[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I made middle and right (inspiration from left) in Ps. How do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: landscape_with_a_moon_edit.jpg (7MB, 9011x2275px) Image search: [Google]
landscape_with_a_moon_edit.jpg
7MB, 9011x2275px
I made middle and right (inspiration from left) in Ps. How do I make the terrain more believable? Also what are some sites I can ask this kind of stuff?
>>
The image on the left isn't complicated ... it sound pedantic, but there's no other way to say it: look at the left, look at the middle. Make yours more like that, by creating the same shapes.

Example: It has trees. You don't. It has shading on the peaks. You don't.

And stop all the filter crap you did on the right.
>>
>>304680
i don't want trees. It's a blue life-less planet like mars, but bluish.
>>
File: landscape_with_a_moon_shading2.jpg (2MB, 2653x2141px) Image search: [Google]
landscape_with_a_moon_shading2.jpg
2MB, 2653x2141px
added some shades. What about now?
>>
>>304684
your colors are too saturated and they don't really make for a nice palette

the moon or whatever that is, is just a cropped sircle of dried out dirt. At least bother to vectorize it, and also it has a perspective making it just look like a paper cutout-collage.
The background is just a random space wallpaper, make your own stars.

Make your own colors
Make everything yourself using pen tool, there's no way in hell you can make something like your example using cheap photoshop filters and a brush without pen tooling.
generally also you're making your art in photoshop, but the picture to the left is made with illustrator.

>>304684
why did you just make a weird dark edge on each layer with a soft brush?
that's clearly not what the artist you're using as reference did. Also i'm pretty sure that took you like 0 seconds, put some effort into it already.
>>
>>304684

At this point this is looking like a troll thread.
>>
>>304679
shadows add depth
depth adds believability
>>
>>304684
lamo
>>
>>304684
digging the moon man
>>
>>304690
i know right, but it's so elaborate.
>>
File: owo.png (300KB, 1536x684px) Image search: [Google]
owo.png
300KB, 1536x684px
- paint in greyscale, then add a filter
- the further the layers are, the closest they should be to each other
-pic related is something i posted here a long time ago, you can see a foggy area between the layers.
>>
>>304681
Then look how a Martian landscape looks like then do it. Try copying it as realistic as possible first. You can idealise it when you know how to do it realistically
>>
>>304679
by giving it some actual effort instead of making squiggles

>>304684
so you're saying the light comes from the surface and shines up?
>>
>>304984
Hey, don't be a cunt. OP is trying.
>>
>>305009
>OP is trying.

Not sure he really is.
>>
>>304984

Hey, don't be a cunt. There might be lava between the hills.
>>
>>305119
> There might be lava between the hills

There's definitely something flowing between the hills.
>>
>>304984
>so you're saying the light comes from the surface and shines up?
but this picture has that too >>304962
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.