[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one looks the best: Row A, B or C? And why does it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: HP Konzepte - ABC.jpg (168KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
HP Konzepte - ABC.jpg
168KB, 1024x768px
Which one looks the best:
Row A, B or C?

And why does it look the best?
>>
I would say the Beetle A and the C are okay, but get rid of that ugly yellow, what is this btw?
>>
File: Dynastes hercules hercules 003.jpg (82KB, 850x638px) Image search: [Google]
Dynastes hercules hercules 003.jpg
82KB, 850x638px
>>288779

The ugly yellow needs to be there.
And to answer your question it's a exotic giant beetle called Hercules beetle, or more specific Dynastes hercules hercules.

Pic related.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (214KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
214KB, 1280x720px
>>288778
Those are columns m8

What's it for anyway?
>>
>>288783

For a website which sells high quality beetle breeding supplies and beetles.
>>
C friend
>>
>>288781
okay, but what I ment was what do you want to do with these vectors, and if you have to use the yellow, use a different colour than this blue, it makes your yellow turn a green-ish kaki
>>
>>288783
>>288783
yeah I was really confused by the "rows"
>>
>>288928

Client wants exactly this blue, but if you got an idea which color would look/work better I would appreciate it.

>>288929
Sorry that I confused you guys.
English is not my first language.
>>
>>288943
Baby blue or an old parchment colour would be preferred. The current blue is an eyesore
>>
>>288943
If you REALLY have to keep this blue, you need a better yellow, try a pure yellow 100% or go closer to an orange to stop it from looking greenish
but yeah, baby blue would look better, having both colours desaturated gives it a more united feel
>>
>>288943
Please do the world a favor (we all can do it a little bit at a time) and tell the client that this blue is BAD in every way. Also black on this blue does not work and is extra bad. There is very little contrast. The yellow has contrast, but it is harsh on the eyes with that blue, similar to how bad red is with blue. Also, I have a few years experience in print, and that blue will not print at that intensity, it will be far far less vibrant. I know you said this is for web, but I urge you to lead this dumb fuck client of yours in the right direction, because if he is so in love with this blue, he should know it will not look that way on paper, and he's going to want it on paper in some way or another at some point.

Sometimes, you need to tell them why they are wrong. But you can be clever about it.
>>
Beetle masterclass reporting

(((Row))) C
>>
>>289040

Thanks a lot for your very helpful reply.
I will try to convince him, but it's not easy since he doesn't like any kind of criticism and blocks it off and I don't want to loose this project.
>>
>>288778
C, Black on White. the Blue as well as the "ugly yellow" is Buttugly, use a pastel tone of that blue if the customer wants it so bad
C looks best cause its a little bit 3D, A looks like some Egyptian thing and B just looks too flat
>>
>>288778
FUCKING CONTEXT YOU KNOBS
>>
>>289120
As I said before:
It's for a upcoming website that sells high quality beetle breeding supplies.
Or do you mean/need another form of "context" ??
>>
>>289131

I didn't read past the OP, because I wasn't provided context.
It's too thin and it looks like a traced silhouette of a picture of a beetle - not like a logo.
>>
>>289136
About which logo do you talk about exactly ? I provide three different concepts: A, B and C.

Or do you mean all of them ?

PS: The client misses a thing that says: high quality. Personally I would work with a ribbon with the name on it.

Any tips on how I could make the logo say: quality or high quality ?
>>
>>289138

All of them, they all look like traced silhouettes of photos - that's what the client is talking about.

The solution to this is to develop a logo - by brainstorming -> conceptualizing ->thumb-nailing -> actualizing

Then empirically measure your creation against the competition.
>>
>>289141

You told me nothing new, but probably I didn't provide enough context.

Competition is non existing, if you talk about other logos in the beetle breeding industry.
The client wanted to have a logo that shows there mascot beetle: Dynastes hercules hercules. That's what I did and the client is pleased, but he misses that special something that says: high quality

I didn't ask for advice on how to make logos, I simple wanted to read some different opinions.
>>
>>289188
you already got enough feedback, everyone says C and says the yellow is ugly, that should be enough for you to at least make a better version of your logo
>>
Changed the color to a nice appealing yellow.
Any further tips on improving ?
>>
>>288778
As said before, choose your colors better. If it's for a logo, it doesn't look good at all. Too simple, vectorial design and deconstructing things doesn't mean "just remove lines". Here there's too much voids, and not the good ones. There is no tension and it's really "one layer" meaning. Make the shapes interacts, use the space between them for composition and not only separating big plain shapes. Here it looks like just the work I had to do in first year of school about bugs, not like a logo for a high class selling bug site
>>
File: 7ac.jpg (12KB, 260x194px)
7ac.jpg
12KB, 260x194px
>>289255
>>
File: colour test.jpg (26KB, 283x283px) Image search: [Google]
colour test.jpg
26KB, 283x283px
>>289227
here's a colour test I did, #005fbb looks good with the new yellow and will be easier to print later
try a CMYK black at 100% K it will probably look okay
>>
>>289255

Easier said than done.
I got only a very small spectrum of colors I am allowed to choose from. You can't do much about the black and the yellow is supposed to be exactly the color of the real life beetle, even if it's ugly.

Of course it's not a finished logo, rather a concept I try to work with.
I also have to work with typography, to implement the brand name in the logo.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.