officer had started mirandizing that passenger would still have resisted and started flailing. I have already admitted the officer broke SOP but that passenger would have flipped out either way, he was incredibly agitated by united and the police doing everything by the book up to that point.

>All we heard from the videos was him speaking broken english
After sever and total brain damage according to the edgy anti police teenagers. He has already been on TV and made statements to the media. We know there is no language barrier.

>Bring a doctor
It would be a paramedic not a doctor and the paramedic would need him off the plane.

>we can ASSUME

No, we can ASSUME that he was still agitated and flailing and he wrestled out of their grasp at the cabin and ran back down the aisle.

>>10402291
>follow procedures
They could have tased him and been well within their rights. The officer was in the wrong but as agitated as the passenger was he would have resisted arrest anyway.

The police handled the arrest poorly but the passenger and no one else caused this situation.
>>
>>10402295
Remember: Every person on that plane would rather have the 69 year old doctor be beaten up instead of giving up their seats. No matter how much they complain, they don't care.
>>
>>10402304
Not even that, no one in the plane was willing to even take a cash payout and tickets to the next available flight. That's the reason they had to remove this Asian gentleman in the first place.

The lesson here is that if you absolutely need to be on that flight you buy priority tickets.
>>
>>10402299
I was a London cop. Am not now.

London laws are UK laws, they can be very intrusive but from what I've seen of American cops, I'd still much rather deal with a Met PC.

I'm not sure how many Met police officers you think are killed, but I'd advise you to look it up. The number is incredibly small, so talking about how our cops are somehow murdered because it's "impolite" to kill criminals is just retarded. Even statistically the number of Met cops killed is likely to be far, far lower than in most major US city forces.
>>
File: I Thought This Was America.webm (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
I Thought This Was America.webm
1MB, 480x360px
>>10400614
Don't argue with the enforcers. They "enforce". That's the job. They tell you to leave the fucking plane, you leave the fucking plane.
It doesn't matter, if they had a valid reason to throw him off, if he had agreed to that in his ticket contract, if they picked him randomly, or if a little teapot orbits Mars. That's all stuff he can talk about with a lawyer or with the guy in charge.
>>
>>10402316
Murders, stabbed slashed all while waiting for the 1 cop per district with a tazer.

No one thinks london cops are competent. As much as people ridicule american cops for burtality they mock london cops for being such sissies.

Muhammed keeps running over people because you don't have the tools to stop him.
>>
>372 replies 16 images
not to be complainfag but why the fuck is no one posting webms? has this place been taken over by redditors? i usually just look at webms and don't post anything so that's why i have nothing to contribute.
all I see is blog after blog. REDDITFAGS GET OUT!
>>
>>10402320
But what do I complain about as a rich white liberal?
>>
>>10402299
>Passenger and noone else caused this situation

Nope. first it was started by overbooking the flight, secondly it was exasperated by United trying to force its workers on the flight, it was further worsened by not adequately telling the passengers there was a procedure in place with priority ticker systems (if it was even used in this case), the procedure is shit because it does not include traveling doctors, it was further made worse by the police not following procedure.

The man was peaceful. He was sitting there. He is in fact the only one not to blame in this situation. All he did was not get up when told to do so because he was worried about his patients.

I think its your american mindset, you have given up your consumer rights not to be fucked out of things you paid for, because not overbooking their flights could lead them to earn a smaller profit margin.
And you also take it for granted that the police has the right to literally do everything and everything they want with a non-resisting person. "You didnt obey their command fast enough, GET CONCUSSED BITCH! NO MEDICAL ATTENTION FOR YOU FAGGOT! IM GOING TO DRAG YOU AND YOURE GOING TO LIKE IT BITCH!"
>>
>>10402322
And yet still far fewer Met cops are murdered in the line of duty than American cops.
>>
>>10402322
>I have never even been to London and believe everything /pol/ tells me
>>
>>10402316
Saying you're a London cop is like saying you're a middle school security guard to us Americans. Stop embarrassing yourself. We don't care what you think. Go sip your tea, and add extra vowels to words. You have no idea how to handle real crime.
>>
>>10402334
I'm not. As I keep saying, I was. Not now. Not sure why I'd be offended anyway. Plus London sees more action than sleepy towns or even small cities in the US.

My time in the police was decent. I overall enjoyed not murdering or being murdered.
>>
>>10402326
>Nope
Yupp

>Overbooking

A standard practice that is required for airlines to function

>United trying to force its workers on the flight
Airline employees use low priority passes on stand-by, for them to bump a passenger that person must have a lower priority ticket.

>not adequately telling the passengers
All stand-by passengers are made aware of the terms of stand-by travel when purchasing tickets

>the procedure is shit because it does not include traveling doctors
It does. Doctors traveling on business have a priority above all others and are not removed from flights, furthermore they are often flown by medical transports when it is an emergency. This passenger was lying about having to see a patient or was deliberately misleading them about the nature of the visit. Either way it was not official business booked through the hospital.

>your american mindset
I'm a harmless leaf. Sorry that doesn't fit in with your narrative.

>fucked out of what you paid for
Stand-by travel is not buying a ticket for a seat on a plane, it is buying the chance at getting on a plane if someone doesn't show up. That is how it has always been. I'm not surprised you don't travel much because you think someone disobeying police on a plane is in anyway acceptable. He is lucky he wasn't killed.

>do everything and everything they want
No one said that. I have also stated that the officer was in the wrong and he should have mirandized first knowing he would have trouble cuffing him in the seat.

>No medical attention

No paramedic is going to provide assistance in the aisle. He would need the man moved which is what they did.

>>10402328
Per capita that isn't true and you would know it if you knew anything about statistics. Your slow economy also has a huge impact.

>>10402330
>The news is /pol/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXHorIrLFIc

Yell and point at him until he goes away!
>>
>>10401642
That's retarded
>>
>>10402372
I know, who the fuck says the cop hits the guy when you literally see on camera that he face plants.
>>
>>10402355
What the hell are you talking about?

Chicago, a city a third the size of London, had 42 officers killed in 2015 alone. The Metropolitan police have had 4 killed since the year 2000, and that includes Keith Palmer the other week. No matter what metric you're using you're wrong.
>>
>>10402376
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXHorIrLFIc [Embed]
>>
>>10402376
>Comparing a small country to a big city

Get a load of this retard. I hope black people don't find out that you are responsible for them being slaves.
>>
>>10402355
>Your slow economy also has a huge impact.
This is the single dumbest thing I've read today, and someone linked me to breitbart earlier, so I didn't think it could get any dumber. I hope you never pass on your defective genes.
>>
>>10402386
You do realise I was comparing two cities, right retard? I compared London to Chicago.

Chicago, with 2.75 million people, had 42 cops killed in 2015.

London, with nearly 9 million people, has had four since the turn of the century.
>>
>>10402387
Mad londoners defending police with angry faces and nothing else.
>>
>>10402385
>cops act defensively, while preventing man from getting away
>guy gets tazed
>Cops swarm him (without kicking him in the head like some dickless faggot cowboys in america would)
>man taken into custody and everyone seems fine

Only an American could have a brain so full of moldy dogshit that they would think this is a bad thing.
>>
>>10402393
Well who is the retard now because London is not a city it is a metropolitan county and it is 4 times larger than the next largest. It is also nearly 1/5 of englands entire population.

England is basically London and a bunch of farms. Get fucked moron.
>>
>>10402399
>Cops beg crazy man with knife not to hurt
anyone
>Cops run like cowards
>By random chance the crazy man doesn't cut anyone badly while they are all waiting around doing nothing
>Guy gets tased in a burtal and unprovoked assault. He dindu nuffin dat cop shud be in JAIL!
>900 cops rush the one suspect
>everyones pride badly hurt

Yeah, Americas police problems would be solved if they had 20 cops per call. GG England throw bodies at the bad guys until they stop. Give em a good scolding.
>>
>>10402401
It's a very large city, but that really has no bearing on things.

You're not making your point very well. A huge "metropolitan county" like London has 4 police killings in 17 years whilst a moderately sized American city like Chicago has over ten times that in a single year. For larger cities? Well, NYC had over 116 police killed last year.

So thanks for helping my point, I guess.
>>
>>10402405
>IM GOING TO MAKE FUN OF THINGS THAT WORK BECAUSE I DONT UNDERSTAND THEM

Is it autism or just straight up fucking stupidity that prevents you from thinking clearly?
>>
>>10402421
Because effectively the only American sized city in england has 20 cops per criminal and its a quarter the size of chicago so response is quicker and in larger number.

You know Police in the states don't ride two in a car anymore right? A guy with a knife isn't going to fight 20 cops but he might just fight one.

>>10402429
I see 20 people not willing to protect themselves, their partners or the public until someone with a taser showed up.

The same taser demonized in american media.
>>
>>10402433
Fucking lol you're deluded.

You do realise police do single patrol often here too, right? Especially in London. I know this first hand, I did it myself and I knew that backup, should I need it and press my orange emergency button, could be 5+ mins away.

I got into one or two tense situations, but I was never in danger of being murdered. Over a hundred NY cops were killed last year. I'm not sure that many Met cops have been killed in the line of duty since its inception.
>>
>>10402433
Funny, I see a police force that tends resolve situations more peacefully than american cops do. That tends to be an asset when it comes to 'keeping the peace'.
>>
>>10402450
>Literal medicalert bracelet police
>5 minutes is bad

WOOOOW i thought you would be a little educated about police in the states.

Go ahead and look up average response time in the U.S. if you think having to wait 5 minutes is bad you will literally shit yourself.

London England
>20 cops per criminal
>Response time is just over the hill
>We have a hard job

Everystate USA
>200 criminals per cop
>Back up is literally an entire london away
>Lol american cops are so violent

Fuck off moron you should know that the two are completely different scenarios.
>>
>>10402458
>peacefully

No they ran like little bitches until the taser showed up. That cop would be crucified in the states. Could you fucking imagine 20 white cops attacking 1 unarmed black man. Remember he doesn't have a gun so he is unarmed.
>>
>>10402469
It's an emergency button on police radios, idiot.

And 5 mins is the minimum. In most cities it won't be much longer, we're not talking about rural areas here.

But you're right, it's much harder to deal with criminals when you can't just shoot them all dead the minute you feel like it. The upside is, you don't get shot dead back!
>>
>>10402469
>America is a hellish, lawless wasteland
Maybe that 2nd amendment wasn't such a great idea after all.
>>
>>10402484
>it's an emergency button on police radios, idiot.
yeah police in the states have that too. It's called the transmitter.

>london police are still murdered
>Civilians are murdered because the police wont help instead of because the police just can't get there fast enough
>london police are literally the laughing stock of the world

Stay mad muhammad. Hope you don't like baseball because a bat in your home is a deadly weapon.
>>
>>10402510
>americunt thinks they know anything about what the rest of the world thinks

In reality the rest of the world thinks American cops are fat, trigger happy dumbasses with more adrenaline than brains or training. But keep that fantasy going man, how else could you think that you're number 1? I mean you are when it comes to incarcerated persons, but in living standards, crime, corruption, availability of healthcare, education, infant mortality, and GDP per capita, not so much.
>>
>>10402510
Yes, yet you called it an emergency bracelet like a dummy.

There are between 100 and 110 murders on average per year in London. It's about 400 for NY, Chicago had 762 last year and even little old Memphis had 226. So Civilians really aren't murdered because police won't help. In fact, there are an incredibly low number of murders for a city of its size.

On the other side, you say London police are still murdered. Well only 4 have been in the last 17 years compared to 116 in NY in just one year and 42 in one year in Chicago. So there are an incredibly low number of police deaths in comparison to most American cities, even those of a much smaller size.

Lastly, if you want to talk about laughing stocks, look no further than your cops who murder black pre-teens for the awful crime of turning and running away, or who shoot into the cars of old Asian ladies because it's roughly similar in size to the car a wanted man is driving.

I'm glad I don't have a bat if it's a deadly weapon! Then again at least I don't have to worry about being shot dead for jaywalking because some ill-educated mouthbreather was given a gun and not enough education on how and when to use one.
>>
I think the security guard should be held responsible, it was his job to confront the guy, but escalating to a punch was very unnecessary
>>
Get out leddit. Keep your circle jerk in your containment board.
>>
>>10404470
the_donald is where most of these fucks belong
Thread posts: 411
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.