[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is flat/minimalist design the result of people getting more retarded,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: BJzmnmO.jpg (92KB, 1160x772px) Image search: [Google]
BJzmnmO.jpg
92KB, 1160x772px
Is flat/minimalist design the result of people getting more retarded, and i am referring to the general audience as well as the actual designers?
>>
>>280861
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8TXgCzxEnw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrT6v5sOwJg
>>
>>280861
Looks clean, uncluttered, it's hip (right now), easy to animate in after effects and turn into a .gif and you can produce great amounts of it in very little time and zero effort, which is what most big companies want nowadays.

It will fade away as any other trend soon enough, have patience.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 600x450px
found this pic on the web.

it's hip, it's the way i talk, and the way people think.

(yes, everything is so simplistic it's mind-numbing. yes, retarded "designers," retarded public, retarded clients who still follow old, basic retarded trends.
>>
>>280873
To be honest, I don't mind this trend. Like you said yourself, it looks clean and uncluttered and is easy to make. There are worse things out there.
>>
>>280977
>mind-numbing. yes, retarded "designers," retarded public, retarded clients who still follow old, basic retarded trends

It's good design if it eases communication.

This particular trend is very design-friendly but new ones are already coming up (spooky).
>>
>>281060
I expect VR and AR to blow up real fast
>>
>>281062
yeah vr is my favorite design trend
>>
>>281063
didn't mean as in design trend but new tech and it will be a trend that will get incorporated within web design and such over time
>>
>>280861

It's the result of scalability and digital refresh rates.

Flat art and design yield to both of these very strongly.
>>
>>280977

> retarded "designers"

says the guy using long shadow 10 years after it became cliche
>>
>>280861
Why does the shit on the shelves drop shadow but not the fucking shelves themselves, fucking garbage
>>
>>280861
>>280977
>>281060

This is the case of focusing on charming someone with a visual style rather than doing what graphic design is supposed to do: communicate something

By itself all design looks silly
>>
>>281423

>gets us to look closer at the pic to see exactly what didn't get a dropshadow
>bait zooms in on pic
>dead trend seen up close
>trolled.

i took the bait, now i need to go wash out my eyes with soap and new white space.
>>
>>280861
if anything the use of the long shadow like this bugs me, it shouldn't go through the shelf, whats going on with the shadows at the right corner of the table, and heck, is the laptop shadow going through the table too? fuckin horrifying.

this mindless spamming of #longshadow pls end
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.