[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /gd/ think of the new Mozilla logo? If you look a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: mozilla.png (201KB, 909x363px) Image search: [Google]
mozilla.png
201KB, 909x363px
What does /gd/ think of the new Mozilla logo?

If you look at the comments for the youtube video for their new design reveal (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuLWXHgyEVw) people apparently hate it. I think it looks fantastic. I'm reminded of how literally every time a major website redesigns something, everyone freaks the fuck out and says how much they hate it until they get used to it in a couple months. People hate change.

I give the logo a 8.5/10, personally.

You can see the other finalists (it was a contest) here: https://blog.mozilla.org/opendesign/now-for-the-fun-part/ All of which look pretty bad imo except for the one that won and the first one with the eye for the "o" (I kind of like the second too, but it's not very practical).
>>
>>296549
I still thought wireframe world was the best one, although the protocol isn't too bad.
I like how they reference selecting text, and even use things like wingdings.
>>
>>296549
I think they chose well it's great.

Also, it's really clever it's letters from a custom designed and open source released web font - it speaks to their business objectives and also means everyone can reproduce their logo perfectly.
>>
4/10 from me

>Reads as moz'a
>:// looks like a frowny emoticon
>Ugly colour scheme

Seriously, what were they thinking?
>>
the good:
-actual wordmark is cool, they didn't go all crazy read dinosaur head with it but it's still fun

-the way they reference url bars throughout the branding is cool

-yay custom typeface

the bad:

-ugly and weird color scheme, what's the point of 9 colors when 4 look the exact same ?

-those applications that have random pictures from the web (0:33 and on) are straight-up digusting. They should stick to icons.
>>
:// are not letters, dammit. It reads as Moz'a.
>>
Seems like another case where enough sketches and alternatives weren't prepared.
While the fundamental idea of replacing letters for protocol symbols is good for a networking company, "://" is a dealbreaker. It shouldn't have made past the paper.
>>
>>296549
None of those are better or more timeless than their current logo. they lack the friendly professionalism that the current typeface conveys. The redesigns are just gaudy trends. And as a programmer I find the winner with :// protocol joke cringey and out of touch which makes me wonder if Mozilla is finally falling apart after kicking eich out.
>>
Moz'a, moz'a, assim vocĂȘ me mata,
Ai se eu te pego, ai ai se eu te pego

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcm55lU9knw
>>
very smart, i liked more the one with the lines of color, but probably this will work much better.
>>
The fuck people bitching about "://" not being letters, get the fuck out of my swamp you faggots
>>
>>296932
>The fuck people bitching about "://" not being letters

They aren't letters. They're punctuation marks. ;)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.