[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Cousin is a graphic designer, and he hasn't had a job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: DVD_open_L.png (398KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
DVD_open_L.png
398KB, 640x470px
My Cousin is a graphic designer, and he hasn't had a job since 2013. He lives with my grandparents and my disabled aunt (his mom). He has made no money since 2013, and he refuses to get a job that doesn't pay him what he's worth. He thinks hes worth $50/hr, but he has done nothing to prove that he is worth that much. He most likely thinks this because he got a BS in Computer Information Systems, and a BA in Game Art & Design. He thinks that he is better than he really is (in all aspects of life), and his website looks like it's from the early 2000's (pic related is pretty spot on). He refuses to use social media, promote himself, or learn anything new.

So please /gd/, what sources can I give my cousin to give him some type of wake up call? Something where he might actually take the advice to fix his website, and learn the business better. He thinks he is smarter than everyone in the family, and he is splitting our family apart. Any help is appreciated.
>>
punch his nutsack
fuck his gf
>>
>>313467
>>>/adv/
according to welcome to the nhk the only way NEETs get a job is when they are force to.
>>
>>313467
Just read him your entire post out loud. After you finish, repeat.
If this doesn't work, do this >>313496 instead, minus the gf
>>
Maybe he has depression and you don't know about it because he keeps it bottled it up. It can ruin your life and takes away years of your life without even realizing.
>>
>>313467
Your cousin sounds like one of those computer people with an INTP-type personality, someone quirky, with nerdy hobbies, someone almost pedantic in his few areas of knowledge yet adamant about being compensated for his underachieving lifestyle, just because he "survived the school".

Not attacking your cousin, I just think type of people like this are not cut out for this job. If you still do 00's-style websites, then creativity is not your strong suit. You should suggest him a different line of work, something more to do with coding for apps. You should tell him that if he wants to make lots of figures, can go for it, but he needs to look realistically at a job offer that promises his figure, and if he has the skillset required.

I think it's kinda ridiculous when people straight out of school (unless you got a good internship or networked like crazy) want to land on a dream job immediately. It's not gonna work that way, kiddo. School education is largely just for yourself, it's hardly about that paper. If you wanna collect bullet points to put in your resume, attend to training programs or something.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.