[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is the general consensus here that Draplin is overrated? Liking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: work_identity_04_042914.gif (9KB, 380x190px) Image search: [Google]
work_identity_04_042914.gif
9KB, 380x190px
So is the general consensus here that Draplin is overrated? Liking his stuff and listening to his talks feel like the /gd/ equivalent of fast food.
>>
Nah. Yeah he's popular but a good, simple, logo is fucking hard to do and he does it all the time.
>>
Draplin is great, his designs are always clean clear and with a retro better days feel to them.
>>
>>288020
He admitted that he's no genius designer, just a regular guy trying to make a living from his passion. Left logo is good, though. The right one is generic, but there are others worse than that.
>>
He's popular because of his personality/lifestyle, not his design skills.
>>
>>288020
There's a kid in my class that would probably get down on his knees and suck his dick.

Honestly people like that put me off from things that could be alright.
I do like his approach and choices though, a lot of the retro logos tend to be the strongest.
>>
Great talker and his passion and personality shine through. He's a good, fairly generic graphic designer, nothing more.

I personally found that video he did for Lynda quite inspiring as it demystified the logo design process for me. I always thought Graphic Designers were other worldly creative geniuses but most are not. That video made me realise I am way too perfectionist and hard on myself.

His website is shit btw
>>
If you don't get why Draplin's designs are great graphic design, you'll never make it.
>>
File: 1477612363089.jpg (5KB, 138x138px) Image search: [Google]
1477612363089.jpg
5KB, 138x138px
>>288048
If you don't see why this looks like a logo for a scam Android antivirus app, you'll never make it.
>>
>>288076
"looks like a scam logo"

The most facile statement in the last 3 months, congrats.
>>
File: 1477641912816.png (454KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1477641912816.png
454KB, 1080x1920px
>>288083
Okay so I looked into it, and the reason it looks like a logo for a scam Android antivirus app, is because it *is* a logo for a scam Android antivirus app. I have not yet determined what this means, but there is it.
>>
>>288076
>2011
Do you know how young the app market was then? It's only from 5 years of exposure that now it looks generic and scammy. For it's time it was great.

Also, 100M+ downloads / 4.4 Rating? It's doing well mate
>>
>>288112
I'll concede to the first point, but downloads and ratings are in no way a measure of legitimacy, Clean Master has half a billion downloads and a 4.7 rating and they don't make it any more legitimate.
>>
I really like the guy. I just don't think he's much of a designer

Also, he's a Berniefag
>>
He's entertaining and a good public speaker with some knowledge of design, he wouldn't be popular otherwise.
But he's a average graphic designer.
I personally don't like his stuff.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.