[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you build a portfolio when you don't have a job and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170529_112629.jpg (45KB, 466x582px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170529_112629.jpg
45KB, 466x582px
How do you build a portfolio when you don't have a job and school is over? I thought about creating personal projects and I recently did a new "unofficial" logo of something existing.

I lack a subject to work on I guess, maybe creating posters for fun without a particular objective?
>>
>>310075
so that's what you faggots designers call work
>just for fun
give me a break you pathetic loser
>>
>>310088
What's up your ass?
>>
>>310090
your bs, cause you blow everyone smoke up their asses you piece of shit
>>
>>310098
Nigger, I'm not even a designer. Don't know why you hate them so much, did you happen to get cucked by one by any chance?
>>
>>310088
The fuck are you on, what's wrong with wanting to have fun in the field I want to work in later. And that is by practicing that I can learn.
>>
>>310104
ah mate ignore him, i don't know what it is but these fuckers just appear randomly.

people do 'a poster a day'
>http://baugasm.com/
>http://www.magdiellopez.com/
which is deffo one great way of having fun while showing off your skills.

but really valuable shit like actually meeting a brief and client requests, moodboarding, designing to a demographic, typesetting, etc. is tough to do for 'fun'.

i'd try get an internship bruv
>>
>>310107
Well I'm actually trying to build a portfolio for school.
>>
>>310107
>>310109

Graphic design school, I'm trying to find inspiration for a subject. Honestly I wouldn't mind doing cool infographics, or maybe even rebrandings.
I just need to find on what to do it for.
>>
>>310075
IMO its art so you need to focus on creating something. Have a mood or theme in mind ofr starters, then try to realize it on the screen.

Make posters or slides or website mockups, whatever, just focus on creating now, and tuneing it
>>
>>310109
>>310110
You need a portfolio for school? What the fuck is the point of the school then? lol
>>
>>310075
bump for l8tr
>>
>>310117
I come from a school who wasn't specialized in graphic design. I got my degree then asked a graphic design school (but not the first year, I asked for going straight in the 3rd year) but I was told I lacked the basics.
Now I have a degree but no school for next year, basically I'm out. So I want to spend the next year getting better, then ask again to enter in graphic design school
>>
Most small businesses don't give a fuck about your portfolio. They're just cheap as fuck. Go get yourself a few cheap bastard clients and build your portfolio that way. Then you can approach real clients.
>>
>>310155
Help me out by making cover/track art for me.. I have a style in mind and a bunch of inspiration images you can derive from. the music will be on spotify and shit so it might help. Hit my e-mail
>>
>>310269
david at ndamusic com btw
>>
>>310075
Get them charity work points somewhere out there is ppl needing logos n illustrations for their shitty busses ventures just buck up and do some free work if ur good enough they might come back or refer u let em know tho the first bump is free second u have to pay
>>
>>310102
a designer designed his wife a new womb.
>>
>>310075
By designing album covers for my upcoming Kazoo Kid themed bubble-gum pop track
>>
>>310371
Does it work if I make logos and designs on my own? For example I decide to rebrand Nike, or something like that?
I already have some stuff I've did in an internship. If I can find a job in design this year then cool I will be able to put more work. But it's not guaranteed, I'm not familiar with the professional environment and I don't have a driver license yet.
>>
Just pick random words and do designs for them. Do these fast. One a day maybe two. Upload to instagram daily and pick the top 10 after a month and boom, portfolio.

Just pick simple words. Look up things like "logo inspiration" on google and instagram and when an idea pops into your head just go with it.

Or fiverr. I hear theres unlimited clients there. :^)
>>
>>310560

>Or fiverr. I hear theres unlimited clients there. :^)
>:^)

Ok, that face makes me think you're trolling, but I've unironically been told to find ez clients on fiverr. what's really the deal here
>>
>>310117
Any good art school requires a portfolio. They want you to be good already so you can be even better
>>
>>310627
Fiverr is where designers go to die. That's why I put that face there. do the first thing I told you.
>>
how can u actually name what was made to this pic? i mean those blocks, bars etc
>>
>>311062
"graphic design"
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.