[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could someone tell me exactly color balance and hue saturati

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled-1.jpg (2MB, 2220x3140px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
2MB, 2220x3140px
Could someone tell me exactly color balance and hue saturation works.

I'm scanning something, and it's coming out extremely yellowish for some reason, and I can't seem to fix it no matter how I mess with the hue saturation.

Top is a digital version of the image that's been on the internet.
Bottom is the version I scanned.

Is there any possible way to make the bottom one look like the top color wise? Because my scan is more crisp and clear that the digital version, but the colors are all off.

Here's the PSD.
https://www.mediafire.com/view/ka1ugdyco278ao4/0223.psd
>>
>>317336
Edit the color balance a bit. tone down the warm tones, or up the cooler colors a bit.
>>
Don't ejaculate on your comics until after you scan them.
>>
>>317389
I'm either doing it wrong, or it's just not possible to fix.
Because getting the skin tone to match on the bottom image makes everything else in the image look drastically different.

The rest of the colors are not that far off, it's just the skin that looks awful because it's so yellow.

Maybe I'll just have to make a mask around the skin areas and selectively edit those parts.

I was just hoping there would be a way that took less effort.
>>
File: derp.png (2MB, 1368x811px) Image search: [Google]
derp.png
2MB, 1368x811px
Closest I could get without selecting any individual portion of the image.
>>
>>317453
Disregard the section under "Clockwise". It goes:

[Original] [Original]
[Scan] [Scan w/ Edits]
>>
File: derp2.png (52KB, 449x854px) Image search: [Google]
derp2.png
52KB, 449x854px
>>317453
And I realize now that the settings are hard as fuck to read, so here they are.
>>
>>317453
>>317455
That's much better than anything I was getting. I guess I just need a better understanding of how color palettes work and how exactly the image is effected. I wish artists would just start selling high resolution digital copies already. Save all this effort.

Anyway. Thank you. I appreciate the help.
>>
>>317488
np. When you go into color balance, tweak the highlights as well. Create a copy of the original to work from, and CTRL+S often. Also, (and this might be a stretch but it's always worth checking out at least once), if you're having a hard time grasping color balance, take the Farnsworth-Munsell and rule out possible color deficiencies in your eyes.
>>
>>317493
>tweak the highlights as well
Yeah, that more or less almost got to exactly the same as the digital version. I had to do a slight hue saturation change to the reds, but it's more or less perfect now.

I needed to end up masking the blond girls hair, but that didn't take too long.

All and all it's good now.
Thank you again for the help.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.