[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>that feel when the site you design and code displays correctly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: tjr.jpg (88KB, 780x761px) Image search: [Google]
tjr.jpg
88KB, 780x761px
>that feel when the site you design and code displays correctly across every browser on the first try
>>
That looks more like Robin Williams than Donald Trump
>>
>>289059
What about mobile friendo?
>>
>not copying someone else's code
>>
make design great again
>>
>>289059
You can go ahead and forget about that feel then because I guarantee you it does not display correctly with all the older versions of browsers still in fairly substantial use, and if you are serious about your sites functionality, you have make sure it works with shitty old garbage like IE6 by making exceptions like the whole "If IE6 blah blah". I think its 6 anyway, not totally sure. It was a big part of the web class I was in, but that was years ago, admittedly. Anyway, a disturbing percentage still use old shitty browsers.
>>
>>289453
Yes, I've been making sites for over 10 years, back when IE6 had something like >60% of market share.

No, it's market share is shit right now, I don't care about IE6.
>>
>>289059
What do you use for testing? BrowserStack, Browserling, Browsersync?
>>
>>289464
browsershots.org and IETester http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage
>>
>>289460
If you are making a professional site for a significant audience, you need to support anything above 20%, whether or not you think that is shitty. Maybe even 15%.
>>
>>289059
How do you feel about website templates, their up and rising popularity and their ability to put you out of work?
>>
>>289543
They've always existed, I'd argue they give me more work because it opens the doors to idiots buying them and needing someone to customize it.

Also I'm not strictly frontend, I do a lot of backend and database work, I'm trying to become a full stack developer.
>>
>>289583
They don't give you more work, guaranteed. Having a few unsatisfied customers who previously tried templates (and there are way too many who are fine with those) come top you to"fix it" will never match the number you could have had from people who need a site and have no alternative. You are expendable, and the question was HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT.
>>
>>289666
You're arguing about potential customers. True, my potential customer pool is limited since templates became common place.

But it also opened the door for people who would've never bothered with websites, things like wordpress have generated shit tons of work for me
>>
>>289675
It's only a mater of time until you'll become obsolete. These regular, average to small website will not require a human eye anymore in the future.
>>
>>289687
Cool beans, I'll be the one doing the backend

Is this your excuse to not try at life? kek
>>
>>289690
Average to small websites don't need a back-end. They're a three-page brochure websites.
>>
>>289742
Haven't made one of those in years. I do bigger projects, sites that need frameworks and design patterns.
>>
>>289758
You're sinking further and further... its sad to watch, but also funny in a way. Sink on, bro. heh.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.