[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My wife's birthday is coming up soon and I am looking at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: cintiq-companion2-02-g.jpg (71KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
cintiq-companion2-02-g.jpg
71KB, 960x640px
My wife's birthday is coming up soon and I am looking at getting her a drawing tablet. She has been doing logo design for some photographer friends and other people/connections we've met through them. She's about to start her second year of college, but this is the first year that she is doing any graphic design specific classes. I honestly don't know much about the subject, but I am curious to know what devices are commonly used by some of you. I had a friend who used a Wacom Companion thing and he really liked it, but we've fallen out of favor and I don't even know if he still does much in the field. The ones I've looked at also only have 4th and 5th generation intel processors and I don't want to pay $1500 for old tech. Any suggestions would be welcome.
>>
There are cheaper brands than Wacom, you might want to look them up and compare reviews
>>
File: 17_tn.jpg (3KB, 150x112px) Image search: [Google]
17_tn.jpg
3KB, 150x112px
>>303108
http://www.parkablogs.com/
>>
>>303111
Any recommendations?
>>
I bought a wacom 24HD when I was in my second year. Big investment but I'm glad I made it, it really helps and it's an amazing device. Got a cintiq companion 2 a few months ago for home as the big one is in the office, really liking that one as well. I'd say you might want to look into tablets that use the screen itself instead of just a drawing area that make you look at a monitor. Can't get used to that myself. I want to draw on the area that I'm actually drawing on.
>>
>>303108

do not buy cheaper competitors of wacom.
they do differ.

just buy a starters' model of wacom, e.g. wacom 671 or 471

At least you would sell it quickly.
>>
>>303108
i made this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idJQNe-LD6c with a microsoft surfacebook 4

it's the best tool i've ever owned for drawing.
>>
>>303108
wacom master race, just buy her one of the medium ranged models
>>
Concider picking up a used one
Most of the time people buy this because they dont know what they are doing and sell them for cheap in near perfect shape
>>
I use one of the cheap turcom graphics tablets and it works wonders. Was gonna buy a Wacom but being broke hurts
>>
I never used the wacom, and I had a good one - for any logo design. I only used it for illustration. I would play around with making vector images with it but found I liked using my mouse because the control is more predictable. It might not be all that useful for her if she isn't an illustrator.
>>
Just buy her a cake. It's cheaper Lmao
>>
Medium ranged wacom will do her good, it will even last.
It's risky to buy used ones. You never know if it has defects until it's too late unless you're experienced with it.
>>
>>303108
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osCKMNJB6Sk
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.