[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For any in house graphic designers on here, whats the usual turn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

For any in house graphic designers on here, whats the usual turn around time per client? I understand this is vague and will vary depending on what it is you're designing but if you had to estimate what would it be?

I'm a graphic designer for a business to business nutrition supplement manufacturer. Majority of the clients just want their already existing label/packaging designs revised to be FDA compliant but even if they want an entirely new design I can usually finish it in a couple of days. The problem is after I finish, I still normally have to wait weeks for the product formulas to be approved. This means I can't technically finalize the design because I don't have the supplement facts panel information.

I like my company and my job isn't bad most of the time but I just want to work somewhere where I can design all day, not wait on paperwork. Would my best bet just be to try applying for design studios? I understand theres always going to be waiting in graphic design when it comes to clients but I'd rather be waiting on something thats in the clients control.
>>
I've done a bit of work here and there involving FDA/nutrition labels. My experience was the same as yours - approvals and final tech/copy was always fucking slow to arrive. It seems like a lab or something was involved in the approval(?)... I'm not sure. But it did take days to get the ok.

Wasn't the only job we had at the time though, so I was working on other projects while we waited.
>>
>>310985

yeah, we use a few different labs so it depends. Sometimes I can fill my time with other projects but, especially lately, the design revisions are so minimal. I have a stack of clients I've been hounding for their art files and they basically blow me off. So right now if I'm not waiting on supplement facts, I'm waiting on clients to follow up with needed files. The company is small so its just me and my art director in the design department and she doesn't get on my case but my other boss doesn't understand. He'll just come to my cubicle like 3 times a day asking if I'm "banging those labels out" so I always leave something open on my screen so he shuts up. It's not even that I'm trying to be lazy, there are just some days where there is literally nothing I can work on. And I can only follow up with clients so many times before they ask me to stop.

anyway, I'll probably go back to fixing up my portfolio and I'll just start sending some resumes out. at least in the mean time its decent pay.
>>
>>311007
I know this feel, if you're really desperate for something to do you could try to find something else to do when design work is scarce. Bit of a can of worms though, sometimes there's no design work needed at my workplace so I end up doing data entry type shit all day
>>
>>311010

yeah, I've seen that before with companies too. At my last job I was "art director" for a vitamin company but they had me doing data entry shit and also ordering office supplies on top of the design stuff. I only stayed there for 3 weeks before leaving for my current job.
>>
In my experience turnaround time from request to print completion is about 2 weeks but thats for things like basic signs that dont need a million changes. If its more complex things like ads to logos turnaround can be 1 day to 1 month. Its very vague. I would just say 2 weeks to comolete a project is a good estimate if you arent working on anything else.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.