[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips to improve the conceptual mind? I've been in a serious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: pic_120007.jpg (60KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
pic_120007.jpg
60KB, 500x495px
Tips to improve the conceptual mind?

I've been in a serious slump this year and I feel like all my creative energy has been sucked dry, this is stressing me out and in turn affecting my work, my designs are not up to standard.

what motivates you to try harder rather than just cranking out basic designs so that you can get paid and how do you keep your brain working?
>>
prostitution.

it's really no different, but you get to put your cock to good use.
>>
>>281528
I have a tumblr.

akiramilk.tumblr.com

I want everything I make to be as good as anything I post on there.
>>
>>281528
Read good literature
Branch out to unfamiliar territory eg. architecture, modern dance, history
Set up a restricting set of rules for yourself and push those boundaries to the max
Piece together the narrative of what design has been over the years and where it's headed
>>
>>281576
>Branch out to unfamiliar territory eg. architecture, modern dance, history

This is so important. Don't think that because you're a designer you have to restrict yourself to studying visual art and design for inspiration - ideas can come from literally anywhere, and you never know where you might find some little spark of information and creativity that can be applied to your work.

Go read about Mesopotamian history, watch a documentary on WW2 factories, go to a Renaissance Fair, take a walk in the woods and just look at how a bird interacts with a tree.
>>
>>281604

"Creativity is just connecting things."

More exposure OP.

or drugs.

Those work too.
>>
>>281528
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/creativity

I play a lot of games and lift weights when I need a mental recharge.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.