[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Illustrator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Dis bitch.png (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dis bitch.png
149KB, 1920x1080px
Sorry for the throwaway thread but I'm annoyed at my own ignorance and wanted to ask quick.

As the pic shows, I want the eyebrow to cut 'under' the hair, I want the strands to fall on top of it.

I've tried just erasing the pieces of the eyebrow that should be hidden but that results in 'blob' like shapes between the strands of hairs, not a uniform line.

I've tried grouping and joining the strands of hair (They're separate lines) and then using the Pathfinders and shape modes (Unite,Minus Front etc) to try and influence the brow.

Very new to illustrator, sorry if this question is basic as fuck, I don't really lurk here. Thanks in advance for any help.
>>
>>288690
You could just add a white background to your strands of hair. And of course put them on top of the eyebrow in the layer panel.
>>
>>288690
Can't you just give the hair a fill and put the eyebrow below it?
>>
>>288692
>>288693

My aim was to have a flexible bit of line-work to do what I want with, It's just a personal project. So having a white fill for the hair would slightly ruin the thing I'm going for.

*But* if I were to do that: the hair is a messy collection of lines, do I just select all the lines, 'group' and then select fill?
>>
You should use the pathfinder to cut out the pieces of overlapping the hair that you don't want, my best guess would be to make a shape over the areas you don't want and use "minus front" for pathfinder, pathfinder is essential to illustrator so I would recommend learning it if you don't know it already, super easy and super effective
>>
File: Capture.png (18KB, 386x768px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
18KB, 386x768px
>>288690
Take the hair strands, c/p, merge them into a single path and extend the path so that if it were filled it would overlap the eyebrow completely, overlay the new path onto the original, select new hair path and eyebrow, create clipping mask

(pic related)

OR

Expand apperance on the eyebrow so it's no longer a stroke and then use the pathfinder to remove the bits hidden by the hair
>>
>>288697

Thanks a lot, not sure about some of the terminology you used but I'm gonna follow what you said as best I can. Hopefully It'll turn out like yours.

>>288696
Thanks for the tip, will look into some 'master pathfinder' tutorials asap.
>>
>>288690
You're fucking retarded
>>
>>288986
Why?
>>
File: oufehsoaifj.png (69KB, 1269x768px) Image search: [Google]
oufehsoaifj.png
69KB, 1269x768px
Not OP, but have my own question not deserving a new thread

I'm trying to space these dots evenly so I can make a leather pattern I can laser cut, but this isn't even at all.
I am using the Object -> Blend -> Blend Options / Replace Spine method but it's being a cunt.
>>
>>289777
Make a custom brush and apply it to a stroke path.

http://www.graphic-design-employment.com/how-to-make-a-dotted-line-in-illustrator.html
>>
>>289818
Nice, thanks guy
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.