[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working on some business cards for a client-- which one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: whatdoyouthink.png (1MB, 1286x1358px) Image search: [Google]
whatdoyouthink.png
1MB, 1286x1358px
Working on some business cards for a client-- which one of these is the best?
>>
Layout: Van Patten
Everything else: Patrick Bateman
>>
That softness of the old-style figures
The subtle interlacing of small caps and full caps
That perfect balance of a smooth texture on fearless ivory

Patrick's is the best.

David Van Patten
>lmao that disgusting unbalanced hierarchy
>space at the bottom rather than the top
Timothy Bryce
>Grandma's wallpaper texture with Helvetica
>Mixing small caps, full caps, and minuscules on a business card
>ISHYGDDT
Paul Allen
>Copperplate Gothic
>I've seen enough
Luis Carruthers
>Inconsistent debossing
>Text too small
>Is that text GREEN? lol k
>>
>>303344
Jokes aside, this clip really shows how important material is
>>
Why are you putting the Last NAME in all caps?

Stop that.
>>
>>303344
They're all snoozy as fuck.
>>303393
Also, this.
>>
>>303389
But that [i]is[/i] the joke. It's an ironic perspective at how ridiculous his (and other first world, high energy, billionaire entrepreneurs') life is, from business cards to brand suits, expensive face lotions, etc. It's satire to expose the absurdity of the PoMo metro-cities.
>>
>>303393
Because in civilized environments, such as the corporate world, you don't refer to someone as Patrick, but Mr. Bateman.
>>
>>303414
>>303414
>you don't refer to someone as Patrick, but Mr. Bateman.

And you don't scream his last name... Mister BATEMAN.

Are these biz cards meant for a 8yr old to read, who hasn't learned manners and doesn't know that "Mr. Bateman" is the proper way to address someone?

I know to call someone Mr. Bateman. You don't have to fucking type the name in CAPS to remind me how to address someone. It just looks pretentious, condescending, and weird.
>>
>>303420
That's the standard way of writing someone's surname in Standard English, as opposed to American English. In citations, bibliographies, university libraries, academic articles, medical journals, glossaries, and others, that's the way it's written. Sometimes, it's even "LASTNAME, Firstname" with or without a comma between them. depending which manual of style you use. Not everyone has an English name. Not everyone has a surname distinguishable from the first name. And by the way in OP's image, the first name is also in caps, small caps, but still caps.
>>
>>303423
And I forgot to say that it has nothing to do with screaming, just because that's how it's used on the internet. It's a style choice.
>>
>>303423

>That's the standard way of writing someone's surname in Standard English, as opposed to American English.

All the examples are American addresses. I'd expect American English.

>In citations, bibliographies, university libraries, academic articles, medical journals, glossaries, and others, that's the way it's written.

These are biz cards, no?

The fact it may be done that way in a glossary is irrelevant. Business correspondence has different style standards.
>>
>>303427
Well, I didn't explain it, but American English is actually Common English. Which literally means that it's only spoken by the plebs, the lowest common denominator, (and in your everyday life). Corporations work internationally with clients at executive levels, from all around the world, not some yuppie from the Bay Area with his failed startup.
>>
>>303429

Guess who disagrees with you?

AMA, AP... basically, most everyone.
>>
>>303432
Of course, AMA and AP are American. It's very common in Europe and universities.
>>
>>303344
paul allen layout
timothy bryce font
luis carruthers colours
>>
>>303346
/thread/
>>
File: m3oBwCkNJjAx.gif (2MB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
m3oBwCkNJjAx.gif
2MB, 500x352px
>>303344

i must admit, i never saw such loser like you.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.