[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i just started worked as work-from-home retoucher at some startup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: o24yq6bpaYvngJ6b0LZ-o.jpg (112KB, 1124x701px) Image search: [Google]
o24yq6bpaYvngJ6b0LZ-o.jpg
112KB, 1124x701px
i just started worked as work-from-home retoucher at some startup in NY, so far i enjoyed making dollars from it, and if i converted the salary to our currency it's a huge load of money. but recently i realized this salary is far below retoucher average wage in US. i'm afraid i cannot work there forever beacause of my freelancer status, i could get a dismissed anytime. meanwhile, i tried to find another similar jobs and i believe there's a similar job with better wage out there, do you guys have any other information for job finding? i tried flexjobs but it seems i cannot find company who accept worldwide employee
>>
>>313341
Have a nicely curated portfolio of professional and personal pieces (weigh toward paid work examples to show your ability to take direction).

Serious question- could we see your resume? Swap out your personal info and indentifying details- it might help to see how you're presenting yourself through your CV.

No one is going to just hand you a job, so start working your contacts and network. Do other people know you're seeking a better job? Though it might sound silly, letting your friendly neighbor who's sister's friend works for the art director of ___ is less silly than you might think. LinkedIn (SHILL!!!!) can work like that too; I had almost reached a comfortable job with Target Corp, but then the economy pooped the bed in 2008, and my contacts were let go. So it CAN work.

Speaking of portfolio, you have one online, right?

a viable (though unattractive initially because they take a cut) option is hiring a head hunter. They have the contacts already, and can personalize your speciality to the specific targeted employer. And as an added bonus, if you're terrible at what you do, they won't represent you!
>>
>>313350
I very much doubt that someone is going to pay for his visa on top of his salary for something so menial, when he doesn't even speak proper English. Not to be mean, but North American metropolises are not the best place to be if you're not deep in $$$.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.