[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think it is possible to create a decent portfolio in 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Do you think it is possible to create a decent portfolio in 2 months if working full-time on projects?

I have 2 completed live projects that just need to be presented. If I could create another 4-6 decent and varied projects within 8 weeks as well as a decent looking personal website, do you think that would be acceptable for applying for Junior positions?
>>
Depends on the type of projects and how fleshed out they are. You could apply to a junior position with 2 projects if they were tailored specifically to the organisation.
>>
>>293554
this. the guy from theskoolrocks got hired sending only 4 posters however he seems to have pretty good social skills check out his vid on portfolio tips
>>
>>293590

Thanks for the heads up, looks like a good channel

I just think I need to start pushing myself. I told myself try and get a portfolio finished in 6 months but that just gives me 6 months to procrastinate further. I'm perfectionist as fuck and need to curb it.
>>
bumpin again
>>
>>293553
Yes it is possible, and I'd say that 5-6 solid, well fleshed out projects would be enough. Quality over quantity, and make sure you showcase the right skills for the jobs you want, whether it be branding, packaging, layout, web etc.
Also, make sure your CS skills are solid, you should have good working knowledge of AI, PS and InDesign as well as some basic web understanding at the very least.
Most of all you need to be able to sell yourself and your thinking. Can you justify the design decisions you've made? Are they relevant to the client and the problem they need to solve? Examples of strategic thinking behind your work will help you a great deal.
>>
>tfw competent designer
>tfw sperglord who can't communicate or sell himself in any way

It's over tbph desu
>>
File: ed templeton type.png (875KB, 821x926px) Image search: [Google]
ed templeton type.png
875KB, 821x926px
>>295166
>>293553
When you guys talk about projects, especially the use of the word 'live-projects' what are you referring to? Do you mean real-world work, work that's actually been commissioned, or is it just personal work that you've conceptualized to have real-world applications?
>>
>>295483

A commissioned, real life project for a client, not self-initiated work
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.