[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would any of you guys mind sharing some scans of your sketches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6

File: static1.squarespace.jpg (52KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.jpg
52KB, 640x426px
would any of you guys mind sharing some scans of your sketches for past or current projects? don't reveal any if they contain ideas you don't want other people to have, I just want to get a feel for how other designers sketch because I feel like I spend too much time sketching and it isn't helping me.

do you guys sketch out grid lines? do you stick to thumbnail sized sketches or do you draw bigger? Do you sketch in detail or try to keep it simple just to have a reference to a layout you're trying to accomplish? thanks for any input.

It would also be great to hear from some people who are head designers as well, to see what they look for in their employees sketch wise.
>>
File: Screenshot-1471881333.png (292KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-1471881333.png
292KB, 1920x1080px
Wacom Intuos 5M + Photoshop

>do you guys sketch out grid lines?

sometimes i create an isometric grid in illustrator

> do you stick to thumbnail sized sketches or do you draw bigger?

i start with relatively small sketch and then resize it and put in necessary detail / corrections / cleaning up
>>
File: sketch.jpg (270KB, 692x800px) Image search: [Google]
sketch.jpg
270KB, 692x800px
>>280634
here are the last two completed projects.

>do you guys sketch out grid lines?

No, but I have grid paper I use occasionally.

>do you stick to thumbnail sized sketches or do you draw bigger?

Completely depends on the technique I'm using.

Do you sketch in detail or try to keep it simple just to have a reference to a layout you're trying to accomplish?

See above.

thanks for any input.
>>
>>280642
very nice i like those a lot there's some things i would change but i think that's my personal preference gj.
>>
File: 20160824_132904.jpg (89KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
20160824_132904.jpg
89KB, 1000x563px
>>280759

Thanks. I'm still trying to get not shit at letters.
>>
>>280642
i like it. feels good to say this here once in while
>>
File: Cabin in the Desert - Sketch.jpg (265KB, 500x850px) Image search: [Google]
Cabin in the Desert - Sketch.jpg
265KB, 500x850px
>>281047
Thanks, I spent years ignoring the sketchpad, it feels good to go back to the source.
>>
>>281072
I'm under an impression that your house is having issues with perspective, construct it first, because if it's above horizon's line (which is suggested by the fact that it kind of sits atop land line and composition is kind of menacing, so it should be looking at us from above), then roof in the back should be shown lower than the part in front. The wall on the right in general is not well in terms of construction, look at the windows, look how much of the side that is behind is visible.
>>
File: Twisted Tree sketch.jpg (433KB, 750x1189px) Image search: [Google]
Twisted Tree sketch.jpg
433KB, 750x1189px
>>281099

Yeah you are right. I didn't handle the perspective on the cabin well. I think overall it is acceptable though.

A lazy Saturday netted this.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.