[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys think its tacky or unprofessional to use a fake/''artist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Do you guys think its tacky or unprofessional to use a fake/''artist name'' when being a designer? Or even having more of a business style name, like ''BlahBlahBlah Design''. Main reason i'm asking is because I've started to grow a bit more and get more big name work while using a name like that. Main reason i don't use my real name is because it's shit and just doesn't look good in any types of logos or portfolio design. Probably a super stupid question and reason, but I respect what some of the people on this board think. Other than that, this can be a general personal branding thread I guess.
>>
>>303634
I used to do this until I switched back to my name because it was cringy. I mean you can do it, but just make sure the presentation and quality of your design work can greatly outweigh that cringy brand.
>>
>>303634
i think it depends of the name, i wouldn't worry that much tho, there's some guys with kinda lame names like 'mrchugchug' 'hydro74' 'Shewa06' that seem to have worked with pretty big brands
>>
>>303635
Yeah, I think I can still keep it at a semi okay level, at least not sounding too childish and stupid.

>>303638
I'm stuck between a couple options. One of which was ''Paradise Design'' or something of that nature. (Paradise sounds a bit similar to my last name, kind of.) Does that sound like it wouldn't really work or seem off putting?
>>
File: labs-1jpg.jpg (101KB, 780x585px) Image search: [Google]
labs-1jpg.jpg
101KB, 780x585px
>>303641
well its up to you, the "design" part is a little newbie imho (i've seen way too many amateurs using it), maybe ParadiseStudios or something like that, but maybe if you have a website or a portfolio just make a brief with your first name and your country as well.
>>
>>303647
Yeah, including my name in there somewhere is a must, i agree. I think I'll go with one of the ''paradise'' ideas while also avoiding ''design''. Thanks for your opinion.
>>
File: 1392397188192.jpg (170KB, 1040x746px) Image search: [Google]
1392397188192.jpg
170KB, 1040x746px
>>303647
>"design" is too newbie
>suggests "studio"
pic related

>>303634
you can brand anything, do what speaks to you and makes sense to your target market.
>>
>>303634
I have a "BlahBlahBlah Design" but it's just my initials and that's also just because I incorporated to save $5k on my taxes a year. Nothing wrong with it as long as it's a professional name; not something like "DJ TopKEK Fedora Design"
>>
>>303658
which sound better Paradise Design or Paradise Studios?
>>
>>303665

Neither sounds good. The second one sounds like a music label that specializes in Sandy Patty compilations.
>>
>>303683
Would using my initials be better?
>>
>using your real name on the internet.
That being said, if your name is as shit as mine, you might aswell just use a nick. If its not to cringy with numbers and xXXstuffXxx then why not.

My guess is you'll be fine as long as it looks professional. I like my nickname.
>>
Is it weird just to use your last name? I have a cool last name but a lame first name.
>>
>>304179
What a weird post. Any REAL PROFESSIONAL uses their real name on the internet.

What do you think, a designer is gonna doxx you? Lmfao. Get off 4chan and start designing in the real world.
>>
>>304347
I was wondering if it would be better to use a 'studio brand name' (even though it'll only be me) instead of my actual name because my name is not English and I want to work with Westerners, not people from my own country.
>>
>>304349
If anything, a foreign name sounds more exotic to westerners. In the real world, companies can appear more progressive by hiring talented foreign designers (who have good english communication and mesh with the team).
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.