[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What typefaces and fonts were favored by the art deco movement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: palmspings.jpg (300KB, 1483x1050px) Image search: [Google]
palmspings.jpg
300KB, 1483x1050px
What typefaces and fonts were favored by the art deco movement and, subsequently, the art deco revival of the 80's? I feel like art deco used the same typefaces and fonts as the bauhaus movement, but I'm not certain.
>>
>>301954
https://www.google.ru/search?q=art+deco+font&num=100&newwindow=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch
>>
>>301955
Some of them are art nouveau though
>>
>>301955

This doesn't really answer my question. I know what the fonts used look like and of course I already tried to find an answer to my question. I'm looking for a more concise textbook answer.
>>
The 80's had an art deco revival?
>>
>>301964
miami vice
>>
>>301964

A lot of the designs that we associate with the 80's like the colorful geometric patterns were because of the art deco revival of the time.
>>
File: tom.jpg (29KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
tom.jpg
29KB, 320x320px
Typography ? I'm going to take a stab at it and start off with this.

Bifur - Cassandre
Broadway - Morris Fuller Benton

Not sure what would the text book definition be for Art Deco typography, is there a book out there that references type in regards to the art deco movement ? I would like to know. I'm curious to know what are (if any) some typefaces designed in the 80s that are heavily inspired by the Art Deco movement.

I'm wondering what were some of the causes that brought upon the Art Deco Revival ? I know Madonna had somewhat of an obsession with the art of Tamara de Lempicka. The Art Deco architecture of Florida was brought to the spotlight with Miami Vice. Patrick Nagel was inspired by art deco styles. What were some of the Design philosophies during this era of design?

I'm looking to compile a list of art deco revival, . art deco inspired and general 80s - artist and groups here are some I can name off the top of my head at the moment:

>Patrick Nagel - Illustration
>Dennis Mukai - Illustration
>Peter Sato - Illustration
>The Memphis Group - Design and architecture group
>>
Art Deco is characterized by clean geometric lines. A prototypical one is the Futura family. Some others: Bauhaus, Huxley Vertical, and Broadway. Some modern ones are Arquitectura and Gotham.
>>
>>301954
art deco wasn't a coherent movement or group like bauhaus was, any revivalists are even less coherent
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.