[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"What do you mean a JPEG files aren't "proper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: download.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 225x225px
"What do you mean a JPEG files aren't "proper format for commercial print"? I tried printing it on my printer and home and it looked fine!"
"so how long will this take? we really need it done as soon as possible...please hurry....is it done yet...whats taking so long?"
>>
Some random person replying to this thread: Then don't be a graphic designer, deal with it

Its just venting for fun, I'm not going to kill myself over clients
>>
>>312570
>"we really need it done as soon as possible"
This shit drives me to the edge every time. When I have more time for works, I have time to work out the compositions, look and edit neat stock photos to the design, go through some different styles to see what works best, but this "ANON HURRY UP DO IT ASAP" shit means always that I need to almost copy-paste some of my earlier client works and just slap a new text on it. Clients love when I copy-paste earlier designs that have satisfied them, but I fuckin hate this shit since it doesn't put my skills to any test, it's assembly-line-tier shit.

When they don't ask me to hurry up, I can actually try to come up with better, more creative designs and clients may begrudgingly accept it at first, but usually later on they learn to like it, especially after few corrections done at my part.
>>
>>312606
>it doesn't put my skills to any test, it's assembly-line-tier shit.

A lot of other designers don't care that much about being creative.

Good work.
>>
>>312608
That's a big problem. I am an in-house designer atm, plan to get a job in an agency soon, but especially for in-house designers, it's very easy to get stuck in this rut because clients value speed and using stupid "MAKE THIS TEXT AS RED AND BOLD AS YOU CAN" cliches above more creative solutions. I think this should be not a case for agencies, which is why I think I should go work for them instead.
>>
>>312606
>>312608

OP here

I'm currently working as an in house graphic designer for a business to business supplement manufacturer. literally everybody in my company, including my art director and are freelance designers, just tell me to "give the customer what they want and keep it moving"

I was hoping if I got a job at a graphic design studio, maybe I would be surrounded by people who give more of a shit about being creative. does it get any better or is it still horrible anywhere you go?

>>312612
"MAKE THIS TEXT AS RED AND BOLD AS YOU CAN"

oh my god. why does every retard want red thrown into their design on one piece of text and nothing else?
>>
>>312657
you guys are lucky your clients know what they want though

creativity is the most satisfying part of the work but also the slowest. when I have no deadline and the client give me freedoom I pop out the stuff my clients love the most, which is nice, but I just want that cash flowing into my bank account asap
>>
File: Crumpler-Sale-Poster.jpg (140KB, 614x973px) Image search: [Google]
Crumpler-Sale-Poster.jpg
140KB, 614x973px
>>312657
Mostly because these salespeople and business folks are my clients know very little about art. Only thing they care is that the price number and product title + campaign headline stands out written as big, red and bold as possible.

They fail to realize that using eye-catching design solutions (when appropriate) draws more people in to read the price tag. Going with the same boring cliches means that more people notice the tagline, but in the sea of other information, they will not memorize his information.

For example, I have a particular client who looks at pic related (not my work just google images quick example) and would yell

>"NOT BAD ANON, NOT BAD BUT PLS MAKE THE DATE AND LOCATION ON BOTTOM RIGHT SPAN BIG ENOUGH TO SPAN LEFT TO RIGHT BELOW THE TITLE, ALSO PLS DELETE THE ILLUSTRATONS, YOU CAN MAKE THE TEXT BIGGER WITHOUT THIS ILLUSTRATIONS CRAP, KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID PLS ANON"

OK not maybe yell, but the conversation has always been similar in those situations. At least some other in-house clients let me slip by more creative solutions, mainly because they are less pre-occupied with stupid cliches.
>>
>>312657
My first job was in-house and I went agency-side about 7 years ago. In-house is a great way to cut your teeth and can often be a real 'thrown into the deep end' experience that'll sharpen up your project management skills, as well as your understanding of how clients work, what it's like to deal with suppliers, etc.
What it won't always give you is masses of creativity and the experience of working in a team with other designers, doing pitches, working across multiple sectors etc.
There are probably a lot of positives to take from your in-house experience but for your next step I'd definitely advise going to work for an agency. It might take a bit of getting used to but in the long run you'll be far more creatively fulfilled and I promise you won't look back.
>>
>>312691
How do you get along in the teamwork? Is it usually difficult or can get into dramas or are people usually motivated to help each other out and work out the differences?

I am the anon who works in-house atm but looking forward going agency. Best aspect of in-house is getting to know clients in depth but I feel like agency work would help me make friends with other designers which would help me socialize more and maybe get involved with wider circle of different creative people etc.
>>
>>312691
>>312679

appreciate the insight, thank you both.

my current plan is just to re design my portfolio and personal website, then I'll start sending out resumes. all the stuff I have was from college and I half assed a lot of my shit then.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.