[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so I took on an entry level graphic design position for a company.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: download (1).jpg (1B, 486x500px)
download (1).jpg
1B, 486x500px
so I took on an entry level graphic design position for a company. there is no graphic design team, it's just me. we have a web design consultant but the only communication I do with him is through email not in person. my actual job title is just graphic designer but on my resume can I call myself an Art Director because its just me in the department? does it matter? will it help me when applying to future jobs? the design work is pretty minimal and its more printing and file management than all else but I was just wondering if the title mattered. I'm not saying It would automatically make me eligible for art director jobs at other companies because I realize I do need more experience but I thought maybe just in general since it was my first graphic design job it would look more impressive.
>>
File: 1465417532831.png (1B, 486x500px)
1465417532831.png
1B, 486x500px
You're worried about your job title? Call yourself a creative director.

Maybe you ought to focus more on gaining real world experience than on which title you want on your business cards...
>>
>>298035

I said within the post I realize I need to gain more experience. It was just a question, not my entire focus regarding the job.
>>
>>298003
I feel like you wouldn't really be doing any art directing if it's just you. You don't have anyone to direct.
>>
>>298488

no I wouldn't be so thats why I was hesitant about calling myself one. the guy I'm replacing calls himself one and nobody within the company gives a shit so I know in that context it doesn't matter, it was more so a question when it came to presenting this position on my resume. I didn't down the line want future employers to see my listed responsibilities and question why am I labeling the position as art director.

Its probably not important like I'm making it seem but I was just curious.
>>
>>298491
Fake it til you make it
>>
>>298491
If someone asks why you put that title, say that is the title you have on your company, that is the position, even if is not the regular position, companies dont have the exact same position even if its on the title, Im a manufacturing engineer, and in my job I am in charge of the maintenance of some machines, other companies the manufacturing engineer is in charge of the production.
>>
>>298003

That's hilarious! At my job I'm the only in house Graphic designer at my job too. My title is art production manager. Get fucking used to it.

>>298035
>Call yourself a creative director.

Director implies you're on salary pay, which I assume he is not and just on hourly.
>>
>>299113

yeah its salary pay. I originally thought it was hourly because thats how the position was listed but the guy I replaced told me its salary.

I like it so far even though Ive only been there a couple of days. Beats doing retail.
>>
>>299148
>yeah its salary pay

Then by all means. Please call yourself art director. Looks better on your business card.
>>
>>299250

i figure I'll do a year or 2 here for experience then hopefully move on to something better.

I like it but I'm still adjusting so theres still some doubts. I think its just because its new so my brain is like nit picking.
>>
Call yourself whatever you want but at the end of the day you'll need to live up to whatever you described yourself as during interviews.

I called myself a pixel relocation engineer for years.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.