[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup guys, amatuear graphic designer here. Doing some logo concepts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: AscendCrownWood_Crit.png (223KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
AscendCrownWood_Crit.png
223KB, 3000x3000px
Sup guys, amatuear graphic designer here. Doing some logo concepts for a friends bracelet company. The two names he is between is crownwood (one word) and ascend wood - "The simpler the better". Give me some feedback on these, fonts etc.
>>
File: IXUFv.jpg (27KB, 863x327px) Image search: [Google]
IXUFv.jpg
27KB, 863x327px
>>296258
if you want us to pick from the ones you have, the middle right one has potential. I would recommend a couple of possible changes:

either keep the spacing between the parts of the crown like you did on the left (starting thinner at the bottom and getting larger going up), or keep the spacing the same size all the way through (like on the right spaced section.

The font choice on that one is decent, i like the spacing, but it might be a bit large. Maybe try with a font that is a bit wider.and thinner, if the target group is females. if the company is a very luxurious then maybe try some sans serif fonts

maybe something in the line of >pic but thinner?
>>
>>296258
(Starting from the top left and going clockwise)

1. This is one is nice and clean but lacks any real personality imo, I like the way it looks but it doesn't tell me anything about what the company does or what it's even about. If I had to guess it might be something related to construction or building because of the font and the name. I like the idea of the A being part of the W but it feels a bit wonky, perhaps work a bit on the connection between the two? Despite being a bit cliche I like this one. :)

2. The font and the logo contrast each other a bit too much. The C gives me one kind of information, the "crown" W another. I also don't think this font is the way to go.

3. Cute but I read it as corn wood. Confusing font. and the logo doesn't really appeal to me.

4. I really like how coherent this one is. The font talks with the logo and they go really well together in a very minimalist way. I like this one as well. Play around with this one a bit more too, try different variations, perhaps lowercase since for some reason this one read strangely as well.
>>
crownwood is easier to say than ascendwood. crown is a more common word than ascend. it makes it sound like a place or a theme rather than some kind of harry potter command. it sounds more regal and less pretentious.

about the crownwood logos, your logo in the bottom right is gorgeous. nice mix of that old-style typeface with that modern CW. the one centre-right could also be nice with a better typeface.

you have a great eye for a self-proclaimed amateur, but clearly need to explore some more typefaces. Gill Sans, Gotham, Akzidenz-Grotesk Condensed, Futura, Baskerville, Didot could replace some of them here and look way nicer.
>>
>>296267
>>296258
>>296258

5. That W ending looks strange. Like 2, everything here contrasts a bit too much. I think the part that is able to communicate well together is the C and the W. It feels like this came after you did 2 and didn't want to throw away the crown. I would have liked it a lot more if the font of crownwood was different and that W ending wasn't so wonky. (I'd also remove that crown to see what it looks like.

6. Don't do this, too confusing. Imagine that texture blown up, and now on a business card. This is the one I liked the least.

7. Simple. I like how everything commmunicates well together but it just doesn't feel like it does enough. I feel like here you went the safe route. I do however like how everything feels really fluid since it does all go well together.

8. I can't look at that A without reading it as an N. Reminds me of the Nespresso N if I'm not mistaken. I really do like how you played with the negatives both here and in 7. Play around some more, it could be a good direction, but the way they are atm feel unfinished.

Keep up the good work anon, I'll be rooting for you <3
>>
>>296266
I think it does get wider as it goes up, but ill exaggerate it more! I believe its unisex wood bracelets so ill see what I have thinner but wider :)

>>296268
Thanks :) agreed about the names. Ill check out some of those fonts.

>>296267
>>296269
Thanks for the reply anon! Super helpful, very well articulated. You put words to the things I was feeling.

Be back in a minute with some of these changes
>>
>>296275
if it's unisex, i think that one fits pretty well. i feel like there something crashing about the type and the icon, but can't really put my finger on it. try some different types, spacing etc and it might be easier to see.
>>
>>296258
Far right middle is my favorite. One below it second but the crown could use some work.
>>
File: Final4.png (447KB, 8334x8334px) Image search: [Google]
Final4.png
447KB, 8334x8334px
Couple minor changes - I would like to send two versions of each so here's what I've narrowed it down to.

Pretty happy with 1 and 3, I still want to make 4 work but the tree feels a little forced :/

Comments and crits are appreciated :D
>>
File: wat.png (32KB, 465x151px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
32KB, 465x151px
>>296313
Feedback (Left Clockwise)

1. There's a fine crumpling feeling towards the crown that is generated by the near symmetry of the of the title letter o's, which you would want to keep and improve your second concept's crown.

2. The obvious standout in the crowd, the triangle on the W should be larger in my opinion and the C's center grown out to the right ever slightly. I would not recommend mixing sarif's at this moment despite your intended illusion and invent a font instead.

3. Too blocky and hardly illustrative.

4. Too much intended action for a climb gear company with a tree that would grow nearer to the ground.
>>
>>296313
I think the first one is by far the best. However, the third part in the crown is a bit too small and might lose some of its readability when scaled down. Maybe you could try to make the other two ones thinner and the third thicker.
>>
>>296313
>>296267
>>296269
This anon here, I agree with (>>296322
>>296342), the first one is great, tweak it some more to see what you come up with :)
>>
>>296313

im digging that first one for sure.
>>
Ok you piece of shit faggot. It's a bracelet company. How does it fit with the bracelet theme in any way? You're only looking at the name. You're cancer to the society and you should stop.
>>
File: Girls.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
>>297214
>he fell for the "logo has to tie in with the product" meme
>>
>>297214

Just like Apple and Nike
>>
>>297226
Not him, but very true. Thanks for this! Quite educational.
>>
>>297226
Wait. For me, the 'wood' still has nothing to do with the products of the company itself, so it can come off as a confusion of identity to me. I have issue with the name, but you're right about the symbolic image that is the logo.
>>
>>297214
*things 12 year olds say !
>>
>>296258
I LIKE THE FIRST ONE.
>>
>>296313
1 - Makes me think more of some haircut with layered spikes but the best out of the 4.
2 - Adidas Stripes
3 - Ok, tad boring though. W feels like it needs to be sharper.
4 - No
>>
>>296313
desu I'm a fan of #3, if you can balance the weight of the image a little more. Where 1/2/4 has kind of an even visual balance, 3 seems heavily weighted towards the left side. I'm not sure if there's some way you can fill in the negative space on the right side of the minimal W a bit, but ye.
>>
What were these made in? gd newfag sorry
>>
>>297732
probably made in photoshop, but you should use illustrator, inkscape, paint.net, gimp, in that order.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.