[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does this ad make you feel /gd/? They also have a slogan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 19

File: c6gmk9puiaansqf.jpg (153KB, 1172x1172px) Image search: [Google]
c6gmk9puiaansqf.jpg
153KB, 1172x1172px
How does this ad make you feel /gd/?

They also have a slogan "Stop being Ripped off by paying $100 for a logo".
>>
think it would have done them good to at least get someone who wasn't homeless to design their logo. The actual slogan seems like a piece of internet pandering bull imo.
>>
Someone should make an add for them that says

"YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"
(fiverr)
>>
>>301898
ad*
>>
hahaha totally. like their logo really is shit.
>>
File: 1.png (51KB, 450x410px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
51KB, 450x410px
It's too generic. These are way better.
>>
>>
File: 050.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
050.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>
File: pewdiepie-jews-1.jpg (41KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
pewdiepie-jews-1.jpg
41KB, 640x360px
>>
>>301881
That whole thing basically says if youre a slave and a cuck then get on Fiverr and slave away for pennies
No self respecting designer would do that
>>
"FONTS, THE NEW LOGOS"
>>
>>301941
Yet it still exists.
>>
Don't ever worry for one second over losing "work" to Fiverr/99d. Good clients do not go to these places for design. Shit clients who think a logo should cost five dollars go there for design.

These places are a much needed filter. Learn to love them the way that five star steak houses love Applebees.
>>
>>302017
>>302019
This exchange in another thread is exactly what I'm talking about here >>301973

Fucking love fiverr.
>>
>>301973
Where do good clients go? I used to get steady work from Upwork but not so much the past few months... clients are literally asking for $5-$50 for projects that cost in the thousands MINIMUM (an agency would charge 30-50k)
>>
>>301942
"/gd/ - the comment"
>>
>>302069
>Where do good clients go?
to your protfolio, and to your physical office in the physical world (heard of it ?)
>>
>>302069
You need to go to them. Look up tips for sales lead generation and networking. It sounds boring as fuck, but if you're gonna work freelance then you need to be an entrepreneur as well as a designer. Charge absolutely as much as you think you can get away with until you start getting pushback, and be prepared to defend your pricing because they 100% of the time will try to fuck you.
>>
>>302069
What I want to know is, what happens next? That is, after asking for design work at 1/1000 the price, does anyone respond? Can the Indians actually do it? Are the clients satisfied with what they get?

If I go around woodworking shops asking for work at a ridiculously low price, everyone's going to tell me to fuck off, if I find someone actually willing to work for peanuts, the work is probably going to be shit. Either way my options are the same, come back with an actual budget, or not get what I need.

Evidently this is not the case in design since clients are asking for lower and lower prices and getting away with it. Is it at the threat of taking their business to shit like Fiverr or 99designs?
>>
>>301881
Makes me feel a bit angry when I see shit like that, but I don't feel it as too much of a threat since truly ambitious and demanding clients will never turn to services like Fiverr. It is impossible to provide good service for a ridiculous price, and every decent company/business/whatever knows this.
>>
>>302081
You privileged kids talk so easily.
>>
>>302098
My favorite client had me redo a site they paid a 3rd world guy to build on WIX. I obviously told him to get off of that platform.

The client that paid the most fired two freelancers from 3rd world.

So yeah, they get screwed over and eventually need my help. Unfortunately a lot of them get discouraged at this point.

I don't consider myself racist but after freelancing I have definitely started to feel sour towards 3rd world developers bringing the price down and making a bad name for the industry. But most of all I blame fiverr and 99designs for allowing this to happen.
>>
>>302098 #
>Are clients taking their business to Fiverr

Fiverr is for people who want design work, not for people who need design work. For example, Reverend Fuckface is having a potluck dinner to raise money for the sunday school class to go see God's Not Dead VIII: Jesus In Space. Gertrude Coffeebreath, the organist, could go to Staples and buy a pack of multicolored 8.5x11and create a flyer with all of her favorite clipart. It's worked fine in the past, and the kids were successfully dragged along to see God's Not Dead I-VII, with plenty of cash left over to get Rev. Fuckface's Audi detailed.

But the Reverend saw some cool shit another church put together because one of their congregants is a designer. She's obviously really new to the business because she still believes in God, but she does okay work. Rev. Fuckface looks up designers in the area and realizes he doesn't want to pay those rates for a flyer. And while Mrs. Coffeebreath's flyers are free and still get the job done, he still thinks it would be neat to have a cool looking flyer, so he goes to Fiverr.

Jerry Powerass is a marketing executive for Burgal, Gurgal, & Snurgal. They're a law firm specializing in some shit that every other firm around them already does and probably better. His ass is on the line here, because if they don't start bringing in more retainers Barry Burgal is gonna fire the fuck out of him and replace him with the hot intern. He's been allocated a budget of 30k to head up a rebranding project. He hears about Fiverr and tries it out. On Monday he presents the logo he got to the board. They start grilling him about how he possibly had it done over the weekend, what kind of research went into it, whether they can get in trouble for using Mickey Mouse's likeness, and so on.

Jerry is fired and later commits a messy suicide by leaping in front of a subway train. The hot new intern takes over with a budget of $29,995. She does not go to Fiverr.
>>
File: 1.gif (3MB, 264x242px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
3MB, 264x242px
>>302172
>>
File: 1489824849319.png (730KB, 1300x4800px) Image search: [Google]
1489824849319.png
730KB, 1300x4800px
>>302172
You and me both know that "research" and after-the-fact rationales and unnecessary iterations and the like are memes large agencies use to get around the field's saturation point to charge ridiculously large amounts. Sure there is some knowledge required to make a successful design, and I wouldn't mind charging millions under the same excuses, but let's not fool ourselves.

Or let's, enlighten me on why Pentagram needs millions of dollars and months of time to apply current trends to MasterCard's branding. Or why Hillary's red-arrow-pointing-to-the-right is the perfect logo for a Democrat presidential candidate.
>>
File: sturgeon's law.gif (21KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
sturgeon's law.gif
21KB, 1280x1280px
>>302165
>I have definitely started to feel sour towards 3rd world developers

Sounds like someone's field is at the threat of being made irrelevant through outsourcing. Well now you know how plenty of other industries felt since globalization started.

What's worse is, I've seen plenty of Eastern European and Russian and even some Indian design/developer agencies who do amazing work at an incredibly small fraction of the price, some even more innovative than American/European designers/developers/agencies who can seemingly only stick to fads or rehash from history.

Many people will feel like there is zero reason to hire locally when you can get the same results for much cheaper overseas, if this continues. Shit designers and developers are everywhere, stop acting like it's something exclusive to the third world.
>>
File: Al5T48c.jpg (21KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
Al5T48c.jpg
21KB, 500x395px
>>302217
This shit needs to stop already. Someone should expose the frauds of Pentagram and the likes. Paula Scher with her Citibank logo made on a fucking napkin at a café, Michael Bierut and the MasterCard crap, and other six-figures (re)brandings they've created—which might as well be done by someone at 99designs. And then they give public speeches about the hard process of building it. Fucking Jewish mafia they have no respect for design, they only milk the cow and it sickens me. They contribute to the stereotype that design is a meme, minimizing its relevancy, thus ruining the industry. It's a shame that people in business are so uneducated about design. It's unbelievable how gullible people are when some rich guy bullshits them.
>>
>>302221
fads are important. the general public will see a logo like the old mastercard and think 'that's my grandpas card' and not want to get one themselves. They'll go for the new ultra-minimalist Visa because it they think it represents them.
>>
>>302217
>>302235
>itt: people who've never worked on an actual brand

Sorry you faggots got triggered, but identity design is more complex than just making something look "cool". And Pentagram is shit, sure. But that doesn't make thoughtful, fully rationalized design a meme. The meme is Pentagram.

And yeah, Paula sold a design on a napkin and made shitloads of cash, good for her. But there's no "Jewish mafia" (lol fucking hilarious) to blame for you not being a successful designer. Truth is you suck, and you personally will get cucked by clients for as long as you can handle before eventually giving up and trying a different career. It's just easier to lay all that on some grand conspiracy than it is to own your failures.

fucking jewish mafia my sides right now. You /pol/ faggots are hilarious lol
>>
>>302320
You're not helping with your explanation. The way you put it, it seems that you don't even need to be a skilled designer to make it big, just have some soft skills, such as lying to people and putting up a facade to hide the impostor that you are. Meanwhile, other designers in third world countries produce better results for peanuts, instead of the same geometric sans low caps logos. And yes, both Scher an Bierut are Jews. It's a common fact that they keep business inside their clique.
>>
>>302326
lmao delusional faggot, keep blaming the evuhl jooz
>>
>>302326
yeah, all you need is a better idea. not a better logo.
>>
>>302326
>you're not helping your own argument
>srsly but jews tho
LOLOLOLOLOL
>>
File: airey.png (105KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
airey.png
105KB, 1000x1200px
>>302320
>But that doesn't make thoughtful, fully rationalized design a meme.

Like I said, there is some degree of knowledge and thought and research necessary for successful design, but the saturation point is reached so quickly that big agencies and designers make up a ton of meme shit to charge for. Unlike e.g. construction, a design project can never rack up millions in actual costs, like overcoming engineering challenges, supplying building material, paying employees for years of work etc. Chris Do from the Skool even straight up says "just charge more" and tells startups to charge for whatever they can in their invoices. Success in the design world is far more dependent on selling yourself than on any actual skill.

Or again, enlighten me on the genius of renowned designer and book writer David Airey.
>>
>>302335
And again, you talk like someone who has never actually worked at a large agency, or on a publicly-traded brand. And because you do not, or likely never will have that experience, I'll never convince you that the work that goes on inside "the big evil agencies" has any sort of real merit. So I'm done trying that.

More than that, you sound bitter that they charge the rates that they charge and you've never been on the receiving end of that kind of payout. Comparing an invoice for design to an invoice for construction is a giant strawman. What about other creative work? Are videos only really worth a few hundred bucks, how about ad campaigns? Being that you're an expert on what goes into these massive creative undertakings and how they should be priced.

How about law firms? They don't produce any physical goods, and they'll bill their clients by the thousands per hour just to answer an email. Really though, it doesn't matter. Clients pay it because that's the agreed-upon value of their work. Design is no different. Nor is construction. I set the price. You choose to pay the price, or not to pay the price.

And that's capitalism, bitch.
>>
File: 1490004004939.jpg (144KB, 800x1375px) Image search: [Google]
1490004004939.jpg
144KB, 800x1375px
>>302390
And you talk like someone who has devoted his entire life to a field that's ultimately irrelevant and unimportant and now has to rationalize his poor life decisions to himself.

There are a two major differences between construction/videography/law practice and design.

The first one is that, unlike the three of them, design doesn't have quantifiable results. You can measure the success of a building through the way it doesn't fall apart, videography is one of the hardest forms of visual media to produce and it's incredibly easy to notice mistakes in the final product (ad campaigns are still a part of marketing which has the same failings as branding/design) and the success or failure of legal action, defense, or advice is readily apparent. With design you can never truly know whether the branding/rebranding affected success as plenty badly designed brands/products succeed and plenty well designed brands/products fail. Which brings me to the second point, luck.

An engineering challenge will never solve itself, a video will never turn out well filmed on its own, a legal case cannot be won through chance, whereas with design most of the time success is dependent on dumb luck i.e. Uber's and Pepsi's awful rebrandings didn't ruin their business, whereas Microsoft's Zune failed despite being well designed.

Design is supposed to be this craft of visual problem solving but in practice it has all the problems "high art" does, with people saying "I could've done that" and not exactly being wrong, except in this case it actually would've been irrelevant since I'm sure most designers would've come up with the same thing e.g. Pentagram did when asked to modernise the MasterCard logo. I also question the legitimacy of any field in which one of the main deciding factors when forming an opinion is "who made it".

Also my only posts in the thread are the one with the geometric sans logos and the one with David Airey's logos.
>>
Ayy lmao look at this thread full of butthurt designers trying to justify their doodler careers.
Don't waste your time with logos, dunce.
A logo designer with no connections is juggling a future on welfare.
Unless you're an ass kisser of rich butts, in which case your contribution to this field might be as radical and original as Damien Hirst's contributions to the art world.
>>
>>302410
There it is, we've reached the core of what this child is all pissed about. You're probably the same faggot who posted the "waaahh I hate graphic designers" thread. Look boy, just becuase you'll never make it in this field doesn't mean you've gotta be so jelly of the people who did. Dust yourself off and try for that shift manager position at the Arby's you have to work at.

lol fuck me running, that took long enough. Here's a tip, next time you want to mask your insecurity don't try hiding it behind a rationale for which you have zero frame of reference.

>reCapcha: draw a line around this Dead End street sign
>>
>>302419
>neet finds out too late in life that networking is important in any career
>>
>>302438
Resorting to insults isn't really the best way to demonstrate that you have the upper hand in an argument.
>>
>>302441
When you've been btfo so hard that you have no choice but to attack the entire profession of design as a whole, there's nothing left to argue. Goodbye nuance, hello well-deserved ridicule.
>>
>>302472

There used to be a time where freelancers were the best and people paid premium for their services. In general that seems to have gone down... I've worked for an agency for big brands like Lexus and they did not pay well, just to put things in perspective. The entire industry has become servitude 'oh this will give you experience', meanwhile any job you get afterwards doesn't want to pay for the experience - they just want to hire beginners and tell them what to do (because they don't know - and usually these people have awful outdated ideas).
>>
>>302320
>>302326
>>302390
>>302410

I like this discourse
I recommend this reading to further drive in the importance of 'identity' in design, and how impacting it can be towards making conscious simple design choices.

those Pentagram lames with their bs clean san-serif fonts need not apply, or for that matter the 'jewish mafia', we satanists roll with the inverted pentagrams.
>>
File: 666.jpg (17KB, 243x400px) Image search: [Google]
666.jpg
17KB, 243x400px
>>302506
haha forgot my pic
>>
>>302326
>You don't even need to be a skilled designer to make it big, just have some soft skills, such as lying to people and putting up a facade to hide the impostor

Uh, no shit. "Fake it until you make it" is a mantra for a reason.

See, the thing about graphic design is that a person who's better than you is always just a Google search away. So firms like people with soft skills. And that includes corporate-friendly soft skills like "people person" and "a good collaborator", and yes, skills like "can bullshit well."

The fact that you're on 4chan bitching about Jews makes me suspect you're not exactly fun to work with.
>>
File: bossypants-tina-fey.jpg (255KB, 418x648px) Image search: [Google]
bossypants-tina-fey.jpg
255KB, 418x648px
>>302681
Nice, dude, real nice. Lecturing someone on morality, virtue and ethics when you're advocating for ripping people off and being a two-faced [spoiler]phony[/spoiler]. What if a doctor lied to you, would you still visit him? What if an architect would bullshit you about your future-home, would you still trust him and his proficiency? I'd say this approach is a distasteful tactic and only incompetents need to resort to it because they have nothing to show for it.
>>
File: Capture.png (195KB, 682x686px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
195KB, 682x686px
>>301881
Even The New Yorker is talking about it.
>>
>>302172
>But the Reverend saw some cool shit another church put together because one of their congregants is a designer.
Das me hehe
>>
>>302742
Good, fiverr and the like need to stop their shit.
>>
File: Capture.png (232KB, 1028x411px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
232KB, 1028x411px
>>302327
>keep blaming the evuhl jooz
Fiverr was founded by Shai Wininger and Micha Kaufman on February 1, 2010, and is headquartered in Tel Aviv, Israel.
>Tel Aviv, Israel
>>302800
>need to stop their shit
They're not going anywhere. In fact, they're growing faster and bigger. Part of the business was acquired by Google. Fiverr generates close to 1 million transactions a month. They've been funded with $110 million in investments.
Why can't you be so successful like this strong, empowered and independent woman?
https://youtu.be/g4GWVlHIWxc
>>
File: 1446286030488s.jpg (4KB, 114x125px) Image search: [Google]
1446286030488s.jpg
4KB, 114x125px
>>301881
>They also have a slogan "Stop being Ripped off by paying $100 for a logo".

i like where it goes.
>>
>>301881

>work in company.. the head of department is proud we collected to spend haribos for 200 000 $ to indians. the shit rolls out. haribos are bought. send via expensive plane to india. the shit land there. melts down in the airport during custom registration. brought via small roads to the fucking village. villagers burn all shit down because it is against muslim and hindu rules to eat animal and pig products.

>be THE ONLY ONE who told the bitch that this shit will happen.
>get fired in 2 weeks.
>their department is looking for basic salary "half time" job designer.
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 1348x695px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 1348x695px
>>301881
Y'all need to try harder or go bankrupt.
>>
>>301881
>eat
>coffee

What.
>>
File: images.jpg (2KB, 120x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 120x90px
>>302851
>>
>>301881
Depressed. It makes me feel depressed.
>>
>>302172
>The hot new intern takes over with a budget of $29,995. She does not go to Fiverr.

my fuckin sides, holy shit i laughed so much i almost pissed myself
>>
>>302852
I think that's the point, maybe? I'm actually not sure
>>
>>302172
This explanation is da bome
>>
>>301881
Did they use fiverr to make the logo?
>>
>>303261
I don't think so. It has the Pentagram æ s t h e t i c c attached to it. The heritage is akin to what Mr. Bierut would conjure. But of course, for five extra zeroes, not five dollars.
>>
>>301881

Fiver is whole reason why clients think graphic design is easy and cheap.
>>
>>302835
THanks for enlightening me.. didn't know they were that jewish desu.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.